crumble | h.s

由 ulookuglytodaysis

{completed} "I want to go home." I plead. "Do you? Because Lydia, I will take you home myself if that's wha... 更多

part one: the robbery
part two: aftermath
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part twenty nine
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty six
part thirty seven
part thirty eight
part thirty nine
part forty one
part forty two
part forty three
part forty four
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
part forty nine
part fifty
part fifty one
part fifty two
part fify three: 72 hours
part fifty four
party fifty five: 48 hours
part fifty six: 24 hours
part fifty seven: goodbye
part fifty eight
part fifty nine
part sixty
Author's Note
Announcement!!!!
RESURRECT
hi :)
surprise ...
new fic!

part forty

6.5K 156 47
由 ulookuglytodaysis

Lydia White

"Are you serious?" I ask in utter shock. I couldn't believe this was real. I couldn't believe my best friend might be pregnant.

"I just- I don't know what to do, Lyds. I'm scared." Eliza cries.

"I'm coming over." I state. "I'll be there in an hour." I tell her I love her and then hang up the phone.

I turn over to Harry, who was waiting for me to explain what the hell was going on.

"What is it? Why do you need to go over there?" he asks.

I stand up from the bed and go over to the dresser. "Could you drive me over to her place?" I ask, putting on a pair of leggings and buttoning up Harry's red flannel so that it covered my chest.

"Well, yeah of course...but why?" he questions, climbing out of bed as well.

I pause and look up at him. "You can't freak out." I say.

"Why would I freak out?" he says, coming next to me and pulling sweat pants up on his legs.

"Eliza's pregnant." I confess.

He stops and stares at me for a moment with questioning eyes.

"You can't be serious." he shakes his head.

"That's what she just told me. I need to see her." I brush my hair into a high ponytail.

"Okay. Okay. Um-" he paces around. "I'll take you, let's go." he throws on a black hoodie and grabs his keys from the nightstand.

I grab my phone and follow him downstairs.

We step into an elevator. I lean against the wall, thinking stressful thoughts. Harry stands across from me, in the same position but with his hands behind his back.

"Was it Liam?" he questions, looking at his feet.

"Who else would it be." I state rather than ask. It's not like Eliza's running around hooking up with random dudes. If she really was pregnant, then it had to be Liam's.

"I'm gonna kill him." Harry shakes his head.

"No. You can't say anything to him. Let me figure it out with her first." I point at him, and he nods in agreement.

"Okay okay. I'm just shocked." he says.

"I know, me too." I reply.

The elevator stops and the doors slide open. We walk down the hallway and into the empty lobby.

The only people around were us and two security guards who nodded at Harry as we walked.

Harry opened the entrance and we walked to his car in the parking lot.

The air was tense and crisp. I didn't know what to do...this was something I would have never pictured.

Eliza always talked about having kids one day, but I'm sure she didn't want them under these circumstances.

Harry drove up to the gates and scanned his card so that they opened up, then he drove onto the main road and sped down the highway.

"This is insane." I mumble, shaking my head. I feel Harry glance over at me.

He rests his hand on my thigh and squeezes. "It'll be okay." he tries to reassure me.

I rest my hand on top of his.

I loved Eliza, and I didn't want her to get hurt. This was definitely the worst case scenario.

We made it to Eliza's apartment in 25 minutes because Harry was speeding. He parked outside and sat back in his seat.

"I think I'm gonna spend the night." I tell him, squeezing his hand.

"You're sure?" he asks, tilting his resting head to look at me.

"She needs me." I sigh, looking up at the building.

"I'll walk you up." he nods and unbuckles his seatbelt. I do the same and hop out of the car.

He walks around the front of the car and leads me inside by placing his hand on the small of my back.

I knew the code to Eliza's building, so we didn't need her to buzz us in or anything.

We walked through the main lobby and entered the elevator. I pressed the button to her floor and watched as the doors shut closed.

I rest my head against Harry's arm. "I'm so scared for her." I say quietly.

"It'll all be okay, love. I promise." he kisses the top of my head. That's what he said before, which confirmed to me that he didn't believe his own words.

He always knew what to say, but now he didn't. He might not be scared, but he's angry...angry at Liam.

I was angry at Liam as well. How could he do this to her? As if he's actually going to stick around when he finds out she's pregnant.

The elevator stops on Eliza's floor and we both step out. We walk down the hall and stop in front of her door.

"I've got it from here." I look up at Harry.

"I'll pick you up in the morning." He half-smiles and leans down to quickly peck me on the lips.

"Drive safe, please." I tell him as he walks off and back into the elevator.

With a sigh, I knock on her door. It immediately opens up to reveal Eliza. Her eyes were red and puffy. She looked like she'd been crying for hours nonstop.

As soon as she saw me, her bottom lip began to quiver. I rushed into the apartment and pulled her in for a tight hug.

She began sobbing into my shoulder, I felt her tears soaking into the flannel.

"It's okay, babe." I whisper in her ear.

She squeezes me tightly and then pulls away, wiping her tears with the paws of her sweater.

"Thank you for coming." her voice cracks as she looks at me.

"Of course." I shake my head.

We walk into her bedroom and sit on the bed. She reaches over to her bedside table and picks up a long, rectangular object.

The test.

She looks at it for a moment, then pinches her eyes shut and hands it to me.

I take it from her and hesitantly look down. There were two faint pink lines, confirming that she was, in fact, pregnant.

I let out a sigh and look up at her. Her head is in her hands.

I reach my arm out and rest my hand on her shoulder.

"We're going to figure this out." I say, trying to comfort her.

"I can't believe this is happening." she shakes her head.

"Have you told Liam?" I ask. She raises her head and sniffles.

"No." she wipes her nose. "He doesn't want kids, Lydia. I don't know what to do." she shakes her head.

"When did this happen? Do you know?" I question, glancing back and forth between her and the pregnancy test in my hand.

"I think it was the night of that shooting. He spent the night at my place and we started drinking again. We forgot to use a condom." she rolls her eyes at her own screw up.

"Oh god, El." I bite my lip.

"God, I'm such an idiot." she throws her hands up in the air.

"You have to tell him." I state.

She looks in my eyes and takes her bottom lip between her teeth.

"He's gonna leave. He'll never want to see me again." she sniffles.

"El, if he leaves because of this instead of working it out with you...then he's not worth it." I say firmly, grabbing her hand and holding it in mine.

She gives me a look. Her eyes were filled with tears, but also acceptance. She was in a tough situation...but she was strong, and she'd get through it. She didn't need Liam's help...he's clearly done enough.

"I love you bitch." she grips my hand.

"I love you more." I chuckle, wiping small tears from my eyes.

She looks down at her stomach, and gently places her hand on it. "I'm growing a human." she whispers.

I smile at her and scoot forward, placing my hand on her abdomen as well. "If they're anything like you, then they're going to rule the world one day." I laugh, making her chuckle at my comment.

"Listen, I'll go with you to get an ultrasound tomorrow if you want." I suggest.

She thinks for a moment. "Thanks, but I have to tell him first. I think that's the first step in all of this." she says.

I nod in agreement.

I look down at the bed, and then back up at her an catch her staring at me with her brow arched and a small smirk on her face.

"What?" I laugh, feeling slightly nervous.

"Isn't that curly's shirt?" she points.

"He let me borrow it." I say, shrugging and crossing my arms.

"Did he drive you here?" she smirks even wider.

"Y-yes?" I raise my voice.

Her eyes grow wide. "So you were spending the night together!" she perks up.

Well, I've actually been spending every night with him but she doesn't need to know that right now.

"Um." I suddenly lose the ability to form real words.

"How are things with him, anyway?" she shimmies her shoulders and winks. She's a sucker for gossip...but it felt a little weird talking about my romantic life with her right now considering her situation.

"I mean...good." I shrug.

"Are you guys, like, together?" she raises her eyebrows.

"Well..." I hesitate but she gestures for me to continue. "Yeah. We're together. As of today, actually." I smile and tuck my hair behind my ears.

Eliza squeals in what I think is excitement and pulls me into her for a hug.

"I'm so happy for you!" she says genuinely. She pulls away and keeps her hand on my shoulders.

"I knew from the moment I met him that you'd end up together." she says brightly, looking into my eyes.

"I'm happy too." I say wearing a big smile. Maybe talking about this helped her take her mind off her problem.

She rubs her tired and overworked eyes and yawns, stretching out her arms.

"I've had a long night. Let's go to bed." she says. I nod and get under the covers next to her.

She shuts off her lamp and curls into the bed.

"I love you, Lyds." she whispers.

"I love you more." I say back, shutting my eyes.

All I wanted was my best friend to be happy. She was like my soulmate and she deserved the world and then some. I silently prayed to myself that Liam would somehow pull through and support her in this...but I knew it was unlikely.

So, if Liam wasn't going to help her...then I would.

-
I woke up to my phone ringing next to my head. I jolted up and looked around to find me laying in Eliza's bed, except she was absent from it.

I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my ringing cellphone. Harry's name flashed across the screen, showing that he was calling me. I press 'accept' and hold the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Hey, I'm on my way. I'll be there in 20." he says. I can hear the engine roaring through the phone, indicating that he was already driving. I peer over at Eliza's alarm clock and check the time. It was 9:30.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit." I say into the phone. Harry hangs up and I stick my phone into the waist band of my leggings. I yawn and stretch my arms, sitting up more in the bed.

"El?" I shout, wondering where my friend has disappeared to.

She walks into the bedroom with the phone to her ear.

"I just need to see you today...No...No Liam, it has to be today." she speaks into the phone, pausing in between phrases.

She notices me sitting up in the bed and shoots me a forced half-smile. I return the gesture and stand up and walk past her towards the bathroom.

I enter the white-walled bathroom and rummage through the drawers. I always kept a spare toothbrush at Eliza's for sleepovers. After searching for a couple moments, I find the toothbrush and prepare to brush my teeth.

As I do so, I look at myself in the mirror. Hair was falling out of my ponytail that was more on the side of my head than on the centre.

Harry's flannel hung loosely over my shoulder, exposing the strap of my black bra. I didn't pack pajamas or an extra pair of clothes, so I was stuck in what I wore when I came here.

I spit the toothpaste into the sink and rinse out my mouth, then try to fix my hair by taking out the ponytail and braiding it loosely to the side.

Eliza walks into the bathroom, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm telling Liam today. He's coming over in an hour." she says, looking at the floor with her arms crossed.

I put my hand gently on her shoulder, causing her to look up at me. "Everything will be fine." I reassure.

She nods. "I hope so."

I pull my phone out of my leggings. "Harry's coming to pick me up." I tell her.

"Ouuu." she winks at me, making me roll my eyes but laugh still.

"Oh stop." I shake my head.

Eliza let's out a small chuckle and scratches the back of her neck with her hand that was covered by the sleeve of her sweater.

"Hey, thank you for helping me out last night. I know it was really sudden but-"

"Are you kidding?" I shake my head, cutting her off. "You're my best friend, I'd do anything for you." I say sincerely.

She pouts her bottom lip and I watch as her eyes get glossy. She quickly wipes her eyes with her sweater.

"Don't you make me cry again. I need to be strong for when Liam gets here." she points at me.

I exhale a small giggle. "You're right." I nod.

Ten minutes later, a knock comes from Eliza's front door. We were sitting on the couch and she quickly stood up and rushed to the door, opening it up so that none other than Harry comes into view.

"Look who's here." she turns around to look at me with a smirk on her face. I smile and stand up from the couch, walking over to them.

"Morning ladies." Harry says as leans against the door frame. He was dressed in his regular black jeans and a black shirt accompanied by a blue flannel that was folded up to where his forearms began, revealing his tattoos.His green eyes were covered by a black pair of sunglasses.

He looks me up and down and smirks a little. "You ready?" he asks, twisting his car keys around in his hand.

"I think so." I respond. I pull Eliza in for a goodbye hug and lean into her ear.

"Good luck." I whisper. She nods into my shoulder and pulls away.

"Bye bye!" she waves us off.

Harry puts his arm around my shoulder and walks us out of the doorway and down the hall towards the elevator.

He presses the button with his keys and the door immediately opens. I yawn as I step in and snuggle into him closely.

"So how'd it go?" he asks, rubbing my side with his hand.

"Well she's pregnant." I say bluntly.

"Shit." Harry says under his breath.

"She's telling Liam today." I add.

Harry doesn't say anything, which makes me look up at him.

"Do you think he's going to flip out?" I ask.

"I honestly don't know. I haven't seen what they're like together." he tugs on his bottom lip.

The elevator opens up and Harry removes his arm from around me, allowing me to walk in front of him.

"I really hope he doesn't. She's going through enough stress already." I shake my head.

"Well lets hope for the best." Harry says from behind me.

We walk out to the car and I hop into the passenger seat as Harry gets into the driver's.

As I buckle my seatbelt, I look down at the center console, seeing two travel mugs in the cup holders.

"What's this?" I ask, picking one of the warm mugs up.

"I put some of that hot chocolate mix to use." Harry smirks at me, making me smile.

I lean over and peck him on the cheek as a 'thank you' gesture.

Harry backs up out of the parking lot and starts to drive down the road.

Unlike yesterday's rainy weather, today was nice. The sun was shining and there were barely any clouds in the sky. It made me think that maybe today would be good for Eliza...that maybe things would go well.

"So, I've been thinking." Harry says from next to me.

I take a sip from the hot chocolate and nod. "About?"

He bites his lip as he looks out the windshield. "We haven't been touched or bothered in weeks...besides what happened yesterday." he says.

I smile. "I know. It's been nice."

"Right...well" he hesitates, running his hand through his hair, making me furrow my brows. "I was thinking that maybe it's time to move back into the house."

I pause as I feel my stomach drop. The thought of moving back suddenly made me extremely nervous, because of what happened to us. I knew that we were safe now, but what if The Phantoms decide to attack again? They could hunt us down easily if we were in the house.

Harry notices my hesitation. "It's not set in stone...it's just something that I've been thinking about, you know?" he says.

"I know...it's just..." I sigh and take my bottom lip between my teeth. "We were almost killed. And I know that they surrendered and everything, but Alexander is still out there. What if he wants his own revenge?" I explain my feelings, hoping he'll see things from my perspective.

His lips form into a line and he nods. "No, you're right. We'll go when you feel comfortable." he says.

I felt bad, because staying in the apartments was not like staying in the house at all. We couldn't sit outside in a backyard, or watch the sun rise and set like we used to. However, I felt safer knowing that we were hidden for now.

I'm sure it won't take long for me to become comfortable. We've been going out in public more and more, and the more we are left alone...the more I will come to terms with the fact that The Phantoms are gone.

We still weren't sure about exactly why the Phantoms surrendered...but if they were lying, or if it was just something to throw us off...they surely would have done something by now.

Eliza Williams

When I'm nervous or stressed...I clean.

It's something I've done since I was little. When my parents were going through their divorce...I always found myself wiping things down or organizing cupboards and shelves.

Right now, I think I might be more nervous than I have ever been in my lifetime.

So, my apartment was spotless.

I also stress eat. So I've been pacing around my apartment, cleaning every speck of anything I laid my eyes on...all while shoving apple cream danish toaster strudel in my face.

It was almost a recipe for disaster.

Liam was going to be here any minute, and I'd be telling him that I'm pregnant with his baby.

I've always been good when it came to confronting my problems...but this was a whole new level.

I'm carrying what will become a life inside of me. Liam told me that he never wanted to have kids...and now look where we are.

I've been mentally preparing myself. I knew he was going to leave and never speak to me again when he found out...so I had to ready myself for him to walk out.

Even if he wasn't going to stick around...he had to know.

My doorbell rings. He's here. Everything is about to change.

"Come in, its open." I shout.

Liam opens up the door and his eyes land on me, sitting on the couch.

He walks over and bites his lip, looking me up and down.

"You look good." he smirks.

I sigh and pat the couch next to me.

"Come here." I say. He arches his brow but sits down next to me.

"What's up?" he looks confused.

I take a deep breath, my eyes darting anywhere expect his eyes. "I- I need to tell you something."

His face falls and he tilts his head.

"What's going on?" he murmurs.

"Liam..." I start.

He leans forward, with his elbows propped on his knees, waiting for me to continue.

The words come out of my mouth in a quiet whisper, causing his face to run pale.

"I'm pregnant."
-

aaaaanddd we'll end it there ;)

also harry and lydia seem to be in a really good place!.... don't get used to it.

vote and comment ! ily

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

172 7 7
"Oh but you see sweetheart, there's so much more I am capable of. You see me from the outside, a guy who can just look at a person once and have them...
94.3K 5.7K 65
[COMPLETED] "I see you've become brave" He chuckles, his eyes dark. "I didn't have a choice," I say without a hint of emotion in my voice. His eyes s...
771K 26.2K 45
My heart was beating and adrenaline was running through my body at a thousand miles per second. My hand wrapped around the door knob, but then I was...
253K 6.9K 54
"They've figured her out, please, do something to help her...I tried to keep her safe and I failed." He was red; dark and powerful. She was white; pu...