Freedom of Olympia

By LetiVH

Olympia College awaits our heroes in this AU. Will Jason ever be free from his own mind, and will Percy come... More

1. I Meet My Neighbours
2. Steam In The Locker Room
3. The Buddy System
4. Dirty Dishes
5. I Slipped In The Shower, Okay?
6. The Truth Comes Out
7. I'm Fine
8. Taking The Passenger Seat
9. Parental Guidance
10. Body Issues
11. The Road To Atlantis
12. I'm freezing
13. Burgers And Hot Chocolate
14. More Than I Could Ever Give
15. One Perfect Life
16. Dam Pie
17. You Saved Me
18. Unleash the Beast
19. Roadside Confessions
20. Never Waste Your Feelings On People Who Don't Value Them
21. Sometimes You Need To Be Held
22. Ghosts
23. Breakfast at Sally's
25. Blue
26. Leo Owes Us Money!
27. Another First
28. Say What Now?
29. Doctor's Penmanship
30. Run, Baby, Run
31. Executioner for Hire
32. For The Glory
33. Revamped and Refurbished
34. Safe, Sane and Consensual
35. Body shots
36. Whirlpools
37. But*ter*fly
38. Spread Your Wings
39. A Good Day
40. Wish I Could
41. Damn Jeans
42. Late Night Conversations
43. Legendary Snake Wrangler
44. Time After Time
45. Gifts Galore
46. Crash, Boom, Bang
47. Catch Up
48. Impeccable Taste
49. Dysfunctional Dinners
50. Trained Well
51. I Slipped In The Shower, Again!
52. Model Boyfriend
53. Last Night of Freedom

24. Brooklyn

653 22 8
By LetiVH

Warning! This story contains mature and explicit scenes within a same-sex relationship. If you are not comfortable with LGBT stories, mature and graphic scenes, do not read this story.

Disclaimer! I do not own Percy Jackson or any characters affiliated with the author, Rick Riordan.

Enjoy the story!*

The ferry glided through the water, making the water churn around the hull. I watched as each swirl made a little whirlpool. One could almost imagine the river trying to swallow the monstrosity disturbing its tranquillity. The icy breeze somehow cut right through my scarf, chilling me to my core. A shiver ran down my spine. Percy merely chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me into his chest as he leaned back against the railing.

"Why can't we go in?" I asked, eyeing the other passengers huddled up together for warmth inside the ferry's cabin.

"How do you expect to get a good view of the city if you're in a box?" he asked with a quirked eyebrow. "I promised you a proper view of the Brooklyn Bridge. Therefore, we need to be out on the deck."

"But its cold," I whined.

"I recall I also promised to keep you warm," Percy smirked at me before he dipped his head into the crook of my neck, warming me with his hot breath. My eyes shot around the sparsely populated deck to see whether someone could see us.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I made eye contact with two teenage girls. They smiled at us like they thought we were the cutest thing on earth. Once again, I was pushed out of my comfort zone. I was raised to consider public displays of affection as a sacrilege. Not that I regretted the action. I've never regretted anything Percy's introduced me to. I immensely enjoyed it, to be honest. The carefree way Percy just took my hand, or pulled me into his arms, made me feel better, made me feel safer.

Percy placed an open-mouthed kiss on my neck, sending shivers down my spine for a whole different reason. I was pulled even closer, my leg comfortably slotting in between his. I bit my lip as his teeth grazed my jaw.

"Maybe we shouldn't flaunt it so openly," I whispered, and Percy groaned. "I know my dad knows, but I told him we're only going public next week. He needs time for a press conference and everything."

"Fine," he grumbled, loosening his grip on me slightly. I found it promising that he didn't let go of me completely. He might have been upset, but he understood. "It's just been a while."

"I know," I said, feeling my cheeks heat up at the mere thought of my spectacular failures. "For what it's worth, I really am sorry for withholding sex...and for last night. I wasn't thinking."

"It wasn't your fault, Jase. Don't apologise." He ran his fingers through my hair with a relaxed smile.

"If you don't mind me asking, has that happened before?"

"Well, I've had quite a few nightmares that left me in a miserable little ball, but I've never had a breakdown with someone else in the room." He stared off to the side, the weak sunlight bouncing off the water and dancing in his eyes.

"Why last night then?" He eyed me like he was trying to gauge whether or not his next words would upset me.

"Best I can guess is that I'm more vulnerable with you. Like, I told you that first night I don't bottom, right? That was true. I didn't. It was my way of staying in control." I didn't know what to say. If him bottoming leads to him having panic attacks, I was fine bottoming the rest of my life.

"I didn't mean it like that," he answered my thoughts, brushing at my frown with his thumb. "Me bottoming for you isn't why I'm vulnerable. You're my partner, Jase, my equal. I can't be selfish with you like I was with the rest, because I actually care about what makes you happy. And to be completely honest, it kind of scares me."

"It kind of scares me too." I stared into those captivating eyes. "But it doesn't matter how scary it gets, because I have you. You're the light in all this darkness. And whenever you feel that light dimming, I'll be there for you because I love you."

"I love you, too." He pecked me once before turning me around in his arms. "Now behold," he said in his best impression of a ringmaster. "The Brooklyn Bridge."

It was breathtaking. The two stone towers seemed so imposing rising from the depths of the river, from down on the water. The cables weaved perfectly, reminding me of spiderwebs. I guess spiderwebs was befitting for the Gothic style of the bridge. To make everything better, Percy had pulled me flush against his chest, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"It's beautiful," I said, kind of weakly.

"It is," Percy whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine all over again.

"Thank you for showing me the bridge." The ferry made it's way underneath the bridge, casting a chilling shadow over us. Percy hummed his acknowledgement behind me, pulling me closer in the dark.

The ferry docked, and we made our way back towards the bridge to walk over it. The sidewalk was bustling with people. I found it a little overwhelming. Seeing the hordes of people from our car never prepared me for actually navigating this madness. A burly man bumped into me so hard, I nearly fell on my ass. Percy didn't seem to care that the man was twice his size as he told him off. The scene instantly reminded me of the 'I'm walking here' scene from Midnight Cowboy, which in turn made me realise something I should have ages ago.

"Oh my gosh, you have a New York accent!" I exclaimed as the man slinked off. Percy stared in amusement before he took my hand and lead me through the crowd, inching me slightly behind himself like he was my shield.

"You only just realised that?" he smirked at me over his shoulder.

"Well, yeah." I felt kind of sheepish. "You grew up in the city, though, so of course, you have a New York accent." Percy just chuckled as we kept walking. I stopped, tugging on his arm to make him face me. "I like it. It's sexy."

"Well, that's good," he said through a smirk. "Too bad it's not getting me laid."

"Oh, shut up!" I shoved at him playfully. He laughed as he pulled me along again. "Besides, I fully intend to rectify that once we get back to the dorms."

"You don't say. Tell me, how, exactly, do you plan on rectifying the situation? You know, assuming I can wait that long." His smirk turned awfully devious as a blush spread through my face. I could feel the heat right up to my ears. "Aw, come on, Jase," he leaned in toward me a bit more. "Talk dirty to me."

"You're terrible." I pointedly refused to look at Percy, but his laughter filled my ears.

"Well, if I'm so terrible, why do you love me?" Percy bumped my shoulder with his own.

"I love you because you're terrible," I mumbled, fully aware of Percy's smirk.

We kept walking, Percy's hold on my hand, never wavering. I stared at the buildings and the bustle all around us. Strangely, the city that always seemed so far away from behind windows felt like home. I felt like I belonged in this city all my life. 

It took me a moment to realise why I felt so comfortable in the city. The answer was holding my hand as he shielded me from the worst of the crowd. Percy was the pure personification of New York. I saw the buildings and the chaos, and I could only think of him. Each varying style of architecture, somehow, reminded me of him.

New York City was alive, magnetic, and electric. The wildness I always found in Percy's eyes was reflected in the chaos of the traffic. Nothing about New York City could be ignored, just like no one could ever ignore the amazing man at my side. It draws you in, and you get lost in its depths. He pulled me across the bridge. It was genuinely gorgeous up close. 

I experienced my first ever subway ride...it was terrifying. Percy just laughed at my slightly panicked state. I was content, though.

My morning with Percy was special. For a few hours, I didn't have a care in the world. I was free from expectations and the weight of the world. And I was consumed by everything that was Percy Jackson. It was over before I was ready.

It wasn't Sally's fault that my blissful bubble burst when she opened the apartment door. Sally was one of the best people I have ever met, and yet my own damn anxiety didn't allow me to relax around her as I did around Percy. I still felt like I had to be perfect. I had to make a good impression because that's what they expected. 

What would they say? I didn't know who the infamous they were, but my father's scoldings and foolish lessons were so far ingrained into my mind that I couldn't help but fear them.

We made our way toward the restaurant to meet Sally's new boyfriend, Percy's old English teacher. We were told he had already arrived when we walked in. The man in question was found at a table by the window, nervously twiddling his thumbs. I found it slightly reassuring that I wasn't alone in my nervousness. Until the man looked up at us with a smile, and I saw how handsome he was. He had longish salt and pepper hair and his brown eyes oozed into your soul like molten chocolate. What the hell did he have to be nervous about?

He stood to welcome us. Giving Sally a kiss on the cheek before shaking both Percy and my hands. He was tall and lean. He wore a brown jacket over a black T-shirt that stretched slightly over his toned chest. Like, seriously, why was this man nervous when he looked like a movie star?

Percy raised a questioning eyebrow at me as we sat down. He casually rested his arm on the back of my chair as he leaned in toward my ear.

"Do I have competition?" he whispered with a smirk, and I felt immense heat rise to my cheeks. He chuckled at my discomfort, giving me a quick peck on the cheek. Both Sally and Paul smiled at my crimson state.

"It's so good to see you're happy now, Percy," Paul said with a somewhat sad smile. Sally frowned at the man as Percy tensed.

"When was I ever not happy?" he asked with a strained smile. Not that anyone would really know it's forced. Percy was just that well trained. But if you looked closely, you could see a dimness settle in his eyes, the smile not quite reaching all the way.

"You're right," the man raised his hands in surrender. "You were always smiling." The meaning of his words was not lost on Percy, or myself for that matter.

"Anyway," Sally cut in, glancing towards her son in worry from behind a menu. "What looks good to you, boys? I think I'm in the mood for pasta."

Hi! I'm sorry it took so long, but I was super busy. Hope you enjoy the chapter!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 2.4K 27
❝ how does one fall in love? ❞ percy jackson obsessively swipes through grindr. he spends nights with guy after guy, temporarily relieving his loneli...
32.5K 542 19
Just another three days in the infirmary solangelo story, no smut. For all the gay idiots on wattpad who leave the funniest comments TW - Violence, S...
35.1K 643 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...
36.6K 808 20
William Solace, Son of Apollo. Always smiling sunshine doctor who is also stubborn as ever. Kindest person ever. Seems like the perfect guy. Little d...