The Keeper's Tale {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

They witnessed her destruction, They were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars... More

Character List
T e a s e r
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter 25

21.5K 1.9K 2K
By TaeTae_lyfe

Wow. It's been a bit since I've updated this story. I've been so focused on The Seven recently.

My little cousin won a spelling bee today. I'm so proud of her. *blows nose* She's so grown up.

This one is for all the Hatter!Taehyung enthusiasts. Buckle up, babies. You are either gonna need tissues, or you're gonna yeet your phone against the wall.....there is literally no in between.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and I love you.

Bye!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taehyung's multicolored eyes were set in silent determination. His gaze never once leaving the darkness of the night time that surrounded him. Cold air blew into his face, snowflakes landing on the orange hairs on his head as he sat still and silent.

He could feel his heart beating in his chest. Not too fast and not too slow. He wasn't scared, but he wasn't calm either.

He was waiting for the storm that was sure to come.

Titan.

He was the storm that was heading this way.

Flashes of memories shot through Taehyung's mind as he past danced across his vision for a brief moment.

The hatter clenched his jaw, turning his head slightly in a futile attempt to rid himself of his thoughts.

He knew that he would have to face Titan again someday, however he didn't think it would be this soon. The two of them had a history. A lot of history.

"A mad hatter." Taehyung mumbled to himself, his eyes moving to the hat that rested in his lap.

The white snow that fell around Taehyung didn't phase him in the least, the cold that surrounded him was completely disregarded.

He couldn't feel anything...except for anger.

He had almost forgotten what it felt like to be angry...for one hundred years he had been alone in his forest with only his thoughts and the cat to keep him company..he had no need for anger or frustration...when you arrived, his happiness grew abundant and he felt as though nothing would ever match the way he felt when you smiled at him.

But, right now..he was angry..

And Kim Taehyung was dangerous when he was angry.

The hatter's head perked up as he let out a deep breath, eyes never leaving the snowy view of the forest as he spoke.

"What are you doing out of bed, darling?" He sighed out, a small smile playing on his lips.

You froze at the sound of his voice, face falling in confusion as you glanced around the balcony you currently stood on, arms wrapped around your shivering form.

"How did you know it was me?" You asked softly, walking over to the orange-haired man that sat on the stone railing.

Taehyung smiled to himself as he turned his body to face you, remaining seated as you approached.

"You should be sleeping." He said, avoiding your question. "I trust that the princes informed you of the coming danger?"

You nodded your head, glancing downward to your bare feet.

You should have worn shoes. It was freezing outside.

"Titan, right?" You asked softly. "They said he's a pretty bad guy."

The hatter hummed as he looked up at you, eyes scanning over your features.

"You're frightened." He stated.

Your eyes snapped up at those words, brows furrowing together at his statement.

"I'm not scared of him, I just-" You paused, biting your lip before continuing. "Jungkook said that he was very powerful...he said that Titan has a big army with him and I know that we don't have as many men as he does and if he gets the castle then-"

"I wasn't talking about Titan." Taehyung interrupted quietly, his hand slowly grabbing yours and pulling you towards him.

You swallowed hard as he pulled you closer by your hand, eyes never raising to meet his.

You knew that he knew.

Taehyung always knew....

He knew you were The Keeper before you ever found the book...and you didn't know how, but he knew that you had found out the truth about who you really were...and he knew that you were terrified of what that meant.

Taehyung's hand pulled you downwards, moving you to straddle him underneath the falling snow. You were face-to-face with him now, your legs resting on either side of his thighs.

Despite the cold, your face began to heat up at the change of position, gaze never raising to meet Taehyung's.

"I don't know what to do." You breathed out honestly.

Taehyung nodded as he listened to you, his hands moving to brush a strand of hair from your face.

"I-If I am really The Keeper, does that mean that my entire life has been a lie? What happens when we finally find a way to get home? I love it here...but I don't know if I can stay here for the rest of my life..."

The orange haired hatter hummed, his multicolored eyes scanning over your worried face, taking in every single detail.

"I still haven't told anyone," You continued. "You and Hobi are the only people who know...I should tell the others, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it...What do you think I should do, Taehyung?"

Taehyung offered you a sad smile.

He knew what he wanted. He wanted you to stay here. He wanted you to fulfill your destiny and be the person you were born to be...He wanted you to be The Keeper...He wanted you to be his....

But this wasn't about him.

This was about you.

It was your decision and he trusted that you were more than capable of making it on your own...even if you decided to leave this world and go back to your home...Taehyung would respect your decision.

But if you left, he was going to follow you.

He wouldn't let go of his confetti.

Not for anything in the world.

"Darling," Taehyung breathed, catching your attention. "My darling."

You couldn't stop your eyes from widening at the sudden change in his tone. The way his eyes studied you with such adoration had your breath hitching in your throat and your cheeks warming up all at one time.

You could feel your heart beginning to pound in your chest as Taehyung's knuckles brushed your cheek, his eyes drawing you in.

A sudden gust of air surrounded the two of you before the cold air of the night was suddenly gone, replaced with dim candle light and a growing feeling of warmth.

You glanced up for a moment, smiling as you took in your new surroundings.

You were now inside of Taehyung's room, the doors to the balcony that you previously sat on were now closed, shutting out the cold of the falling snow.

You still had no idea how he did things like that...

But in that moment, you didn't care.

You could always find out another time.

"I know that you will make the right decision." Taehyung continued, his hands moving to rest on your waist as he steadied you on his lap. "You are so much wiser than you believe yourself to be."

Your smile fell at his words, eyes locking with his, heart pounding at the close proximity of your faces.

"What if I'm not?" You whispered. "What if you're wrong?"

The hatter moved closer, humming as his nose bumped against yours.

"I have never once been wrong, darling." He breathed out, planting a soft kiss to the tip of your cold, red nose.

You blinked in surprise, allowing yourself to relish in the unfamiliar feeling of his warm lips against your skin.

"There's a first time for everything." You said.

He smiled, moving his lips to your forehead and leaving a gentle kiss there as well.

"If that's what you need to tell yourself."

A chuckle left your lips as he kissed both your cheeks, his hand adjusting you on his lap as he pulled you even closer to him, his body yearning for yours.

"T-Taehyung.."

Your words trailed off as the hatter slowly brought his lips to yours, giving the soft, pink flesh a gentle peck testing the waters, before he continued.

"I just want you to be happy," Another soft peck. "I want you to tell me if you aren't happy."

You swallowed as your eyes fluttered shut, his breath fanning across your face as Taehyung kissed the corner of your mouth.

You knew that he was silently asking you for permission before fully kissing you and the thought of him waiting for approval made your heart soar. You loved the fact that he wasn't trying to take advantage of your uncertainty and was, instead, living in the moment.

You wanted to be like him.

You wanted to live in the moment.

You wanted to be happy.

"I am happy, Taehyung." You whispered, enjoying the way Taehyung's grip on you tightened slightly. "You make me happy."

The man before you stared you with pure adoration, his gaze moving back and forth between your eyes as his lips parted.

He was awestruck by you, you were designed for him to love, to adore, to worship. He was alive only to love you, to be there when you needed him. He was yours until the end of this world and the human world. Everything he had gone through was merely a prelude to this moment... all of his past meant nothing to him...He was your hatter, your madman, your Taehyung.

You watched as his eyes flashed down to your lips before locking with yours once again.

Your chest began to heave slightly as the air around the two of you grew thick with an unspoken tension that arose between you.

You held your breath as you raised your hand to his face, cupping his jaw and gazing down at him.

"Taehyung.."

The sound of his name rolling off your lips was all it took for him to finally connect his lips with yours.

Fireworks erupted between the two of you as you finally allowed yourselves to give into the connection that seemed to be undeniable between the two of you.

Color filled your vision as he held you tighter, moving his lips against your own gently-softly....passionately.

It was as though this kiss had effected your very being, like suddenly, you saw the world with such clarity and open-mindedness, you couldn't help but feel like this night was meant to be...like the two of you were meant to be.

Taehyung was in no better condition.

He felt like his heart had finally found it's other half, the half he had cried out for since the day his story was created. Electricity flowed through him as his fingers danced across your soft skin.

He could feel you calling out for him as he had called out for all those years. The colors he had struggled so hard to see all of his life....the colors that his friends and family told him about...he could finally see them.

Nothing was sadder than a colorblind madman.

Maybe that's why he wore all of those mismatching outfits, maybe that's why he longed for his confetti...maybe he had never been able to see the world in the beauty in which it was meant to be experienced.

But now, as he held you in his arms, as his heart began to beat in sync with yours all the colors he had longed for his whole life came crashing into view and his vision was filled with numerous shades of reds and blues....every color he had longed for since his birth....

He smiled against your lips as he deepened the kiss, a single tear falling from his closed eyes as his hand cupped your cheek, tilting his head for a better angle as a soft sound of bliss escaped him.

Confetti.

He had searched for it. He had longed for it. He would have died for it..

And now,

Confetti was falling all around him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 147 34
Hwang Y/n is a walking catastrophe. Where ever she goes she ruins things. She never does it on purpose but things do mess up. This time something big...
10.1K 371 36
Just an imagination... Story of how an idol loved by millions feels useless and lost himself in his journey of following his passion.. I AM SORRY FOR...
11K 294 13
You and Suga have been best friends ever since 7th grade. You guys stopped talking ever since he started working with Bighitentertainment. But Jungko...
10.1K 1.3K 35
Grace has never had a problem being stuck in her own world, and being an astronomy student allows her just that. But when she finds herself in the ci...