Expecting the Unexpected (Bak...

By LadysDaze

"Hey... you like fucking coffee?" Had you known that Bakugou's request toward you as you both held onto your... More

A Warning Before Reading This Book
A Warning to Future Readers... Again
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 13
Week 16
Week 18
Week 20
Week 22
Week 24
Week 26
Week 29
Week 31
Week 33
Birth
Newborn
Three Months
Six Months
Eight Months
Nine Months
Eleven Months
Fifteen Months
Seventeen Months
Twenty Months
Twenty-Four Months (Part 1 Finale)
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 13
Week 18
Week 21
Week 25
Week 29
Week 33
Week 40
Birth (Part 2)
Newborn (Part 2)
Month 1
Month 3
Month 6
Month 9
Month 12
Month 15
Month 18
Month 21
Month 24
Month 38
Month 39
Month 40
Finale
Bonus #1
Bonus #2
Bonus #3
Bonus #4
Bonus #5
Bonus #6
Bonus #7
Bonus #8
Bonus #9
Bonus #10

Week 30

18.9K 1.2K 767
By LadysDaze

Ch.12 - Week 30

(AN- I want to remind everyone that if you are enjoying the story to please let me know. lack of comments or faves makes me assume no one is reading this fic and thus I shouldn't write it any longer. So please, if u are liking this fic and want more.... a comment is a perfect way to let an author know. :) Happy reading)

You scrolled down further on the social media feed, this one a private feed only to close friends and relatives. After all, even heroes respected their privacy at times, and you for one liked to know and be updated on the personal lives of your friends. Currently, you were entertaining yourself with Momo's latest announcement, knowing your husband would love the latest news.

Speaking of the man himself, he looked to be rather satisfied with himself from where he sat at the kitchen table. Two piles of papers near him, and his hand moving quickly as he looked through one filled it out, and then moved along to the other one.

You knew better than to disturb him, seeing as he was always a bit more grumpy than usual if someone bothered him when he was working. Especially if that work was paperwork. You watched as he quickly made a dent in the unlooked over the pile, seeing that he either already was aware of what was on it, or was trying to get done quickly so he could be free of work for the night.

Best Jeanist had been laying on the training and paperwork as of late, trying to get all the work done and handed over to Bakugou before your due date. And despite Jeanist saying he would remain in charge on the surface level, Bakugou would need to start the legal process of handing the agency over into his hands.

Which... required more paperwork and signatures then your husband wanted or cared to fill out. But even so, he was getting through it like a tornado. You were even a little bit impressed yourself, but not envious in the slightest.

Today marked your final working day and from now until somewhere between the first four to eight months after your baby was born... you were on paid maternity leave. You were excited that this was already happening, but still worried about your students.

Lucky for you, it seemed your stand-in teacher had all sorts of plans. Iida never changed it seemed, and it looked like he had one of your former classmates coming in once a week so the kids could not only ask about the hero world but possibly get an internship with some of your former classmates.

You chuckled to yourself slightly, picturing Midoriya or Kirishima trying to act like 'adults' but knew that the pair were both big dorks at heart. Midoriya would start eagerly talking and asking what heroes your students liked, and Kirishima... well, he was always boyish and lovable no matter the subject.

Your head pressed against the back of the couch, hearing it squeak slightly as you closed your eyes. Nearly eight months along now... where did the time go? It seemed like just yesterday you had no idea what to do or how to tell the ash-blonde who was the father.

But things were well now and despite the bumps in the road to getting here, you knew it would all work out.

"Finally!" You heard your husband slam down his pen and then scoot out of his chair.

"Done with Jeanist's paperwork?" You rose a brow, seeing him shake his head.

"Got done with that an hour ago." He smirked, taking the packet of paper he had been filling out like a mad man and handed them to you. "Now I just need a co-signer."

You blinked, looking over at what exactly he was talking about and then let your jaw hit the ground. You turned to him, unable to speak and instead just pointed to the title of the document.

"You didn't..." You looked at him in shock.

"I did. And got approved." He stated proudly. "So... how does an apartment with more than one-bedroom sound? Cause... this one's got three, an actual deck instead of a small ass sliver of the terrace and there's a fucking great park down the street."

You chuckled, looking over the leasing agreement and then pausing when something caught your eye. Bakugou seemed to notice you notice it as well, waiting for you to ask him.

"And... can we afford this new luxury apartment?" You put the papers down on the coffee table in front of you. "After all... we're about to have a kid and I still like our lifestyle of spending our money on vacations rather then flexes, such as a shiny apartment."

Bakugou pointed a thumb at himself, the smirk growing wider on his face. "Well, you're not married to any ordinary hero anymore. You're married to a hero with his own agency."

"Oh, so the paperwork went through?" You looked at him smugly. "I thought you said Jeanist wasn't happy with how you filled it out last week and that's why you had to redo it the last couple days..."

Bakugou's smirk dropped. "Just 'cause my name's not on the damn building or legal records doesn't mean Best Jeanist hasn't fucking raised my pay... if fact, I'm making what he's making and he's downgraded to my pay."

"How heroic of Jeanist. Helping out a soon-to-be dad." You teased lightly, remembering that Katsuki did indeed mention his new paycheck to you.

But seeing as Katsuki often handled finances, like the paranoid man he was about money, you only ever looked if something was wrong. Your expertise was handling the customer service if and when something was off with the payments or bills.

"So... we can afford it then?" You asked him, twirling the pen in your hands.

"We can afford a mansion if we wanted." Bakugou smirked. "But I like to be fucking modest with my money."

"Glad that's the one thing you can be modest with." You chuckled, signing your name a few times and then handing the documents over to your husband.

"I can be modest with plenty of shit, woman." He clicked his tongue.

You rolled your eyes. "Says the guy who wanted to originally call himself 'King Explosion Murder'."

You could hear him grumbling something under his breath, but you were left to your own little giggles as he went to put the finished leasing agreement into his briefcase. Compressed hero costume on one side, and all sorts of other things, including paperwork, on the other side.

"So, when are we moving in then?" You asked, sensing this to be a sooner rather than a later type thing.

"Next week," Bakugou spoke. "So... let's get all the old annoying ass people from UA to help. Save us some money on hiring moving guys."

"How heroic of you to exploit our friends." You chuckled. "And how are we going to get them all to come and help us move on such short notice?"

"Same way we always have: food... and booze since we're all legal to drink now." he shrugged, seeming to have thought this out.

"Works for me, so long as I'm not drinking or lifting anything heavy. Or Uraraka either." You spoke remembering something important you had wanted to show him, getting up and coming over to him. "Oh, by the way. Look what Momo posted."

"Hmm?" He gave you a strange look, as you usually didn't push him into whatever the woman who married Half-and-Half was up to. "Why?"

"Just look." You spoke, looking at the screen once more yourself.

Bakugou shrugged, looking at the device. He could see Ponytail and the Half-and-Half, accompanied by Deku and Round Face. Round Face's baby bump more prominent now than it had been before, but she was around month four or five now... wasn't she?

"I don't know why the hell I'm looking at this." Bakugou spoke, and you sighed.

"For the love of All Might..." You took two fingers and zoomed in to a certain part of the screen. "Does that help your selective blindness?"

He shot you a dirty look before glancing back down at the picture. You had zoomed in on a banner in the background, Bakugou's eyes widening as he saw what was printed on the banner.

"Parenting classes?" He growled, then looked at you. "Is Ponytail fucking pregnant?!"

"Yes. One month." You nodded, ready to say something positive when you noticed your husband's face. "Katsuki stop... you're going to scare the baby."

"We don't have a baby yet, woman!" He scolded you, and then looked back towards the phone.

"Those fucks think they're better dads than me cause they went to some shitty classes huh?" He venomed. "Well, I'm gonna be the best fucking dad... and they'll feel so fucking inadequate."

"Katsuki." Your voice was stern, the mere tone of it making a shiver run up his spine.

"W-what?" He gulped when he saw how you looked at him with pure disgust.

"Remember what you said you wouldn't do when I told you Uraraka was pregnant?" You rose a brow at him, your husband sure you were keen to blow at any moment should he say the wrong thing.

"Yeah, I know... and our kid can have another damn friend if they want..." He smirked darkly. "All I know is that since these two nerds can't surpass me in-hero ranking... they're gonna try to be better dads than me. I'd like to see 'em try."

You sighed, seeing as this wasn't him acting upon his ego, but rather him acting on his desire to be the best. Two closely related things, but if it had been ego... he wouldn't look so impassioned on making this a somewhat friendly competition.

As long as you, Uraraka, and Momo all got your wishes of letting your kids grow up to be friends... then the dads could have their petty 'I'm better and will surpass you' competition as they did in high school. So long as the kids were kept out of it and happy... you knew you wouldn't have to scold your competitive husband much.

"I guess baby fevers an actual fucking thing..." Bakugou muttered, giving you your phone back. "Glad I'm not the damn copycat though."

"I wouldn't call getting me accidentally pregnant a 'positive' in any sense..." You sighed and then continued to speak before Bakugou possibly blew up. "But... for what it's worth, which is a lot for me... I'm glad we got pregnant when we did. Plus... you've really taken up the role, Katsuki. I'm proud of you."

You went on your tiptoes as best you could, reaching up towards your husband and placing a sweet kiss on both of his blossoming cheeks before landing back on the balls of your feet and smiling brightly towards him.

"You're gonna be a good dad." You spoke sincerely, voice soft and kind. "I know you will."

"Pregnancy brain is making you act all weird again." Bakugou spoke, though his words were spoken in an embarrassed tone. "Can't wait until the brat is born and you're back to your normal weird-ass self..."

"Well, since I am being weird according to you... then I guess that's why I want us to sign up for those parenting classes as well." You smirked, knowing his answer for this before you even said it.

"Like I'd be caught in one of those annoying ass classes that teach you how to stop a little brat from crying..." He clicked his tongue. "I'll be the damn best dad, and no class can prepare me for anything I already fucking know."

You chuckled lightly, having a feeling he was having trouble processing and accepting the sweet display you had just given him. And while you had caught him several times something he didn't want you to see for his ego's sake, you knew better than to tease him on the matter.

After all, the parenting books that are hidden under his side of the bed you had seen accidentally while cleaning one day when he was on patrol was more than enough for you to know you didn't need to force him into classes.

He had been preparing as much as you had. And now... it seemed the final countdown was finally here. One month to go... until you both could officially earn the title of 'Parents'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 705 37
Understanding Katsuki Bakugou certainly was a challenge. But there still somehow had to be a way to learn how Ochakos classmate thinks just so she co...
49K 1.1K 12
You, a girl who is socially awkward, undeniably introverted and a bit shy. Meets a guy who's explosive, aggressive personality and straightforwardnes...
55.1K 1.6K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...
1.2K 85 17
Okay hold up, This is not bakugou x READER it is a bakugou x OC. This prince I have to marry brings out a side of me that I have to be careful abou...