Always and Forever

By SheIsNotSane

"He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her." * "So, did you miss me?" I joked, lig... More

Strange and Mysterious
Mr or Miss?
Making It Back From Hell
His Darker Side
Code Red
His Softer Side
Warning?
Whispered Converstations
He's Armed and Dangerous
What He Has To Say
Under The Rain
Welcome Home
A Serial Killer
Stake Out
Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 1
Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 2
Violent Acts
When Things Lead To Another
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Side Effects
Moving On: Part 1
Moving On: Part 2
Paranoia
Red Eyes, Contagious Smiles and Blue Skies
The British Guy
Shut Up and Listen
Stay Safe
No Way Out
Ana, Tas or Anastasia?
Just Try and Try Again
Confessions
Struck By Lightening
His Not So Humble Abode
Ward E
Taking You Home
A Little Crazy
Warrior Anastasia
Game Over
Ticking Time Bomb
Always and Forever
Always and Forever - Hunters POV
A/N Greif
A/N Announcement
Character Interviews

The Voice Inside My Head

302 21 3
By SheIsNotSane

Chapter 29: The Voice Inside My Head

It's been a week since the incident with Nathan and I decided that I want some answers.

So we were at the mental institution where Nathan was admitted in and by we I mean Dylan, Trey, Hunter and I.

As I walked inside I noticed how horrible this place trully was I mean American Horror Story had nothing over this place.

"This place gives me the creeps" Dylan whispered to me as we walked past a man who's eyes were way too wide to be considered normal. I don't think I even saw him blink once.

I immediately lowered my gaze when he gave me a big toothy smile and started jumping about almost slapping the nurse holding on to him in the face.

"Me too" I whispered back to Dylan

Dylan and I walked up to the receptionist whith Hunter and Trey trailing behind us.

"We're her to see a Nathan Graham " I smiled at the lady behind the desk

"Sure" She paused "Let me just check" She spoke eerily. Damn this lady looked awful, like she'd seen way too many things in her lifetime.

I wonder what actually goes on here. I looked around the place noticing a little boy, he looked no older than 10, with black curly hair and green eyes, sitting in the corner staring in our direction. I smiled and waved at him and he did the same I guess he thought of that as an invitation so he started walking in our direction. Hunter noticed this and came to stand beside me.

"Hey there little guy" I kneeled down to his height.

He didn't speak just smiled wider revealing his two missing front teeth. He was so adorable.

"I'm Anastasia but you can call me Tas, what's your name?" I asked him gently

Instead of telling me he wrote it down on the piece of paper he had in his hands.

"Dylan?" I read out.

"Yes?" Dylan, my brother, called out at the same time as Dylan nodded.

"My brother's called Dylan, that's him other there with the goofy face." As soon as I said that he beemed with excitement.

"Tas?" I heard Dylan call out.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"We have the cell number".

Cell number? What is this, a prison?

"Alright" I Told Dylan.

"I have to go but It was really nice meeting you" I smiled at Dylan, the little boy.

His smile dropped for a second but he regained it.

His eyes went wide like he remembered something. He ran back to where he was sitting before and brought back a piece of paper and gave it to me.

"This is for me?" I asked him.

He nodded.

I looked at it and saw a pretty good drawing of a girl with wings sitting in a corner with her head in her knees.

"Who is this?" I questioned.

He pointed at me.

Just as I was about to question what it meant he lifted a finger and dragged it down his left cheek.

Just as I was about to question him again Dylan, my brother, laid his hand on my shoulder. I turned up to look up at him as he spoke.

"Tas we need to go visiting hours are almost over.".

I turned back to Dylan and saw that he had written something on a paper and he held it up for me to see.

"Are you going to come back?" I read out loud.

"I'll come back soon I promise" I whispered to him, making sure the others didn't hear.

He ran back to where he was sitting, beaming with happines.

I picked myself off the ground and turned to the guys.

I let out a heavy sigh. "Let's go".

I felt my hands get clammy as we walked in to the elevators leading to C wing.

The wing for the Criminally Insane.

I felt something slip into my right hand and looked down to see it was Hunters hand. I looked up to find him looking forwards, I too looked forwards and realised there was a huge mirror hanging there and found Hunters' reflection staring back at me with a tender smile. I squeezed his hand and gave him a small smile in return.

Before I knew it we reached cell number 13, Nathan's cell.

Nathan was sitting on a bed fidgeting with his fingers. I noticed a small sink and a steel toilet beside him.

"Nathan" I whispered. His head shot up as he heard my voice.

"Ana" He breathed out. I flinched at the name.

Hunter squeezed my hand reminding me I wasn't alone.

"Ma'am we can't allow you to go further than this" The nurse accompanying us told me.

"Ok thank you" I told her before he left.

"Guys can I speak to him alone?" I knew it was a far shot but I still asked in the chance that they might say yes.

"No" They all said in sync.

I let out a sigh kowing they weren't going to leave me alone.

"I just need to talk to him it's not like he can do anything with these bars seperating us anyways.".

They all shared a look before Hunter spoke.

"I'll stay with her, you guys can go"

I moved closer to the bars, not close enough where he could touch me but close enough.

I took a seat on the floor wth Hunter right next to me.

"I'm not here to ask how you are doing or if you're ok, I just want to know why, why did you do it?" I kept my face neutral not allowing him to see what I was feeling.

"I just wanted you to love me like you love him" He spat out. He took a deep breath in and slowly let it out.

"I know I'm not normal Ana. They told me it's because I was left alone at a young age, because my parents died and left me alone, I lived alone for so long, so long that I clinged on to you. You were all I had left, you really were" He paused looking down "And then, he came" His breathing seemed to come quicker and more ragged and Hunters hand tightened around mine. "It was fine at first I didn't think he would pay much attention to you but then you started to get attached to him, you spent more time with him and you forgot about me. So that's where it started I wanted you to notice me. I knew you but I didn't know about you so I took it upon myself to educate myself about every little detail about you.".

"You claimed to love me so why did you want to hurt me?" Surprisingly my voice came out firm and not shaky like I had thought it would.

"I do love you Anna" He said looking hurt. "I didn't wish to hurt you but I had to, he told me I had to, he told me you would always remember me and you will never ever forget me if I did.".

He?

He paused for a minute.

"You won't forget me will you Ana?" He said fearfully.

I decided to ignore his question.

"Who is he Nathan?"

"The voice inside my head, he tells me what to do, he's so smart Ana, he always knows what to do".

The corners of his mouth quirked up in a small smile.

"Ok, I think that's enough" Hunter spoke standing up.

I too followed him up.

I felt drained talking to Nathan.

"Lets go Anastasia".

I grabbed onto Hunters outstretched hand and walked away from Nathan.

"Will you come back?" Nathan shouted as we reached the doors.

That one question reminded me of when the little boy, Dylan, had asked me the exact same.

I stood facing the double doors as I answered his question.

"Not for you".

*********

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 93.7K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
1.7M 112K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...