My Human

By Yesenia1una

Woken in a world ravaged by war, the planet is deteriorating quickly and Aeris is a lone survivor. Her one h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 Deep Inside of You
Chapter 36 Bound for the Floor
Chapter 37 High and Dry
Chapter 38 The Pretender
Chapter 39 Trouble

Chapter 14

7.1K 350 27
By Yesenia1una

Xan hastily released me from my restraints, but although I had regained movement, my limbs felt like jello.  I tumbled forward from my confines and Xan quickly caught me as the soundtrack of alarms continued to ring.

The footsteps drew closer as Xan pulled me into his arms and I felt my cheeks burn.  "I won't let anyone take you," he said as I struggled to hold on tightly.  I felt so relieved to see him.  This galaxy was so dangerous, but it felt safer with him.

He turned and we were immediately face to face with a female being of red skin.  She resembled the beings that worked for Deek, but her skin was a much paler red, almost just a rosy glow.  Her hair fell to her shoulders in loose curly turquoise waves.  Her golden eyes narrowed as she pointed what looked like a laser gun in our direction.  A winding beep sounded while red lights blinked on the side.

"Put the being down," she hissed at Xan, who arched an eyebrow in confusion.  "You're surrounded."

I noticed one more being cornering us, a Roxan male with spikey violet hair, pointing a laser at us as well.

"I'm not going to hurt her," Xan informed.

The woman's face twisted in disgust.  "You think I'd believe that?  You disgusting narcissists think you can take exotic organisms and play God without any regard to galatic rights or ethics.  We will not allow it!"

Xan huffed in annoyance.  "I am not one of those beings.  I am trying to save her and you are getting in my way."

Suddenly, a low laugh burst from behind us.

"Xan?  You saving and housing an illegal being?  That doesn't sound very 'by the books'?"

A Torian man with ruby red hair wore a large grin as he revealed himself to us and Xan relaxed. 

"Neron, why am I not surprised you're here?"  Xan moaned.

The man walked over to the wall where a touchpad was mounted and he punched in a code that suddenly stopped the sirens.

"Neron, you know this thief?" The woman asked confused, lowering her laser only so slightly.

Neron smirked as the beings who were serving Deek before came rushing into the room, but to my surprise, they stopped before Neron, as if awaiting direction.  He spoke to them in their language and they responded urgently.  Neron responded quickly and they rushed off, grabbing the exotic plants that had been loaded into this place and taking them outside.

Neron directed his attention to the woman. 

"Of course, my love.  He's an old friend," Neron replied with a wink at Xan who rolled his eyes.  "But why don't we explain the rest later and get out of here with the cargo.  It seems that although Deek is restrained, he's got some powerful beings on their way.  Seems they were expecting an extravagant auction, but he already gave everything away to one buyer."

I shivered, remembering Alano.  He had plans for me.  I was afraid of what he was capable of more than anyone else.

"Hate to see what they've got planned for him," Neron continued.  "Best we get out of here before they get here."

Xan held me tighter and began to head in the opposite direction, already disconnecting from Neron and whatever his crew was planning, but he wasn't able to elude Neron's watchful gaze.

"You know I'm sure the Torian empire has something real important for you to take care of, Xan, but you might be interested in coming in along with us.  You might learn some valuable information," Neron coaxed with a knowing smile.

Xan looked tired already.  "I'm sure it's nothing I don't already know, but thanks."

The being drew his laser at Xan and the beeping lights forced him to stop in place.

"Well, I was hoping for a kinder invitation, but you're forcing my hand here."

Xan turned around slowly to meet Neron's eyes. 

"I can't have you running off with an ancient one, not until I can ensure what you intend to do with her."  Neron's face became more serious.  "Surely you know what will happen if you turn her over to the Torian empire."

"It's not like that," Xan answered calmly.

Neron's eyes seemed to flash with a red shimmer.  "The hell it isn't! If the empire wasn't pulling your strings, you'd fall over on your face!"

I could feel Xan's body tense.  His eyes now glimmered red as well.  He was angry.

"I need to keep her safe," he seethed, the tone so sharp it cut right through Neron as if this was something new for him.

Neron's face softened and he looked at Xan sternly.  "Then you definitely need to come with us."

Xan's body remained tense and his eyes glared at Neron, pensively debating internally.  I had no idea what he was thinking or even planning. 

"Xan," I whispered and he looked at me, eyes warming slightly.  "Can we trust them?"

He sighed. "Yes," he answered simply as if answering himself at the same time.

He looked at Neron.  "Alright, we will come.  Just don't waste my time."

Neron laughed heartily, slapping Xan on the back as we all scurried for the exit.  "There's that charm I've missed so much!"  He flashed Xan a grin.  "It's gonna be just like old times again, ain't it, partner?"

Partner? That surprised me.  What history did these men have and how could they have worked together? Xan was a solitary stickler for the rules and these beings didn't seem like they cared much for abiding by laws.  I had so many questions, but now first we needed to escape.

Before we exited the building, everyone tapped their wristbands and the crystalized fields surrounded them, providing gravity protection.

Xan placed me gently on my feet, holding his arm around me securely to ensure I was stable enough to stand.  He reached into the pocket of his thin, black leather jacket and pulled out a breathing mask for me along with a wristband, just like his.  His eyes were focused as he placed the mast on my face gently and snapped the wristband around my wrist.  It was like flexible black plastic that contorted to my writs and once applied, I gasped in surprise as the edges smoothed and melted together creating a perfect fit. 

A small smirk tugged at Xan's mouth, loving my awkward reaction to the things he found so normal.  He tapped band and a hologram floated above, showing several symbols I was unfamiliar with. I watched as he quickly tapped through and finally pressed one with an 'x' in a circle.  Suddenly I felt a quick chill like a cool breeze caressed my body.  The crystalized field wrapped around the curves of my body just like it had the others.  It rested on my skin ever so gently and tickled.  It was a strange feeling.

Xan quickly activated his protection as well and looked at me sternly. 

"Stay close to me," he insisted and I nodded.

Xan shot the others a ready nod and Neron opened the door to exit the building. 

The large doors slid open and revealed four terrifying beings that seemed to be 7 foot tall and muscular.  They resembled Torians, but larger like giant bodybuilder warriors.  They wore black jumpsuits and their faces were covered in tribal tattoos.  Their faces were expressionless as a familiar face appeared from behind them and I felt a pang of terror.

Dr. Alano stepped forward with a grimace so foul it could have brought me to my knees.

"I believe you have something that belongs to me," he snarled, looking at me possessively.

A dark look drew across Xan's face and his eyes took on a black tone.  He stepped in front of me protectively and drew his a laser gun forward, which then encouraged the same from Neron and his crew.

"She will never belong to you," Xan answered aggressively.

Alano seemed amused.  "And of what interest is she to a pitiful dog of the Torian Empire?  You have no other purpose but to follow orders.  Or are you one of the Outliers drifting along in a meaningless existence to do nothing more but rebel against your own people?"

Neron scowled at Alano's words, but Xan didn't react.

"My motives are none of your concern.  Perhaps I should pursue the illegal trafficking of beings to perform off the record experiments that put shame to the concept of ethics.  Would that make my existence 'meaningful'?"

Alano's cold eyes showed no response, they remained an icy silver.

"I suggest you hand her over to me now," Alano threatened with an evil smile, looking at his four beings.  "These Vykas I brought with me are geared up to do what they do best...kill."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121 23 11
Killing-that's all he ever thinks about. . .there is an imposter on the ship who thinks he can save humanity by killing them. But how can he easily e...
204 18 21
Far in the future when lightspeed space travel is possible; wars, poverty, and crime rage throughout Earth; and the line between survival and humanit...
229K 11.5K 21
When Mandy loses her job, she thinks she’s hit rock bottom – until her plane is swallowed by a strange storm that sends her and everyone else on boar...
737 124 19
"When just being alive makes you a target, you learn to keep your head low." Being a nurse in an ER clinic, Eileen never had much time for romance. E...