Broken (SasuNaru / NaruSasu)

By The_one_with_no_name

Status: Completed They met when they were seven. It was a fated meeting. Friendship grew to attraction and a... More

Announcement!
Prologue
1. Konoha High School
2. Spark
3. Knight in Shining Armor
4. Döppleganger
5. Mixed Signals
6. The Culprit
7. The Breaking Point
8. The Kindest Heart
9. Heartbeats
10. Love, Jealousy and Deception
11. The Unspeakable
Small Announcement
12. A Healing Journey Begins
13. Remorse, Redemption and Reconciliation
14. Reunion
15. Dates
16. Love Is An Explosion
Book Cover
Covid-19 Outbreak
17. Home
18. Be My Valentine
20. "Papa" vs "Fuck"
21. Withering Dreams
22. Hope
23. Trouble In Paradise
24. Loneliness
25. Help
26. Family Matters
27. Misfits
28. Broken Heart, Broken Mind
29. Jealousy
30. Unbreakable Bond
31. Invisible Pain
32. Giving Him Up
33. Girlfriends and Best Friends
34. The Pendant.
35. The Third Wheel
36. The Secret
37. Longing
38. Selflessness
39. The Future
40. The Ramen That Changed Everything
41. Unexpected Turn
42. Miracles
Wattpad Rant
43. Parenting 101
44. Torture
45. Inseparable
46. The Five Stages of Grief
47. Love and Loss
48. Together Forever
Thanks
10K Special Announcement

19. Namikaze Sora

1.6K 58 76
By The_one_with_no_name

Naruto was walking with Sasuke. Their fingers intertwined.
The blonde was thinking of how close he came to killing Toneri. The thought itself haunted him. He was concerned about his mental stability. Maybe it was just his protectiveness of Hinata, but it could be something more.
"So why did you leave after finding out she is getting married?" The voice startled him. He had forgotten Sasuke was right beside him. Today was white day after all and he planned out a date.

"She's not...anymore"

"You broke off her engagement?" Sasuke looked at him "what? Ya...Usuratonkachi, what's between you and the Hyūga girl?"

"You jealous, Sasuke-teme?" He smirked, pushing the thought from his mind.

"Definitely not" he blushed, looking away.

"Of course you're not" Naruto said, a hint of sarcasm. "Well anyways...Hinata is a close friend. She told me about this guy before. He's a real asshole so I just...didn't like what was going on." He kept it vague. He didn't want to talk about it.

"So-..."

"Sasuke, can we just drop it?"

"Ha...I was going to ask if you wanted to go out" now Sasuke was intrigued. What was it that got his partner in this bad mood. "Naruto, whatever it is that's bothering you. I want you to tell me"

"You'll just...push me away"

"I promised I wasn't going to anymore, remember?" Sasuke got in front of Naruto "I want to help you...that's what it means to be together. To help each other out and rely on one another when we are at our worst"

Naruto pulled him closer, still afraid of losing him. He closed in the gap and kissed him for reassurance.
"I'm scared of what I could have done Sasuke" he rested his forehead against his Uchiha boyfriend.

Naruto's piercing blue eyes demanded help.
"What could you have done?" He wondered

"I could have killed Toneri. It would have ended in a second."

"Usuratonkachi, I almost killed a lot of people; including you." He smiled "I know you, you have the greatest self control I have ever seen. You could have killed him but you didn't. You could have killed Deidara, the gangs that attacked us before. You always have had that ability. I think maybe today was the first time your patience was actually tested. And I know why"

"Why?", What is it that Sasuke knew?

"Because this reminded you of what Sakura forced you to do. You were relating that feeling to Hinata's and then you acted on impulse. No one came to save you, you saw yourself in Hinata and then that happened. In a sense, you were doing what you couldn't have done that day; saving yourself" Sasuke cursed himself "fuck me,...now I'm starting to sound like Shisui too"

Naruto chuckled, hugged Sasuke and gave him another kiss. It could have been so. He had never lost his temper so badly before. The incident with Shisui was him acting out of fear not anger. it was the idea of forcing her that really bothered him so much. Sasuke nailed it.

He had thought that he had moved on but in reality it still was bothering him.
They got home together. Naruto's fears subdued and all he wanted now was the perfect date.

Naruto told him he would go fix them a quick snack but when he was taking too long, Sasuke offered help.

"I'm almost done!" Naruto shouted from the kitchen. Sakura took her leave to stall Sasuke. She told him if he could help her come up with names for the baby.

"Doesn't Naruto get a say in it?" He didn't want to talk about it. He's been pushing the idea out of his head. Naruto was definitely not going to be a dad, specially with Sakura. He didn't want him to be a dad.

"Ah he said he was just going to wait until the baby is born. I gave him suggestions but he didn't like any of them"

"Okay, I'm not really good with names" Sasuke confessed. The subject still made him nervous. He was going to walk away when Sakura was in pain.

"The baby's active today" she smiled "do you want to feel?"

"Ha...." He was pushing himself to do something uncomfortable in hopes this would allow him to bond with the unborn child. When he felt the movement, it made him more anxious. If Naruto was ready to be a dad, he certainly wasn't. 'Why am I thinking about that?'

"Sasuke-teme, wear your jacket. We're sitting in the garden"

"But it's warmer here" he protested then gave up immediately to Naruto's pout. Ah that Namikaze pout got him.

Naruto just wore his jacket, not able to hide his enthusiasm.
"You prepared something haven't you?" Sasuke concluded.

"Ha" he smiled wide and lead the way "Sakura-chan helped me ou-..." He stopped as he saw Karin eating all the Sushi he worked so hard to prepare.

The plate was perfect and now it was just a mess. The Onigiri Okaka was no different either. She behaved like a pig and it was obviously done on purpose.

He had worked so hard for it. Naruto just looked at her mischievous smile and backed out. His lips quivered as he tried to hide his tears.

"The fuck is wrong with you??" Sasuke would have jumped a bitch if it weren't for Naruto's soft tugs "I still love it all, okay?" He kissed his forehead "don't cry, okay, Usuratonkachi?"

"I just....wanted us...." He couldn't help but cry. He let of go of Sasuke and ran off upstairs.

Sakura saw him storming off and walked to the stairs. "Naruto-..." She saw Sasuke yelling outside and she walked over. "Sasuke-kun, what happened?"

"She ruined our fucking date" he grunted and walked away. He had to go calm Naruto.

"Karin, that's unacceptable. Naruto-kun worked really hard" she sighed "they love each other"

"Sasuke will only be with-.." Sakura slapped her and the redhead stopped talking.

"Naruto-kun is a good person. He's the type that would give the world to save someone. He would give his life for those around him. And you know he is sick, you are supposed to be taking care of him. Not only what you did is unprofessional but I swear to god if you hurt Naruto-kun again in any shape or form..." The Pinkette formed a fist, her white knuckles showing but she had the most innocent smile on her face and she hit the wooden table breaking it to pieces. "Got it?"

"H...ha..hai..." Karin almost pissed her shorts. They were all just a bunch of crazy strong people.

Sasuke cuddled to his boyfriend in bed. He told him how much he wanted that date to be just perfect.
"I know you worked hard for it. We can still go out. Naruto, whatever we do together is perfect because we are together" he kissed the blond's forehead. "I don't think she got the dessert. So we can have that. I'm really excited to try it"

"Ha.." Naruto sniffled, he hesitantly walked with Sasuke. He didn't know why everyone wanted to break them up so much. Sasuke waited in the living room and Naruto fetched the desserts.

"Oh..it looks amazing" he was trying to elevate Naruto's spirit but he was speaking the truth.

"So the pink middle is the ruby chocolate?" Sasuke asked, the fork slid through the the layers with ease and he got himself a little bit of everything. "What's the yellow part?" He asked as It oozed out from the top layer.

"Passionfruit" Naruto answered, he held his breath in anticipation. The bite went into Sasuke's mouth and it was an explosion of flavors. The bitterness of the dark chocolate with the semi sweetness of the ruby chocolate filling along with the richness of the dark Chocolate ganache and sourness of passionfruit delight left him desiring more.

Naruto was anxious, he couldn't read the look on his face.
"It's...uhm...I'm out of words...." Sasuke confessed.

"Good speechless or bad speechless?"

"Fucking Amazing speechless" he went for a second bite and before he knew it he was done with his dessert. He was disappointed, there was no more on his dish.

Naruto hadn't even touched his, he pushed it in the middle. "Let's share it" he smiled. Sasuke didn't want to but agreed when Naruto said it made him happy.

He fed Naruto, the blonde was surprised it tasted that good. He just thought the flavors would work together and boy was he right. It really did turn his mood back to normal. To be with his boyfriend was all he wanted.

In her bedroom Sakura yelped in utter bliss when she had hers. Of all the things Naruto had to teach her this was at the top of the list.

They didn't end up going out, Naruto was too exhausted. It had been his longest day since he was out of the hospital. He had fallen asleep on Sasuke's shoulder.

The raven boy didn't dare move. If it weren't for that redhead idiot, they'd have had a better date.

•••

March 30th,

It was graduation day, Naruto graduated. Sasuke had to wait until summer school was over to graduate. He wanted to take his boyfriend on a date to make it up for the one Karin ruined two weeks ago.

He didn't know how to do that. 'I mean even though Karin sabotaged it, he still made me a custom chocolate box, and the best dessert I've had in my life. And even got me one of those cheesy sweatshirts.' he smiled to himself. He loved that sweatshirt.

Sasuke pondered, how was he to one-up his boyfriend. He's been thinking for two weeks and today is the day at last.
His phone rang early that morning. It was Naruto's mom, something must have happened.

"Sasuke-kun, I'm sorry I just called you but...Sakura went into labor last night..."

"Isn't it too early?" He started walking around his room getting his things to leave. Naruto didn't call or text that meant he was with Sakura.

"It is a little bit....but the baby will make it." He released a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Naruto's staying by his side, he's worried. We all are."

"How's Sakura-chan?"

"Physically, exhausted. Mentally, she is blaming herself for what happened"

"And Naruto?"

"He says he's fine...but you know him" she sighed.

She sent him the name of the clinic and he took a taxi there. He went to see Naruto first. He could tell his boyfriend was weighed down, his eyes tired. He sat in the ICU chamber. Sasuke knew Naruto would want to at least hold the baby, something he wasn't able to do. He knocked on the window gently.

Naruto saw him and hesitantly walked out. His eyes fixed on his son from the window.
Sasuke held his hand, he knew he needed to be there for the new father.

They stood there together, in silence. Naruto blamed himself, if he didn't have such a weak heart his son would have been fine. He didn't want his son to suffer like him. He almost wished god would take the baby boy now before it's too late.

"Naruto"

"I don't want to hear it, Sasuke"

"He'll make it" he tried to reassure him.

"Then what Sasuke? He makes it until when? When until his heart gives up ha?"

"Is...something wrong with his heart? Kushina-san said he will be fine. Naruto, whatever it is. We'll work through it."

Naruto knew for a fact there was nothing wrong with his son's heart. A week in ICU and then in the normal nursery for another week or two just as precaution. In the last couple hours, there had been no complications and no signs of anything going wrong.

"I'm tired" Naruto confessed. He couldn't think straight. His body swayed and Sasuke caught him, falling right on his ass as he wasn't expecting it.

"Naruto?" He called for help. He was worried his boyfriend was having another heart attack. His hand after all was on his chest and he was breathing heavy.

"Sasuke, I'm sorry" Naruto cried as they took him away. The raven boy did not know what his blonde boyfriend was apologizing for.

He followed them, they weren't taking him anywhere restricted. He held his hand.
"It's okay Naruto, the baby will be fine. I promise" Sasuke's genuine smile eased his worries a bit. Sasuke wouldn't lie to him.

He had calmed down after a while and fell asleep. His hand holding Sasuke's. His other hand tugged on his orange shirt revealing a scar that Sasuke only sees now for the first time.

Sasuke compared the scar to the one he had on his arm. They looked to be the same age. Naruto had a heart surgery. The light brown discoloration was a smooth line right in the middle of Naruto's chest.

'Naruto, what are you keeping away from me?' He remembered how he said something about the baby's heart. He wondered if he projected his own problem on the baby.

Was he going to live in fear now? He called a nurse told her his boyfriend was in pain. He wanted to find out, the truth. He had so long begged for it.

He hesitantly let go of Naruto's hand and walked to Sakura's room. Kushina and Sakura were together. The Pinkette had seen better days and Kushina was doing her best trying to remain positive about the whole ordeal.

"Sasuke-kun, how's Naruto?"

"He's afraid the baby would be sick like him." He saw their reactions "what's wrong with Naruto? He won't tell me...but I need to know"

Kushina walked closer to him. "Come with me okay?" He walked with her outside. The cold morning breeze was refreshing. The sound of birds coming back to their homes again, it was a peaceful morning.

"Minato was diagnosed when he was 28 years old. He had lived three years after that. He had a sudden cardiac arrest while driving." Kushina cleared her throat. "Naruto, was at a risk...that's why he couldn't take his antidepressants anymore. At least we thought it was just a risk, in reality, Naruto's been suffering in silence for a year and a half. He was diagnosed this July. He had a heart attack and an open heart surgery."

Kushina couldn't cry anymore. She had cried for too long, but her body felt heavy, as if her soul suddenly weighed a thousand pound. She was hopeful still.
Next to her, Sasuke was in a state of shock. His eyes fixed on the mother. His breathing slowly becoming shallow as the realization started washing over him.

"Naruto had two cardiac arrests and three heart attacks total. they all happened back to back. It didn't leave his heart a chance to recover. He needs a new heart, Sasuke-kun. They don't know how long his will hold up. You noticed too... He doesn't do much and when he tries too hard he's just too tired and in pain"

"Why didn't he tell me? I asked before...I did"

"He was going to tell you...more than once from what he told me, he just froze. Then his brain made a crazy lie to tell you instead. Sasuke-kun..." The woman caressed his cheek in a motherly fashion. She pulled him in and he broke down "Naruto is fighting. He's on the list...he'll get through right?"

"He will" Sasuke replied through tears. He wasn't going to accept any other option. If Naruto dies, then there is nothing left for him in the world.

🍥🍙🍥🍙🍥

Naruto stayed by Sora's side. He'd rarely leave it. After two weeks, he could finally take him home. He couldn't believe his ears. Sasuke hugged him tight.

Naruto cried from happiness. Sasuke had been right with him through this hardship as well. A part of him was certain he'd be left alone but the teenager was with him everyday.

"Sora-chan" Naruto smiled "we can finally go home" he held the baby and kissed his tiny hand saying how strong his hold is. "You're going to crush papa's finger"
Sasuke just chuckled getting their stuff out the room. 'Tiny Usuratonkachi is cute.'

After spending two weeks with the baby. Sasuke was obviously warming up to him.
Kushina even teased the Uchiha for being protective of Sora on the way home. It's not that he noticed but just small actions he involuntarily did. He blushed at that comment but Naruto leaned in and kissed his cheek.

At home, they awaited the arrival of the new Uzumaki-Namikaze baby boy. Sakura was the most anxious. She had not met the child yet. After she gave birth he was taken and she didn't dare go visit him in NICU. She signed her rights for him, Kushina even told her she can wait until she gives birth before she decides.

The teen decided too early and now she was regretting it. She wanted her baby, her son. There was a void in her heart that she thought could only be filled by the child.

They walked in, she froze in place. She saw as Shikamaru, Temari and Menma walked and congratulated him. Then it was Sasuke's brothers who did the same. Then Naruto's grandparent and Uncle. She couldn't move.

Naruto's gaze settled on her and he smiled. She heard the name, Sora-chan and her heart raced when she was approached.
"Sakura-chan" Naruto smiled "do you want to hold Sora-chan?" She hesitantly reached to hold the baby.

She looked at the baby, tiny yellow strands of hair and eyes blue as the sky. Features he obviously took from his dad. Naruto was behind her, his arm under hers protecting the baby.

She bit her lip, there was nothing she could have said. Now, even as she holds the baby, she knew that she'd be content with just being around. She didn't regret signing the papers anymore. Naruto would never deny her seeing her son.

Shisui leaned to his brother's ear "so how does it feel to be a father?"

Sasuke's body visibly shivered. That was the most uncomfortable tone Shisui could ever use.
"Don't be a creep, Aniki" Sasuke coughed into his hand fighting his excitement.

Sasuke thought if he and Naruto would end up married. He and Naruto have been unofficially together since October, then turned official on November before he disappeared. Now it's early April, they have been together for seven months. Six if you don't count the month he disappeared.

It hurt him though, that Naruto still didn't tell him he was sick. He wanted to hear the words from him. He pushed the thought away and walked to him.

For once Sasuke just enjoyed living in the moment and stopped thinking about what If and possibilities.

A/N:

A new member of the Namikaze family! Tiny Usuratonkachi is super cute!
Next update will be up tomorrow!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 550 37
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura have been tied at each other's hips since they were toddlers. Varying freak accidents unfortunately end the three up as or...
1M 22.2K 68
Your favorite anbu, hokage, jonin, and sensei. Ever felt like how it would be to date him? Hm? Well this will take place when Naruto and them are st...
481K 10.6K 22
Sasuke Uchiha was a popular ninja in the Academy, but what if he didn't get the girl that he fell in love with? I removed some parts because it...
78.4K 3.8K 35
Sasuke Uchiha has always wallowed in his pessimism and never knew what home truly meant. After his two plus years of atonement away from Konoha, he r...