Always Mine (An Avengers/Loki...

By Fireleaves

UNDER CONSTRUCTION Casey Armstrong is a telekinetic SHIELD agent with a feisty spirit and is not afraid to di... More

NOTE:
Cast
1. Borderline Crossing
2: Cold Grasp
3. All Hands On Deck
4. A Completed Promise
5: Operation: Stuttgart
6: What Follows
7: Distracted Mind
8. Upgraded
9. You're Always Mine
10. Taken Once Again
11. Covert Minds
13. The Clash
14. As A Team
15. Recovery
16. Disturbia
17. Mistrust and Lies
18. Ignorance

12. They Will Come

650 12 5
By Fireleaves

Casey's P.O.V

Opening my eyes, I found myself staring up at a gray ceiling. For some reason, I couldn't remember falling asleep. I ran both hands on my sides, reaching for the holsters, but realized that I was unarmed. Same for the archery set and bracelets once realizing they were gone.

Then I recalled the attack on the Helicarrier, watching Phil get run through with the scepter and Craig getting knifed in the abdomen. I had a horrible feeling about everything and hoped everyone else made it through.

Seeing my new surroundings, I sat straight up and saw that I was in a bedroom. The curtains were shut which made it hard to see where I was. Determined to find out where in the world I was, I got on my feet and was about to look through the curtains when I felt a familiar pair of arctic cold hands fondling me, which made me jerk and pull myself forward.

"What the frak?!" I gaped turning to find Loki smiling at me, "Where are we?! Why did you take me?!"

"As I have told you earlier," Loki replied, "You're mine."

I took two steps back. He was way over his head claiming me like some kind of possession. I've dealt with Craig and his rants that he and I were still in a relationship even though I called it off.

"There is nothing to fear Casey," Loki continued, "I love you."

My mouth dropped halfway open, "How? You wounded my guardian and countless people and you say that? The others will be....,"

I was cut off when Loki pressed a finger to his lips and shushed me. I tried using my telekinesis when he stepped closer to me, but nothing happened.

"What?" I gaped seeing that it didn't work.

"Your power is no match for mine," he stated reading my confused expression.

I was about to back up when Loki pulled me towards him like before. I couldn't move a single muscle as he pressed his lips to mine. Just like the events on the mountain, the sparks were there.

"You were made for me," Loki pulled away a bit and tucked some of my loose hair in the back of my ear, and resumed kissing me.

A series of cold shivers streamed up and down my body. Plus, I realized that I never had any feelings for Craig. Back then, I was just a teenager having lost my parents and striving to navigate my way through life but needed an extra boost. Craig was around to help me through it all. After the New Mexico occurrence, I realized that there was no common connection between us. Craig still thought we had something besides the fact that my dad trusted him with me. Loki did have a point about my ex. He couldn't seem to let me go once I avoided any form of contact.

"Come, my love," Loki smiled as he gently pulled me close to him, "When Midgard is mine to rule, you shall be made a queen."

He took my hand and led me out of the room and down a hallway. I realized that we were right in Manhattan, in New York, and inside Stark Tower, Tony's building as I took note that we were at the highest level. Something told me that it had some high point place to open the portal.

I was led outside on a walkway, which was close to a landing pad, and back inside. Loki had pointed out the machine which held the Tesseract on the roof of the building. It appeared to be self-sustaining. Selvig was standing next to the machine and appeared to be tracing some data on a laptop.

I started imagining the worst that could happen when the Chitauri were let loose in New York. They'd wreak havoc on the entire city, not to mention the freaking world! The worst would be if Loki won, he'd have all my friends killed right in front of me! There was no way that I was letting that happen. I had the guts to run up to the roof and turn off the machine, but not with Loki watching my every move.

By then, I noticed Tony, in his Iron Man suit flying towards the roof getting Selvig's attention. Relief swam through me, and I was pretty glad to see him again, despite him being still a jerk. It also told me that the others were on their way. 

Tony shot his repulsor beams at the machine attempting to blow it up, but the force field around it absorbed the blast and shot it right back at him.

As Tony used his stabilizers to balance himself after getting flung by the impact, he noticed Loki, and me. I looked up with an expression, trying to warn Tony to not do anything stupid since it would mean his life and mine as well.

Loki then took my hand and led me once again back into the tower. I gulped silently, getting a sickening feeling that the trickster had something up his sleeve, or should I say armor.

Tony landed on the landing pad which activated the machinery that took off the suit as he walked inside.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki smirked.

"Uh actually I'm planning to threaten you," Tony replied walking down the stone steps and headed for a small countertop that was a bar setup.

I kept quiet and sat down on a sofa and watched the two men waiting for the right moment to make a quick getaway.

Loki chuckled, "You should have left your armor on for that."

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage, and you've got the Glow Stick of Destiny," Tony shrugged, "Would you like a drink? How 'bout you Case?" He glanced at me for a second.

I nodded and got up and walked over to the bar.

Loki stared at Tony with a confused look and then a serious one, "Stalling me won't change anything."

"No, no, no threatening," Tony pointed a finger at him and shook it and then got a bottle of scotch and a glass. He pulled out a can of Coke and handed it to me. I was thankful that I told Tony while undercover that I didn't drink. "No drink? Are you sure? I'm having one. So is she," Tony added as I opened the soda can and sipped it.

Loki then looked out the window, peering at the view of the city. I noticed he had an insane look in his eyes as he had with me.

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that," Loki turned to Tony, "What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers," Tony replied quickly as he poured his drink. The trickster gave him a confused expression and stepped a bit closer. Tony rolled his eyes, "It's what we call ourselves; we're sort of like a team, 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing."

"Yes, I've met them," Loki sounded like he was unimpressed.

Tony sarcastically smiled and nodded, "Yeah, it takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here. Your brother the demigod, a super-soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend."

I watched him slip a couple of bracelets on both his wrists, which I guessed were remote sensors for one of his suits.

"A man with breathtaking anger management issues, a couple of master assassins, including a literal mind-moving linguist right here and her friends, a feisty pyrokinetic, a hyperactive telepath, a mathematic kid who can't read parodies, an expert computer hacker with a mean gaming skill, and you big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them, " Tony concluded.

Loki grinned, "That was the plan."

I frowned at his remark and gave Tony a look about his mentioning my friends, though he was right about them.

"Not a great plan," Tony walked out from behind the bar, "When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."

Alright! You tell 'im Stark! I thought but didn't say it out loud and drank up the rest of my soda.

"I have an army," Loki stated with hints of pride.

"We have a Hulk," Tony responded.

The trickster sneered, "I thought the beast had wandered off?"

I wondered what became of Bruce and hoped he was okay after the assault.

"You're missing the point," Tony took a couple of steps forward and his tone got sharper, "There's no throne. There is no version where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the earth, you can be sure we'll avenge it."

He took another drink. Loki slowly walked towards Tony like some predator getting closer to the prey, "How will your friends have the time for me, when they are busy fighting you?"

My eyes widened in fear as he raised the scepter towards Tony's chest knowing what would happen after witnessing it all. The blade tip touched the arc reactor on his chest, but nothing happened. I noticed that the blue light on the scepter went out like a lightbulb the minute it touched the arc reactor. Loki tried that again but with no success. He had both a defeated and confused expression, "This usually works..."

Tony smirked, "Well, you know, performance issues. It's not uncommon, one out of five...."

He was cut off when Loki grabbed him and flung him to the floor.

"JARVIS, anytime now," Tony grunted.

Before I could leave to find my weapons, Loki gripped him by the throat again lifting him to his feet, "You will all fall before me!" he snarled.

"Deploy! Deploy!" Tony called out to JARVIS as the trickster lifted him into the air by the neck and threw him out the window.

Knowing that the A. I would assist him, I retraced my steps and found my archery set and bracelets hidden in the room I woke up in and raced outside just as Tony flew back up already in the suit. Yep! Nobody throws a guy off his own roof and gets away with it!

"There's one other person you pissed off," he stated to Loki who was standing by the already broken window with a surprised expression, "His name was Phil." Tony then fired a repulsor blast at the trickster, which sent him to the ground.

"That gotta hurt," I muttered as I quickly got out to the balcony and aimed an arrow at the machine, hoping to shut it off before the Tesseract could power up.

The minute I fired the arrow, a beam of blue energy had opened up a portal in the sky which revealed a black hole, revealing the edge of the galaxy. However, instead of shutting off the machine, the arrow fried up into nothing.

"Dang it!" I frowned.

The alien army, the Chitauri, had already entered, flying on what appeared to be hovercraft-type vehicles. The aliens looked like a Yautja and a zombie hooked up and had kids! 

Tony rocketed toward the portal and started blasting the invading army with repulsors and ammo at them. Hundreds of  Chitauri flew towards the city, blowing things up. People started screaming, running, and taking shelter. Cars getting blown up and sirens blaring through the streets, like in the warzones.

I fired my revolvers at any passing ugly alien-like I was playing a shooter game with Vince on the Xbox. Where the heck were the others?!

Loki walked out of the tower which made me stop firing. I saw that his armor with the same green cape and gold-horned helmet appeared in a golden shimmer and watched from the landing pad as the chaos in New York started. Like before, he was way over his head. 

All of a sudden, Thor landed on the balcony. I took that as my cue to stand back and get to the other end. Besides, he had more battle experience with his brother than me.

"Loki!" Thor boomed in fury, "Turn off the Tesseract or I'll destroy it!"

"You can't! There is no stopping it!" Loki yelled as he pointed his scepter at Thor, "There is only.... the war!"

"So be it."

The trickster let out a battle cry as he lunged at Thor, who banged Mjolnir against Loki's scepter and shot right back. Loki swung it in a large circle attempting to hit Thor, who ducked before it could hit him on the head. I hit the ground when Loki fired a beam at Thor who absorbed it into Mjolnir and watched as the trickster jabbed his scepter once again at his brother, who whacked it out of the way again. It let out a loud deafening laser-like sound as the combat took off pieces of the tower.

I sidestepped quickly to one section of the balcony, where it seemed like a safe place to avoid getting hit. And I didn't see any point in getting tangled in the two brothers' conflict.

Since Tony was too preoccupied to help me out, I was on my own until my friends showed up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.9K 82
Takes place during Avengers Lexi Barton is Clint's little sister. Lexi has secrets her own brother doesn't know, and is determined to not let anyone...
155K 5.5K 42
"I'm not a Queen. I'm not a Goddess. I'm not a Mortal nor am I an Immortal. I'm not a slave either. I..... Am...
16.5K 552 13
You are an Agent of SHIELD who was given a special mission. You were in charge of watching the God of Mischief himself. But, things get tricky when e...
33 0 4
Odin found Laufey's child in the ruins of the temple, but it was not a boy he took that day, but a girl. He had in mind to marry her to Thor, but his...