A Shelby Mistress

By PeakyGirl

It's 1921, Tommy is left heartbroken over Grace's betrayal and having decided not to follow her to New York h... More

Aurora Hayes
The Shelby's
The Meeting
Nightmares
Prying Stranger
White Tulips
Lee Fire
Blade
Horses
Small Heath
Aunt Polly
Drunk
Whiskey Courage
Daisies
Curly
Sisters
Fair
Ada
Coin Toss
Masilda
Torn Apart
Selfish
Domestic Bliss
Loss
Promise
Old Friend
Dancing
Bill
Lizzie
Finn
Watery Lane
Storm
Death
Love
Burial
Moving Up
Birthday
Three Words
Business
Teaching
Opening Night
Freddie
Murder
Gone
Past Meeting
Birthdays and Witches
Goodbye
Garrison
Family Meeting
London
Sabini
Camden Town
White Mare
Roses
Boat Trip
Faith
Confrontation
Letter
Michael
Epsom
May Carleton
Past Love
Over
Scared
Derby Day
Broken Soul
News
Resting Place
Christmas One Shot
Lewis
Sisterly Love
Meeting
Colt
Birthday Kiss
Field Of Snow
Arrow House
Helen McCrory
Afternoon Tea
Cruel
Linda
Charles Shelby
The Wedding
Wedding Party
Foundation Dinner
Cursed
First Kiss
Stolen
Duchess
Stranger
Free
Father Hughes
Night Terrors
Alfie Solomons
Soft Moans
Sickness
Heaven
Restrained
Choose
Billy Shelby
Reunited
Eggs
Attack
When Snow Falls
Mrs Shelby
Celebrations
Executions
The King
Important
Blood
Blessing
A Baby
Unexpected Visitor
Teddy
Hospital
Old Friend
Primrose

His Mouse

22.9K 527 111
By PeakyGirl

"What do you see?! Tell me!" Tommy barked feeling his head throb in agony as her wails got louder.
He needed her to stop, he couldn't think straight!
All Tommy needed were answers but she seem intent on screaming down his ears causing them to ring. Half of him held onto her to try and bring her back to her senses, the other half held on for stability.
"Tell me what you fuckin' see!" He roared in anger this time and freeing one of her arms he took her chin in a tight grip, forcing their eyes to meet.
He'd had enough of her games!

"She's trapped, I see her in the dark! She's crying, shielding the baby mouse, there's blood, a lot of blood but she doesn't care, have to protect baby mouse! No! No! I can hear him, he's getting closer and closer, he's coming for her! MUST PROTECT BABY MOUSE! MUST PROTECT BABY MOUSE! she places a tearful kiss on his head as she begins to sing, her poor baby mouse! HE'S HERE! YOU SHOULD OF BEEN WATCHING THEM! WHY WEREN'T YOU WATCHING THEM?!"

Wrenching away from the woman, Tommy sat back on the grass, his eyes wider than a spooked horse.  He could feel his head practically running around in circles as he processed her words, thankfully the woman had finally fell into silence, her eyes going from black to ocean blue. The air around them was still and thick with grief causing bile to rise up in Tommy's throat.

"W...who kills her? Who is he?" Tommy swallowed, his face thunderous and mean but unintimidated the woman just smiled softly at him.
"I cannot tell you Thomas Shelby, the visions come and go as they please"
"How do I stop it from happening?"
"When the time comes you must make a decision and only then may she be saved"
Shaking his head in anger, annoyed by her clarity Tommy got to his feet and reached into his suit pocket. Lighting a cigarette as quickly as he could, he blew smoke into the air and let out a cold chuckle.

"I pay you now don't I? This is why you fuckers do it isn't it, money?"
Letting out a cough Tommy reached into his pocket again and pulling out three one pound notes he tossed them at her feet before turning away and walking off, feeling foolish for the first time in his life. He couldn't believe he had actually believed her little act.

"Denying the truth won't stop it from happening Thomas Shelby!"
She was screeching behind him but Tommy refused to be affected and carried on walking, passing the Lee's and his brothers, snatching a bottle from Arthur's hand without a word.
He needed to be alone.

"So why is it just us? Where's the rest of our family?" Aurora questioned as her Dad parked the car in the field leading to the Lee fire.
"Your brothers are away on business for your Dad and you know Jane avoids the Lee's" Anne replied turning to look at her daughter with a smile.
"Only because she's fucked 'em all"
"Aurora!"
"I'm going to find Masilda, I'll see you later"
Before her parents could say anything, Aurora had opened the car door and jumped out, hurrying off in the direction of the largest fire.

"Aurora! You made it!"
Masilda had spotted her friend first and seeing her chance to escape the large amount of testosterone around her she broke into a sprint.
"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" Aurora laughed pulling Masilda into a hug and rocking their bodies from side to side.
"Your man is here"
Masilda's tone was naughty and full of humour making Aurora pull away and frown at her in complete confusion.
"I don't have a man........."
"So why is Tommy Shelby sat over there alone? Think he's waiting for you" The blonde winked nodding her head in another direction, a huge smirk on her face.
Following her gaze, Aurora felt her stomach fall out her arse, Masilda was telling the truth!
He was here!
Aurora wondered why he was sat alone by his own fire. She tried to act disinterested but it was no use, she was itching to go over and be engulfed by his presence.

"I haven't thanked him yet.......for the flowers" Aurora whispered refusing to look her friend in the eyes.
Was she blushing?
Oh gods she was blushing!
"Then go thank your man!"
"Stop! He's not my man you know that!"
"Yeah and all us Lee's were born with wings!"
"Mas......."
"Look Rora! Go over and thank him for the fuckin' flowers! I'll be waiting for the details later!" Masilda urged Aurora as she took her shoulders and spun her round in Tommy's direction.
With strength Aurora didn't know she had, Masilda pushed her forwards causing her hands to shoot out as she lost balance.

Knowing she would only get pushed again, Aurora continued walking feeling nerves take over her whole body. Looking over her shoulder she saw Masilda giving her a reassuring smile but that didn't stop her from bringing her thumb up to her mouth and biting down on the nail. It was a habit she had formed when feeling a large amount of stress. Aurora didn't want to be a coward yet she also didn't want to see Tommy.
Who was she kidding?!
Of course she wanted to see him!
Plus it would be rude of her not to offer her thanks for his sorry token, Aurora found herself not wanting him to think badly of her.

Tommy heard her before he seen her.
"Is the big fire so bad you had to make your own?"
Looking up Tommy caught sight of the mouse, her face lit up by the fire, her eyes looking more golden with each flicker of the flames. Her wild curls had been plaited down her back making Tommy want to reach out and pull them free before running his fingers through each individual curl. She was breathtaking! A porcelain doll he could break into pieces if he wasn't careful.

Lifting the bottle of scotch to his lips Tommy took a drink before smirking at her. Focusing his eyes on her winter coat Tommy gave it a nod.
"Wearing clothes under that now or am I getting another show?"
Feeling dejected Aurora glared at him in disgust as he took another drink. Clenching her fists at her sides she shook her head, willing her stupid tears to stay put.
"You're an arsehole!"
Turning around Aurora attempted to storm off. She wasn't going to thank him now, fuck him and fuck his stupid bloody tulips! He could take them back and shove them up his arse for all she cared!

"Wait Aurora!"
And she did
Aurora froze at his demand and waited for him to speak again. She should continue her shift exit but found herself not being able to.
"You take things to heart so easily, come sit!" Tommy ordered patting the log he had perched himself on, he already new he was going to have a difficult time with this woman.
"Just wanted to thank you for the flowers" Aurora whimpered before inwardly cursing herself for sounding so pathetic.
"Come thank me mouse"

Turning around Aurora slowly approached him and sat down, keeping a fair bit of distance between them. Tommy noted how stiff her body was and letting out a sigh he presented her with a cigarette, smoking always helped to ease people but to his surprise the mouse shook her head politely.
"Sorry, I don't smoke"
"First person that doesn't" Tommy remarked lighting the cigarette for himself and staring down at her in wonder.
"Haven't you heard Mr Shelby, I'm different"
"Oh 'm very aware of that and it's Tommy, me name's Tommy"
"Yes Tommy"
It brought a smile to Aurora's face, she couldn't help the belly tingles she felt from saying his name. She was too sweet for him, yet Tommy found himself craving her sweetness. He wanted to hear his name on her lips over and over.

"How old are you mouse?" Tommy spoke up after a few moments of peaceful silence.
He realised he barely knew this mouse who was sneaking her way into his mind, distracting him from everything and everyone, especially her, the one person he was trying to forget.
"Nineteen, twenty in August" Aurora chirped with a look of pride.
She was close to Ada's age, four years to be exact but Aurora seemed to hold a maturity that Ada had yet to reach despite being married with a baby pondered Tommy.
"A summer baby"
"Yes though I prefer the dark nights of winter, reading by the fire covered in a blanket with some hot tea. What could be better Tommy?"
"I could think of many things"
Breaking free from her fantasy daze Aurora scoffed and playfully elbowed his side, shifting in her spot until their knees gently touched. Realising what she had done Aurora brought her hand up to her mouth in horror, mumbling apologies.
"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!"
"Have a drink mouse"
Shaking his head in amusement, Tommy handed Aurora the bottle of scotch watching as she took a few long gulps before handing it back to him.
"Thank you"

Biting her lip Aurora could feel the words on the tip of her tongue, she wanted to ask him something but didn't want to ruin whatever they had in this moment. Aurora was desperate for help though and she needed someone who understood what was happening, someone who had noticed it happening to her.
"Tommy?" She whispered, building up all the courage she could muster and letting out a shaky breath.
Humming in response, Tommy met her eyes and saw the fear embedded in them, something was troubling her.

"When you came home from France.....did you have nightmares?"
"Careful your nosey side is showing mouse" Tommy smirked before continuing, hating the way her face dropped "yes, me along with every single other man"
"How do you stop them?"
There it was!
The desperation in her voice, she wasn't really asking questions, no she needed him to cure her but there was no cure.
"You don't" Was all Tommy replied turning away from her and staring into the fire, his jaw clenched and face harsh with truth.
"Oh"
Fuck!
That wasn't what Aurora wanted to here!
She couldn't live these nightmares over and over!

"Work"
"What?" Aurora questioned at the word that had just slipped from Tommy's lips which was now lingering in the air like a mass cloud of uncertainty.
Turning to face Aurora once again, Tommy gently took her chin, brushing his thumb over her lower lip as he looked deeply into her golden eyes.
"That's how you get rid of 'em! You work and work and work 'till there's nothin' on your mind except fuckin' work!"
"You're a peculiar one Tommy"
Aurora felt breathless, they're faces were close, she could smell the smoke and whiskey, she could feel the heat coming from his words. His fingers left searing marks upon her chin and she welcomed it with open arms.
"Haven't you heard Miss Hayes, I'm different"

Throwing her head back, Aurora let out a laugh and linked her arm through his, bringing her head to rest his shoulder. Delighting in the fact he didn't flinch, Aurora leaned further into him, basking in his warmth as the cold winter air tried to freeze them.
"Oh Tommy, I think I like you after all"
Letting out a yawn, Aurora closed her eyes and focused on the sound of his breathing.
"Don't speak too soon"
Looking down Tommy noticed his mouse had slipped into a slumber, her face perfectly still and beautiful. Her light snores brought a secret smile onto his face, maybe he was quite fond of her after all too.

"Tom! You said twelve! It's past twelve, bloody only one at the car!"
A young boys voice stirred Aurora from her sleep and feeling Tommy shift besides her she gently gripped his arm for balance as she gently rose up.
"Orright Finn I'm coming!" Tommy grumbled reluctantly pulling himself from Aurora's side and looking down at her apologetically.
Aurora on the other hand felt embarrassed.
How long had she been asleep on him? Why didn't he wake her sooner?

"I am so sorry Tommy! You should have woke me!" Aurora exclaimed getting to her feet only for Tommy to wave her off.
"Ignore my brother mouse he has a tendency for interrupting"
"Shit sorry Tom! Were you going to fuck her?"
"Finn! Car! Now!" Tommy roared glaring at his brother furiously as he flung his hand out in the direction of the car.
Waiting until Finn was out of sight Tommy turned back to Aurora, hiding his smile as he noticed how flushed she had become.
He wondered if it went all the way down....................

"I suppose you better be going" Aurora smiled shyly folding her arms to form a protective barrier around the tingles inside her.
"Goodnight mouse" Tommy coughed, licking his lips and placing a cigarette between them.
"Goodnight Tommy, drive safely"
Giving him a small wave Aurora watched him stalk off into the night, resisting the urge to call him back to her side. Once his silhouette had disappeared she sat back down in the spot he had occupied, giggling as she saw a smile figure running towards her.
Masilda was coming.

A/n
I hope you guys are enjoying this book as well as this fire interaction. I'm loving writing this story but it still makes me nervous 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 5.9K 49
Read this book if you want to f-k Tommy Shelby. You're Billy Kimber's daughter. You've been accused of stealing the Peaky Blinders' shipment of gun...
39.7K 1K 16
angel of small heath? supposedly. devil in disguise? maybe. his lifeline, his everything & soul? definitely. [slow updates] the peaky blinders. thoma...
1.1M 29.1K 93
"Realising how fucking beautiful you are suddenly sobered me up" Anna Smith, the girl who was brought up in a tiny village, sheltered naively from al...
136K 10.2K 68
"I do bad things. But you already know that." ~ Thomas Shelby A tragic misunderstanding. A murder. A secret. An unlikely partnership. When the disapp...