Misconceptions (Zayn Malik)

By BelWatson

{book 2} ✓ - ❝ I'm tired of pity, of everyone looking at me like "poor Zayn, infatuated with his best mates's... More

Before reading...
Chapter 1 ~ Zayn
Chapter 2 ~ Mila
Chapter 3 ~ Zayn
Chapter 4 ~ Mila
Chapter 5 ~ Zayn
Chapter 6 ~ Mila
Chapter 7 ~ Zayn
Chapter 8 ~ Mila
Chapter 9 ~ Zayn
Chapter 10 ~ Mila
Chapter 11 ~ Zayn
Chapter 12 ~ Mila
Chapter 13 ~ Zayn
Chapter 14 ~ Mila
Chapter 15 ~ Zayn
Chapter 16 ~ Mila
Chapter 17 ~ Zayn
Chapter 18 ~ Mila
Chapter 19 ~ Zayn
Chapter 20 ~ Mila
Chapter 21 ~ Zayn
Chapter 22 ~ Mila
Chapter 23 ~ Zayn
Chapter 24 ~ Mila
Chapter 25 ~ Zayn
Chapter 26 ~ Mila
Chapter 27 ~ Zayn
Chapter 28 ~ Mila
Chapter 29 ~ Zayn
Chapter 30 ~ Mila
Chapter 31 ~ Zayn
Chapter 33 ~ Zayn
Chapter 34 ~ Mila
Chapter 35 ~ Zayn
Chapter 36 ~ Mila
Chapter 37 ~ Zayn
Chapter 38 ~ Mila
Chapter 39 ~ Zayn
Chapter 40 ~ Mila
Epilogue ~ Mila
Author's note

Chapter 32 ~ Mila

198K 3.7K 1K
By BelWatson

Chapter 32 ― Mila

Zayn had done the most romantic thing for me and everything was so perfect. Every minute with him was priceless and once we left our differences aside, we could get along without problem. And he was so cute when he was embarrassed or anxious. I adored how his eyes couldn’t focus on one thing for a whole second when he was nervous or how his cheeks turned into this bright rosy colour. I enjoyed every second I spent with him and for that reason when he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, I didn’t think much of the answer.

“I’d love to,” I said honestly standing on my tiptoes and kissing his lips softly.

He kissed me back hugging me tighter and I could feel him smiling in the kiss. I just let myself go in to the moment, enjoying every second. In another situation I might have said no, it was too soon and I wasn’t sure if I was ready for a relationship. I would have been perfectly fine with an open relationship, but for some reason I liked when Zayn asked me to be his girlfriend. There was this whole possessive thing in that question and I liked it very much. The thing that he wanted me to be his girlfriend made me feel all tingly inside.

He deepened the kiss and I held on to him for dear life, like he was all what kept me afloat. The way his lips moved in sync with mine was just beyond words. In order to understand how it felt, you had to live it. There was no other way to describe how it felt to be held by him, to be so closely pressed to his body, to have his arms wrapped around your body, to have his essence embracing you… there was no way to explain how it felt to have him.

He left my lips to kiss my jawline; the fingers of his right hand were tangled in my hair and they kept my head in that position as his lips slowly moved to my ear where he whispered: “You drive me crazy. Since the day I met you.”

“How so?” I replied in a low voice. “I thought that all what was in your mind was Alex,” I added not scared of mentioning her because I knew he had moved on.

“Yes, and even then I couldn’t stop thinking of you,” replied Zayn, his left hand on the small of my back keeping me ever so close to him. He was still whispering into my ear and I was melting in his arms. My heart was beating so fast it was a surprise I was still alive. “You intrigued me.”

“That was because I hit your ego,” I tried to explain.

“I thought so at the beginning, but now I know it wasn’t just that. It was more than that.” The way his breath tickled in my ear sent shivers down my whole body, but not only his voice, his accent and his breath were making a mess upon me, his words were killing me too.

We still were moving ever so slowly at the rhythm of the music, but I was barely conscious of that. All I could feel was Zayn.

“I tried to deny it so many times. That I didn’t feel anything for you that it was just because you didn’t like me. I blamed it on my ego, but it was never that,” he carried on, determined to just kill me. “But it couldn’t be just that when I got so jealous when you talked to Harry but not me. Or when I got so disappointed because you couldn’t hang out with us.”

He pulled away a few inches just to look me in the eyes, his hands didn’t move, one in my hair, the other on the small of my back, keeping me trapped against his body. “The first time I saw you, even before I knew who you were, you took my breath away. Literally. I couldn’t take my eyes off of you.”

Why was he telling me all those things? Did he want to give me a heart attack? But his eyes shone so sincere, with such a strong intensity I could barely breathe in that moment. There was so much emotion in his beautiful eyes and I didn’t know what to say, how to reply to that.

“I know I’m being cheesy but I have to tell you this. I know you’re not into this as much as I am, but—”

“Wait, what?” I cut him off and for a second, he looked confused.

“Yeah, I mean… when I told you that I liked you the other day, you didn’t say anything,” he clarified and I just blinked a couple of times.

“That’s because I thought it wasn’t necessary to say it out loud, Zayn. Plus, I think is kinda awkward to say it back,” I said with a little giggle and he chuckled softly. “I do like you, Zayn. Very much. And not only that, I trust you. And my trust is not something I give away easily. I’m surprised I started trusting so fast in you to tell you about my family. When I realised about that, I knew you were different from the rest to me.”

His eyes shot wide open when he finally understood how I felt for him and instead of saying something, he pulled me into another kiss. But this was different from any other kiss we had shared. This was ferocious, this was possessive, this was filled with such a passion that it made every cell of my body feel alive.

I stopped thinking and just gave in the kiss.

When he pulled away his lips lingered over mine a few seconds before his eyes met mine. And the icing of the cake was the smile he gave me, the most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

“You’re gonna be the end of me,” he whispered, his eyes still shining with oh so many emotions.

“And you’ll be mine, so we’re even,” I replied and he laughed and as my small hands were on his chest, I felt the vibration of his laughter.

Nothing could feel more perfect than that moment.

+ + + + +

I drove the Bentley.

And now I could understand even better what was Longinus talking about when he referred to sublimity. Driving that car was a sublime experience, something beyond this world.

And that wasn’t the last time I drove it.

Every time we hung out, he let me drive his car. And despite I started Uni again and he was busy promoting the new single, we found ways to see each other. Not as much as we would like, but we did. And we got to keep it secret and for that we had to thank Harry. He always went out when Zayn and I had a date so the paparazzi would follow him instead of us and we could have some privacy. I knew though that there was going to be a day when the media was going to find out about us. It was inevitable.

In the meantime, I was going to enjoy every single moment we could have together without anyone else trying to stick their noses in our business.

Everyone seemed happy with the development of the events. When I told Moni I was, officially, Zayn’s girlfriend, she literally started dancing around the room. It took me ten minutes to calm her down. Alex, Belle and Phebs were happy for us, as well. And so were the boys, though they teased us a lot. Mostly Harry, who liked to send me pictures of Rob Pattinson when I was in a date with Zayn with the only purpose to distract me and to bug Zayn. I couldn’t help go all fangirl over a picture of my baby, as I liked to call him, and Harry knew that, it was the reason he sent me pictures of Rob, just to make Zayn jealous.

I already knew that if someday there was a possibility of Zayn helping me to meet Rob, thanks to Harry now that possibility was doomed, it was a hopeless dream.

That day I was driving Zayn’s car because we, after a long time wanting to know Phebs’ boyfriend, were finally going to meet the bloke. There was a BBQ at the girls’ house and finally, since we came back from Harry’s bungalow, three weeks ago, we all were able to hang out.

Moni was in the back seat watching some videos on her mobile and Zayn was next to me, his hand holding mine softly as we were listening to the radio. My friend laughed a lot and I wondered what she was watching.

“Something funny?” I asked out loud looking at her through the rear view mirror and she was still laughing.

“Man, I found this youtuber and she’s hilarious. I officially love her. New addiction,” she told me between fits of laughter. “You have to watch her, her name is Savannah.”

“I like that name,” I told her.

“I know. And you gonna love her! She’s fucking hilarious. Zayn you have to see her too, okay?” My friend added leaning in to be closer to us. Zayn looked at her over his shoulder and smiled at my friend.

“Sure. When we get to the girls’ you have to show me a video,” he told Moni and she smiled brightly.

“You’re gonna pee yourself, Malik!” Moni warned and the black-haired boy just laughed. “Oh, and she has this friend who sings like a real angel! I fell in love with her voice, I swear. And she is ginger!” After that my friend went back to watch more videos on YouTube. Silly Moni and her obsession with gingers.

Soon we were at the girls’ house and there were already a few cars outside, which meant everyone was in already. So we got off the car and went into the house to meet with the others. Everyone was there: all the boys, Danielle, Eleanor, Alex, Phebs, Belle, Dan and a cute brunet with grey eyes who was very close with the blonde girl, which had to mean he was Lucas.

Everyone greeted us and as I expected, the brunet was Phoebe’s boyfriend.

“Mila, Zayn, Moni, this is Lucas. My boyfriend,” Phebs introduced us and the boy shook hands with us all.

He was nice and quite handsome. He looked adorable next to Phebs and it was obvious how much he cared about her for the way he looked at her. I paid attention to Liam, just to know how things were going on and he seemed totally fine. When he looked at Phebs and Lucas he smiled honestly and I knew he was happy for her.

Things were great, I could say I was totally happy with my life in that moment.

Whilst I was watching all my friends having fun I had one of this moment when everything stops and you just stare at how great everything is and you just want to freeze time and to live in that moment forever.

I was so focused on the moment that I almost didn’t realise when my mobile buzzed in my pocket telling me I had a new text was from a classmate with whom I had to do a project once.

I saw u on the telly! Way to go, Mila!

Me? On the telly? What was she talking about?

Confused, I walked to the sofa where Niall and Alex were watching a game. That girl had grown very fond of sports since she was with Niall. “Mind if I switch for a sec?” I asked them and Niall didn’t seem pleased with the idea, but it was Alex who replied.

“Sure. You okay?” She asked and I just nodded. I needed to understand what my classmate meant with that text.

It didn’t take me too long to find what the text was about as I found a gossip show that was talking about Zayn Malik’s new girlfriend. And they were showing a picture of he and I kissing.

 Oh well… fuck.

-:-:-:-

Dedication goes to @funnybunny96 because you should totally read her story. 

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 9.8K 31
Things in Zayn's life haven't ever gone exactly as he planned and as a result, he's forced to move back home and face the facts: It just wasn't meant...
104K 7K 28
(COMPLETED✔) **** Sometimes, you fall for the right guy, for all the right reasons, for all that is worth it, but harder when distance has to be main...
34.9K 1.4K 56
IN EDITING. THERE WILL BE SOME CHANGES THROUGHOUT THE STORY AND NEW THINGS WILL BE ADDED SO BEWARE! *CHAPTERS 1-27 EDITED ✔* >>>> I never thought I...
Same Love By Mo

Fanfiction

6.9K 327 39
Sometimes loving someone isn't easy to say. Sadly in a dark world it's even harder to love someone if you are the same gender as them, but that doesn...