Royalty•Disney Oneshots

By AmaraAodhfin

"Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age and Dreams, are for ever" -Walt Disney A series of Oneshots inc... More

Introduction
Beautiful Beast (Beast x Reader)
Surprises (Genderbent Cinderella x Reader)
Wonder (Humanized Cheshire Cat x Reader)
Beautiful Beast Pt. 2 (Reader x Beast)
Break Tradition (Simba x Lion Reader)
Underwater (Genderbent Ariel x Reader)
Tick Tock Croc (Hook x Crocodile Human Hybrid)
Fire Flower (Shang X peasant Reader)
Sun and Moon (Sarabi X Daughter Reader)
Little, handsome Monster (Half Human Sully X Half Monster Reader)
To Hell and Back (Hades X Athena's Demi-God daughter Reader)
My Favourite Thief (Flynn Rider X Reader)
Three Wishes (Genie X Genie Reader)
Want some Icecream? (Soulmate Reader X Naveen)
Promises and Wishes(Reader X Peter Pan)
Cat and Mouse (Cheshire x Reader part 2)
For us (Male Esmerelda X Reader)
Freedom (Nala X Daughter Reader)
Peace is a Goddess (Maui x OC Reader)
Shoot my Shot (Male Reader X Merida)
Controlled (Jafar X Reader)

Missing a Bear (Reader X Kenai)

12.7K 242 68
By AmaraAodhfin

Thanks to @spidermanismybae for requesting this oneshot, my apologies it's so late out! Hope you enjoy it none the less

So, so slowly I crept along the brush of the forest. That stupid village was shutting down for the night, it's fires being quenched and children being ushered to bed. Women finishing chores for the evening and men bringing home today's bounty.

I sighed, sitting down against a rock beside a Yew Tree. How depressing this life was, and yet all I knew was how to hunt and sew furs. What real use was I? If the shaman heard me speaking like this, I'm certain she'd give me a good talking too. A chuckle escaped me, I rested my head in my hands, sitting in the dark as the night rolled in.

The forest was quiet, usually so full of chatter, the animals kingdom was going to sleep. I sighed, it was so peaceful in there. Simple, and easy. None of these politics that everyone got caught up in. Just... simple. Survive, enjoy life and truly understand who you were. You played a purpose in the life of the forest.

"Y/N!?" I head my father calling in the distance, the bone necklace around his neck clicking as he walked around the village in search of me. My father, the chief, was very protective. Over protective many would say, but alas I didn't have much of a choice as I stood to go follow his voice. I used the rock as a balance to stand, but when I looked back I saw claw marks gashed across the stone face.

My brows furrowed, "Odd..." I whispered, shaking it off and walking towards father.
"Ah! Y/N, it's time for you to be in bed, you have a big day tomorrow after all." I mustered a smile, so fake it hurt. Tomorrow was my... wedding day.

The day two great tribes would be joined in harmony yada, yada, yada...

"Mhm, big day!..." I said ever so sarcastically, taking my fathers arm as we walked back to our tent. He chuckled, and begun to ramble on about tradition or something, but my mind was elsewhere. How in the name of hell was I supposed to marry a man I hadn't even met before!? It was sick and twisted, and I had no clue how to get out of it. I was helpless in this arrangement, no way of escaping. After all it was my... responsibility...

We walked by a grandmother telling her children the story of Kenai, The bear man. How after the tragedy of his brother dying at the paw of a mother bear, was sent mad and seeked vengeance. Once he had killed the mother bear, the spirits had become angry and transformed him into a bear in return for his actions. It was said he was still in the woods, some of the people here had been at his ceremony, but had only seen him once. I was there when his ceremony took place however. A year or two younger than him, I had watched the great bear stride in and take his place.

It had been a sight to behold.

Now, Kenai was a tribal fairytale. A children's bedtime story. It was amazing the way children's baited breath lured people to continue his story in angst. I smiled, at least they could believe in something bigger than reality.

Kenai and I, had been very close. Perhaps almost too close, causing others to become jealous. Me and Kenai had been... some would say, lovers. His immaturity back then had caused many fights between us, but still we had managed to find love within the troubles. When his brother died... the entire village was heartbroken. I had tried to prevent Kenai from leaving that night to hunt the mother bear- but he had refused to listen. Refused to hear logic, and in grief, I suppose I could understand. Before he had left, he had gifted me a handwoven bracelet, with his bear totem tied to the string.

I looked down at my wrist, pulling the fur sleeve up ever so slightly. It was still there, worn from years of wear and tear. A small smile came to my lips, memories of adolescence were bittersweet. But that, was certainly one of the better ones.

Father swung the tent flap back, holding it open for me to enter. "I'll be back in a moment or two, I best go help with the last minute wedding preparations and welcoming of your husband-to-be's tribe!" He bellowed a loud laugh and strode off into the darkening night. I sighed and sat down on a bed of skins. I couldn't marry a stranger, although it was for the greater good of the village and it was my responsibility- I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

It wasn't fair.

I looked at that little bracelet, and bit my lip. Maybe, just maybe, I could have the courage Kenai had. Maybe I could have my own story of how I became the best Chieftess. 'That would be nice..' I smiled, looking down at my hands in my lap. A soft laugh left my lips at the madness of it all. It was an impossible task, one that would not be fulfilled.

I looked towards the wedding dress, the lynx fur was tanned, with white fur as the trim. A long cape of the same colours fell from the back, it was cinched at the waist, giving it quite a nice silhouette. Oh, I wished someone would rescue me from this awful destiny. The spirits, how many times I had prayed for someone to get me out of here- how long I had tried and tried again to somehow change my fathers mind.

But nothing would help.

I pulled a fur around me, snuggling into the bed. I didn't cry, I was much too sad to cry.

I lay there, hurting in silence. Because who could help me anyway?

The next morning, the village was in a massive rush. Women running to and fro with food and decorations, men heaving extra tents and fresh kills to their respective places. Looking around, it gave me a sense of pride that the tribe was pulling together for my 'special day'. I knew I should've been grateful, thankful even. I was going to be married to a storm Chief, for spirits sake! I should be ecstatic.

But- I wasn't.

My aunts, hollered when they saw me and rushed forward. "Y/N! The bride to be, you must begin getting ready!" Tisha yanked me back into my tent as her sister, Neela hurried in with a multitude of beads and shell necklaces.
"Now Y/N, beads or shells? Personally I think beads would work well with your dress-"
"What!? are you crazy Neela? Shells match the colour!"
"Tisha you dumb old bat! Shells wouldn't bring out her beautiful eyes! Isn't that right Y/N?"

I looked between the squabbling sisters and shrugged. "I don't really mind, they are both pretty." That was the truth, I had no care whatsoever for what accessories I wore. Years ago, I thought I would be marrying Kenai. I thought we were destined to be together.

I guess the spirits had other plans.

Which was fine, I could understand it. However frustrating it was... I could see their reasoning for it. After all, he was bear. I wouldn't be able to even understand him!

I looked at the women before me, "If you don't mind ladies, I'd like to get ready alone?" I smiled at both of them, thankful for their excitement but... I needed to prepare mentally more than anything.

"Of course! Call us if you need anything, you hear!?" Neela pushed Tisha out the door waving a hand over her shoulder. Now, the tent was quiet and desolate. I was left to my own thoughts, how sad they were. A memory, fought its way to me and the emotions that came with it, were almost too much to bear.

"Kenai! Wait up!!"

His laugh echoed through the valley as we sprinted down the grassy plains, running to our little hideaway in the yew tree grove. "Hurry up Y/N!" He vaulted over a boulder, a great Yew tree standing guardian over it.

"Your too fast!" I panted after him as he continued to gain ground before me. He halted hearing what I had said, and jogged towards me.
"You, are just too slow." He grinned kissing my cheek before turning around. "Hop on you turtle!" I hit him a light smack as I leaped onto his back. His hands, grasped my thighs and he began to run swiftly once again. How he had this strength, I wasn't sure.

Not that I minded, of course.

A couple of minutes later, we were sitting by the river bank, skipping stones. "We can't stay out to late y'know, my Father will send a search party out for me." I chuckled at the truth of my statement and Kenai grinned.
"The chief needs to let his daughter have a bit more fun." He growled playfully, tackling me down into the long grass and kissing my jaw. I howled in laughter, hugging him close. I believe we stayed there for an hour or two, as the great sun began to set.

I missed him. I missed him so much it hurt, and I couldn't do anything to fix it or help my own situation. How would I even find him? I just wanted one moment. Bear or human, it didn't matter. I just knew, I was making a great mistake with marrying this chief.

My eyes began to water, and I swiped at them hastily to rid of the tears. It was illogical to even think of leaving and finding Kenai, he was a bear now, after all. Who knew? He had probably met a female and forgotten about me.

That thought, stung me deeper than I had originally thought.

Cheers erupted outside, they were here. Oh gods they were here! I rushed towards the wedding dress and stripped, pulling the garment over my head. I grabbed the beads and threw them over my head, leaving my hair down. As I was rushing to get ready, I heard someone enter the tent.

"You look beautiful, Y/N" I turned to see my Father standing in adoration. I stood straight, mustering up a smile as he approached and embrace me. "You look just like your mother." He smiled, his kind eyes becoming slightly glassy.
"I wish she was here." I mumbled, and Father lifted my chin.
"The ones we love, never truly leave us." He pulled me into a hug, and for once, I felt a sliver of happiness return. 

I took a deep breath, it was time. The tribes had gathered outside and my fiancé was waiting beneath the two great stones where the ceremonies generally took place in our tribe. The sheman stood sentry, waiting for the ceremony to commence.

I left my tent, walking towards him. I was shaking, my hands were clasped so tightly before me my knuckles were turning white. Breathing deeply I tried to calm myself down, tried and failed repeatedly. The man, whom I had never seen before wasn't bad looking, in fact he seemed quite strong. Many women, would drop at his feet. But when I met his gaze, I didn't see love. I saw no kindness, no emotion like I had seen in Kenai.

I stood opposite the male, the sheman commencing the ceremony. He smiled down at me, and I meekly returned it. I wonder could he tell, that I didn't want to be here. Surely it was obvious?

The sheman began to say her final blessing, and I began to panic. I didn't want this to be official, anything but that. I prayed the spirits would here my begging, and answer to it. Please, please here it.

"BEAR!!"

Everybody gasped and began to run in all directions. Men hollered to get their spears, and the ceremony quickly dissipated. "Y/N! Go to the tent, now!" My fiancé roared at me, flying a hand to point towards our private tent. I gasped at him as a hunter threw him a long spear. He sighed, frustrated, grasped my shoulder and led me towards the tent.

I shook my head, something was wrong. Why the hell was a bear here!? Bears never came near the village.

It... hardly...

I shook away from the burly mans grip. "We aren't married yet, so don't think you can order me around." I turned up my nose at him, as I broke into a sprint directly for where the screams and shouts were loudest.

A crowd of men with spears were in a large circle. I fought my way to the front, and glimpsed my father in the centre and a flash of reddish brown fur. "Father!!" I roared and struggled to get past the cluster of hunters. Eventually, I managed and fell at the paws of that wonderful, wonderful bear. I knew that fur anywhere, it's colour never ever left me since that ceremony so long ago.

"GET THAT STUPID GIRL OUT OF HERE!!" Father bellowed and my dumb giant of a fiancé lugged forward, obviously still angry for disobeying him earlier.
"Come here, now Y/N." He pointed his finger to the ground, the bear above me was breathing heavily.

I looked up and the bear looked down at me, those familiar ebony eyes were smiling. "Kenai-" I mumbled breathlessly, flipping onto my knees in my wedding dress and hugging his giant neck. Huge arms and paws encased me in a furry embrace, he fell back and sat in his haunches holding me against his chest.

The tribe was quiet, a deadly silence settled amongst the people. At this point, I didn't care. I doubted that I ever would. Hushed whispers began to circle around as more people gathered.

"It's the bear man!"
"Kenai has come back?"
"Why only now?"
"She'll be crushed, silly girl."
"Bears are feral, he isn't a man anymore."

Footsteps approached and strong hands gripped me around my waist. They began to try and yank me away from Kenai and I held on tighter.

A deep, angry growl vibrated and left Kenai's mouth. He held me to him closer, the hands on my waist gripped me so tight it began to hurt. "Let go!" I yelled, looking over my shoulder to see it was that fool of a chief trying to pull me away. Kenai wrapped one arm around me securely, before swiping at the man with his other. The grip on my waist left and I heard him fall down.

"What is the meaning of this!?" My fiancé roared at my Father, I turned around in Kenai's embrace to face them. My father, looked gutted. His gaze was changing from me to the young chief and Kenai. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in between his forefinger and thumb. "Kenai, is a man from our village that was turned into a bear by the spirits. Him and Y/N... were inseparable before it." Fathers frown saddened me, and I pressed back against Kenai for some comfort. He growled low, barely audible only enough that I could feel it as he brought his other arm back around me. Ever the protective one.

"Well then Chief, what do you suppose we do about my bride?" Kenai seemed to freeze around me, and I began to shake with the tears streaming down my face.
"Father, please-" I looked to my Father, pleading that he realized my heart belonged to another. That, I could never, ever marry him.

Father opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted. The sheman, a small elderly woman came forward. Her staff before her as she walked towards my father. "The spirits, have something to say about all of this." She declared to the crowd, turning to smile at me and Kenai. He gave a gentle sound of recognition, it sounded as if he was almost begging. "The spirits, have told me somethin very, very important." Now that she had everybody's attention, the sheman continued.

"They say that Y/N, and the young chief could never of married. That when Kenai gave Y/N a bracelet, it sealed their bond." She looked to me, with a raised brow. "Do you have the bracelet, Y/N?" My mouth agape, I shut it closed and pulled back my wedding gowns sleeve, showing the bracelet with the bear totem dangling. Again, a low growl came from Kenai, but it was loving. Kind, almost thankful. "And there we have it, Y/N and Kenai are the ones that should be married this day. But the real decision is, who is going to change their physical form?"

I turned to look at Kenai, and he looked helpless. Something was holding him back, and when I opened my mouth to try and persuade him a small mewl came from the trees. Kenai's head snapped towards it and he roared back, not in anger but warning. Did he.. have cubs?

I stood up and out of the bears embrace, and looked to the trees. Kenai looked at me and to the trees, then back at me.

"Everyone, stand down and distance yourselves." I ordered the tribe to back off, and Kenai, gave a coaxing grumble towards the tree line. Slowly, a small brown figure emerged. A bear cub, and the moment he saw Kenai he broke into a sprint and jumped into his embrace. Kenai held the cub close, and the cub looked at me with big eyes. Afraid.

He was Kenai's responsibility. I understood how that felt, I knew it's importance. I looked to Kenai, and he gave a soft groan. "Do you.. want to be together Kenai?" I asked, sincerely hopeful.

He paused for a moment, and nodded.

I nodded and turned around to the sheman. "If the spirits will allow it, I would like to transform." She nodded, and as if on cue, the sky darkened and the northern lights erupted in all their brilliance. The tribe backed away farther, gasping as a light surrounded me.
"Is this what you want, Y/N?" Father mumbled, watching.
"Yes, Father." I gave a small smile, and he returned it. Suddenly I was being lifted into the air by an inhuman force. I felt my body changing, transforming. My bones changing and stretching, muscles being formed and elongating. Somewhere in the transformation I fainted, and ever so slowly I was laid back down on the ground.

My eyes flickered open, and I could see way more clearly. The people around me seemed shocked, horrified nearly. Something gentle probed my cheek, and I looked up to see Kenai smiling down at me. "Your beautiful-" He gasped coming around so he was sitting in front of me. His mouth agape, and the cub sitting beside him.

The cub, looked me up and down and turned to Kenai. "Kenai, who even is she?"
Kenai's head snapped towards the cub."Koda, this is... Y/N. And she, is the most gorgeous woman and bear I have ever seen."

I grinned, and stood. I was uneasy on these four legs, but I leaned towards Kenai and whispered. "I missed you, you silly bear." He smiled and pulled me into another hug.

"And I missed you, and your wonderful, fantastic spirit."

A/N

wow. i loved this so much, that i'll be doing a part 2 later on in this oneshot book. SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR IT! OKAY KIDS!? great. hope yall enjoyed this lil thing, and we shall meet again soon.

cookies and cream,

-AA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.4K 854 45
Slytherin Oneshots!! Includes: Blaise Zabini Draco Malfoy Theodore Nott Mattheo Riddle Lorenzo Berkshire Tom Riddle Pansy Parkinson Follow my Tiktok:...
65.3K 1.1K 14
Hello again! This is a part two of the original Disney Characters x reader, a series of oneshots wrote by me. I take requests, and I'm going to be a...
579 2 30
every happily ever after has to start with once upon a time...
6.6K 135 12
"A few Got7 imagines and one shots". [Started:March 28th 2018] [Finished:August 16th 2018]