Freak Shake (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

Jevan Hollen, son of the billionaire Evan Hollen, was the most popular boy in his highschool. His excellence... More

Introduction
Being The New Girl
Underneath Wings
It Starts With A Smile
Ending The Beginning
Cheer For Us Or Against Us
Get Your Lunch On
Roses Are Red
Only Fools Rush In
Crazy
You Got That Right
Sealed With A Kiss
Tell Me About It
Anger Written In Red
When The Moms Meet
History Has It
The First Argument
When The Pressure Arrives
Certainly
Let's Party
Happy Birthday Jevan
The Last Hold
Without Her
Truth
Pop Up, Guess Who?
Night Flight To France
Lost For Words
Meeting Jason
Set The Date
What You Don't Know
What Are Friends For
Too Close For Comfort
Trouble In Paradise
A Wrath and A Secret
The Bedroom Picnic
MamaBear
Red Flag
Blast From The Past
Unexpectedly
All Things Lost
Force To Reckon With
Trail Of Fire
In Your Shoes
Dark to Light
Supposed To Be
Disastrous Dates
Parental Control
The Recovery
Truth and Trust
The Event
Are You Ready
What's Coming ???
From One Hundred To Zero
The Misunderstand-Ring
Confessions Of A Bitch
Additional
Dahlia
The Hunt Continues
Rocks In The Head
Crossing BorderLine
Who Knew
Chip Off The Old Block
Dare The Dream
Come Back
To Have And To Let Go
The Light At The End
Trial
Happy Ever After Does Exist

The Letter

11.7K 731 215
By MavelineBelle

Jevan's POV

"Dear Mrs. Hollen,

Season Greetings!

This letter might come as a shock to you but it's sincerely coming from my heart and I believe this would be a lovely gesture instead of a plain text message.

Mrs. Hollen, from the bottom of my heart, I'm greatly sorry for hurting your son by toying with his emotions.
I never imagined things to become so hostile and vile between us because I love him so much and I care about his feelings.

I was selfish and foolish and allowed a good thing to depart from me but I'm willing to right my wrongs.

You must be asking yourself why I'm saying this to you instead of Jevan. The truth is, he hates me. I don't blame him. I would hate me too if I was in his position but as I said, I love him. I care about him and I've changed my ways.

Jevan adores you so much as his mother so I'm kindly asking for your forgiveness and for your blessings in talking to Jevan to take me back.

All I need is one more chance, Mrs. Hollen. Just one. And I promise I'll be better, I'll do better because I wouldn't want to disappoint Jevan again. He means the world and more to me.

I'm not perfect. I can be crazy with a bit of an attitude but I'm truly working on it and if Jevan is mine again, I believe he will help me become a better person. I love him so much. I can't stress how sorry I am.

Well, I've got to go now. Hope you and the family enjoy the holidays.

-Brooke."

I watched my mother neatly fold the letter in four halves and placed it on the table after reading it to me.

"So, she wrote a letter," I stated the obvious.

"She really did. What do you think?"

"I think she's very desperate now and it's annoying. Brooke needs to understand that I've lost all feelings for her and I'm not into her anymore. Honestly, the letter was sweet but it's too little, too late."

I eyed Adobi chatting with my sister across from my mother and myself.

It was the Christmas holidays and I was back home with my family while school was out.
I invited Adobi along with me so she can spend the holidays with me.

We became closer over the past months but there was a feeling I didn't want to face because it would bring nothing but guilt and anger.

"Adobi seems like a sweet girl," my mother said, drawing my attention back to her.

"She really is. We take similar classes together. The first day I saw her, I was..."

But when I looked at Adobi again, I saw Blossom's face.

What the F... Am I going crazy?"

Shaking my head, everything adjusted back to normal.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked.

"Yeah. I'm good. I need an apple." I picked myself off the couch and went to the refrigerator for some fresh apples. I then went to the indoor pool and got my feet in the water.

I missed her. Even when I tried to forget about her and get my life together, she would pop up in my dreams or on Adobi's face.

"Hey," a voice startled me.

"Hey," I responded.

Adobi sat down next to me and got her feet in too. "So I overheard your mom reading you that letter. Is that why you're now looking sad?"

"Honestly, no. I'm just processing about my past life. What happened in high school." I splashed water with my feet.

"I know that we're taking things slow and everything but I'm here for you, Jevan. I'm your friend, maybe one day, I'll be your girlfriend, but I'm here for you, okay?"

She playfully pushed my shoulder and I took that chance to grab her and jump into the pool.

"Aaahhhh," she screamed.

I couldn't help but to laugh. The laughter eased my thoughts and guilt and finally, my mind was peaceful.

Adobi swam up to me and I pulled her onto my chest. She looked deep into my eyes and smiled. "Hey."

"Hey." Our lips met for a brief moment before my little sister came singing along to a song by pop-singer Arianna Grande.

________________

The next morning, I left with my dad for work. He was more than eager to take me along to give me a taste of the company.

Arriving to his office, he had arranged another desk and chair next to his. I sat down like a king on his throne, knowing one day, this was all going to be managed and taken over by me.

"So, what are we doing today, dad?" I asked him.

"I want you to close a deal," he answered with a smirk.

"Wait, what? You're already throwing me out to the sharks when I can barely swim," I panicked.

"You can do this, son. The deal is already almost there, I just need you to bring it all the way."

"What's the details?" I asked him.

"A small hotelier in the south. She has four hotels in total but ran into some money issues from a messy divorce. The bank is about to seize everything but we're willing to buy her out before that occurs. She's a bit on the fence because she's personal but we're paying her twice times the worth and not a dime more."

"I got this," I told my father. We rose, adjusted our suits at the same time and walked into the board-room.

The small hotelier was present with her attorney and an assistant.

"Hello, Mrs. Randall, allow me to introduce my son, Jevan Hollen," dad greeted and shook hands with her.

"He does have your dashing looks," she complimented and I smiled before sitting next to my father.

The attorney started going over the proposal but instead a twice the payment, Mrs. Randall wanted triple.

I watched my father's jaw tighten and I took the momentum in taking over before he tells Mrs. Randall where she can screw herself.

My father only had patience for his wife and his children.

"Mrs. Randall, with all due respect, what you're asking for is ridiculous. Hollen Tower is hereby offering you twice time the amount of the worth of four hotels and nothing more," I stated.

"I'm sorry lamb, but this conversation is for the grown-ups," she said.

"I put him in charge for it!" my father said.

"Why?" she asked.

"We've been at this for over two months and I'm annoyed. Talk to my son or get up and walk out the door." My father pointed to his door.

"My apologies then. In that case, I want a little more than twice the amount. I know Hollen Tower will fix up the hotels and run it and it would blossom because your name would be attached to it. Celebrities like actresses, movie stars, singers. The whole works," Mrs. Randall went on.

"Twice the worth. Nothing more," I said and folded my arms which was a sign of not backing down.

"Fine. Hell, the bank is digging down my back and I can't get this deal anywhere else. I'll sign the damn thing." She grabbed the contract and signed it.

"Nice doing business with you," my father said as he signed his name afterwards.

I photocopied the document and handed it to the attorney. They all left afterwards.

"You were great, son. Well done."

"Thanks dad. I feel a rush. I can't wait to close more deals like this."

"In due time. All in due time."

We left the boardroom and went back to his office where he taught me more and more about the company. It wasn't an easy job and I was amazed how my father did all this and still had time for us, but being the boss had its perks and advantages.

________________

When the day was over, dad and I went home. He kissed my mom as he reached her and I was so mirroring him, I went to find Adobi.

"I'm home," I told her when I found her on her patio in the guest bedroom she was staying in.

She ran into my arms. "How was work?"

"Work was great. I can't wait to seal deals and come home to you." The last part was a slip but I didn't regret it.

"Are you..."

I didn't wait for her to finish. I captured her mouth with a longing kiss. We had never kissed before. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to enjoy her for real.

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

_________

That night, I tore up Brooke's letter and tossed the pieces in the trash. Nothing from the past was about to get in the way again.

________________________

A/N

😘Nothing Jevan? Are you sure on that? !!

Should I add a cast or are you good with your imagination for the characters?

Let me know. (Majority wins).

**Teaser**

Brace yourselves for the seven years later versions of the main characters. (They'll now be 25 years old)

(It's time to grow up real soon).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4.1K 34
So yes this is a student/ teacher relationship it's not really like the others so please read and give it a chance! Never know if you don't read!! N...
2.1M 76.9K 57
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
1.1K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
841 76 30
Bella carter is the new girl. It's her senior year. She's not anti social but she's also not outspoken. Bellas unaware of the rules at her new high s...