Learning to Love (Lesbian Sto...

Da _SoLove_

Three kids, a fat baby, and a dog. That's what her mother left her. Kaliya Jefferson's mother has passed, and... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Not A New Chapter But Please Read Anyway
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Not A New Chapter But Please Read Anyway
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36:FINAL CHAPTER
Epilogue

Chapter 20

17.2K 505 79
Da _SoLove_

 Then I couldn’t really be sure. She was sayings she was getting help or whatever but she done said that so many times it’s lost its meaning. She been to rehab over six times, and copped out every time. I ain’t have time to play no games. Either she got her shit straight or she could just stay away from round me and the kids.

They don’t need her flopping in and out their life constantly. They need stability. They need constant love and support. They need a mother, not no damn crack head who don’t know if she coming or going. She had some nerve calling me like she was a changed woman or some shit. She need to find Jesus then come see about me.

Telling me the address like I was gonna come see her or something. Girl bye.

Soon the therapy session was over. All the kids had been seen, and Dr. Gordon talked to me about each of their cases. She said what she always said. They are improving but we got some ways to go.

I didn’t mention that their mom called. I didn’t wanna shatter them. It seem like whenever her name is mentioned, the kids become horrified. I didn’t want to put any fear in them. I just wanted them to have their moments to be kids. Not to worry about their mom selling them drugs, allowing them to be abused or none of that. But just some time to just be carefree and happy children.

 So far I think I was doing good with that. They did seem happier, and they smiled a lot, and they always looked at me with so much love. When they see me on the porch waiting for them, they light up. They run to me. Charles likes to sit in my lap sometime, and he’ll just sit, and play with my fingers or something. Karlie wants to tell me about her day, and all the fun stuff she learned at school. She wants to tell me all about her friends, and her teacher. And Ka’Diah she simply likes to sit, just sit with me. She smiles, and she nods, and that’s ok with me.

And even though two of them don’t speak their actions speak volumes.

“Aunty Kay?” Karlie said as I was driving home.

 “Yes?” I said.

 “Can we skip dinner tonight and just eat ice cream?” Karlie said.

 “Uh no ma’am we certainly can not.” I said.

“But ice cream is good.” Karlie said like that was suppose to make everything ok.

“Yes it is, and it will be just as good after you eat dinner.” I said.

“Humph!” Karlie pouted.

We made it home, and I unloaded the car.

I began to cook dinner soon as we got home.

 Charles walked into the kitchen, washed his hands and waited for instructions. Lately he had been very helpful in the kitchen. He liked cooking with me. I don’t know why so suddenly maybe because of his new found love for food. This little man had gained a huge appetite.

 I always found something for him to do, even something as small as stirring something up or seasoning some meats or vegetables.

 He was always so happy to being even the smallest of things.

 I heard a knock on the front door.

 “I got it.” Karlie said.

“Aunty Kay it’s Christina.” Karlie said.

 “Let her in then.” I said.

 “Hi Christina!” I heard Karlie say cheerfully.

 Christina spoke to her for a minute and then entered the kitchen.

“Wow, Chef Charles is at it again. Cooking up a storm.” Christina said. Charles smiled and nodded in agreement.

“Yeah me and him again.” I smiled.

“Hey beautiful. How are you?” Christina said greeting me with a kiss on cheek.

“Hi. I’m good. I didn’t think I’d see you today. Didn’t you say you had something with the band.” I said.

“Yeah I did, but it got cancelled. We’ll just do it tomorrow.” Christina said.

 “Oh ok cool.” I said.

 “How’d the therapy go today?” Christina asked.

 “Good. Nothing spectacular but we’re slowly making progress.” I said dropping sliced vegetables in the pan for my stir fry.

 “Well we’re getting there. Stir fry tonight.” Christina said.

“Yep. Charles picked it.” I said.

“We should open up a restaurant his dinner picks are off the charts.” Christina said.

 “I know right. Ok man umm well we’re gonna let this cook for now. But you can go ahead and set the table if you will.” I said. Charles smiled, and got right to it.

 “He’s getting so big. Didn’t you just buy those pants like a month ago.” Christina said.

 “I did, and they’re almost a little too snug fitting. That’s crazy right?” I said.

 “It is. They grow up so fast.” Christina said.

“You don’t have to tell me I know.” I said.

 “Aunty Kay, Camden’s bus is here.” Karlie said.

 “Ok I’m going. Watch this for me real quick.” I said referring to the food cooking.

 “Sure.” Christina said.

I went outside and got Camden.

 “Hello my fat daddy!” I said kissing him. He giggled happily, as I walked up the driveway.

 Out the corner of my eye, I saw car across the street. And it didn’t look familiar at all. I turned around, and looked at it. It was a dark silver Chevrolet Impala. It just looked different to me. The windows were tinted dark so I couldn’t see who was in it. But it just really seemed out of place to me.

I brushed it off and went on in.

 “There’s the handsome man. Hi.” Christina said to Camden. Camden smiled when he saw her. Christina took him from my arms, and held him.

 I began to tend to the food on the stove, while she played with Camden.

 Soon the food was done cooking and I was serving plates.

 “Kids, go get cleaned up for dinner.” I called in the living room.

“Kaliya?” Christina said.

“Yes.” I said.

“Do the children have a break from school coming up?” Christina asked.

“Umm yeah they have a four day weekend coming up. No school Friday nor Monday. Something about teacher conference or something. And it’s a half day Thursday. Why what‘s up?” I said.

 “I wanna ask you something.” Christina said her brown eyes falling on me.

I suddenly felt like it just got serious for some reason.

I didn’t understand why, I just felt like it.

“Yeah?” I said.

“Well umm see last week my brother called me.” Christina said. She was acting like she was getting nervous or some shit. What the fuck? She don’t ever get nervous, she always calm, cool, and collected. She was making me nervous now. Damn.

“Yeah so?” I said quizzical.

“Umm he’s having a small gathering for my father’s birthday. He’s turning sixty-five this year, and umm he’s gonna invite some family down to his beach in Virginia Beach.” Christina said.

“Aw that sounds good. Ya’ll gonna have a good time. When do you leave?” I asked.'

“This weekend, but Kaliya wait.” Christina said.

“What?” I said oblivious.

“Umm I was wondering like I mean if you’re not too busy. . . . . . .” Christina said

I knew exactly where this was going. But I wasn’t ready. I wasn’t ready at all. No. I got four kids. And I’m not good at meeting new people. And no. Just no.

I felt like my chest was getting tight. The air was getting thin, Oxygen running low. Somebody please help me.

“Like I was wondering maybe you and the kids could come with me perhaps. I know it’s a lot. But I really want you to meet my family, and I know. It’s fast but I just thought it would be nice get away for the kids, and a miniature vacation for you. It’s this beautiful beach house like a five minute walk from the beach. It’s spacious, it’s great. Please say you’ll go?” Christina said looking me right in my eyes.

My heart pounded. Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Like a hollow drum, my heart was pounding.

 I wasn’t ready for this realness. Meeting her family? That’s huge! That’s a big step! Oh my gosh! Help me Father! I mean I don’t think I’m the type girl that you bring home to the family.

 I looked at her; maybe she was just playing.

“Huh?” I said.

“I want you and the kids to come with me. Meet my family, and most of all have a good time. Please.” Christina said.

My heart dropped three thousand feet. She was for real. This is too much. Too fast. I’m not ready. I don’t know, it doesn’t seem like a big deal but it is. It’s a huge deal. Usually when people bring someone home, it means they think this is the one. Like this the one I want my family to get comfortable with because they’re going to be around for awhile.

I’m not saying that I don’t see Christina and me working out for a while. But I’m just saying well shit what the fuck am I saying? I’m saying I’m not good with people. I never have been. Christina seems so close to her family, and I don’t know.

 I felt Christina place her hand on my back, and rub it in assurance.

“Don’t make me beg baby. Because for this you know I will.” Christina said softly.

“What’s for dinner?” Karlie said walking in the kitchen followed by her siblings. Just in the knick of time! Thank ya Lord!

 “Umm we’re having uh stir fried vegetables, and teriyaki chicken.” I said stepping away from Christina

 I got the kids’ plates served, and sat them at the table.

 “This looks really good.” Karlie said.

 “Thank you Karlie, I hope it taste as good as it looks.” I said.

Camden crawled into the kitchen, and right up to me. He gripped my pants leg, and pulled his self up. He began to babble, fussing at me to pick him up.

 “What fat man?” I said picking him up.

 “Are you guys gonna eat Aunty Kay? Christina?” Karlie asked.

 “I am in a minute.” I said.

 “Christina?” Karlie said flashing her gray eyes at Christina. Christina cleared her throat.

 Christina forced a smile.

 "Yeah babe, I’m just gonna go get cleaned up.” Christina said with a smile.

“Ok.” Karlie said returning to her meal.

“We’ll talk after dinner.” Christina whispered to me. Then she went to the restroom. I needed help awfully bad.

“Ya’ll I’m gonna be right back. Finish your dinner, and ice cream for dessert. If and only if you all eat your veggies. Ok?” I said.

“Ok” Karlie said. The others nodded in agreement.

 “Perfect. I be right back.” I said grabbing my cell phone off the counter. I went outside on the porch.

I quickly dialed a number.

 “Aggie pick up!” I said as the phone rang.

“Oh my God! It’s gonna snow on the Sun I know this just can’t be Kaliya calling me! What!” Agatha said being so over the top.

“Aggie no time for all that. I need help.” I said looking through the window at the kids. They were still sitting, and eating.

 I secured Camden in one arm, and held the phone with my free hand.

“What’s wrong?” Agatha asked.

“Umm ok I don’t know if you know this but Christina and I are back on.” I said. Agatha screamed so loud on the other end, I had to pull the phone away from my ear. Damn near busted my eardrum!

“Really Aggie?” I said.

“Yes! Yyyyyaaaassss! Girl yes! Oh my gosh! I can’t believe you got out yo damn ego, and did right! Look at God! I been praying for you girl!” Agatha laughed.

 “Ok anyway but listen Aggie. Listen for real.” I said peeking in the window again. By now Christina was out the bathroom. She was looking for me. Oh damn!

She started towards the door.

“Hold on Aggie, hold on.” I said as the front door opened.

“Kaliya, aren’t you gonna eat?” Christina said holding the door open, standing in the doorway.

“Umm I am. Umm but I got take this call. It’s Aggie, I’ll be right in.” I said.

Christina raised an eyebrow at me, in suspicion.

“It’s nothing, just a quick call.” I said.

“Ok well give me Camden, isn’t time for his evening meal.” Christina said.

I looked at my wristwatch.

“Oh wow would you look at that. It is. Thanks I’ll be right in. I swear.” I said handing her Camden.

“Ok.” Christina said going in.

 “Aggie!” I said as soon as the door shut.

“I’m here. What’s up?” Agatha said.

 “Girl umm girl we got a crisis.” I said.

“Girl what’s wrong? You ok? You alright?” Agatha said concerned.

“I’m gonna talk fast cause I gotta go in for dinner, and Christina suspecting shit. But listen. Ok Christina daddy is turning sixty fiv or whatever. And her brother is having this get together so everybody can celebrate his birthday. It’s in Virginia Beach. They rented this huge beach house, and it’s gonna be big. And all that.” I said talking real fast.

 “Aw girl that sounds like fun. I need to go to there. I need me a lil mini vacation. I love Virginia Beach.” Aggie said.

“Yeah yeah all that. But look she want me to go with her, and meet her family and shit like that.” I said.

“What!” Agatha squealed loudly on the other end.

“I know girl I know. This is too much.” I said.

“She want to bring you home. To meet her family. Ma! She done fell for yo ass. Damn she taking you home to daddy! Kaliya! Girl I’m screaming! Go! Go! Go!” Agatha said. My jaw went through the floor, and was dangling in hell by now.

“What! Uh-uh I don’t understand.” I said shocked.

“Girl! Am I gonna have to come over there! She invited to meet her people. Kay this larger than life right now. This means so much. She adores you, and she trusts you, and she wants you, needs you to be there. Don’t you see this! Oh my gosh! Kay when somebody invites you to meet family. Then that means so much. Like a treasure or something highly valued. When you have something you really like, you want to share it with people you love. And you, you are what she loves. I don’t understand why, or how or whatever but you are.“ Aggie said

She got on my nerves. But she had a point I’m not always the best person. My attitude would make the calmest person snap. It was just who I was. I couldn’t help it sometime. Most times. All the time. Christina has been very patient. Cause when we first started, it was definitely a wreck. We’ve come a long way. Wow.

“That’s all that matters. I’m saying all this to say Kay go. I mean Christina is good for you, for the kids, for everybody. I never seen you be so pleasant. I mean you my girl, and I love like no other. But Kay sometime you can be a lot to handle. And attitude it’s off the chain sometime. Sometime I gotta walk away. But Christina she’s here, and I don’t think she’s leaving.” Agatha continued.

I thought for a moment.

“Umm ok. I gotta go. I have to eat dinner.” I said.

Even though Agatha was speaking truth, I wasn’t with it. I still wasn’t sure that I wanted to meet her family. I just didn’t like I can’t explain. It just seemed so huge. She values me, and she treats me well. I don’t know maybe some part deep inside of me, is just telling me I don’t deserve this.

“Kaliya. No Kay. No. You still got doubt. You still doubting shit. See you fucking up Kay. Do you hear me? Girl you fucking up huge this time. It just seem like you still on guard why? What? What are you guarding? What are you afraid of? Girl who hurt you?” Agatha said livid.

But what she said truly struck a nerve. Damn. I had the biggest realization ever. Have I really been hurt so many times, that I can’t tell when something is good? That I can’t trust people even when I want to? Have I been on guard for so damn long that I forgot how to let it down? I’m fucked up.

“Aggie I just. I gotta go. I can’t right now. I just can’t.” I said.

Agatha sighed loudly on the other end.

“Ok Kay but I’m going to say this, and I’m gonna let you go. Don’t mess up a good thing. This is good. You can’t you simply can not deny yourself goodness because of your own vain insecurities. That’s all I’m saying. Enjoy your meal. Bye-bye.” Agatha said.

“Bye.” I mumbled as I hung up. I exhaled loudly and shook my head. I’m fucking up.

I shook my head again, and went in the house. I went t the kitchen sink and washed my hands.

“Your plate is on the stove.” Christina said.

“Thank you.” I said grabbing my plate off the stove. I went and sat down at the table.

“Aunty Kay I’ve finished my plate. I ate all my veggies. See.” Karlie said showing me her clean plate.

“I see.” I said.

“So can I have some ice cream now.” Karlie asked.

“You sure can.” I said about get up.

“Stay. I’ll get it, I’m done eating.” Christina said.

“Thank you.” I said.

I was sitting next to Charles, and he was finishing the last of his meal.

He then poked me to get my attention.

“Hmm?” I said.

He pushed his plate towards me.

“Do you want more or are you done?” I asked. He looked over at Christina was serving Karlie ice cream.

“So you’re done, and you want ice cream.” I said.

Charles smiled and nodded

“Ok go put your dish in the sink, and wait to be served.” I said. He nodded again, and grabbed his plate as he got up.

I was getting good at the mind reading stuff, but I was getting tired of it too. I wish they would talk already. I know they got voices, I just need to hear them. I sighed as I began to eat.

I was dreading the time when dinner was over, and the kids are put to bed. I knew Christina was going to want to talk about that family meeting shit. I was not anticipating that at all. I still wasn’t sure what I wanted to do.

                          #####################################

So there's Chapter Twen-Tay!   So what ya'll think? You think gonna go meet the family or nah? Do you think it's too soon since, they did  just get over one obstacle?   But what harm could it do to visit some family? Why you think Kay hesitating?   Was Agatha right? Did you agree? What do you think is gonna happen next?  So COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!   I love all feedback you all have given me on this book! So please do continue to COMMENT! Comment and don't forget to vote! As always thank you so much for reading. I'll see ya in the next! Thank you!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.8K 401 40
" I think rainbows are like humans. A person is like a white light, made up of different things, versions of themselves, mistakes, hardships, Just li...
58.5K 3.3K 28
"No one knows what was done to me this summer. And no one will ever find out. They wouldn't understand... My own parents don't even understand... No...
3.1K 257 69
After years of Drama, B.S, and dating women who don't have their shit together Jayden is done... She moves on from her ex fiancé, her ex girlfriend a...
7.1K 307 16
Did you ever believed in faith? That there is something or someone waiting for you? Cause when loneliness fulfils you entirely your brain starts to c...