Orphan Spider

By Twizzle_n

During the day, Peter Parker is just an average teenager, except for the fact that he's an orphan living in a... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
1k reads
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Spider-Man costume contest
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
100k
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Bonus+

Chapter 7

67.5K 2.2K 2K
By Twizzle_n

A/N

There is going to be another time skip.

So now Peter's been working and S.I for about 3 weeks.

Why the long time skip you ask? Well it's simple!

.

The Plot!

Well Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter's P.O.V

*humming*

*Ring* *Ring* *Beep*

"Peter! We need you to deliver coffee to one of the higher levels! The person wants 4 cups of (Insert some strong coffee, Idk), so try to deliver it as fast as possible! You'll be going to floor 86!"

I was sitting in my office doing some homework when I got the call from Anna. She seemed to be in a hurry so I started to make my way over to the coffee machine in another room. 'Floor 86, yeah, that's really high up. I'm probably delivering the coffee to some high class worker' I think to myself as I'm making the coffee. 10 minutes later, I'm done with the coffee and I put them in a cup holder.

I make my way over to the elevator and wait for it to come. After about a minute the doors open and out steps Mr. Happy. I hadn't seen him since last time in the elevator 3 week ago, so I just guessed he didn't remember me.

"Hey kid." He then said as he walked past me.

"Oh... H-hi...!" I say, getting caught off guard of the sudden greeting.

As Mr. Happy left I stepped in to the elevator and said "Floor 86, please!".

"I am sorry Mr. Parker, but you are not allowed to access that floor." Friday said.

"Oh, umm, well, Anna said that I had to deliver coffee to floor 86. Please check with her for confirmation." I said nervously. It was quiet for a minute until Friday started speaking again.

"Alright Mr. Parker, I checked in with Ms. Dahl and she confirmed your errand. You may proceed." Friday finished.

I felt the elevator going up and I started to get nervous. 'Why am I getting nervous? I'm just going to deliver coffee, as usual...' I think to myself.

I snap out of my thoughts from the *pling* sound of the elevator signaling it's arrival, but the doors dosen't open right away.

"Mr. Parker, before I let you in, I must tell you that you are about to enter a lab and you are prohibited from touching anything in there. If you try to steal anything you will be seen on camera. Understood?" Friday asked with a hint of seriousness in her voice. 'Wait, can A.I's even talk in emotion? And I'm about to enter a lab? Holy cow, today actually got a bit interesting!' I think to myself.

"I understand! I promise I won't touch anything!" I tell her, and she finally opens the door. What I saw in there nearly made me break that promise. There was tech everywhere, blueprints on the floor and on the tables. There was a big whiteboard to the left side of the room by an empty table with several equations. On nearly all the tables and across the floor layed empty coffee cups. 'God, this person really drinks a lot of coffee'. Close to the empty table by the whiteboard there was a huge couch with a coat-hanger behind it. On the hanger hanged a red cloak? Cape? thingy. 'I feel like I've seen that cloak before...'. I think to myself. At the back of the room was a big wall just made of glass and you could nearly see all of New York. The lab seemed to be empty, 'I guess the owner of the lab isn't here at the moment'.

I stumbled out of the elevator, nearly dropping the coffee, and walk over to the empty table by the whiteboard and put the cup holder, with the coffee, down on the table and then I look over at the white board. There are a bunch of equations covering the whole thing, but I notice that one of the equations are wrong, but I'm not allowed to touch anything or change it.

"Umm... Friday?" I say carefully.

"Yes Mr. Parker?"

"Umm... There's... there's an equation wrong on.. on this whiteboard. Could you tell the owner of the lab to look it over once they... uhh... get back?" I asked nervously.

"Certainly." She answered with what sounded like... joy?

As I was just about to walk away from the whiteboard to get back to my office, something wrapped itself around my shoulders and lifted me off the ground. Apparently, that red cloak was alive... or magical because as far as I know, clothing aren't suppose to be alive!

"Woah... Oh god...! Umm... Someone! Please help!" I yelled, but I stopped when the familiar sound of the elevator arriving caught my attention. 'Oh No! It's probably the owner of the lab! And they are going to be so pissed at me for still being here! And then I'll get fired!' I was panicking and it feelt like I was about to get a panic attack.

But instead of some scientist stepping out of the elevator, Dr. Freaking Strange stepped out and saw the mess unfold right in front of him.

"Cloak! Put the boy down!" He yelled at the cloak.

It put me down on the floor carefully and then went over to the Dr. and wrapped itself around him.

"Now, for you. Who are you and what are you doing in this lab?" He asked threateningly, which made me tenses up a bit.

"Oh... I'm... I'm really sorry sir! I was... umm... I was sent to deliver...umm... coffee...yeah, coffee... to this floor and... umm... when I...- when I put down the coffee I looked at the whiteboard and I... umm... I saw an equation... umm... a wrong equation. So I asked Friday to... to tell the owner of the lab to look at it. But when I was...- I was  about to leave, I promise...! The cloak wrapped itself around me and... and then you entered the room...and..." I say really nervously, I could feel my whole body shake. 'Great Peter! Now you're going to lose your internship! Wait? what if he's like Mr. and Mrs. Thomas? Am I going to get hit...?' I close my eyes and tense up preparing myself for an incoming hit, or something. But it never comes.

Instead he asks me if I can show him the equation. I point to one of the many equations on the board and then wait a moment for him to look. 'He's probably going to tell me I'm wrong and throw me out of the lab...'

"Could you show me how you solved it please?" He asks turning to face me. I felt panic rise in me.

"Umm... I... umm, I need a pen and... umm... a paper sir." I say.

Mr. Dr. Strange walks over to one of the tables and picks up a pen and a paper, then walks back to me and gives me the supplies. I went over to the empty table and wrote down the equation, this time with the right answer. Not wanting to take too long I got done in about 3-5 minutes and then gave the paper to Mr. Dr. Strange. 'What am I suppose to call him? Mister or Doctor?'

It was quiet for some seconds. Mr. Dr. Strange looked at the paper and then back at the whiteboard a couple of times.

"You know kid, this is really impressive. Not even I saw that problem. What's your name?" He asks calmly.

"Oh... umm, Peter, sir. Peter Parker." I answer quickly.

"How old are you Peter?" He asks.

"15, sir" His face then went into a frown for a split second.

"Wait... aren't you that one kid who got an internship here already in high school?" He asks a bit cautious. "I think I remember Pepper saying something about some 15 year old getting an internship here, and being the "youngest intern S.I has ever accepted." Or something."

"Oh... umm, yeah, I guess that's me then. When I first started here everyone said I was the youngest intern accepted." I say looking down at the floor and he nodded.

"So, where do you work Peter?" He asks.

"I work on floor 21 in an office ordering supplies and, umm... and delivering coffee, which is the main reason I'm here at the moment." I say, trying not to sound too disappointed. I look up at him for a moment and I see confusion spread across his face.

"How come you're not working in the labs?" He asks, sounding very surprised. "I mean, if you are smart enough to get an internship at S.I at age 15, shouldn't you work in the labs?" Wow, look, someone who gets me.

"Well, my supervisor told me that I am too young to work in the labs and it can be too dangerous. Which was kind of ironic, because right as she said that we were in one of the labs and something blew up..." I say dryly with a little chuckle from the mention of the memory. He looks at me a bit skeptical, but then nod. We then stay still for some awkward seconds, not saying anything before I remembered I had to get back to my office.

"Oh! I'm...- I'm really sorry sir, but I have to go. It was very nice meeting you!" I say and he nods, putting up his hand for me to shake, which I do. I then went over to the elevator and stepped in giving Mr. Dr. Strange a little wave before the doors closed. And to my surprise he waved back, and if I didn't see wrong, the cloak also waved. I quickly say "Floor 21, please." And then just went back to my office to think about what just happend.

I. Just. Met. Dr. Freaking. Strange.

Ned is going to flip out when he hears that, and MJ... she won't really care.

'You know, maybe Parker luck is going a bit easy on me. Nah, It'd never do that.' I think to myself remembering the times when I really thought Parker luck was on vacation. I then start to work.

Stephen's P.O.V

As the kid left I looked at the paper with the equation once more and was still impressed. 'That kid's going places.' I thought to myself. I really need to show this to Tony.

"Friday, where's Tony?" I ask the A.I.

"Boss is currently in a meeting, but it's about to end in a couple of minutes." She answers.

"Can you tell him to meet me in the lab when the meeting is over?" I ask.

"Of course Wizard." She responds and I just ignore the name Tony programed the A.I to call me. I walk over to the couch and sit down to wait.

After 10 minutes the elevator *dings* and out steps Tony, looking annoyed as ever, like an angry kitten.

"Has something ruffled your feathers hun?" I ask, holding back a laugh. He looks at me with tired eyes, walks over and lays down in my lap and then let's out a loud "Uuuuuggghhhhh" sound.

"I take it the meeting went well?" I ask sarcastically.

"You have noooo idea." He answers back closing his eyes. "So, how come you wanted me to come to the lab?"

"Well..." I start, explaining everything that happened with the Parker kid. Tony opened his eyes and sat up with a surprised expression after I told him about the equation the kid solved, showing him the paper where the kid wrote the right answer on.

"I knew something as off with that equation..." He mumbled to himself, taking the paper from my hands and standing up, walking over to the whiteboard to compare the answers.

"And get this, he works in an office despite being smart enough to get an internship here and to work in an lab." I told him. He turned to face me and he looked just as confused as I did when the kid told me. Then he looked back at the paper.

"This equation, Bruce also hade problems with it. But in the end we just jinxed an answer, which actually was pretty close to what the kid got." He explained. It looked like he was thinking so I kept quiet. After a couple of minutes he walked over to one of the tables, took out a paper and a pen and started writing something down. Then he took another paper and wrote something on there too. I stood up and walked over to him to see what he was doing. He had written down two complicated equations on each paper.

"How come you all of a sudden wrote down two random equations on the papers? Even writing them incorrectly?" I ask a bit confused.

"I wanna test the kid. I'll have him deliver coffee tomorrow to the lab again and we'll see if he's going to notice that they are incorrect." He says picking up the papers and attaching them to the whiteboard, including the paper with the equation the kid wrote today. "You can be in here to see what happens. He'd probably freak if he saw me." Tony finished, bragging a bit at the end.

"And what will happen if the passes the test then?" I ask. He doesn't answer me for a couple of seconds, but then his face lights up a bit. "Maybe he can work with me in the lab, like a personal intern."

"That... doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. The kid did sound a bit disappointed when he told me about working in an office." I explained to him.

"Well, then hopefully he'll pass the test." Tony says a bit hopeful." Oh yeah, what was his name again?"

"Peter Parker, 15 years old." I tell him a bit annoyed. He nodded to himself and then started walking towards the elevator.

"Well, since it's getting late and I should probably sleep (because 72 hours awake is kind of taking a toll on me), let's go up to the living room." He says and I chuckle a bit following him into the elevator.

'Well, this has been quite an interesting day.' I think to myself as we make it to the living room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

God, this chapter took some time, but I'm finally done with it!

I hope that the story is going to get a bit faster from now on since Peter FINALLY met (at least) Dr. Strange.

Next chapter will come whenever I'm not dying.

Oh yeah, also, I'm probably going to skip the mornings and patrols since it's just the same, wake up, make breakfast, be out of the orphanage before 7am, say good bye to the kids. And for patrol, save people, run from the Avengers, get 'home', get beat up sometimes (Like, always), go to sleep, repeat. So yeah.

Though, when I do write about the mornings and the patrol, it has something (kinda) to do with the plot or help the plot.

That's All For Now Folks!

G'night, G'day and G'morning!

/Twizz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 13.1K 40
Being Tony Starks personal intern wasn't the only big change after Civil War. Suddenly his life flashed before his eyes, and he was now the son of To...
Stronger By Ava

Fanfiction

27.8K 901 18
Peter Parker had a perfect life. When he was born, maybe. But not now. Never in a million years could this be a perfect life. Extended summary inside...
Permanent By Ava

Fanfiction

38.8K 1.2K 19
Peter Parker was dead, and he was okay with that. He had his new identity and his new life ahead of him. That was until he texted the wrong number. E...
236K 7.2K 29
An #irondad story When Peter comes home from a field trip, he meets disaster once his only family left kicks him out. Soon enough, Stark sees his i...