Secret Revealed (Hwarang Jidw...

By dawinabieber

"Why haven't you kill me yet?" "Why haven't you reveal my identity to the rest?" - Jidwi "Because for now t... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 Sickness & Confession
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21

Chapter 22

2.2K 75 17
By dawinabieber

Jidwi

He duck and quickly make his way to the boys shielding away behind trees. ''Clear?'' Suho questioned. ''Yes. Only about 3 guards roaming around the area. We need to be careful though, I am sure the security is tight.'' The young king told them. They nod keeping their swords closely. Sunwoo then move forward as he sees it's clear, he then signal for the rest to follow suit - one by one. 

Jidwi make sure everyone goes first and finally the last person was about to make a move he quickly grab his arm. Looking at him worried and as if the boy can read his mind, he gave a assurance smile. ''Don't worry hyung, we'll be okay.'' The younger gave one final smile and move to his position in a hurry as Jidwi follow suit. They manage to run past the guards as the guards are mostly just probably their own town people that were threatened to be a part of the squad - meaning these people don't even want to be doing this but left no choice. 

As quickly as the can they climb up the castle easily at a more excluded area in which Jidwi has been using them when he need to sneak in and see him Mother. His heart ached just thinking about her. But he shakes the feeling away and continue with their mission. The moment Jidwi climb down in one of the bushes, he was pulled towards a direction, he panic at first until he realize it was just Sunwoo dragging him away. 

Then he realize 3 guards almost ran into him if Sunwoo didn't act fast. ''That was close.'' The other breathe out as he has Jidwi trap between his hand on one of the pillar. Jidwi look at him holding back a smile as he realized their position right now. Sunwoo on the opposite smirked at the young king. ''I kinda like this position, don't you?'' He teased in which Jidwi's eyes widen feeling embarrassed. ''Yo lovebirds. Come on!'' Suho whisper shout as they both turned to him and Sunwoo slowly move away from Jidwi. 

''They really be partying when people are losing lives because of them?'' Banryu hissed as his eyes focused on the crowd inside the castle. Laughter was heard as some light music instrument playing in the background. ''Come on.'' Sunwoo said as they swiftly make their way inside. The crowd were too engrossed in their conversations, food and drinks, and some are eve too drunk to even behave properly. The boys felt sick to their stomach. What are they celebrating? For Jidwi- Is it the death of his mother? He turn to look at Hangsung's glistening eyes- The death of Hangsung's family, to think of it he's the one left to continue his legacy. 

Then he turn towards Banryu and Suho, eyes full of hatred but they were sad, they were exhausted and worried - Banryu must still be worried on what's the fate of his father despite him not agreeing with the older (will his father have to pay the price for his actions?). Suho, he haven't met his father and sister once after the escape, no news whatsover, knowing how much his family are against Park Yong-shill - they must be in tight situations. 

His trains of thought got interrupted when he felt Sunwoo's hand holds his trembling ones. He turn towards the other and Sunwoo smile assuring at him - despite not able to see with the mask covering his face. As if that the other knows what's on his mind, what kind of turmoil he's going through. He squeeze Sunwoo's hand back grateful as how it comforts him in so many ways. 

''Okay, as we planned, don't try anything out of it, I know all of you want to avenge, save and help your family but right now our focus is to bring Yong-shill down. For as long as that bastard is standing tall we will suffer and so as your family, or worst die for nothing and in vain just like your loved ones.'' Sunwoo look at the boys one by one making it clear and straightforward. They nod their head without a word. 

They waited for a moment until the party slowed down and most of the officials passed out drunk or have left to their room. Hangsung turn to them as on queue Suho and Banryu made the first move as they were task to head into the other side of the palace building. Then followed by Hangsung with Yeo Wool stationed themselves at the celebration area and finally Jidwi and Sunwoo heading towards the main part of the castle where the Queen's room used to be which now is occupied with Park Yong-shill.

Sunwoo easily paralyzed the two guards that were standing in front of the room and Jidwi gently opened the door as he peak inside seeing the lights are still illuminating the room. He signal Sunwoo to follow him and they closed the door shut making their way inside quietly. They stopped when they heard voices talking at the other side of the room. They could hear water splashing. ''You have to be gentle my dear.'' The older man's voice spoke. Jidwi turn towards Sunwoo eyes widen as they were expecting the Park Yong-shill to be alone. 

''Sorry your highness.'' A female vulnerable voice was heard. Sunwoo's heart dropped as he recognize who it belong too. ''Be like your friend here.'' The old bastard speaks again and they peak carefully seeing the two familiar girls uncomfortably helping Park Yong-shill bathing as he sat inside the bathtub. Ah-Ro and Kim Soo-yeon stood closed to each other. Jidwi grab Sunwoo's arm knowing how much the other would want to jump and beat the old man into a pulp. Sunwoo stared at the hand holding him back and look up at the other's eyes pleading him to not make any move. 

He let out a breath and calm his nerve retreating his steps back. ''You both should be grateful that I didn't take your life. Despite of what your brothers have done. I'm being kind with the both of you as compare to others. The Seok's family however did not received the same fate.'' He chuckled. ''I wonder if the boy had seen their bodies?'' He said amused. ''I purposely left them that way as a warning. Maybe it could shake the boy a little. Do you know him?'' He suddenly question them. 

''Who are you talking about your highness?'' Ah-ro shakily asked. Sunwoo and Jidwi knows how much it pains for the girl to pretend like it's not affecting her. She were closed to Hangsung. ''Ohh Miss Ah-ro you opt to know the boy, you used to nurse the hwarangs, he is not hard to missed. I heard he's Seok's only hope in continuing their legacies but I also know he was a hopeless case. But to me nothing is hopeless, I have a lot of plan for him and the rest of the hwarang. People are willing to sacrifice and give so much just to survive.'' He smirked.

The girls kept quiet and continue with their washing. ''Alright, out both of you.'' The old man ordered and they quickly bowed and hurries to leave the room almost letting out a scream seeing two man in mask stood nearby the door but luckily Jidwi has already remove his mask. Their eyes widen in shocked standing frozen but Sunwoo already signaling them to keep quiet and to leave immediately. They didn't waste time and make their way out of the room closing it behind them.

Only then Jidwi steps away as Sunwoo rushed in towards the old man who was standing in front of the mirror using his clothes. Before Yong-shill could let out a sound, a swords already aiming at his neck. "Any sound and I won't hesitate to slit your throat.'' He threatened. ''Such bravery.'' The old man chuckled. ''You find everything amusing don't you.Bastard!'' Sunwoo grips tighter. ''You know you won't get away with this right? You kids really need to just stay put.'' Yong-shill greeted his teeth. 

Sunwoo ignores him as he dragged the old man into a chair shoving him harshly on to it still with the knife aiming on the neck. ''I'm actually excited to see where this is going? Tell me my young king, what is your plan?'' He Looked at Jidwi smirking. ''I'm actually surprised to see how fast you come back to your feet. You are your mother's child after all.'' He said amused. 

Jidwi lean down. ''You are sure one twisted man. My mother might be vicious but she was clever enough to know your tactics and maybe just maybe she had shared it with me.'' The younger's turn to smirk. ''Are you trying to scare me, boy?'' Yong-shill laugh. ''No, are you scared though?'' He chuckled. ''You know Yong-shill, I used to despise my mother of how she treated me. She was not comforting, warmth and some part of me thought she even hated me. But recently I realized why she had to be that way, why she had to send her child away, forbidden him from coming to his own home, continuously on persisting to hide his identity.'' Jidwi's voice rises as his mind brought back to those memories.

''And then when I did came back, I was constantly having people trying to kill me. Everyone who as much recognize me or seen my face would cost them their life.'' He paused looking at Sunwoo with sad eyes, the other only shook his head as to tell him to not feel guilty anymore. That he's accepted the fact his best friend died wrongfully but it was not Jidwi's fault, it wasn't Jidwi who killed his friend, it wasn't Jidwi who ordered to kill, Jidwi was suffering with guilt and nightmare.

Jidwi take a deep breath. ''Everything was because of you. Your plan has caused so many lives and yet here you are not stopping. How many more has to be sacrifices for you to reach your goal? Are you going to even jeopardize the people of Silla?'' The younger screamed. Yong-shill only let out a chuckle. ''I do not expect you to understand what I'm trying to achieve here. It was years of planning. Well yes there's casualty along the way but the did not die in vain...'' He replied carelessly but not able to finish his sentences when Jidwi grasp his shirt. 

''Did not die in vain?! You're crazy bastard! You do not care for the people, you do not care for the lives you've taken away, you do not care about the people you call family, you do not care for anyone! Why do you want the throne badly?'' Jidwi questioned. The older man only laugh as he stare at the boy in front of him. ''So naive and innocent. This is not about the people. This is about power. People needs power to survive. To be respected, to be feared. Even your mother knows that. And practiced it. Accept your destiny my young king and this will be over. No one else has to die. It your life or them'' He spoke calmly. 

Jidwi gulp and took out his swords. ''Jidwi..'' Sunwoo said hesitantly. ''You want to kill me don't you? Like I killed your mother, your people.'' The older kept going. ''Shut up!'' Sunwoo hissed as the old man that are still at the mercy of his knife. ''Jidwi, please. Don't let him get to you. Stick to the plan.'' He pleads. Jidwi look at him hands shaking. ''My mother told me the only way for this to end is for you to die.'' He glared at the old man. ''You're going to kill me now?'' Yong-shill said amused. The young king smirked as he raise his swords, on cue commotions was heard from outside. 

''Ahh, they pulled through.'' He smile proudly which caused the old man to look at him confuse. ''What did you do?'' He yelled trying to freed himself frantically. ''Not so cocky now are you?'' Sunwoo laugh while holding him place. ''Your partners might have heard you overturned Silla and taking the credit on your owned while giving them dust.'' Jidwi said casually. The old man's eyes widen. ''Yes, you're not the only one can spill your country's secret.'' He told him. 

"Park Yongshill show yourself right now!'' He heard from outside his door. The old man stood up shakily. He walk slowly towards the door and opened them only to faced soldiers with weapons aiming at him. Far end stood a general, a familiar face he's been meeting up outside of Silla. Prince of Baekje's right hand man. ''You think you could hide away and live as king of this nation after what you've caused?'' The general screamed. '''What are you talking about general? Why don't you ask your men to lower down their weapons and let us speak like civil people. There's no need for this kind of chaos. 

The general chuckled. ''Now you want to talk? Unfortunately I'm only a messenger. My duty here is to capture you. Alive or dead.'' He replied menacingly. ''There's no need to be hostile my general. I'm an old man who always kept to my words.'' He tried to reasoned again. ''You told my king you would immediately reached out to us once the Queen are dead. But my king had waited long enough. Not a single letter was received after we heard you have seize the palace. You even hold a celebration.''He snarl.

''A celebration without our king? In a quest he had contribute so much on? Park Yongshill are you wishing for death?'' The general point his swords at the old man. ''I would never ever even thought of that. Your king has misunderstood. Everything has been happening too fast and I am still settling a lot of mess here before I would invite the your king. And you should know I'm not officially the ruler of this nation yet. I'm convinced your king would understand the process.'' Park Yongshill kept his calm. 

The general lower his swords. ''We have some obstacle to remove first.'' He said greeting his teeth. ''What is that obstacle?'' General Hwang pressed. ''You see the son is still alive.'' He paused. ''He's actually here with us now.'' He continued with a smirk on his face. He turns to look behind him only to see emptiness wiping away the smile. ''Where is he?'' General Hwang questioned.

''He's in the palace. With his friends. IT's not hard to recognize them. Catch them and this all will end. Your king will finally get the recognition he deserved. I will keep my promise.'' He told them. ''Kill every suspicious young men in the palace. Now!'' Genereal Hwang ordered and the soldiers scattered away. Park Yongshill let out a breathe. 

Jidwi and Sunwoo kept moving trying to dodge the chaos happening around them. They stumble into someone or something already having their swords out only yo lowered them seeing Yeo Wool terrified face. ''Yeo Wool! You're okay! Where's the others? We need to leave now. Silla's officials are arriving and they will finally witness Park Yongshill's cunning plans. The general of Baekje is here. We gotta go.'' Jidwi spoke quickly.

But Yeo Wool wont move. ''We can..we cant. The others. They're killing them. Everyone is dying.'' He rambles. ''What? Yah Yeo Wool!'' Sunwoo shake his shoulder. ''Where are they?'' He asked desperately. Before they could pressed further for answer the sound of footsteps running approaches them. ''We gotta go now!'' Sunwoo hissed pulling his in shock friend with him. But they were surrounded by soilders. Swords aiming at them. ''Move and we will kill you!'' One of the men ordered. 

They were led to the an opened ground where many more young men were forced to kneel down. ''Keep Jidwi hidden.'' Sunwoo whispered to them. Jidwi was to out of it seeing the many bodies on the ground, the injured young men, some of them are in their hwarang's cloth. Is there where they were held since their Hwarang Palace was attacked. Where's Hangsung? Where's Suho? Where's Banryu? His eyes kept roaming around to spot any of their faces but failed. His thought has started to cause him headache when a hand reached his tremble ones caressing it gently. Jidwi look beside him to see Sunwoo staring ahead but there were worries in his eyes. Fear even. 

Park Yongshill arrives with guards escorting him. ''Check everyone of them. Find him!'' He ordered. His soldiers proceed to scattered around. ''Jinheung-ahh if you are here, show yourself! Why do you keep making these innocent people lose their life for you. You know how many young life had to be killed tonight? How much more will it be enough?'' The old man chuckled as he roamed around the area looking at each young men on the ground. 

Not a single sound was heard as everyone kept quiet. Fear and helplessness could be felt. ''Oh what do we have here?'' Park Yongshill said excitedly. Jidwi peak a look to see Suho being grasp by two of the guard. ''Ohh another one.'' The older let out a laugh and small figure Hangsung was pulled up to a stand. Another pair of guard holding him secure. ''Tell me where's your friends hiding?'' He questioned calmly. Suho only clench his fist his mouth shut. He throw a glare at the older. 

Hangsung on the other hand kept his eyes downwards but also kept his mouth quiet. ''You boys really getting to my nerve. Let me ask you again, where is your other friends?'' He asked voice stern. ''Here.'' Suho replied. ''Here? Where?'' Yongshill asked again. ''All over this place. The hwarangs. They're our friends and they're here. Being held by you. You're not getting away with this!'' The younger raised his voice. Park Yongshill let out a laugh looking at the guards as they also burst into laughter. 

''Your determination is to be admired but it's foolish to be acting this way especially in your situation right now.'' The old man said menacingly. ''Maybe you still think you're one of young masters. Spoil little brat. Right now boy, even your family rank and name can't save you. For the last time, where is Kim Jidwi?'' He close the space between them. 

Silence as nobody said a word and Suho didn't even flinch when he was pushed to the ground. ''Still trying to be arrogant?'' He chuckled and nod at the two guards that was holding Hangsung as the boy was too pushed to the ground but the only different is that two swords then was aimed at him. Suho struggled to move seeing the situation. ''Yah! Let me go!'' He yelled trying to free himself but kept failing. ''Now tell me where is your friend.'' Yongshill signal one of guard as he pressed the blade on one of Hangsung's arms earning a yelp. ''Stop!'' Suho yelled hysterically. ''You BASTARD!'' he continued. ''I've asked you nicely but you trying to play games with me, guest we have to do the hard way.''Yongshill said simply.

''We don't know! We don't know where they are right now! We were separated as we were captured. WE DON'T KNOW! LET HIM GO!'' Suho said frantically. ''You expect me to believe that? You boys are stupid but not dumb enough to barge in to the castle without a solid plan. And I doubt they would leave you two here to die.'' Yongshill said disbelief and signal the guard again. The blade press even further and this time Hangsung let out a scream and wanted to free himself but was hold them with full forced. 

Suho's eyes widen. ''Yah! I'm telling the truth! We really don't know! HURT ME INSTEAD OKAY! LEAVE HIM ALONE!'' Suho begged voice cracking. ''And why should I do what you want?'' The older man smirked and nod his head at the guard again. This time another blade went through just above Hangsung's heart in a quick pace and the blade was pulled out again blood coming out. The boy let out a choke as he scream in pain. ''STOP! HANGSUNG!'' Suho screamed trying to reach the boy desperately.

Just then an arrow went straight to 2 of the guard's chest that was holding Suho. Still in shock with tears running down his face, he quickly approach his injured younger friend. The other 2 guard was already on the ground with arrow struck on their chest. Park Yongshill eyes wonder everywhere trying to find where the attack came from. He was pulled by one of the soldier trying to get in a safe place. More arrows fly in only attacking Yongshill's people. Suho waste no time as he carried the younger in his arms. Everyone was running around in chaos, even the guards couldn't contained the panic as they're busy trying to dodge the arrows.

Park Yongshill was about to make an escape when his feet stop seeing Jidwi waiting for him with a sword in his hand. He approached the older man as every attack that was coming his way was handled by his friends and he could see how even the other Hwarangs turn to help him. Park Yongshill couldn't hide his fear as nothing is stopping the boy from coming at him. Two guards stood in front of him but Jidwi fight them without struggled as they both lay flat on the ground and now he was left alone unguard. With chaos going on. 

''You have no way to run now. Not even your Baekje ally can get you out of this.'' Jidwi told him pointing his sharp end swords at the older who only stood in surprise. His eyes then look behind the boy to see Silla's main general with armys behind him, Princess Sookmyung stood strong beside him. ''In fact I  they're already  escape the palace leaving you here. But they wont get away and the moment they speak you are done. All your dirty deeds will be exposed.Even their king can't save any of you!'' Jidwi raised his voice.

Jidwi maintained his swords still aiming at the older. ''You won.'' Yongshill simply said. No remorse on his face on regret in his tone. Jidwi swung his swords towards the older men but he stopped sharp reaching his neck. ''Won? You think this is a game?! Those lives! Those lives that was taken away! The chaos you brought into Silla! You think this is some sick game?! YOU BASTARD!'' He yelled in rage. 

His whole body is shaking as he manage to look around the dead body on the ground. His hwarangs friend, classmate, Hangsung in Suho's arms and Ah-ro approached in panic trying to stop the blood, the image of his mother taking her last breath in his arms, Sun Woo's best friend bleeding to death, and the many death that he probably didn't even know. A tear fell down his cheek. ''Kill me then!'' His eyes snap back at the older in front of him. ''KILL ME! Isn't that what you want?'' He taunt. 

His hands shakes but the swords never moves away from the older's neck. ''JIDWI!'' Sun Woo yelled from the distance. Not even seconds later the other arrives next to him. ''Jidwi..'' He said softly. He doesn't have to say anything and Jidwi knows what he's trying to say. ''Too afraid to take a life, boy?'' Yongshill chuckled. ''How are you even ready to be a king if you can't even take a life? You're too weak to even do that? What if more people like me comes around? The world is a scary place! How are you meant to keep Silla safe?'' He pressed further.

''Definitely by not being dirty as you. Death would be too easy for you. You deserved to be punish, tortured and feel 10 times amount of pain for the many lives you've hurt, taken by you. They deserved that justice! To answer your question, I know how scary this world can be. I've been running to save my life since I was 7. I know how scary it is that I cant get good night sleep without a sword in my hand fear of death might be around the corner. I witness so many death in front of me, death because of me and I wasn't able to do anything about it.'' His voice tremble but his posture didn't deflate. 

He lowered his swords. ''If I came across more people like you in the future. I will make sure they pay for their sins, their disgusting deeds, I will make sure they wished they were dead and begged for forgiveness for the people they wronged, begged for their life to end. Because death would be an easy way out. I hope your old body can last long enough for that.'' He said and the soldiers came rushing as they apprehended the older men.  

They took him away as Jidwi falls to the ground in which Sunwoo immediately kneel down close to him. ''Are you hurt?'' He asked worried. Jidwi look up at the other eyes glistening and finally the damp broke. He pulled Sun Woo into a hug. The other was surprised but circle his arm protectively around the young king as he sob his heart. ''It's over now. You did it. You're safe now. You did it Jidwi-ahh.'' He kissed Jidwi's forehead and just hold him knowing Jidwi deserved this cry of relieved, so he lets him. 

2 years later

Jidwi pout as he stare at the mirror in front of him. He let out a sigh as he walk towards the bed. Sighing again he sat down. He glare at the paper on top of the bed. He snatch it and read the content again. ''This is ridiculous.'' He whine. ''It's been 6 months...'' He sigh sadly. He fold the letter putting it aside. He stare at the empty bed feeling his eyes glistening. 

He curse at himelf. ''Yah Jinheung! Stop being a baby.'' He hissed and got up from his bed going out of his room. Two guards outside greet him. He then turn to the corridor with his Pa-oh follows him along. He stopped at the library, then Pa-oh left him alone as he requested. His mood lift up seeing Hangsung on one of the wooden table with stack of books falling asleep on one of them. ''Yah! Hangsung-ahh!'' He yelled surprised the younger as he stood immediately. ''I wan not sleeping!'' He said automatically. 

Jidwi laugh as he approach the younger. Hansung rubs his eyes and glare at the older. ''Your Majesty.'' He nod respectfully and sat down. ''How many times did I said not to do that?" Jidwi hissed. ''Well you are the king of this country. Besides I'm in a palace, my brother always said to be respectful and have manners.'' The younger explain. 

The aura changed a little at the mentioned of Hangsung's family. All trail of playfulness gone. Hangsung sense it and look up at the older. He frowns. ''Hyung, can you not act that way everytime I mentioned my family. I'm fine. It does not bother me much anymore.'' Hangsung tried to convince the king. ''You know it's a lie if you said it doesn't bother you anymore Hangsung-ahh.'' Jidwi replied. 

''Maybe it does but I'm better now. What bothers me now is how you're always walking on egg shells around me. Especially when I mentioned my family. How many times do I have to say it's not your fault.'' The younger sighed frustrated. Jidwi let out a breath. ''Okay I believe you.'' He whispered and what warms his heart is how Hansungs demeanor changed. His boxy smile appears. ''Good! Now what are you doing here hyung?'' He questioned flipping to another page of the book he's reading. ''Yah! I can't even come to my own library now?'' He asked skeptical. 

Hansung roll his eyes. ''It's not that but you almost never comes here beside you've read half of the book here already. Unless...'' He look up at the older wiggling his eyebrows. ''What?..'' Jidwi glare at him stuttering. ''You must have received a letter from Sun woo's-hyung right?'' He asked cheekily. ''What makes you say that?'' Jidwi said bemused. ''Because I've received letter from Yeo Wool-hyung too.'' He answered simply.

''What is that got to do with me?'' The king questioned back. ''In that letter says that they couldn't come back from the mission for another year..'' before the younger could finish his sentence Jidwi stood up. ''WHAT?! 1 year? In my letter Sun Woo said they're gonna be back in 3 months. What do you mean another year?!'' He asked exasperatedly. 

Jidwi could really feel tears coming out and he does not even care if he looks pathetic in front of his young friend. ''Hyung...'' Hangsung got up from his seat moving to the one beside Jidwi. ''Are you crying?'' He asked concerned. Jidwi wipe his face quickly and shook his head. ''Just something in my eyes.'' He whispered. ''You really think that's a good lie?'' Hansung roll his eyes. ''Do you miss him so much, hyung?'' The younger questioned softly. Jidwi looked down on his hands. ''You don't have to be embarrassed admitting that you miss him, hyung.'' Hangsung told him.

''I miss Yeo-Wool-hyung too. But they're on a mission. Mission for our country.'' He explained. ''I know that. I'm the one who instruct them for the mission but...'' He trail off. ''But it's hard sometimes right? Having to send your lover away for a mission when in your heart you're clearly just want him by your side. And your fear of him not ever coming back safely.'' Hangsung smile sadly at the older.

Jidwi let out a breath. ''But it's our duty Hangsung-ahh. My duty. And Sun woo's duty. It's been 2 years but I'm still having trouble getting used to all this.'' He signal his hand around them. ''Of course hyung, we're young men. I wouldn't imagine if I'm in your position.'' Hangsung grimaced. ''Yah! That's because you're such a free spirit.'' Jidwi slap the back of his head which the younger whine a little.

''I never regret it though. Having to rule Silla. Having to become the king of Silla. I've prepared my whole life for it. With everything I've went through to get here. How could I even regret it one bit?'' Jidwi smile to himself. ''Or you're just happy that with everything you went through, you came across Sun woo-hyung.'' The younger said cheekily. ''Yah!'' Jidwi hand shoot up wanting to slap the boy's hand again but Hangsung got up immediately running for his life. 

Jidwi rubs his shoulder feeling the cold air. With his face covered he look in the distance, thinking how beautiful the moon tonight. Then he let out a sigh. He knows he shouldn't be out here, hence why he had to be secretive. The young king should be in his castle, protected by the thick brick walls and palace guards. Being Jidwi who had been living outside of the palace for almost throughout his life, he could not help but feel suffocated at times. 

That is why he will have random night  time that he would discretely leave his humble palace with Pa-Oh and two guards by his side. He would just walk around on the empty street as all of his people has already closed their shops, staying inside their house and getting ready to bed. It was calming. This is also the way he could inspect the city. Making sure nobody is doing illegal stuff at night. Since he became their king  2 years ago, he has manage to get the beggars on the street a proper place to stay. He build one home stay just for these people, where they could have proper food, clothes and settled in then they could find proper work too. 

Jidwi went out of his way to change Silla for the better and sometimes these might be trivial to others but well-being of his people is important, especially when he himself has witness so many injustice and hardships his people had faced. ''How long more do you wish to be outside, Your majesty?'' Pa-Oh stood beside him. Jidwi tur to him with a pout and advert his eyes towards the entrance to the city. ''This has been the 4th night you stood here until dawn waiting for Master Sunwoo.'' The older told him in concern. ''I'm just worried you might catch a cold and get sick.'' He express his concern. 

Jidwi bite his tongue.  He so wanted to say something back but he knows the older man was right. He does not have the best body condition. ''Just give me a moment.'' He replied solemnly staring at the high thick wooden door longingly. Pa-Oh bowed and move away from him. They stood there for another few hours and Jidwi couldn't help but shed a tear. Maybe it's just the chilly weather? Maybe his body finally grew tired of hoping so much? But he wipe it away as another falls. He clench his first biting a sobs from escaping. 

Then the door of the entrance opens. His body straighten. Came in few man on a horse immediately his eyes search for him the person he's been waiting for months. Finally his eyes catches them. He didn't even warn his guards or even Pa-Oh as he sprint away from where they stood. ''SUNWOO!'' He screams. He didn't care if he wakes the whole town but this man needs to know that he is there and he's heading towards him.

Sunwoo that just got down from his horse turns towards the voice as his eyes widen in shock but follow with with wide smile and he expand his both hand right away and the young king went in to embrace which Sunwoo hold him securely. Then out of nowhere Sunwoo felt pain down his feet, Jidwi was no longer in his arms, in face he was glaring at him with teary eyes. ''Did you.. did you just?'' He was speechless. ''Yes, I stomp on your feet!'' He told him and walk away leaving a confuse Sunwoo. 

Pa-Oh then appear bowing at him welcoming the younger back but could not hide his smirk. ''What is going on Pa-Oh ahh?'' He tried to ease the throbbing pain on his feet. ''He waited for you for too long Master. His Majesty has been leaving the castle often especially these past few days and he would wait staring at the town entrance until dawn. I guest you have a lot of to make up too.'' The older man bows again as he chase after the young king. 

Sunwoo hearts swells, he knows how long he has left for the mission. Longer than Jidwi's estimated time. Yes, the orders was from the young king but certain thing cannot be control, like how hard was it for him and his troop to find a place just to get papers and quill, so he could send a letter back. 

He knows how worried the young king must be, sometimes waiting for news for months, not knowing his condition. The mission was simple and nothing near danger but Jidwi has been living his life fearing for his life, constantly having to look at his back in case anyone would attack him. And that fear will never go away no matter how many years past by. ''Where's His Majesty? I thought I saw him?'' Suho, Banryu and Yeo-Wool appear beside him.

''Yeo-Wool, I suggest you go look for Hangsung now or you're gonna received the same faith as me.'' He gulp making sure horses are settling in before walking away with them. ''What? What do you mean? What's wrong with Hangsung? Is he okay?'' The other starts to throwing question. ''Yah! Calm down. Nothing happen to him, it's just when is the last time you actually wrote to him? If Jidwi could be this vengeful towards me, Hangsung probably will sulk for the next 5 years.'' He warn his friend who already paled. ''Okay, see you guys later!'' He did not waste anytime and sprint away from them. 

Suho chuckled. ''At least we don't know how that feels, right Ban-Ban?'' He turn towards Banryu who blush like crazy. Sunwoo choke at that. ''Yah, if you both are in that situation, you proBabably would beat him to death then lock him in a cell, so he could reflect himself.'' Sunwoo snorted. ''You really think I'm that cruel?!'' Suho exclaimed. ''Not cruel but unreasonable dramatic.'' He replied back which earn a slap on his head. 

''Yah Ban-Ban, do something about this man! He's been getting to my nerve for the past months and now we're back here he has still not change. He deserve that kick from Jidwi.'' Suho complains. ''See, dramatic. I need to go. I'll see yo guys around. Get some rest and spend time with your family.'' He told them now sounding like their head general. They both smile and nod. Then they walk away holding hands disappearing from his sight. 

He smiles fondly looking at his friends. It's been two years since the whole ordeal. It almost feel weird how normal and content things have been for them. They gotten closer even after Jidwi was announce as the King of Silla. Feelings blossoms and love happens. It's not always easy but they know they always make it through. 

Sunwoo finally reached in front of Jidwi's room. With both guards bowing at him and leaving further away. It's a routine now in the palace. Everyone already knows their relationships. Everyone respect it. Sunwoo should be thankful because of how kind, warmth and justice Jidwi as a king to his people, everyone wants to protect him and serve him right. That is why it was easier to be accepted. 

He enters the room and close the door gently behind him. Jidwi was laying in bed facing the other side. He put down his swords and make his way towards the king slowly not wanting to startle him. He sat behind him rubbing his shoulder. ''Jidwi-ahh? You're not sleeping right?'' He asked gently only his hand to be shove away. He smile at that. ''Why not you turn around and we have that talk you been waiting for? Then again, maybe change your cloth into comfortable one.'' He frown realizing how the young king was still in his outing clothes. 

Jidwi sit up but look down at his hands. Sunwoo grabs those hands in his caressing it gently. ''Are you still upset?'' He asked wanting to tease a little. Jidwi look up at him and finally he sees how glistening those eyes looked. Sunwoo gently rubs away the tears that falling down. ''Hey, why are you crying?'' He asked worried. ''Are you feeling sick?'' He check his forehead temperature but it was not that warm which he felt relieved. 

''I thought you're not coming back.'' Jidwi croaked out. ''I almost wanted to search for you out there. I was worried something had happened.'' He explained. Sunwoo cup his face staring at him fondly. ''If you dare to come search for me and jeopardizing your safety , I would not be happy about it.'' He told the young king. ''Why not?'' Jidwi whine. ''Because my job is to protect you. And reasons of you going out there is me then I'm doing the opposite.'' He told him. 

Jidwi got frustrated. ''Don't talk to me like I am only the king of this nation. Your king. You're not just the general of Silla, you're not just my general. You're..'' He paused voice shaking. Sunwoo smiled at that and brought him into a hug. ''I know. I am sorry for speaking that way. But even if I don't think of you as the king of Silla, or my king. I still want to protect you, I would still be more mad at myself for putting you in danger. I would never forgive myself if that happens. You know why?'' He asked and Jidwi only shook his head no.

''Because you meant a lot to me. I love you Jidiw-ahh. I know you were worried. I know how much it pains you and how difficult it s to stay at where you are even though your heart screams wanting to blindly go out there and search for me, for us. But you did not, you hold back because you know your responsibility as this nation's King. I am proud of you. I have no other excuse to give for the long journey but I am here now. Not leaving you.'' He felt his own tears about to slip when Jidwi sobs in his arms. He knows the king needs nothing more than just to be in his arms feeling safe and secure.

Sunwoo open his eyes squinting it as the sun blazing bright. Jidwi is his arms move a little but not making any sign he's awake. He stare at the boy in his arms. How peaceful he looks. All those memories came back to him how he used to despise the other and slowly falling deeply in love with the young king. How he found 5 great friends that he trust with his heart. His best friends must be smiling up there because he remembers how much he wishes he found happiness one day and he did. Before his thought could go any further, Jidwi stir in his arms opening his eyes slowly. Sunwoo smile at him as he lean down and kissed the young king on the lips. Another make-up session happens. 

Hey guys!

Fuhh END! Wow that took really long to finish.

I'm so bad at updating, I hope you guys are still reading and like the ending.

Honestly, I had so many feedbacks for this story that I never thought I would get.

I wrote it because I was in love with Hwarang drama and I love the relationship between Sunwoo and Jidwi. 

Do leave some comments & VOTE!

Check out my other stories, currently I'm writing a TAEKOOK book. 

Thank you so much for reading and supporting this book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 329 8
This is the story of a couple who have to learn to love each other all over again for different reasons. Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung were so very...
90.8K 5.9K 11
jeongguk and taehyung have been bestfriends for ten years. it's a long time, in retrospect. in the moment too. jeongguk personally doesn't feel like...
29.3K 1.4K 32
"Thank you for completing me, Jaeyun-ah" -Jay "I never thought I'll ever want to share my life with someone as much as I want to share it with you, J...
37.9K 1.6K 34
𝙃𝙖𝙣 𝙟𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰...