Broken (SasuNaru / NaruSasu)

By The_one_with_no_name

Status: Completed They met when they were seven. It was a fated meeting. Friendship grew to attraction and a... More

Announcement!
Prologue
1. Konoha High School
2. Spark
4. Döppleganger
5. Mixed Signals
6. The Culprit
7. The Breaking Point
8. The Kindest Heart
9. Heartbeats
10. Love, Jealousy and Deception
11. The Unspeakable
Small Announcement
12. A Healing Journey Begins
13. Remorse, Redemption and Reconciliation
14. Reunion
15. Dates
16. Love Is An Explosion
Book Cover
Covid-19 Outbreak
17. Home
18. Be My Valentine
19. Namikaze Sora
20. "Papa" vs "Fuck"
21. Withering Dreams
22. Hope
23. Trouble In Paradise
24. Loneliness
25. Help
26. Family Matters
27. Misfits
28. Broken Heart, Broken Mind
29. Jealousy
30. Unbreakable Bond
31. Invisible Pain
32. Giving Him Up
33. Girlfriends and Best Friends
34. The Pendant.
35. The Third Wheel
36. The Secret
37. Longing
38. Selflessness
39. The Future
40. The Ramen That Changed Everything
41. Unexpected Turn
42. Miracles
Wattpad Rant
43. Parenting 101
44. Torture
45. Inseparable
46. The Five Stages of Grief
47. Love and Loss
48. Together Forever
Thanks
10K Special Announcement

3. Knight in Shining Armor

4K 120 205
By The_one_with_no_name

Naruto had started to believe that everything would be alright. He didn't deal with as many physical symptoms; other than some fainting that occurred occasionally and the usual chest discomfort. He was happy to be back to school. Yes, he indeed was happy. That meant he would be seeing Sasuke more and the thought alone made him feel excited.

"Tadaima!" he heard his mother's loving voice and he peeked from the kitchen.

"Okaeri, Kaasan" he smiled. She had seen her boy transform back to his old self; to some extent. However, a mother always worries about her child. He gave her a warm hug, it was something he hadn't done for what seemed to be ages. She had longed to it.

"Did something happen while I was away?"

"Am I not allowed to miss my mother?" he asked and Kushina hit him in the head for a smart remark. He apologized and she stopped remembering how Minato would have interfered to calm her down. "I made your favourite" He held her hand with both his and excitedly pulled her in for dinner. 'she came just in time' he thought to himself.

Kushina almost tripped as he hadn't given her time to collect herself. She gracefully caught up to him and saw the salt ramen on the table. It was her favourite, but she loved it even more when Naruto would make it. The first time he made it for her, he was ten and it was for her birthday.

"Thank you Naruto-Kun" her eyes glistened and she kissed her son's cheek, seemingly proud of him. They sat down together head to head and enjoyed dinner. She couldn't remember when the last time she enjoyed dinner without worry was. It didn't matter; before her sat her one of a kind hyperactive kid. Her hand travelled to the necklace Naruto gave her. She always has Minato with her. He's with her, even though not physically.

"Naruto-Kun, thank you for letting me be your mother." She smiled at him, he always found it odd when she said that. He never really understood what she meant by that. She gave him life; he didn't really choose to be born to her and Minato. But he couldn't have asked for better parents.

He blushed at her words, "I should be thanking you for being the greatest mother in the world" he cleared his throat and Kushina chuckled at the evident shyness in her son. He was thankful, 'she hadn't noticed, yet'.

She was rushed to get rest. Naruto cleaned up the mess, casually talking to his dog. When she woke up the following day; he had prepared both breakfast and lunch for her. She noticed his cheeks were unusually red but mistook it for being embarrassed by her compliments. In reality, Naruto got himself sick and had been trying to keep it away from her, knowing she would overreact.

It was his second return day to school, he got dressed and left. He walked to school. He was the only one walking, the spring breeze carrying the bittersweet smell of cherry blossom trees. He saw a familiar figure walking the same uphill path to their school.
"Sasuke-Kun" he called excitedly running over to his classmate "good morning!" he chirped.

"Hm, Usuratonkashi" He eyed the blond for a second then looked away trying to calm his beating heart. Naruto's smile had to be his weakness. It wasn't like Sasuke to walk to school but this was the path Naruto took to and from school. This was Sasuke's way of showing Naruto he wanted to spend time with him.

The two teens did not notice the group of strangers coming from behind them, but they saw the one approaching from ahead. Some carried clubs but those were the least dangerous of the weapons they had. Naruto was first to read their malicious intent.

His instinct to protect Sasuke kicked in, holding the latter's hand and pulling him behind him; only to notice that there were three approaching from behind. The mobsters were sent by one guy. He wanted revenge on Naruto, obviously, he stressed on not hurting the Uchiha even though he was the one who stopped him from harming the blond.

Sasuke was ready to fight too, there was only one problem: he had never fought against armed guys. He did not know how to react to the situation; he felt a hand push him to the side protectively. Naruto did not even show a moment's hesitation, only shooting glances at Sasuke. He figured they were after him when no one attempted to attack Sasuke. That is until one of them saw the Uchiha on the phone.

"Sasuke-teme!!" Naruto yelled at the top of his lungs, he took care of the two guys between them and ran to the one going for Sasuke. His hand reached the assailant's arm before the machete reached Sasuke's head. Sasuke had seen his life flash before his eyes. He slid down in shock not even hearing the crack of bone that characterized Naruto breaking the criminal's arm.

The guy was screaming in pain. His mates, even more, wanted to teach the new boy a lesson; but they were hesitant. They have not even been able to land a single hit on him and he seemed to be getting serious now.

Naruto eyed his opponents and dropped his backpack then walked ahead leaving the shocked Uchiha to recover. He was not going to just play defence anymore. When he cracked his fingers, they dropped everything and ran away. 'There is no way this boy is human' they collectively thought. This was not what they signed up for.

Naruto rushed to his classmate. No, he rushed to his crush.
"Sasuke, are you alright?" the Uchiha was as pale as snow, his eyes shot wide in horror and fixated on the machete that was only a few inches away from him. His breathing went from soft to audible as he was in a panic. "Look at me...look at me" Naruto came between him and the blade; blocking his view. "You're okay; I won't let anyone hurt you."

Sasuke saw those Turquoise eyes, as clear as beach water. His voice as truthful as his actions so Sasuke only pulled him in for a hug; his mind still scrambling to make sense of what had just happened. Naruto wrapped his arms around him, it was all too familiar for the blond: the fear of losing someone you love. It wasn't long that Itachi was in the scene.

"Sasuke!" he rushed to his brother's side, he freaked out when he read the text message from his brother initially. He only saw weapons on the ground and the two boys in a silent embrace on the ground.

Naruto pulled away despite Sasuke's silent pleading to not leave his side. A plea that Naruto failed to notice; he let the vice-principal check on his beloved baby brother.

Itachi was thankful Naruto was with him. He knew the boy was a martial art genius amongst other things but he never thought him capable of fending off a group of armed assailants to the point where they'd drop their weapons and run.

His mind rushed to his own boyfriend. He remembered that night as if it had just happened.

Itachi was eighteen, he had just finished his PhD thesis in education and psychology.

It was winter, fresh snow filled the ground. The air thin and dry and the night long and cold. He was walking home with his classmate. Silver spiky hair, holding his briefcase over his shoulder with one hand. He admired Kakashi so much but he could never admit it to him. After all, Kakashi was admired by all those who had seen his face. That led the man to mainly wear a mask covering the lower half of his face whenever he saw him in open public areas.

They had parted ways as usual and Itachi found himself pinned against the wall. Without his knowledge, Kakashi had the habit of following him to make sure he got home safe.

Itachi wasn't much of a fighter despite having been trained in Kendo in his early years. He didn't like fighting.
"One peep and I'll slit your throat" the voice threatened. "Hand out your paperwork and you can go on your merry way" Itachi wasn't about to give away three years of hard work.

He used the basic self defence moves to break free. It was that opportunity that Kakashi was waiting for. He had used what Minato-sensei had taught him. He wasn't nearly as fast as he should have been.

He suffered a grave injury that night. It nearly left him blinded in his left eye. The perpetrator ran away at the sight of blood.
"Kakashi senpai!" He got on his knees near the man and moved his hand away. His hand holding Kakashi's and the other calling for help on the phone.

It was after that accident that he mustered the courage to ask Kakashi out.

They have been together for almost four years now; without his brothers' knowledge.

Naruto went through his backpack and handed Sasuke a bottle of water. If this was the guy his brother liked, he was fine with it. He knew he was a good person and he obviously put his life on the line to protect his precious brother yet again.

They spoke to the police and Itachi didn't want the boys to skip school so he agreed to drive them to the police station later that day.
"I wasn't scared," Sasuke said out of nowhere.

"Of course you weren't, Sasuke" Naruto replied pleasing his classmate. The blond had dropped the honorifics all of a sudden and he liked how his name sounded with none. Sasuke noted that the sunkissed teen wasn't being sarcastic either, he genuinely said that.

Naruto knew the Uchiha was scared shitless, he almost died, anyone would have been scared. But he was trying to make the boy feel better and if this little white lie was going to help then who was he to deprive him of it?

When the duo walked in class, it had gone silent. Eyes landed more on the new kid: astonishment, admiration, resentment, jealousy, anger and a pure set of eyes that genuinely were too lazy to care.

Sasuke could think more clearly with time. He saw the hyperactive boy that sat next to him was unusually calm. His eyes closing and opening slowly, his breathing was short and his cheeks were on the verge of exploding 'Usuratonkachi is sick' he figured out. He had noticed a couple of days ago but the boy claimed he had just finished working out. He had believed that lie like a fool.

He had kept an eye on Naruto until the bell rang.
"You're sick" Sasuke stated as soon as it was just the two of them. He reached his hand to Naruto's forehead but the latter stopped him midway.

"I'm fine. It's a slight fever" the boys turned to the sudden screaming of girls peeking through the doors of the classroom. They were jealous at the fact Naruto was holding Sasuke's forearm. They were even more jealous knowing Sasuke showed attention to the new kid. It was a mystery to them, why was he so caring towards Namikaze-san?

Sasuke didn't like the prying. He didn't like the fact that he cared for Naruto. He liked him, obviously but he didn't want to admit it. He would never admit it to anyone.
He retrieved his arm and placed his hands in his pockets.
"If it gets worse go see Ogata-san" Sasuke vocalized nonchalantly.

"Where are you going? I brought you lunch" Sasuke stopped, his mouth partially drooling. Naruto's mom (or so Sasuke still believed) sure cooked the most delicious food. "Onigiri Okaka, your favourites you said" Naruto smiled trying to hide his evident sickness.

The bundle of Sunshine handed Sasuke a bento box. Sasuke had wanted it so badly, so much so, he didn't care about the girls eyeing them.
When he accepted the food, it was a simultaneous heartbreak. A united fall of the girls that felt like an earthquake for the rest of the students in school.

"Thank your mom for me" he walked away quickly trying to hide his embarrassment. Naruto just smiled to himself knowing his classmate was a bit on the shy side in front of other people. 'What did he mean by my mom?' his thought interrupted.

"Na...Namikaze-san" her sweet voice called for him. Naruto turned around, only to see the the Hyūga girl from over a month ago. Was she in the classroom all along?

"Ah...Naruto, just Naruto" he waved his hand off in a casual manner. She was older than him and he wasn't a fan of extreme formality between classmates.

"Then you can call me Hinata-chan, Naruto-Kun" she small smiled and blushed when he returned her smile. She had fancied him ever since the day he saved her.

"What can I do for you, Hinata chan?"

She bowed to him instantly "will you please take me in as your Kendo pupil?" Naruto's eyes widened and helped her stand straight. He was ashamed someone who is almost eighteen was bowing to him.

"I....I suggest you join the Kendo club." The boy chirped. He had never taken in a disciple, he didn't consider himself fit for it.

"I did not make the cut. Sasuke-kun said I should give up. I will never be a proper Kenshi" her head hung low, he could see the tears glistening in her lavender eyes.

"Sasuke-teme said that?" He muttered to himself, "then I'll teach you, Dattebayo? We can start today after classes" she lifted her eyes to see his smile. A smile that could wash away all of her insecurities, she thanked him again instinctively bowing and he tried to get her to stop.

They exchanged information and he sat down by himself in the empty classroom. He had some of his lunch in peace and quiet. He heard the door open and saw a masked figure. Naruto caught a glimpse of the knife at the last minute and moved away barely, a streak of hot blood streaming from his cheek. He figured he was one of the guys from the morning or related to them somehow. Why was everyone so focused on him?

"You better stay away from Uchiha Sasuke. Hn.." the voice unclear to determine whether it was a guy or girl. The figure jumped from the window and disappeared in the midst of trees in the school's backyard.

He saw the knife stuck on the map behind him. Doubts surfaced whether the masked guy was with the gang. Perhaps, he was on his own and had other motives. Judging by the words he couldn't process, someone was after him because of Sasuke.

He winced when the adrenaline wore off and he could feel the tingling of the wound on his face. Naruto took the knife using a napkin and used a tissue to put pressure on his wound. He wanted to talk to the principal but he only found Itachi available.

He didn't even wait as he just barged in.
"I'm being targeted." He barked "I want to revoke the scholarship terms. I don't feel safe in here"

Itachi scanned the boy, one hand on his cheek, blood soaked napkin caught his attention.
"Tell Ogata-san to come here immediately" he ordered his assisstant, his eyes travelled to the kunai knife in Naruto's hand. Blood on the edge of it, Naruto held it carefully not to tarnish any fingerprints; if there were any.

He asked him to sit down and called the police. He was very much aware that a lot of shady figures' children went to this school.
For some reason these kids are targeting Naruto. in Itachi's mind, it mostly had to do with the fact he grew up in a different village. People in Konohagakure were not so accepting of outsiders.

It was for his own safety that they didn't want him to portray his abilities. But the boy was right, his life was in danger. No doubt Itachi had to inform the principal about it all. He knew the latter would not be so happy, considering this had to do with his own nephew.

Tsunade was furious, cursing at Itachi for the lousy security the school had. She also didn't fail to notice Naruto was sick. She figured that was why his reaction time was off.
The police came and took Naruto's statement about today's incidents.

The principal wanted to make sense of it all. Why was someone so hung up on not even just hurting his nephew but killing him.
"I have some phone calls to make...apparently" the principal eyed Naruto shortly who bared a resemblance to his sister. He missed that 'loud bitch'.

It was the first time he had met the principal. Naruto thought his face and voice did not match at all. He had red hair similar to his mother's but his was shoulder length, eyes a piercing brown and a lean beautiful face like that of a woman. His voice, on the other hand, was the deepest he had ever heard. It captured Naruto's attention and he wanted to know more about him.

It wasn't even long that his mother with her flaring red Medusa hair barged in.
She stopped when she saw her older brother. Her eyebrows furrowed angrily and she crossed her arms, a pout on her lips. Why did he think he missed her?

"Still the same obnoxious sassy bitch" Kurama said with no regard to anyone else in the room.

"What did you call me?!!! You better run for your life Dattebane!!!"

Naruto was just looking back and forth at the two adults. Oddly enough, Kurama looked like a more feminine version of his own mother. Not to say that his mother wasn't feminine or beautiful, she would kill him if the thought even as much as crossed his mind.

"What are you going to do if I don't, little sis?" He stood in front of her, broader shoulders, a bit taller than her. He raised his hand and patted her head "it's good to see you, Kushina"

Naruto stood there feeling like an idiot. His mother broke to tears and hugged her older brother. He had heard how they have both addressed each other so casually. He even heard Kurama call her little sis.
"Ya....ya!!!" He looked at his mom. Did he have an uncle he didn't know about? He had other grandparents that she kept from him? Just how many secrets is she keeping?

"Naruto-kun..." His mother called for him.

"No!" He shouted "just how much are you hiding from me, Kaasan?" He didn't wait for a response. He ran out of the office and made his way out of the school needing to be alone.

He stayed in the park near home. Just skipping stones, thinking how it wasn't fair for them to keep these things a secret. They had their reasons, he understood but they could have at least informed him of their existence. He would have been content with just that.

His phone rang for the hundredth time in an hour. He only answered because this was his grandfather.
"Naruto my boy, I heard about what happened. I understand you are hurt. Can we talk? Just you and me"

"Ha, Jiji" he agreed to it, his grandfather has never asked him to talk. He sounded concerned and he wasn't going to deny his very first request.

"I assume you are at your favourite spot?" He asked and Naruto confirmed, it was him who showed him this spot when they just got here. "I'll see you in a bit" he hung up.

He saw his grandfather's signature hairstyle from a mile away. The old man sat down next to his grandson.
"So, what's troubling you?"

It was something he liked about his grandfather. He would go straight to topic, no games no sugarcoating it.
"I'm wondering what else mom is keeping away from me. First it was you guys, I bet if dad were still alive I wouldn't even know about you. And then now I have an uncle. Next thing you know I'll find out I have a brother or a sister..." He said exasperatedly.

The grandfather tapped the teenager's back in a friendly manner.
"Now now, Naruto my boy. I think fear is what leads people to keep secrets"

"Fear of what?" The young one asked intrigued.

"Fear of the unknown. It is easy to think that they should have told you. The you now is not the same You ten years ago. The same with everyone else. They did not know how you would react to the news and what other consequences could occur. So, the safest option, at least from their point of view, is to keep it a secret"

"I see what you mean" the boy hugged his legs closer to his chest. The man ran his hand through the blond's hair next to him.

"I know you miss him. Minato often wondered about his own dad too. I was happy when he finally accepted me. I know I will never take his place but I want you to come to me if you ever need anything okay?"

"Why would I ask for advice from an Ero-sennin!?" Naruto pointed his finger accusingly. Ruining the moment on purpose, he was trying to avoid getting emotional. Deep down, he was happy he could come to his grandfather.

"Ero-sennin??!!!" He hit the boy in the head "respect your elders boy" he crossed his arms and sighed. It's not his fault his erotic novels had more success than his gutsy tales. "let's go home, your mom is waiting for you"

"Jiji...." Naruto smiled "thank you" the man blushed at the comment, scratching his cheek nervously for a second.

He brought the boy closer, resting his head against the blond teenager's. He extended his hand in a fist for a bump and was happy when Naruto bumped his. A small smile painted on Naruto's face, he did not say a single other word.

He knew the boy was opening up more to him, to Tsunade and to Konohagakure altogether. His mother said he was mischievous in nature and troublesome. She also said he often hid his genius behind a stupid look.

Jiraiya couldn't see any of that before but now there was no denying it. The hyperactive kid was making a return.

(A/N: Thanks for your support! 900 reads already! Hope you are enjoying it so far!! I can't wait to break the 1k milestone!! The first 1k milestone is always the hardest!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 8.1K 50
As soon as he became the seventh hokage, the blonde instantly knew that he wanted something...more out of his life, but what? A certain raven seems a...
67.7K 2.1K 48
Hizumi has known Itachi since she was four years old. Being the younger sister of his best friend, Shisui, she has admired him from afar for years. P...
17.3K 624 7
Cr: art fr. Ig; kei.xns Are you willing to still hold on when the other person doesn't even share your feeling in the slightest? Rate: Mature, 18+ D...
78.2K 3.8K 35
Sasuke Uchiha has always wallowed in his pessimism and never knew what home truly meant. After his two plus years of atonement away from Konoha, he r...