Broken (SasuNaru / NaruSasu)

By The_one_with_no_name

Status: Completed They met when they were seven. It was a fated meeting. Friendship grew to attraction and a... More

Announcement!
1. Konoha High School
2. Spark
3. Knight in Shining Armor
4. Döppleganger
5. Mixed Signals
6. The Culprit
7. The Breaking Point
8. The Kindest Heart
9. Heartbeats
10. Love, Jealousy and Deception
11. The Unspeakable
Small Announcement
12. A Healing Journey Begins
13. Remorse, Redemption and Reconciliation
14. Reunion
15. Dates
16. Love Is An Explosion
Book Cover
Covid-19 Outbreak
17. Home
18. Be My Valentine
19. Namikaze Sora
20. "Papa" vs "Fuck"
21. Withering Dreams
22. Hope
23. Trouble In Paradise
24. Loneliness
25. Help
26. Family Matters
27. Misfits
28. Broken Heart, Broken Mind
29. Jealousy
30. Unbreakable Bond
31. Invisible Pain
32. Giving Him Up
33. Girlfriends and Best Friends
34. The Pendant.
35. The Third Wheel
36. The Secret
37. Longing
38. Selflessness
39. The Future
40. The Ramen That Changed Everything
41. Unexpected Turn
42. Miracles
Wattpad Rant
43. Parenting 101
44. Torture
45. Inseparable
46. The Five Stages of Grief
47. Love and Loss
48. Together Forever
Thanks
10K Special Announcement

Prologue

9.7K 208 271
By The_one_with_no_name

(A/N: Hey Sexy Noodles!

Welcome to the new fanfic I'm working on! Just wanted to let you know this one is set in modern day Konoha. There is no chakra in the sense it was present in the original manga/anime but martial arts are very present in this story.

This is shipping a bunch of characters that aren't traditionally shipped together (no spoilers) just because I think they'd look good together. And yes just so you know I do not use Seme/Uke type of categorizing because I want it to be just a tad bit....realistic. cause let's be honest everything else is super unreal 😅😅😅😅

It you haven't read the tags then you should know this contains a lot of drama.

I'll be using pictures in the middle of the story (sometimes a lot, if it aligns with what I am writing). So I'm putting a disclaimer that I do not own any of the art displayed in this story.
I have acquired all the pictures from google/Pinterest. So I can't trace every picture to its original artist because of countless reposts. I have not modified nor removed any signature/watermark that might have been made by the original artist (it's the only way for me to give them credit).

If you see something that is yours (or someone you know) let me know in the comments or by private message!

P.s: all characters belong to our beloved Kishimoto!! )

Enjoy!!

🍥🍙🍥🍙🍥

It was a particularly lovely summer day. The streets of Central Konoha were decorated with the most beautiful colours. As night fell, lights were on and the smell of different types of food created a mouth-watering symphony: grilled with fried, spicy with sweet and it filled the nostrils of the passers invitingly. Lanterns were released into the air as was tradition.

Sasuke was only seven years old; an orphan living under the care of his two older siblings.
Some time during their walk home, Sasuke had slipped from Itachi's hold. He had always felt like he was coddled too much. The panicked voice of the fourteen year old called out after his hyperactive Ōtouto.

But the little Uchiha didn't care, he wanted to watch the lanterns depart. It was his favourite part and he pushed away the adult bodies in his way. Hearing nothing and seeing nothing but the edge of the pond where he would usually watch the lanterns.

When he got to the clearing, for the first time ever, someone else was there. A blond wearing an orange shirt sat down on his very rock, his eyes glued to the sky.

Sasuke wasn't shy per se, but he could swear he knew just about everyone and he had never seen someone with such uncontrollable blaring yellow hair in Central Konoha.
"Naruto, you shouldn't have ran off like that. Your mom and I were worried" Sasuke's eyes darted toward the older version of the kid.

"Hai, tou-san." Naruto smiled sheepishly, he wasn't that much into crowdy areas. It made him anxious.

Soon a redhead followed yelling the name that Sasuke picked up the first time. He was going to approach but seeing as how Naruto had parents unlike him, he didn't even attempt to. It'll be just like his 'friends'. They'll rub it in his face how he is an orphan. Of course the kids didn't do it on purpose, they simply talked about their parents like normal. But the Uchiha found himself unable to relate to any of them due to that.

"Sasuke!" Itachi sighed seeing his brother. He was about to reprimand him when the particularly small body hugged him and cried silently. "Did something happen?" He asked before his eyes fell ahead at the approaching figures.

"Ah, Uchiha Itachi is it?" Minato raised an eyebrow, it had been seven years but he could recognize those eyes anywhere.

"Minato...sensei?" The boy called in shock, he was face to face with his kendo sensei. The man, the myth, the legend of the martial arts' world. "Kushina-san" he bowed to them both. When had they returned to Konoha? When he bowed he noticed the kid that flashed him a toothy smile. An identical image of them both, if that were even possible.

"Tou-san, was he one of your students?" He looked at his dad who rewarded him with a pat and a nod.

"Then you must be Sasuke-kun" Kushina sat down on her feet. The child looked at her friendly smile and wiped his tears only for her to smack him on the head. Her hair flowed dangerously "You're troubling Itachi-kun aren't you?"

Sasuke rubbed his head and stuck his tongue at Kushina. The only thing that stopped her was the love of her life holding her back from shaking the brat violently. Kushina was odd like that, Naruto spent a lot of time with his dad and his character resembled his twenty six year old father.

The two blondes both apologized and Naruto's ears perked up when they started talking about them both being the same age.
"Okaasan, can Sasuke and I go play?" He asked for permission his eyes forever glued on the kid that was all of a sudden latching to his older brother.

With the adults and Itachi giving consent, Naruto held his hand out. An action his parents found odd since he had only allowed them two to touch him in any way.

The youngest Uchiha, was hesitant at first but decided to take the offer since his brother was being pushy. Despite his young age, Sasuke had a huge ego so naturally he had refused taking Naruto's hand.

"I don't need your help, Dummy" he voiced out with bitterness in his voice.

"Dummy?" Naruto repeated, it was the first time someone other than his mother had called him a dummy. He smiled to himself at the compliment. Yes, a compliment, that is how Naruto decided to take it. It would be his nickname and then he could find Sasuke one too. Best friends have nicknames don't they? At least that is something the blond read somewhere.

It was an awkward encounter. They both were quiet for the most part with Naruto making more effort to salvage the non-existent friendship in his head.

Sasuke made a barrier and Naruto was, unbeknownst to the pale boy, smarter than he let show.
The wind howled as another silent break nested between the two kids. 'is this what he meant by play?' the Uchiha thought in boredom.
"Where in.... Konoha do you..mm...live?" Sasuke mustered the courage to ask.

"I live in Kirigakure, dattebayo?" he stated obviously. "Ah...this is my first time in Konoha, dattebayo?" he was only there due to an interview. Naruto at his young age had won his first world championship for his category.

"But your parents are from Konoha?" Sasuke said the word with bitterness.

"Yaa teme...are you gonna give me that "outsider" talk and treatment? Besides you asked where I live not where I am from dattebayo?..the answer for the latter would be Konohagakure, Teme" he crudely spoke. The dark haired kid almost winced at how unreserved the blond was.

"Tch, Usuratonkachi" he huffed as he looked the other way, embarrassed at his own stupidness. "I'll have you know I'm a genius." He stroked his wounded ego.

"Is that so?" He smiled disregarding being insulted yet again. "What grade do you study now?"

"First year middle school" he proudly declared with a smug smirk on his face as Naruto looked at him in bewilderment that only seemed to pump up the Uchiha's ego. "You're what? A first grader?"

"Uh..." Naruto stopped and put his finger on his lips and thought hard about how to answer that. He had literally made a big deal out of his friend's achievement he didn't want to make Sasuke feel bad. And he didn't want to be alienated either. "Can I be honest?"

"What? Don't tell me you're not even that..." He snickered

"No...I'm...a h..." He mumbled the words.

"What?" He enquired leaning in to better hear him.

A fatal mistake on Sasuke's part as the blond suddenly blurted with eyes closed. "I'm a high school Freshman!!!" He clasped hands on his mouth.

Sasuke felt every hair on his body stand at the screeching voice of the kid. It was so loud it momentarily made him lose balance and fall to the side. When he collected himself he finally processed what he was told and instead of admiring the blond he laughed.
"As if..." He said in between laughs.

Naruto had never seen someone have that reaction before. It was endearing to the blond who was used to people either hating him out of jealousy and being mean or faking their love and support.

Sasuke was neither of those, he was someone who didn't know who Naruto and his father were. He was someone who for all purposes was the opposite of Naruto's own character. And the blond found himself liking it.

Sasuke only stopped uncontrollably laughing when he felt lips on his cheek. That was sure to make him stiffen in place. He was red, just like his favourite food.

"Sasuke-teme, I like you. You're different" Naruto's uncensored honesty striked once again.

"Naruto-kun, it's time to leave!" Kushina announced from afar.

"Tch, Usuratonkachi" was the only answer Sasuke gave.

"I have to go now, Dattebayo?" He bit his lip nervous "I'll be here next year for the whole festival. So let's meet then, dattebayo?" Naruto bowed and Sasuke found himself returning it. He watched as the strange blond ran towards his mother who scolded him for one thing or another.

He wondered if he would really see him next year as agreed. He didn't know why but his heart was beating frantically, all because a strange kid had kissed his cheek.

🍥🍙🍥🍙🍥

It has not been easy.

He opened his eyes facing another day in that broken home. He didn't feel like doing anything but his grandparents weren't about to accept that. A week ago, he didn't even know he had grandparents. But a week ago he had his dad and didn't have a single care in the world.

He went to the bathroom, a ghost of himself staring right back at him. His sun-kissed skin was pale, bags under his eyes, lips chapped and his blond hair a greasy mess. He can remember the last time he genuinely smiled. It was earlier of the day of the accident. The day his family was broken.

His mom was a mess too; she suffered a nerve break-down upon receiving the news. But he was just empty inside. He didn't cry for losing his dad despite being close to him. He didn't shed a single tear; it was worrying.

They were going to move back to Konoha, he had only been there when called for TV shows. He knew his parents both grew up there. He didn't want to go, this was home for him but if for the sake of his mother then he would do anything.

"Naruto-Kun, breakfast is ready" he heard his grandmother's voice. She was blonde like him and his late father, though the blue eyes were a distinctive feature of the two of them. His grandmother had brown eyes, she wore a similar necklace to the one his father used to wear. A necklace his father trusted him with, Naruto had worn it almost religiously since he was 11.

"I'll just eat after I'm done packing" He answered shortly and went back to his messy room.

He gathered his Kendo gear, that's when it hit him. Minato was truly gone. He wasn't going to walk in the room and tousle his hair. He wasn't going to hear his voice calling his name. He wasn't going to see his dad's warm smile and feel his embrace. There were no more memories to be made with his beloved father.

He broke down in tears, he wished it was him taken instead. He held a picture portrait of his family and hugged it close to him as he laid on the floor in fetus position. He wished he could time travel so that He would save his father, but the world was too cruel to allow for such things.

~ One Year Later ~

Kushina saw her son suffer; she didn't know how to approach him. She never could imagine Minato's death. The news didn't sit with her well but she felt slightly relieved that his parents were there. They had helped her in those dark times, though she was estranged to them.

She found herself cuddling to his pillow every night; it still had a hint of his scent. Why was he taken away from them? She knew more than what her son did. She decided to pull herself together for the sake of their little angel. She couldn't recall seeing him cry, there always was just this blank unreadable look on his face. He was punishing himself; she noted. He would practice Kendo by himself in the backyard daily to exhaustion.

Their new house looked more like a home but they both have not adjusted just yet, she prepared breakfast when she was used to having Naruto and Minato cook it. Some things she just could never get used to.
Naruto walked in, an empty broken vessel. She eyed him, his once painted smile was erased and his eyes no longer had that gleam. They were as dull as his attitude.

"Naruto-Kun..." He looked at her when she called his name. "Don't forget to go to school today for your scholarship exam" she reminded him, those were not the words she wanted to say but she could not bring herself to talk to him about Minato's death. She still partially could not accept it. She had allowed the boy a gap year; he was only fourteen when his father passed. Her decision solidified after she found him in a pool of his own blood one day. He was on antidepressants ever since that incident.

"Ha, Kaasan" he replied in a monotone. Kushina kept her eye on the teenager the whole time. He seemed to only be playing with his food, forcing few bites in and then he excused himself. It felt like things would never go back to how they used to. Kushina doubted if moving to Konoha was the right choice for Naruto after all.

Admittedly, Tsunade had insisted they do and she was vulnerable so she agreed to it. She was somehow convinced this would turn out well for Naruto. She saw her boy in his black and orange tracksuit, his black headband on his head with the Uzumaki crest on it. He had always worn it proudly whenever he could. He even had some bandanas with the Konoha leaf on it; he got them during their last time here.

He stood by the door announcing his departure; her heart sank as she was afraid she wouldn't see her son anymore. In her mind, Minato and Naruto looked so much alike that she could just as well be saying goodbye to Minato a second time. So she stopped him, got ready and joined him on a walk to school.

He knew why his mother had done that. He was no fool; he was fifteen and already a senior in high school. He was supposed to graduate at 10, he can't recall but something happened when he was a child. Whatever it was it made him take gap years here and there to live his life as his child. His parents were luckily supportive of whatever decision he had made.

He did not want to be made fun of for being the youngest in class; that was something he had to deal with in his last school.
Naruto eyed his mother silently and saw a small smile form on her face. Now that he did not understand.

Kushina was feeling nostalgic. She had walked this road countless times. Granted, with Minato beside her ever since he stood for her; the cold March morning wind blew against her face. It was piercing but it would soon be spring, the beginning of a new cycle of life. It had been exactly one year and two months since he passed away.
"Naruto-Kun...Minato and I used to walk to school together every day" she smiled while her eyes glistened, a hint of happiness in them but sadness overtook and she broke down. "I miss him" She regretted showing weakness.

Naruto just hugged her tightly. He could not utter the words 'It'll be alright'. Those were only a lie to him, nothing would be alright. How could they be alright? They lost a part of their souls.
"I miss him too" he confessed, "Tou-san is always with us" she pulled from him when he said those words and he removed his necklace and gave it to his mother. "I think you should have it Kaasan, Tou-san would want you to" he kissed her forehead and held her hand as they walked together.

Kushina did not know when her son had grown so much. She did not know when he turned so serious or become so wise; he had always liked pulling pranks on them. It was his way of dealing with the world. He was not a normal child and his father was not a normal person either.

They both were holding the title of Kenshi masters. Minato was undefeated ten years consecutively before he quit and Naruto has won nine years consecutively so far. Everyone expects him to be the one to break his father's record. The redhead wondered if her son still had an interest in that. He had always yelled how he'd surpass his father.

When they got to school, she waited for him and saw a very familiar face.
"Kakashi?" she called hesitantly and he turned around, that scar no doubt belonged to only one silver-haired boy she knew. Only he was no longer a boy, he now was a man.

"Kushina-san..." his voice trailed and his eyes gave up to the sadness when he realized it truly was her. Last time he saw them, he was a boy of fourteen years old. "I-..." he choked unable to give his condolences. Minato was his own Kendo sensei when he was much younger, him and his two other friends.

"I know Kakashi...Thank you" she bowed to him respectfully. Kakashi walked towards her wanting to stop her movement. She was older than him and she was his late sensei's wife; if anything he should be bowing. It was then when he saw a flash of yellow behind her that was so familiar.

"Minato-sensei?" he wondered too loud for his own liking. The boy had an eerie resemblance to his sensei. His eyes were a lighter blue, cyan....turquoise...perhaps somewhere in between but they were mesmerizing. Three symmetrical whisker-like birthmarks on his face: that was one of the only small differences between the two. His hair was more tamed than his late sensei as well.

"Minato's my father" the boy clarified but Kakashi was frozen in place. It was scary how much they looked alike. Something else caught his attention though. It was the expression donned on the young blond. He thought he hurt when he heard about his sensei's death but seeing Naruto's face, he knew he did not suffer nearly as half as Kushina or Naruto had.

"Naruto-kun...this is Kakashi, he was one of your father's early students....back when we were in middle and high school" Kushina's smile was more genuine, she was starting to warm up to Konoha again. She was allowing herself to heal; something Naruto hadn't been doing.

"Pleasure to meet you Kakashi-sensei" the boy bowed "I'm looking forward to being your student"

"Ha...in couple years, I think you are still too young to be a senior" the silver-haired warmly smiled, he knew the boy looked too young to be a senior. He was teaching literature and creative writing to senior students.

"Naruto-Kun is a senior" the blond's mother declared proudly "ya...Naruto how did it go?" He eyed the boy a second time. Was he mistaken?

"It was nothing special" the teenager shrugged as if it was no big deal what he had just been through.

In the classroom, Inoichi sat down in disbelief. A fifteen-year-old had just finished their senior entrance exam in thirty minutes. Not only that; but the man had already confirmed correct answers on the sections for advanced Calculus and Algebra.

He read the name 'Namikaze Naruto', he did not know why the name sounded so familiar. This was no regular test either. It was a yearly test that even their own students had to take to make sure they are placed in classes of their own level.

Inoichi was intrigued so he asked the other teachers about him. He was given perfect scores by each and every teacher. Just like that, Naruto was the new scholarship holder. He scored even higher than their own vice principal's baby brother, the raven hair boy of the same age.

Inoichi wondered if that was what geniuses were like. His daughter was not even a month older than him but she was only a sophomore.

•••

"Niisan, when's the physical test?" The youngest Uchiha asked. He had been interested in Kendo since he was seven years old. He couldn't remember exactly why so he figured it probably had something to do with his brother. All of his interests related to his brother somehow, so it only made sense to him this did as well.

"Tomorrow morning, why?"

"I'm going to beat that Namikaze kid..." He held his shinai tighter and resumed training. He was a bit sour about coming in second. He had never come in second in his life. He'll be damned if someone tarnished his perfect reputation in his last year. Itachi was saying something but Sasuke was so caught up in his own thoughts he did not hear what his older brother was uttering.

Sasuke had been raised by Shisui and Itachi, his two brothers, though the first was biologically his cousin. Like them, he had black coloured eyes and pitch-black hair. His face was not so hard to look at, at least that was how he saw himself. In reality, girls fawned over him and even created a fan club just for him.

He wasn't into it. He liked the peace of mind. Ironically, he was never getting any of it considering wherever he may be the screeching fans would somehow magically locate him.

Next morning, he was ready. He was ready to simply win. He had won against seniors almost three years older than him before and he was about to do it again.
He got to the school grounds and started warming up.

He could see the air condensation escape his lips with each breath. It was an unusually cold morning. He tried to eye his opponents in an attempt of finding the Namikaze kid.

After each race or challenge he'd go see his time/score and find out the blond did better. 'Just who the fuck is he?' he thought to himself.
"Itachi..." I inched towards his brother "where's that Namikaze kid?"

Itachi let out a soft chuckle, noticing his brother's frustration. "Namikaze-san had his test a few days ago. I told you yesterday..." Sasuke hated to admit that he might have zoned out. He thanked his brother and walked back.

He couldn't help thinking of this mystery boy. He just wanted to meet him already.

A/N: hope you enjoyed this! I am guessing the actual updates would start steadily by 2020!!
So in two weeks.

If you have advice or criticism I am happy to hear what you have to say.

Don't forget to add the book to your library or reading list to get notified about updates!

I love you guys!

Homura.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.1K 28
The war was over and everything in the village was settling down, Naruto on the other hand was still facing some problems and he would turn to someon...
480K 10.6K 22
Sasuke Uchiha was a popular ninja in the Academy, but what if he didn't get the girl that he fell in love with? I removed some parts because it...
15K 549 37
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura have been tied at each other's hips since they were toddlers. Varying freak accidents unfortunately end the three up as or...
8.6K 165 26
Naruto finds himself lost after The War. He defeated Madara and yet; he doesn't feel accomplished In the slightest. Sakura finally got engaged with...