Orphan Spider

By Twizzle_n

During the day, Peter Parker is just an average teenager, except for the fact that he's an orphan living in a... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
1k reads
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Spider-Man costume contest
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
100k
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Bonus+

Chapter 6

70.6K 2.2K 2.3K
By Twizzle_n

A/N

I'm just going to skip the weekend cuz nothing really happens. Peter takes care of the kids, goes on patrol, gets chased by the Avengers, gets home, small beat up, then he goes to sleep. Both saturday and sunday. So the story continues to monday and the first day of the internship.

I wonder what will happen?~

Oh yeah, quick note! I am Not from America, nor have I ever been to NYC, so if I get anything wrong I am very sorry!

That's All! Enjoy the story!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Peter's P.O.V

I wake up earlier than usual, like, around 5AM. I'm too excited. I mean today... Today my life will maybe turn around and something good will come out of it.

I lay in my 'bed' for about 30 minutes until it's time to wake the other kids up. I hurry around to wake everybody up. We make breakfast and we're out of the house a bit later than I would've liked, but at least the psychos hadn't woken up yet. You know what happens then. Walking the young kids to school, saying goodbye, yada yada.

Making it to class on time, for like the first time in forever, I sit down next to Ned and MJ as usual.

"Dude! You look happier than usual." Ned says to me as we do our secret handshake.

"Ned. Todays the day! Today I'll start my intership! You have nooooo idea how excited I am!" I whisper-yell to him as the teacher walks in.

The lesson starts and I'm impatiently waiting for the day to end.

~Time skipperoo~

Walking out of the school I say good bye to Ned and MJ, since they are going the other direction. I am very thankful that Flash didn't catch me as I walked out of the school, otherwise my face would look worse than it already does. At least my black eye and split lip is nearly gone (thank you fast healing), though, yesterday when I got home a little too late, I got some punches to my face and now I have a big bruise on my cheek. 'I hope they won't mind it.' I think as I hurry off to the subway that will take me to Manhattan.

30 minutes later I get off at my stop and start making my way towards the famous Avengers Tower. It looks amazing! I sometimes swing past it when I'm on patrol. There's been a couple times where I've just been sitting at the top of the tower, looking down at the city I've sworn to protect.

Making it to the front doors, which open automatically, I step into the lobby. It's enormous! People are walking here and there, nearly everyone is in suits.

I walk up to the front desk where two women are sitting. I look at their nameplates, which say 'Wendy Taylor' and 'Carrie Miller', they both look like they are around their late 20's to ealy 30's. They look a bit busy so I just stand there waiting until Ms. Taylor looks up from her computer and looks at me a bit confused.

"Can I help you kid?" She asks a bit confused.

"Oh, uh, yeah! I... uh... I'm here for my internship. My name i-is Peter Parker." I stutter out.

She looks at me for a moment but then looks back at her computer and starts to write something. After about 30 seconds her face lights up a bit and she gives me a smile.

"Oh! You are that high school intern then, right? You're like the youngest intern S.I has ever had!" She says more cheery than before. I just nod and give her a small smile.

"Well then! My name is Wendy Taylor, but you can just call me Wendy! And this is Carrie Miller, but You can just call her Carrie!" Wendy says with much enthusiasm. "Well! Here you go! this is your intern pass, you need it to go through the security doors so you then can make it to the elevator. When you're in the elevator just say the floor you're going to and Friday, Mr. Starks A.I, will send you there." She explains.

I had read some things about the Avengers Tower before, so I already knew that Mr. Stark's A.I Friday ran the whole building.

"You'll be working on floor 21, that's where the lowest level interns work. Most of the other interns are in college, so you should probably be a little careful around them, y'know, with all the stress they have, they can be a bit grumpy." Carrie said looking up from her computer. "Also! When you get to your floor you'll meet your supervisor, her name is Anna Dahl, her last name is a bit hard to pronounce since it's scandinavian, so don't worry if you have a hard time pronouncning it." Carrie finishes and gives me a warm smile.

I nod, thank them for their help and information and then I make my way over to the security doors. 1 minute later and I'm standing in the elevator telling it to go to 'floor 21', but before the doors close an older man walks in, he just says 'floor 83' and then stays quiet, he doesn't really look happy. I see he's wearing a bagde with the name 'Happy Hogan' on it. 'Happy? did someone really name their kid after an emotion?' I think to myself. I snap out of my thoughts when I realise that I've been looking at his badge for some time and he's looking at me.

"O-oh! Sorry Sir! I... uh... I didn'...- I didn't mean to stare..." I say very nervously. He looks at me for some seconds, then realises what I was looking at.

"Don't worry kid, Happy is just a nickname." Mr. Happy says in a monotone voice.

I want to ask what his real name is but I don't get the chance because at that moment the elevator doors open at floor 21. I give Mr. Happy a little wave, which he suprisingly retrurns with and I walk out into a busy hallway.  There are people walking back and forth, but there's also s young woman standing some feet away from the elevator, and when she spots me she hurries up to me.

"Hi! You must be Peter Parker, right?" She asks eagerly, to which I nod. "My name is Anna Dahl!" she says with a strong accent on to her last name. "But you can just call me Anna. I'll be your supervisor! It's very nice to meet you!" She finishes streching out her hand for me to shake, which I accept.

She leads me to the intern labs where a bunch of people are working She explains what they are doing and how it works in the labs. I think to myself 'This is it! Finally something good!'. Well... I spoke too soon.

"Sadly, you can't work in the labs... You are too young and it can get quite dangerous." Just as she said that, there was a little explosion in the background. I was crushed, to say the least. "But we do have an office for you to work in." She says and lead me to a hallway with several doors. She walks up to one of them and opened it, inside was a small, plain, grey room with a desk and some drawers. 'Well, it can't get worse than this, right?' Oh how wrong I was.

"Oh! also, you'll have to get people their coffee if they call you on that phone." She points to a small old phone on the desk. "Otherwise, they'll call you on that phone if they need more supplies. So your job is to order in supplies and hand out coffee.

Wow, Parker luck didn't take a break, it just 'tricked' me into thinking that so it could come 'back' stronger than ever. Anna must've noticed my frown.

"But don't worry Peter! We all start somewhere. I also used to work in an office and give people their coffee when I first started working here. But after a couple of months I got to start working in the labs, so you just have to be patient." She says with a smile. I look up at her give her a small smile and nod.

I then walked over to the desk, sat down and Anna showed me how everything worked and how I would make the coffee. She then left leaving me alone in my office.

"ughhhh..." I say to myself. I really felt disappointed, I mean, come on! Instead of working in the labs, I have to sit in an office and deliver coffee. Mr. Morita even said I hade the highest grade out of everyone in the school, and Wendy even got excited to meet me since I am apparently "The youngest intern at S.I". God, I'm salty.

I chuckle to myself and just think about what Anna said. "We all start somewhere." So I start working, and when I'm done with that and have delivered coffee to people I just do my homework.

~Time skip to after the internship~

I made my way out of the tower and hurried off to an empty alleyway, changed and then called Ned. We talked for a bit while I started to swing to Queens to leave my backpack on a roof close to the orphanage. When I made it there, I webbed my backpack to the roof. And then finally I started patrol.

You know the rest. Helped people, met the Avengers, which made Ned nearly faint. Escaped the Avengers, ended patrol, said goodbye to Ned and hurried back to the orphanage. Got a small beating and now I'm just laying on the floor sulking.

And for people thinking "Wow Peter! Your life is soooo interesting!" Then to you I say...!

.

No.

.

No it's not. Even though I love helping people it can- ... It can get tiresome... I mean, meeting the Avengers is cool and all... But since they are trying to capture me, it's just... Tiresome. Everyone around me, they all seem so happy, nearly all the kids at my school, they have families. People who love them. But I don't-

...

...I don't have that. Not anymore at least.

.

.

.

"Peter! Come on! Dinners ready!" Aunt May yells from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I yell back from my room.

We are living in a small apartement somewhere in Queens and today is my birthday.

I run out of  my room and enter the small kitchen.

"Happy Birthday Pete!!" May and Ben yell at the same time as I enter the room. "9 years, wow, soon you'll be as old as me." Uncle Ben says with a chuckle.

"Oh don't worry sweety, you won't be as old as him in a loong while." Aunt May says, walking over to me.

We all got seated round the small table and on it was a fluffy chocolate cake with the words 'Happy Birthday Peter!' on it.

Everything feels warm and the atmosphere was calming. May and Ben are smiling. I am smiling. It's nice.

I... I really miss this.

I really miss them.

.

.

.

"eter-"

"Peter..."

"Peter!"

"Huh...? What...?"

"Peter please wake up!"

"Stop yelling... Or the psychos will hear you..." I say to whoever is calling my name.

"Oh my god, you're okay..." The person hugs me.

I open my eyes to see Allie, who's hugging me, Peggy and Max around me. They all look worried. Did something happen?!

"What the...? What's wrong?!" I ask nervously.

"Don't worry Peter, everyone's okay." Peggy says to me. She then tells Allie and Eli, who just came down the stairs, to make breakfast. Wait. Breakfast?!

"What time is it?" I ask them.

"6:11AM. You slept on the floor the whole night." Peggy explained.

"So when you weren't in your bed this morning we got really worried. We checked every room and then we found you down here by the door, and you wouldn't wake up the first couple of times we called your name." Max explained. "Peter, you can't keep doing this. What if  one day won't wake up? What will happen then?!" He whisper-yells at me.

"Max. I am Not letting those bitches touch you, any of you. Now. let's get everyone ready."

~Time skip to school lunch~

"Peter!" Ned yelled from a table in the back in the cafeteria.

"Hey Ned, Hey MJ." I say getting a smile from Ned and a wave from MJ.

"Soooooo, how was the internship??????" Ned asked excitingly. I didn't really have the chance to tell him yesterday during patrol or our first lessons.

"It was, well, I am a bit... umm, disappointed...? I... umm, I'm not allowed to work in the labs, since I am "Too Young". So I... umm, I work in an office, ordering stuff and giving people their coffee... I guess." I tell them a bit hesitantly.

I look up at Ned and MJ. Ned looks shocked, like someone died or something, and MJ, she... umm, she looks pissed.

"That's bullshit." MJ says, clearly annoyed. Ned nods with her statement.

"Well... umm, my supervisor...umm... my supervisor Anna, she... umm, she said that... she said that we all start somewhere and that she also used to... she too used to work in an office before she worked in the... in the labs." I explain quickly. Both Ned's and MJ's expressions seems to calm a bit, but they still look a little pissed, so I change the subject and we start talking about something else until the bell rings.

~Time skip to the office~

I sit in my office doing homework since I have nothing else to do. This whole office thing is really starting to get to me. So I just try to remember what Anna told me.

"We all start somewhere."

I continue to work and just hope that something good will happen in my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Poor Peter, he thought he would get to work in the labs but nah. They throw the "Too Young" card at his face. Or,  I, threw the "Too Young" card. Whoops.

The flashback takes place a couple of months before Uncle Ben dies, so on Pete's 9th birthday.

That's All For Now Folks!

G'night, G'day and G'morning!

/Twizz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5K 22
Cover by: @MarvelRose29 Tony Stark was 17 when he got a girl pregnant. Now he's 19 and in University, struggling to care for a child, go to his class...
320K 13K 95
Marvel AU!!! Everyone Peter Parker knows is dead. So he lives at an abusive orphanage. He becomes spider man when he was only 11, because he won a...
1.5M 49.7K 35
Tony thought he was texting Steve, but Steve, still not really understanding phones, gave him the wrong number. . Peter Parker, secretly known as Spi...
725K 21.6K 75
14 year old Peter Parker's had nothing but bad luck, he's been homeless for 6 years. But things start to look up when he gets a wrong number text. Th...