Something about 1%

Galing kay urjitasheth

"There is no possibility for me to fall in love with a ruthless business man like you Mr. Jacob Miller there... Higit pa

Author's note
1. The one where everyone is clueless
2. The deal is sealed
3. Strictly business relationship
4. Past catching up
5. Just the way you are
6. A treasured memory
7. Stay by my side
8. The night of confessions
9. Life of my dreams
10. Two steps back
11. My perfectly not so perfect fit
12. Broken trust and broken heart
14. Follow me until the end?
15. Love worth fighting for
16. 'Bad guys need angels the most'
17. Its time to say goodbye!

13. The world of money and selfishness

81 3 0
Galing kay urjitasheth

Mia's pov:
I am too shocked but I recover and stop Jacob before he can do anything further. "Jacob, what is the matter with you? Why did you punch him?" I look at Kyle and see blood on the side of his lip. I leave Jacob and immediately remove a tissue from my purse to help wipe that when Jacob doesn't let me and takes me away. I sigh in defeat and look back at Kyle who is still standing there and watching us blankly.

I stop Jacob a few meters away from Kyle. "Is this jealousy? Because you're crossing your line Jacob... punching somebody is too much, he can file a complaint against you right now if he wants to but he's still standing there like a good person and didn't say or do anything back to you."
Jacob scoffs, "Good person? He's my cousin I told you about remember? He's not being a good person, he's just using you to find out more about our grandfather's will, his parents must have asked him to do that because I hid it from him... for my own reasons." He confesses it to me I get shocked and furious and look at Kyle with anger rising inside me.

I go towards him and this time I am about to punch him when Jacob picks me up from my waist and stops me. I angrily get away from Jacob as well. Both Jacob and Kyle stand side by side and are now looking at me with fear clearly shown on their faces. "Both of you get the hell out of here right now."
Jacob now gets even more scared, "Mia, what did I do?"
"You should have told me the whole story about Kyle and how he is a part of the will as well since the beginning and you Kyle, I thought you're genuinely being nice to me but you were just using me. Something is wrong in this family, I mean stop thinking about everything from the perspective of money because you're hurting people around you with that motive. Stop chasing your grandfather's will and money and be thankful for what you both already have."

I point my finger towards Kyle and Jacob, "You, I am guessing you look after the mall business and you Jacob have a beautiful hotel business then why are you both running behind this will and hurting me in this process. Stop treating me like I am some object PLEASE." I yell the last part loudly and just leave both of them and go home.

I hear footsteps behind me and immediately see Jacob walking besides me. "Mia, I am sorry..." I abruptly stop and stare at him, "Are you Jacob? Are you really sorry?"
"It's not my fault that my grandfather put you in the will and how does me hiding about Kyle matter to you and us and the relationship we have developed? Why are you mad at me? Did you want him to be a part of all this too?" I close my eyes in irritation.

"You still don't get it, it's not about the will at all Jacob... you should have been honest with me. I didn't want Kyle to be part of any of this but your honesty would have been really nice, it would have saved me from accepting all the money he donated today out of his selfishness. The orphanage is so happy that I can't even get it back anymore but it's the money that came out of somebody's personal motive and not their heart and genuineness." He looks at me with guilt and then looks away.

"Four months of us being together and the will still always comes in the picture.... it's like you still don't know me. You should leave and let's stick to the schedule and finish this off for the sake of it. I am tired of all these complications." With that I leave without even turning back or looking at him.

I get home and immediately lie down on my bed.. I feel mentally tired with all this drama. Here I am wanting to have "more" whereas his heart is still stuck on the will. You always think the world is nice and there's still good left in people but in the end it's always their selfishness and nobody is nice enough. Both Kyle and Jacob acted so selfishly and for their motive. I feel upset but I am so tired mentally and physically that I just sleep right there.

Jacob's pov:
I stare at Mia's window and see the lights on. I don't feel so good leaving from here on that note. I don't care about the will at all Mia but I really can't ask you to continue this for your own safety. Kyle stands besides me, "You really do like this girl to follow her and trying to mend things with her. The Jacob I knew didn't care about anybody but himself."

"Why did you have to get involved and mess things up?" I angrily yell at him and leave from there.
I call Austin over to my house because I am throughly confused right now as to what do I do next.

"So, Kyle knows about the will?" Austin asks me while sipping from his beer can.
"Why are you so calm about it?" I ask him curiously.
"Because the one who got the will made didn't want Kyle to be a part of it either. He was rooting for you all along." He smiles and sips some more beer.
"My grandfather wanted to hide it from Kyle as well? Well that problem is solved, only my aunt is going to create a huge commotion about it."
"Your grandfather can handle that much." He tells me calmly.

"What do I do about Mia now?" I ask him sounding guilty and scared.
He looks at me and laughs loudly, "what's with that face?"
"She's really really mad at me... first the whole Amy thing and now this. She's not wrong... she accepted somebody's money out of their selfishness and she's one of those good people in this world who hates keeping anything from people." I talk about her admiring attitude.
"Try doing things actual boyfriends do."
"Like what?" I ask him and make a disgusted face.
"If you're gonna make that face, I am not telling you." I roll my eyes at him.
"Come on now Austin, share your valuable knowledge with me." I tell him sarcastically.
"Gift her flowers or dozens of balloons or get on your knees and apologize. The apology always work on girls." I can imagine Austin doing all these cringe worthy things to makeup with his girlfriends and shake my head in disappointment.
He stares at me with frustration, "You're on your own buddy, good luck."

Next day I try and call Mia repeatedly but she doesn't even let my call ring and cuts it off on the first ring itself. Do I really have to go and apologize on my knees? The thought itself scares me... I, Jacob Miller going on knees to apologize to someone? Never! I have my self respect.

I finish my meeting for one of the upcoming projects and ask my female employee to stay back.
"I need your advice on something." Her eyes widen in shock but she tries to stay calm and sits down.
"What if you're dating a guy and he lies to you about something from the beginning of the relationship. What would you do when you find out?"
"Break up with him." She immediately answers and not in her usual timid voice about loud and angry voice. Breakup? Will Mia finish things between us as well? I start to get really worried but my employee continues her story.
"My ex boyfriend disowned me, he always told me he loved me but had his eyes on my dad's bakery. He wanted to own it one day and live on my money, can you believe that?" She tells me with anger and I clear my throat awkwardly. Asking her was of no help... I sigh in frustration.

At night I leave office and decide to do the most unbelievable and most least expected things. I buy a dozen of ballons and a flower bouquet for her. I drive to her house with the smell of flower and balloons in my car. Own upto your mistakes Jacob, she's right! You have hurt her so make her trust you again.

I reach outside her building and call her. This time instead of cutting my call, she picks it up. "It's late Jacob, please stop calling... there's nothing to talk about."
"Come to your balcony." She hesitates but after a minute I see her apartment lights turning on and her coming to her balcony. She looks down at me.
I take out the dozen of balloons from my car and something I thought of on my own, a 'I am sorry' board with a smiley face. I peak at her and she's smiling a little now, I take that as my que to go to her apartment. I run with The ballons and the bouquet and she opens the door without even waiting for me to ring the bell. She's wearing a casual short and a mickey mouse top... she looks absolutely adorable in those, her hair are tied high in a pony tail.

I smile at her and get inside the apartment and leave all the ballons from my hand which fills her small apartment immediately. I give her the bouquet and whisper sorry to her and she takes it and smiles a little. She gets a vase from her cupboard and fills it with water and keep my flowers in it and keeps them on her open kitchen island. She asks me if I need water and I decline her.

"Am I forgiven?" I ask her.
"Only a little." I feel frustrated now... these are hell lot of efforts.
"You know how cringy and embarrassing is this, to get all this here but I still did it." She tries to cover her amusement and turns around and act like she's doing something.
"If you were in my place and I would have lied to you, would you feel alright if I just gift you something?" Her point makes sense... I sit silently on her bar stool near the kitchen island.

She suddenly gets a call and she seems delighted to see the name, "Kevin, how is my favorite star doing?" I immediately get up hearing the name. It's ten freaking pm in the night, why would he call her now? Her brother my foot... but tonight I have no right to be jealous, I go to her room instead and leave her alone.

She's so messy, there are clothes everywhere and the books she uses to teach kids are lying on her bed. I see her study table and see her calendar on the table. She's crossing down days? That hurts a little. But the next thing I see.... I don't think I can avoid this jealousy anymore. Atleast until she's dating me, she shouldn't hang these posters on the wall. It's that stupid Kevin's music concert's poster... does she really have to? I am about to remove it when she stops me.

"You get engaged to other girls, I can't even hang his poster? Don't be ridiculous." She argues with me.
"I cleared that out already, I am not engaged so remove this right now." I remove it in one go but she snatches from my hand and stick it back. I remove it once again and try to tore it apart but she comes close to me and tries to take it back.

Realizing how close she is, I forget about the poster and let it go. I slowly keep my hands on her cheeks and she closes her eyes, feeling a little relived. The tension from earlier is gone and the air now feels right again. I kiss her on the forehead and on both of her cheeks but hesitate on the lips but I take a risk and do kiss her on the lips only to feel her lips on mine too and her kissing me back slowly.

After sometime I pull away and stare in her beautiful eyes, "Am I off the hook now." I carass her back with my right hand and kiss her one more time and relived that she's not turning me down but kissing me back as well.

After some more kisses, she takes me to her balcony and we stand there hand in hand and stare at her calm and silent neighborhood.
After some silence she finally speaks up, "why is your grandfather doing this? Why am I in his will? If I wasn't in his will, I wouldn't be used like this in the first place."

I squeeze her hand, "I am sorry if I made you feel like I am using you. It started off like that but that's not the case at all anymore. And I am sorry about Kyle too, I should have been honest with you." She smiles and I give her a peck seeing that smile.

We stare at each other and I realize I have changed... Jacob Miller never apologized to anybody before but a simple sorry to Mia today felt so good not just for her but for me too. She's bringing me down, making me a better man.
"Can I meet him?" She gets me out of my thoughts.
"My grandfather?" She nods.
"Sure, I'll set up a meeting as soon as possible." She hugs me and I feel all the tension leaving her body and relief flooding over her. I become relived too, no more fights... only us in this bubble.

I decide to leave and she comes hand in hand with me to the door but doesn't leave my hand. "Do you have to go so soon? Is it work?" She asks me reluctantly but clearly she doesn't want me to leave today.
I hate leaving her too, work can wait today. "I saw a new ice cream shop opening in your neighborhood. Wanna go there for a littel scoop?" Her face immediately lights up and she asks me to wait in the kitchen while she goes and gets ready.

She literally comes back in five minutes, the shortest I have waited for a girl. This is why I like her so much... so simple yet so pretty. She's wearing a simple denim dress and has her hair open now.

We go hand in hand downstairs and walk down the street to the ice cream shop, smiling at each other and laughing about her trying to punch Kyle the other day. We go to this little newly opened store and she gets the most common and typical chocolate ice cream, we share it and I stare at her in happiness. She loves ice cream and happily eats it and feeds me a spoon or two along the way.

After our date, its finally time to say bye to her and with a heavy heart both of us bid goodbyes and I head back home.

Next morning I call my grandfather to fix up a meeting with him for Mia,
"Get her to DM group's 50th anniversary celebrations." My grandfather tells me... and I think about how it'll be a huge step but I really wanna go with her so I agree and we decide on that.

Mia's pov:
At school, I am happily teaching kids and humming to myself and feel so relived that it's all good again. He apologized, he made it up for everything and it makes me feel so happy. He isn't the Jacob I thought he is at all, from selfish to now a caring boyfriend... he's just perfect.

I finish school early since one of the teachers is absent today so the school had one period less. I suddenly get a reminder on my phone, "congratulations on finishing a year of teaching." Oh my god! Its been a year since I started teaching... its such a wonderful day. I call Jacob and he picks up on the first call itself,
"I miss you too." I chuckle at his first words.
"Hello to you too Jacob, are you free this evening?"
"I can always take out time for you." I laugh at his flirty reply.
"Can we have dinner together?"
"Can we have it here? In my hotel?"
"Alright! Sure, we can have dinner there."
"Cool! Come by 6:30pm... I have a long meeting now so I'll call you after that." With that he hangs up.

I go home with that happy mood. I decide to keep my clothes ready and set my hair a little and makeup so I don't reach late.
In evening I decide to wear my dark blue striped jump suit with heels and straighten my hair. I keep minimum makeup on my face and when I look at myself in the mirror, I feel happy with my attire.

I take a cab and reach fifteen minutes early at the hotel. I leave him a message and decide to wait at the coffee house in the lobby. I look around the hotel and look at its beautiful interior, it feels so classy with huge diamond chandeliers everywhere and golden lights and someone playing piano in the middle of the hotel, sounds soothing.

I am looking around some more when I see Amy walking towards me. She looks as usual really good in a bikini crop top and denim jeans along with heels and heavy makeup. I feel really simple in front of her but I cannot let her affect me and my relationship with Jacob once again. I cannot be immature about his past. It happened and it's over, he has assured me.

I ignore her and peak at my phone hoping for Jacob to reply back but he hasn't. She comes and sits opposite to me, "Have gotten ahead of yourself, haven't you?" She asks me with a smirk and continues, "Just for your information, I and Jacob were really engaged and the news was not fake it just came out late."

"You guys 'were' engaged and not anymore, seems like you love living in the past. Open your eyes and see the present." I tell her with a fake smile.

"The past is going to be repeated because Jacob cannot fight against his family. I offer him everything to take his business ahead and my status matches with his." She tries to be confident but I can now see how she's trying really hard to bluff and scare me but now I am anything but scared.

She continues, "You should really keep your distance from him because you look pathetic."

I nod and fake smile once again and call Jacob, "Hey, my meeting just got over... I am coming."
"Come as soon as you can to the lobby coffee shop, I have somebody waiting for you." Before he could say anything, I hang up.

"You know, you have been the pathetic one here because you have been trying to sabotage my relationship and its now starting to get on my nerves. I just called Jacob and I'll give him a choice today, if your business proposition matters to him so much, he can happily choose you and I will walk away." She scoffs and is about to leave but I angrily stop her and hold her hand tightly until Jacob comes.

Right on time Jacob arrives and widens his eyes when he sees us, "Do not walk away and sit down right now." I tell her angrily.
"Instead of being a coward, finish this because I am tired of you and your so called advices to me." I leave her hand and make her sit opposite to me and Jacob.

I stare at Jacob now and he stares at Amy angrily, "Jacob, choose one... me or her." I tell him casually because I am just so tired and done with this drama.
"I can take your business to sky rocketing success Jacob, we can marry each other and become richest and successful together." What is this world, she wants to marry him for money but well our relationship started off like that too.

I am not a part of this world so before even listening to his answer I just get up because I cannot even listen to this money hungry conversations. Jacob stops me, "what are you doing? And why did you just casually ask me to choose?"
"So what do I do with this ex of yours? She's getting on my nerves now and I don't want to have a cat fight but just finish this off once and for all." I yell at him.
Before walking away I turn to her and she looks at me with a little fear in her eyes, "Next time you want to date him or want us to break up, talk to him instead of me and leave me alone."
Jacob whispers "As if I'd ever." Under his breath but I just walk away from there because I can't stand that girl anymore.

I don't even want to know if he is still talking to that girl, it's just too irritating to even look at them. A minute later Jacob comes running behind me and I smile a little in Victory that he left that ex of his and came to me but I still don't see him eye to eye. I abruptly stop in the middle of his lobby and keep my hands on my waist.
"Will she stop meddling in our relationship." I ask him like a mother scolding his child.
He looks scared but nods and some of the employees start to stare at him and the not so confident self of their boss. I start to feel weird realizing that.

He looks around as well and becomes his confident self again and takes me away towards the elevator. He takes me to the top floor and when we enter there its breath taking. Its my most favorite view, Seattle from the top with sunset.

"You should have drew this line sooner instead of putting me through many encounters with your ex." He just sighs but doesn't say anything.
"To answer your question back there, Ofcourse I choose you and not her." He pulls me to him and is about to kiss me when I spot some people and back away.
"This is your hotel, everybody might know you... I don't wanna be the talk of the town." I tell him and look away at the beautiful Seattle again.

He doesn't reply to that but change the topic, "This Sunday, we're celebrating 50th anniversary of my grandfather's company. He wants you to join us." He tells me with a smile.

"We'll go separately and pretend like we don't know each other. I'll just meet your grandfather and leave from there as soon as possible. I don't want to create problems."

But he says something unexpected instead, "I wanna go with you." I get quite hearing that and don't know if that is such a great idea.

I don't say anything and we just stand there quietly, "Are you sure you don't know my grandfather?" I stare at him furiously and he just looks away in fear... seeing that I chuckle to myself.

We have dinner at his rooftop restaurant,
"I wanted to have dinner with you because today marks a year since I started teaching and I was in such happy mood until someone ruined it."
He smiles hearing that and orders some wine, "Only one glass okay?" He tells me and laughs remembering my drunken night and I laugh too.

We clink our glasses together and just enjoy this moment. Me at this beautiful restaurant looking at the night view of Seattle with a beautiful man sitting opposite to me.

After dinner I text Annie to stay at her shop, I know it'll be close but having a bestfriend who owns it has its perks.
"Don't drive me, I am going to Annie's shop so I'll just take a bus."
"I am driving you but why are you going there so late? Call her home."
I roll my eyes at his protective nature, "I don't have a dress for your event and it'll be easier to get one now since its closed. I can try whatever I want peacefully."
"Oh, you're choosing a dress... I'll help you choose one too."

Despite me saying no to him many times, he still comes and we are now at Annie's store. I am trying on clothes from two people who have two very contradictory tastes.
I don't know if this is Annie's taste or she's trying to get on Jacob's nerves but she's giving me the most revealing and stripper style clothes but I love seeing Jacob's frustrating reaction everytime I come out wearing them and so does Annie.

Jacob is giving me clothes where I look like a nun and I just get frustrated with both of them.
"I don't need anybody's help. Jacob you'll see my choice of clothing on Sunday and don't worry it won't be something Annie would suggest me." Annie gets offended and Jacob just smirks at her.

"Wait outside Jacob." He pouts at me like a baby but follows my instructions and leaves.

I look around the store and find my perfect dress. I buy that despite Annie's "let me gift you" arguments. I decide to buy the heels later since Jacob is waiting and bid goodbye to Annie who winks at me.

I go outside and see Jacob busy on his phone. He sees me and keeps it right away. "Show me what you got."
"You'll see it on Sunday." I go and sit in the car with my bag. He makes a puppy dog face but I still don't show him. He finally gives up and drives me home.

He stops the car outside my building and hugs me. "Finally the mystery will be solved on sunday." I nod and smile at him.

He leaves and I get to my apartment and think to myself that finally the mystery will be revealed and I'll find out why am I on a rich old man's will on Sunday.

-End of chapter 13.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

212K 5.4K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
96.8K 1.4K 11
*Completed* *Unedited* *10 chapters available for read* [This is a spin-off of 'A Sacrifice To Remember' but can be read as a stand alone] **** When...
83.3K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
2.9K 163 33
•AGREE TO MARRYING THE CEO• •Genre of this story is about Romance 🥀 •This is an English story ❦ •This Story has been completed❥ -This story has been...