Falling by Accident // Billie...

By Laywene

"Dude, you really think I'm gonna let you go?" A simple mistake made by an unknown mechanic and that's how Le... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven

Nine

5K 185 68
By Laywene

NINE

POV Lea

« Okay, then it's settled, thank you for responding to our email. We can't wait for your participation ! »

The high-pitched voice of the journalist makes me want to hang up right away but I force myself to respond with a kind tone, a grimace floating on my face.

« Yes, see you soon. Have a good day. »

As soon as the phone call is over, I throw my phone on my bed as a deep sigh escapes my lips, expressing my annoyance. I just had a conversation with the journalist who is gonna take care of my interview, to agree on the details, and I'm already tired just thinking about it. Luckily, we will talk through a Skype call so that I don't have to directly meet them. Skype call, which is planned for tomorrow afternoon when no one is gonna be home except me.

The perfect occasion.

Also, this journalist seems way too excited for a single interview. It's like she doesn't have anything else to care about. Seriously I don't think I will ever understand how anyone could want to work in a gossip magazine.

« Damn, this bitch better not start asking personal questions, » I murmur to myself, sitting at my desk.

My eyes fall on the stack of homework just waiting to be started, and I suddenly realize the number of tests I'm gonna have to go through the next weeks. I need to start focusing more on my school work and less on stupid issues.

It's the evening, almost the night, so it's with hurry that I start studying. Science, Spanish, History. All due for tomorrow. I study until I can't even read correctly anymore and once I'm finally done, it's the middle of the night. It's usually around that time Billie calls me, and I smile when, as expected, my phone starts ringing.

« Hey, » I say, answering right away.

« Ugh dude guess what ? » Billie immediately says when she hears my voice, and I can't help but wonder what it is this time.

« What shit happened to you, tell me ? Electricity problem during the show ? A fan throwing her underwear at you again ? »

« No, not this time even if that was hilarious as fuck ! No but like really, guess, » she insists, making me shrug.

Crazy shit always happen to her no matter in which country she is and I'm starting to wonder if she's not searching for it. Gotta say, her daily life isn't usual.

« Dude, I just spent hours studying I can't even think anymore, how do you want me to guess ! »

Billie chuckles, probably glad that she doesn't have to deal with school stuff.

« I fell on stage again, and I was like, okay no big deal but then my stupid ass couldn't get up. And now there I am, another fucking sprained ankle ! »

« Why does it sound like you're proud of it ?! Damn you jump around and shit but I swear one day it's gonna be more than a sprained ankle, » I declare, shaking my head with a mixture of worry and amusement.

By pure accident, I found a video of her performing during one of her shows on Youtube and even if I haven't told her, I think it's madness. She looks like she's on another world.

« I don't fucking care. I mean you can't understand but when I'm on stage, in front of this huge crowd, it's the best feeling in the whole world. All of these people are there to see me and I just gotta give them the best I have, » Billie explains, passionate.

« Yeah I saw that. »

There's a moment of silence and I wonder what she's thinking about, when suddenly I realize what I just told her.

« Where did you see it ? Have you stalked me online or something ? » Billie asks, playful.

« How do you expect me not to ?! I'm literally gonna be interviewed about you and there are hundreds of photos of my face next to yours on social medias, even if it's blurred ! »

She laughs, and it makes me smile because her laugh is strange but cute at the same time.

« Yeah but you still did. You liked what you saw ? »

« Honestly ? All of this is crazy. Every part of your life is crazy. Like what the fuck ? You're literally just a month older than me, do you realize that ? » I answer without thinking too much.

It's true. When we spend our nights just talking to each other I tend to forget how the rest of the world views her. To me, she's just this unexpected weird friend who has appeared in my life out of nowhere, with this insane life and this goofy attitude about everything.

« Chill dude. I know this might seem weird but don't think about it too much. Anyway, there was something else I wanted to talk to you about ! »

I hear excitement in her voice, just like a little kid, and for once I can't wait to listen to what she's gonna tell me.

« You remember my show in Paris was cancelled, right ? Well of course another one was planned because we let down so many people. I didn't want to tell you before because we weren't sure when it was gonna be, but now we know. I'll be in Paris in two weeks bitch ! And I expect to see you again ! » Billie shouts through the phone.

For a moment I don't know what to think. Then, joy overwhelms me and I can't stop myself from shouting back at her, too happy to express my thoughts correctly. I wasn't expecting to see her again anytime soon, but obviously I was wrong.

I should have thought about it, she was so sad and guilty because she couldn't do her show, so of course she planned another one !

« Calm down dude, I haven't finished yet. Not only that, but I'm also gonna have a break of two days before leaving again, like two fucking whole days ! »

We start to talk and yell at the same time, laughing, and I find myself smiling way too much. No fucking way. There's just no fucking way this is happening. But, too happy to even think about the noise I'm making, I keep speaking loudly until the door of my room slams open, revealing my mom literally fuming of anger.

Shit.

« Billie, I'm gonna have to call you back. I'm gonna get murdered right now, » I whisper slowly and I hear her giggle on the other end of the line before ending the call.

« WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING ?! It's the middle of the night and you're literally yelling. Do you realize our neighbors have a baby ?! Do you realize you just woke me up and I have work in a few hours ?! Do you realize how irresponsible you are ?! Give me your phone, right now ! »

I resist the urge to cover my ears and, judging it's the best time to keep a low profile, I hand her my phone without saying anything. She takes it, turns around and says, still furious :

« We'll talk about this tomorrow. Now go back to sleep immediately. »

Once I'm alone, I can't stop myself from smiling. Billie is coming to Paris. And even if I'm still scared of getting closer to her, it seems like I just can't help it. And for some reason, it feels good. Really good.

**** **** **** ****

I look at the screen of my computer with apprehension. In a few minutes, this fucking interview is gonna start through Skype and I have no idea what to expect. Fortunately my mom isn't home, just like I planned it but it doesn't stop me from feeling anxious as heck. One of the managers of Billie, Brandon Goodman, called me earlier to explain to me what I was allowed to say and it's not a lot.

Suddenly, the Skype call appears on the screen and I take a deep breath before answering it. I see two journalists on the screen, a man and a woman, who seem relaxed despite the notebooks and pens spread around them on the table. At first, I don't know what to say so I just stay silent, waiting for them to do something.

« Hi, miss Wiln. Again, we want to thank you for your time, » begins the woman.

Yeah, like they gave me the choice.

I sigh before forcing myself to smile at them. It works, and they introduce themselves after explaining what the goal of the interview is. Then, the woman asks me a few basic questions while the man writes my answers on his notebook, glancing at me occasionally.

I tell them why I was in the subways that day, how I got stuck with Billie in the elevator and how we spent our time talking and waiting, not knowing when we would be able to get out.

« Was Billie nice to you ? What was her reaction when she learned you guys were stuck ? »

« At the beginning I didn't know that she was famous but then we started to talk, and she was really nice all along, yes. And uh well... you're never really happy when you learn you're stuck with a stranger in an elevator, and she had her show that day so it was a bit though I think, » I say, scratching the back of my neck nervously.

The woman nods, smiling.

« And did she tell you anything interesting you could share with us ? A funny story, or a gossip ? Something about her personal life ? »

I can't help but feel weird when she asks me that. What is she expecting me to tell her ? Damn people are weird. Can't this woman mind her own business ? It's so annoying.

« Oh, yes of course ! You're never going to believe it, but Billie has actually a thing for feet, » I say sarcastically, giving them the first thing that goes through my head.

« A fetish, you mean ? » the woman asks quickly, as if the world was gonna stop in the next five minutes.

« Yeah, exactly. That's exactly what she told me. » I affirm, exaggerating to see if the woman is finally gonna understand that I'm joking.

To my despair, she doesn't seem to get it and I see her whisper something to the man. Shit, I think they took it seriously. Billie is gonna fucking kill me.

« And did she tell you anything else ? Tell me, what is it like to be near someone famous for that long ? How did you feel ? »

I hold back my laughter because this is starting to become ridiculous. I can't believe they are actually serious.

« Oh I felt so intimidated. It's like, she's this big and charismatic person, and I'm just me you know ? » I answer, taking a dumb voice. « She was so sweet, and she even asked questions about me ! I feel so honored that I met her. »

The two journalists nod again, staring at me with fascination and writing my thoughts on their papers like I just told them the gossip of the century. Damn, you gotta be kidding me.

« From what I understood, you guys almost died right ? You literally fell by accident ? »

Suddenly, the words of the woman sound different to me.

We fell by accident ? That's what the journalist just said, right ?

I try to remember that day, even if it feels like a long time ago. I remember the fear, our proximity, I remember the way we laughed and joked together, the way Billie looked at me, the way we kissed. Everything. Every time I blushed, every time she smirked, and how she was holding me when we were about to crash.

And when I think about it, I feel weird, I feel scared. Because something is out of control when I talk to Billie, even if I don't know what. And maybe it's true after all, at least for me. Maybe a little. Just a little bit.

Maybe I did fall by accident. 

********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 11.2K 42
i watched as billie laughed loudly, throwing her head back as she did. her contagious laugh filled the room, making everyone else laugh as well. may...
158K 4K 47
Y/n is somewhat a regular 17 year-old. She goes to sixth form, and hates it like every other teenager, comes home to her family and just gets on with...
290K 7.5K 35
"𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙨 , 𝙚𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝" 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺𝚂𝙷𝙾𝚃𝚂 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻 achieved #1 in #bisexual #1 in #bi...
2.9K 40 25
When I gazed into her eyes, I realized he wasn't bullshitting this time. 'Wait, you knew me already?' I asked. 'This is sick. I'm outta here.' I hast...