New Kid

By IndigoChildxo

Ok you know how they say "being the new kid sucks," well they really weren't lying... "You will do no such t... More

1: New Kid
2 : The best day ever..Not
3 : A day in the forest Part 1
4 : A day in the forest Part 2
5 : Game Day
6 : He did what
7 : Understanding
8 : Books & Boys Part 1
9 : Books & Boys Part 2
10 : Daddy's Little Girl
11 : Gone with the rebel
12 : Then what are We
13 : Home Invasion
14 : Monkey Business
15 : Cosmic Love
16 : Emotion Overload
17 : That's what Friends are for
18 : Friend of the Family
19 : Hot and Bothered
20 : Outcast
21 : New New Kid Part 1
23 : Trouble in Paradise
24 : Love Thing
25 : Where was I?
26: Gone Unnoticed
27 : Carmelo

22 : New New kid Part 2

9.3K 413 124
By IndigoChildxo

22 : New New kid Part 2

I sat alone during lunch, isolating myself. Residing in the garden, where it was no man's land. Scarlett, didn't have this lunch period, and I couldn't be around Carmelo. At times I believe I was anti-social, I talk to particular people, or no one at all. Does that qualify me as a 'bitch'?

Absolutely not.The sunlight was protruding, luckily the oak tree provided me with shade. I continued to become lost in thought as I plucked the green strands of grass from the ground. "Having fun?" I looked up, analyzing the retreating figure. I groaned, channeling my gaze downward.

"Don't start." His tone was that of amusement. He took a seat on the grass beside me.

"What do you want," I responded gruffly, not seeing the point in this encounter.

He grimaced at my disdain towards him, "why are you so harsh?"

The questioned seemed genuine but I couldn't take him seriously. "You don't even know me, and if we're throwing shade, I could ask you the same."

He threw his hands up, in a defensive type of way, "I'm not harsh, your just too serious."

I instinctively pulled one of those straight faces, "you called me Jace's Bitch. You also called me a midget, and said I was some girl's replacement. Oh and you called me salty. Yet I did nothing to you." I couldn't help the nonchalance In my voice, I wasn't going to cry over this boy.

"Ok you're right. I'm sorry. Let's makeup?" He winked at me then, out reached his hand, holding it for me to take.I stared at it as if it were infectious. I looked up at him questioningly.

"I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously," I apologized.

He took the same hand and ran it though his dark unkempt hair, as he blew out a breath. "So why are you out here by yourself, can't make any friends?"

I wasn't quite sure if he was being sarcastic or not. "I know my reasons, what are yours?" I inquired.

"Adventure is out there," he exclaimed much like a child would. I pursed my lips looking straight ahead, was he serious.

"Bruh," I laughed. I looked at Achilles, he grinned surfacing dimples.

"Actually, I saw you walk out here, and figured I should bother you or something ," he explained.

"And how is that working out for you?"

He let out a breath, "not as well as I planned. I can't make fun of you without you being hysteric about it."

After a long moment of silence, he jumped up brushing the residue off of his pants that came from the grass. "Are you going to stay here for the rest of the lunch period?"

I shook my head 'yes', without a single thought developed.

"Ok I wasn't expecting that. You should come with me, instead of being out here by yourself."

He actually sounded sincere. "And where might you be going," I crossed my arms defiantly.

"Cafeteria."

I made a sour face in distaste, "nah, thanks -". He abruptly yanked me up by my arm, disregarding my continuos protest. "But I don't even like the cafeteria," I cried as he pulled me behind him.

"Damn that's too bad, but what type of person would I be if I allowed you to stay-"

"A damn good one," I interjected.

My face burned scarlet, as I was sucked into the madness. Various people gawk at me, in particular.

"People are staring-glaring, at me," I wailed.

He shrugged, "let them stare." His nonchalance wasn't very facilitative. My eyes bulged as we neared Jace's table.

"We can't go over there. I'm not talking to Jace," I pleaded.

Once more he shrugged, "don't talk to him." I groaned but continued behind Achilles, my hand in his.

"What's up," Achilles said the group of guys, basketball players I presume, seated at a circular table. "This is my girlfriend," he introduced, grabbing my waist.

I scoffed throwing his hands off of me, "more like mere acquaintance," I corrected.

"She's a friend," he tried.

"Associate," I finished.

"Rhiyanne, have a seat." I reluctantly took a seat beside Jace, it was the only seat available.

When the rest of the group commence to engaging in conversation, Jace took a chance talking to me. "Rhiyanne," he half whispered. I bit my lip trying to place my concentration elsewhere. His leg rubbed up against mine, I bit my lip harder.

"Stop bitting your lip," he demanded. There was a reassurance in his voice, if I didn't listen to him would happen not in my favor. Still, I continued bitting my lip.

"Ok let's take a walk," he said getting up, taking me with him. I took a hold of the table, but he was far stronger than I. It was surprising how little attention we brought amongst our selves.

He took me by my hand, dragging me out of the cafeteria. While all this was going on, the only question I could ask myself is why? Why was I being so passive, why was Jace going through these great lengths of trouble, and for what? The hallways were clear, people were either in their classes or at lunch. We stopped near a water fountain.

I looked at him quizzically, but took a seat on the edge of the fountain. He squatted down placing his hands on my thighs, looking up at me with his whiskey eyes. I looked away, shoving his hands off of me.

"Don't touch me," I say carefully.

"Why are you being so distant, what did I do to you," his voice held no emotion it gave away nothing.

I sighed, "I really don't want to talk about this. I'm not being involved with you anymore," I admitted.

"Why?" I began bitting my lip again, staring off into the distance.

"I told you to stop doing that," he said standing up. I bit my lip harder in spite of him.

His jaw clenched extremely tight, "are you going to talk to me," he asked, impatiently. Maybe it was time for it to be addressed, better than bottling it up.

"Ok where do I start. Basically I'm tired of this 'chase', that you seem to enjoy."

"What are you talking about?" He asked obviously frustrated.

"Listen, I'm talking, ok." His features softened at my seriousness.

"Well I'm sure you know how I feel, but I feel like you just ignore my feelings about you. It's like I'm running in circles, ending up in the same place as previous times. And when I try to accept the 'just-friends theory', you do something contradicting, to the point where that the thought of being just friends is demolished and replaced with something new. I know I'm wasting my time with you, but you know when you like someone you try to look past the bad. So I'm helping myself by just staying away from you altogether," I explained.

I avoided his eyes, taking a deep breath, "so that means, don't talk to me, don't come to my house, don't text me, just stay away." He stood up running fingers through his hair.

"You're so selfish," he muttered. I looked up at him confusedly.

"Oh, I'm selfish? God, I'm so sick of you. You're such a bastard," I proclaimed, getting up. I brushed past him, but he he grabbed me by my arm snatching me back.

"Get your hands off of me," I snapped.

"I wasn't done talking to you, Rhiyanne." He grabbed me by my waist forcefully, and tipped my head back. "Stop it, let me go," I protested. Soon my cries of frustration, and protest were put to an end.

His mouth covered mine, giving me a hit of ecstasy. I tried pushing him off of me, but it was much like he insisted. His tongue was plunge into my mouth, making me succumb. The fight in me settled, as our lips moved in sync. It seemed as if I had forgotten what we spoke of before this. His lips loved to my jaw line, then to my neck.

I pushed at his abdomen, "Jace, no," I cried. Slowly but surely he let me go. "Why did you do that? Did you hear any of what I said?"

"Let's just say that was my way of saying goodbye," he replied bitterly, before walking away.

"I hate you," I screamed after him. He abruptly turned around, and I stumbled backwards, falling into the fountain. There was no possible way I could drown, the water was far too shallow. Though it was very cold. I was pulled out of the water.

"Ok ok, I got you," Jace mummered, soothingly. I don't know why I begin to cry, maybe it was because of everything that was going on in my life. With my arms wrapped tightly around his neck, he craddled me in his arms. I dropped wet, but he still held me me in his arms. He sat us down on the edge of the fountain.

He pulled his phone out handing it to me. "Call your mom." I dialed the number and waited for her to puck up.

"Hello," she answered after the second ring.

"I want to go home," I said lowly, trying to maintain a steady voice.

"Rhiyanne?" I sighed, resting my head on Jace's chest.

"Yeah, can you just come and get me," I asked rubbing my head.

"Mmhm, where's Carmelo?" I frowned at the mention of him.

"I don't know, the last time I saw him, we argued and shots were fired. He called me a B word. So I left him. He's so rude to me. Why is he my problem? I fumed.

"Okay calm down. Who's phone are you calling from? Why aren't you in class?"

"This is Jace's phone, and I'm in lunch. Can you please just come get me?" I pleaded, tired of the interrogation.

"Be there in a few." I passed Jace his phone with a barely audible, "thank you."

I took into notice how I was seated on his lap, and how my head rested against his chest.

"You know we could stay friends if you allow me to kiss you on the regular," he segussted.

My frown deepened, "stop talking to me."

Jace sighed before saying, "so you and Achilles?" I groaned, but said nothing.

"Okay Rhiyanne, I'm well aware of your wants. I'm also aware of what's in your best interest. You don't need to be with me, because in all honesty I'm no good for you. If we put a label on 'this', whatever it is, you'll end up getting hurt. I don't want to hurt you. I rather be around you, and have you in my life as a friend than not having you at all."

I rolled my eyes at his words, "just shut up," I replied hoarsely.

"There's a reason people put labels on relationships, because it serves as a boundary. And from how I see it, I can't talk to anyone intimately besides you, but you can talk to whomever you please?"

"Exactly." My eyes widen in disbelief.

"Wait. No, thats not what I meant," he said reassuringly.

"Why do you keep kissing me," I inquired, having enough of the previous conversation.

He groaned, "because I like kissing you. I would do more if you allowed me," he confessed. I was so glad he couldn't see my face because I'm certain my cheeks were rosy red.

"I'm coming over today, after my game," he told me. "You won't be let in by me." He sighed, "we haven't achieve anything."

Soyeahthey'regoingthroughthemotions. ButI'msosorrythisisliketwodayslate. I'velearnedseethingbtw, toneverletyougusyknowwhenI'mupdatingagain. BigNONO. Thisisunedited. Sosorryforanymistakesandyeah, it'sprobablyshorttoo. #AndHowDoYouFeelAboutIt?

COMMENT & VOTE

-Ariy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 3.2K 48
This is a bit of the book. Please do not copy. Hope you enjoy x. ******************************************* I just rolled my eyes. I entered the cl...
455K 9.5K 14
ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀꜰᴇ ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ ------------------------------------------ "What the hell did I just tell you? Let me go" "No" He looked at me for some time...
881K 26.3K 60
I walked down the hallway, I shoved through the people. I bumped into one and he growled "Watch where you're going!" "Watch where I'm going?" I laug...
1.2K 20 21
COMPLETED!!! here's a snip bit ! "Hey Belle" he said with a cheeky smile. I look up and give him the fakest smile i can put on "did my constant haras...