Definitely A Hunter {2}

By sleepyhaIo

"Hey, you're a hunter, Kota." He soothes her, placing his hand firmly on her shoulder. She takes a deep brea... More

CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
Happy Birthday Dakota!!
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
Fun Facts
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX

THIRTY-EIGHT

2.7K 88 250
By sleepyhaIo

"Oh, what the hell...I'll never 

be able to unsee this." -Dakota Winchester

<< Teen Winchester >>

2015

Dean spent days just reading book after book about the Mark of Cain. Dakota was with Sam for the majority of the day, occasionally dropping in and helping Dean with his reading. 

Dakota had tried talking to Dean, but he brushed her off saying he was busy and would talk to her later. 

He had finally let her into his room after an hour of sitting outside. She took place on his bed, curled up around his pillow as he sat on the floor with a book in his lap. 

A knock on his door broke Dean out of his thoughts, he blinks a couple times and sighs--casting a glance at Dakota. 

"Hey." Sam greeted his brother, his eyes shifting over to Dakota briefly. 

"Hey." Dean whispered quietly. 

"Caught a case." Sam announced. "Apparently something is taking people and leaving their clothes."

"Shh." Dean quickly shushed his brother when his voice began to raise. Sam apologized before handing Dean the tablet in his hands. "Hmm. About time this gig got an 'R' rating. All right. Why don't you check it out? I'll hold down the fort." Dean proposed, Dakota whined and curled around Dean's pillow tighter. 

Dean held out the tablet for Sam, but the taller Winchester didn't take it--shifting awkwardly. 

"Dean, you haven't left the bunker in a week. I don't think Dakota's seen sunlight in awhile, that's not good." 

Dean just gave him a look, before looking down and tossing the tablet on his bed. Dakota made a noise as it hit her shin, she lifted her head and glared at Dean.

"Sorry, baby." He cooed gently as he rubbed her leg, before he shifted his gaze to Sam. "And?"  

"And you can't just live the rest of your life locked up in this room. Dakota needs to get out too, Dean." 

"I don't know. I got three hots and a cot. Dakota's fine, Sammy, if she wants to leave you can take her somewhere. Could be worse." Dean shrugged, giving Dakota a goofy smile as she sat up. 

"Look, I know you're worried about the Mark." Sam pressed his lips together, giving Dean a sympathetic look. 

"Yes, Sam. I am." Dean snapped, glaring up at his brother. He sighed before looking over at Dakota. "Hey, baby, why don't you go to room and watch a movie, all right?" 

"Okay, dad." Dakota agreed, kissing Dean's cheek and giving him a tired smile. 

They wait until Dakota's bedroom door shuts before Dean continues talking.

"Between what I did to Charlie--what I could do to Dakota? I'm terrified, Sam." Dean admitted.

"Charlie forgave you." Sam pressed, he quieted his voice and glanced over his shoulder. "Dean, you could never hurt Dakota, even if you were being controlled. It's not something you could ever do. How about you forgive yourself?" 

"Because I'm not exactly batting 1,000 here, you know?" Dean sighed, patting the book on his lap. "Sam, I just I can't ignore this. Me being here? It's putting Dakota at risk, and I can't have that. So I'm going to sit here and figure out how to get rid of this friggin' thing. For Dakota." 

"Yeah, I do know that, but staying locked up in here, sitting on the ground reading the same lore books over and over and over again, it's not helping you. Dakota needs you, Dean, regardless of the Mark. She needs her dad. You need to get back into the game for your own good. You can beat this, Dean." 

Sam sighs lightly, pleading with his brother. 

"Do you really believe that?" Dean questioned, his tone layered with different emotions. 

"Yeah, you're damn right I believe that. Dakota believes it to, man."

"You know, you also believed in the Easter Bunny till you were 12. Dakota was scared of the toilet till she was eleven." 

"No, I didn't." Sam scoffed. "Besides you were the one who told Dakota there was a monster in the toilet." 

Dean shrugged, smiling slightly. "Best part of being a parent, Sam, is to mess with your kids a little." 

"Look, I was 11." Sam corrected, laughing slightly over Dean's words. 

"And a half." Dean pressed. 

Sam sighed. "And a half. Right. So?"

Dean sighed, shutting the book. "Okay." He relented. 

They spent all day asking people about what happened that night in the bar, talking to the witness you saw the victim before he disappeared. Dakota wasn't allowed to talk to the homeless man, not after she tried making friends with one when she was younger. 

So she was told to wait in the car while they talked to the homeless man. 

Sam offered to take Dakota with him while he checks out the victim's house, letting Dean ask around the bar again. Dean looked a little uneasy about splitting up.

Sam tried to make a plan for them to stay together, but Dean assured him that he'd be fine alone. 

Sam and Dakota didn't find much at J.P.'s place, except that he was going to be evicted. After being told some vivid details about J.P.'s bathroom, Sam covered Dakota's eyes while he looked around there. 

"His bathroom was, 'like staring into the devil's butt.'" Sam quoted to Dean.

"That's vivid." Dean said awkwardly. 

"And accurate. I saw it." Sam told him, Dakota huffed and pointed at the phone, she wanted to talk to Dean. "Not right now, bug." 

"You saw the john, or, uh--"

"Don't." Sam cuts his brother off, glancing at Dakota.

"Dakota didn't see it, did she?" Dean questioned, concerned about his daughter's mental state.

"No, I covered her eyes before she could see anything." Sam assured. "So, you got anything?" 

"Yeah. I got, uh, jack with two scoops of  squat." Dean sighed, listening to Dakota's quiet complaints to Sam. "I don't know, man. I think we ought to just call it a night and, uh..." 

Dean trailed off in confusion. Dakota's brow furrowed.

"Daddy?" Dakota asked, worried. 

"I'm okay, baby. I think I got something." Dean assured Dakota before hanging up.

"Sammy, will he be okay?" Dakota questioned, looking up at her uncle with wide eyes. 

"Yeah, bug, he'll be fine." Sam forced a smile. 

"C-can we go find him? Please?" Dakota stuttered a bit.

 Ever since Dean got the Mark of Cain, Dakota has clung to him. She always stayed with him, sitting outside his room if he didn't let her in. Checking in with him to make sure he's okay. 

"Yeah, let's go." Sam easily agreed, grabbing Dakota's hand and pulling her to the car. 

<><><><>

Sam might've broken a few road rules to get to the bar, but Dakota didn't care. She was worried about Dean, she tried calling him on Sam's phone but he wouldn't answer. 

"When we're inside, stay close to me." Sam ordered her lightly, placing a hand on her shoulder as he escorted her towards the building. 

Sam pulled out his phone after not seeing Dean inside, calling his phone--only to hear it ring from inside.

"Dad?" Dakota called out, looking around in confusion before she noticed the bartender holding Dean's jacket and phone. "Sammy." 

"I see." Sam told her, tensing his jaw and nudging Dakota behind him. "Hey, buddy? Where did that jacket come from?" 

The bartender chuckled. "My bar mitzvah. It was a magical night." 

"Yeah, I bet." Sam spat sarcastically. 

Dakota kicked the back of the bartenders shin, causing him to lose balance for Sam to slam him against the bar. 

"Why don't' you try it again?" Dakota hissed.

The bartender groaned and placed a hand against his forehead. "Dumpster. Found it by the dumpster." 

"All right." Sam relented, grabbing Dakota and storming out of the bar. 

Sam kept his hand holding Dakota's arm as they searched around the dumpsters. 

Dakota whined when she found something under the dumpster, she dropped to her knees and picked up the object.

"Oh, God." Dakota gasped, her hands shaking.

She held Dean's discarded shoe in her hands. 

"Dakota?" Sam questioned, Dakota held it up to Sam.

"It's dad's." She informed, Sam glanced over at her before his eyes fell on something else. 

"His gun." He told her, reaching passed her to grab it. 

"It's dirty." She whined slightly, brushing off the handle but her brows drew together as a gold dust came off it. "Ew." 

She held her hand out to Sam with a sheepish look. He sighed and grabbed her hand, smelling powder on her hand.

"Flowers." He informed with a surprised look.

<><><><>

Dakota paced around the motel room as Sam researched any lore about flower dust. 

"It's not another muse, is it?" Dakota stressed, running a hand through her hair. She remember that Calliope, one of the nine muses, left flowers around the play set. 

"I don't think so." Sam sighed, rubbing his forehead. 

"But it co--"

A knock on the door interrupted Dakota's sentence. Her and Sam exchanged confused glances. He slowly got up and pulled out his gun as he answered the door. 

"Yeah?" Sam asked gruffly, not even hiding his gun. Dakota looked over at the teen boy standing on the other side of the door, she cocked her head to the side. 

"Hiya, Sammy." The boy greeted. 

Sam's posture changed, he scanned the kid's face and leaned closer. "Dean?" 

Dean stared at him before pushing his way in and took off his hat. 

"Yeah." 

"Oh, what the hell...I'll never be able to unsee this." Dakota gasped, walking up to her teenage dad. 

Dean smiled briefly before walking past her toward the bedroom part of the motel room. He grabbed his duffle bag and dug through it as Sam and Dakota gaped at him. 

"W-wait a second." Sam stuttered. "Y-you're a--"

"Uh-huh." Dean hummed. 

"How?" Sam questioned. 

"Some scarface-looking dude, bright light." Dean explained cryptically. "Next thing I know, I wake up looking like Bieber." 

"Why would someone turn you into--"

"Don't know. Don't care." Dean cuts his daughter off. "Hey, we got any grenades?" 

"What the hell? No!" Dakota sputtered. 

"Don't-wait, wait, wait. Wait a second. Talk to me." Sam exploded as Dean tried to walk passed him. 

"Really, Sam? Now?" Dean snapped. "I got no grass on the infield, I'm the same age as my daughter now, and a girl's gonna die." 

"What the hell." 

Sam stared at him with wide eyes.

"Sorry if I'm not in a chatty mood." Dean continued. "Look, you wanted me back in the game. I'm back in the damn game. Come on." 

Dean walked out, leaving his family standing back with bewildered expression.

"What the hell." Dakota repeated again before following after her dad.

Dean stopped walking when he noticed a lady drop her room key. 

"Ma'am, allow me." Dean said, reaching down to pick it up before the woman could. 

Dakota smiled at the woman as she drags her dad away from the woman, telling her to have good night. 

"Your son is so polite." The woman told Sam, gesturing after Dean and Dakota. "So is your daughter. Are they twins?" 

Sam furrowed his brow. "Uh, thanks. And no." 

Dean patted the top of the Impala impatiently. Dakota just stared at Dean, unable to look away from him. 

"Where are we heading?" Sam asked as Dean climbed into the car. 

"Tell you guys on the way." Dean informed. 

Dean looked down as he was too short to reach the pedals, he sighed and moved the seat all the way forward. 

"Okay, okay. Hey, hey, hey, hey." Sam strained as his knees were crammed against his chest. "Wait, uh...maybe I should drive?" 

Dean looked at Sam's position.

"Yeah." He sighed. 

"Yeah." Sam echoed. "Okay. Seat. Seat. Seat." 

Dean complied and moved the seat back to its original position, getting out and switching seats with Sam. Dakota couldn't help but bust out laughing. 

On the drive, Dean--as promised--explained what happened to him and where he was. 

"Cake. Why would they give you cake?" Dakota questioned, staring at Dean. 

"Well, don't know." Dean answered. "Can you stop staring at me, Kota? It's freaking me out." 

"Oh, I'm sorry, this is just extremely weird to me. You're like my age!" 

"It's weird for me, too!" Dean assured with the same tone. They gave each other the same blank face. "And the cake wasn't even that good." 

"Too dry?" Dakota asked, smirking in amusement. 

"Yeah." Dean grinned. 

Sam kept looking over at Dean and then to Dakota, Dean looked at him weirdly. Shifting uncomfortable as Sam just kept moving his gaze back to them. 

"What?" Dean hissed, finally fed up with Sam's weirdness. 

Sam pressed his lips together and looked over.

"Nothing." 

Dean moved back to his spot, giving his brother a weird look. 

"Okay, not nothing. Look, this is bizarre. Even for us, Dean. This is insane. You--you're like--what, you're like 14? How does it even feel?"

"Well, I'm me." Dean sighed. "I'm--I'm old me, but I'm a kid.It's freakin' weird, dude. And..."

"What?" Dakota asked. 

"There was a Taylor Swift song on the bus that I hopped to the motel, and, uh...I liked it, Sam." Dean confessed. "I liked it a lot." 

"Dude, I don't even like Taylor Swift." Dakota said. 

"Okay." Sam accepted in confusion. 

"And my voice is weird, and I've got like nine zits, and I have zero control over this. I mean, it's up. It's down. It's up for no reason." Dean ranted. 

"Gross!" 

"That's enough. Yeah, thanks. Uh, let's just call it puberty." 

"Yeah, which sucks. Again." Dean seethes. Dakota laughs. 

"I know it does, but you should be lucky. Mines worse." 

"You haven't gone through puberty, don't be dramatic."

"She has, Dean." Sam corrected awkwardly. "I had to buy her...things." 

"Okay, moving on!" Dakota shouts. 

"Well, listen, I checked out the alley where you got jumped, and I found yarrow." Sam revealed, Dakota looked at him. He didn't tell her that he knew what it was. 

"Which means what?" Dakota and Dean asked. 

"Means we're probably dealing with a witch." Sam explained. "Yarrow's a flower. They use it in a ton of spells." 

"Okay. We still got some of that witch-killing crap in the trunk?" 

"Hell, yeah." Dakota answers. "So, we'll get you changed back, and then light Sabrina's ass up."

"Watch your mouth." Dean sighed, before looking down at his lap. 

"Right?" Sam pressed, confused by Dean's silence. 

Dean shifted uncomfortably. 

"Uh, yeah, about that." He started, glancing at Sam a couple of times. "It turns out, this whole freak show has an upside." 

Dean pulled up his jacket sleeve, revealing his bare forearm--no Mark of Cain anywhere to be seen.

"The Mark is gone." Dakota gasped, leaning forward. 

"How?" Sam swallowed thickly. 

"Well, I figure if this hoodoo slammed me back into the body I had when I was 14--"

"You didn't have the Mark then." Sam sighed, cutting Dean off. 

"Yeah, and if we reverse the spell--" Dean trailed, leaving his statement open for one of them to finish. 

"Then it's gonna come back." Dakota was the one to finish. 

"That's what I'm thinking." Dean agreed. "So...maybe we don't." 

"Oh, hell no." Dakota snapped. "Look, I want the Mark gone, of course I do. But I want a dad not a brother." 

"No, but...if it's between being a psycho rage monster/borderline demon or a teenager, well..." Dean sighed. 

"Really?" Sam questioned. 

"Look, I'm not a fan, either, but...guys, this is problem solved. And I'm still me, Kota, I'm still your dad. I can still hunt. I'm just, you know...dewier." Dean shrugged.

"Yeah, my dad's my age. That's believable." Dakota scoffed. 

"Oka, look, y-you have a point, kind of, but, dude--"

"I know." Dean cut Sam off. "Some good news, though--virgin liver." Dean smirked. "So, what do you say when we're done doing our hero thing, we take her for a test-drive?" 

"Yeah, sure." Sam breathed out, glancing at Dakota in rearview mirror. "I mean...you can drink again in, what, like seven years?" 

"What?" 

"You're underaged, doofus." Dakota pushed Dean's head forward, laughing as he swatted at her hand.

"That's not funny." He deadpanned. 

"That's kind of funny." Sam and Dakota spoke in unison.

"That's not funny." Dean repeated. 

"Oh, come on, man. It's kind of funny." Sam chuckled. 

Dakota leaned back in her seat, laughing quietly under her breath. Dean crossed his arms over his chest, pouting. Sam glanced between Dean and Dakota again, like he was doing earlier. 

"What is your problem, Sammy?" Dakota finally questioned. 

"You guys are practically twins." He shrugged. 

Dakota and Dean looked at each other, each picking out their own features from the other. They grinned at each other and shrugged at Sam.

"I feel weird calling you dad when you're like this." Dakota admitted once silence fell over them again. 

The three Winchesters walked toward the house Dean escaped from. Each of them holding flashlights so they could see in the dark.

"Looks like someone's home." Sam pointed out when they stopped walking. 

"Okay. Let's go in through the basement." Dean suggested. "Get Tina out first." 

"All right." 

Dean grabbed Dakota's wrist and pulled her along with him. Dakota felt weird looking at Dean, he didn't look like her dad at all. She looked more like her brother. If she had one, ignoring Milo's existence--she didn't see him as her brother. 

Dean released Dakota once they got to the basement window, the one Dean crawled out of. 

"Still open." He told the other two, raising the pane of glass up. He leaned down and peered inside the basement. "Tina? All right, let's go."

Sam raised his brow in surprise, glancing at the opening behind Dean. 

"Dean, I'm way too big to fit in that." Sam stated. 

Dean grinned. "First time you ever had to say that, huh?" 

"Big talk coming from the dude wearing underoos." Sam snapped in reply. 

Dean opened his mouth to say something, but sighed when he had nothing. Nodding his head, "okay, good one. Here, why don't you go around back for another way in? Dakota and I will squeeze in through here." Dean explained.

"Yeah." Sam agreed. 

Dean crouched down and wedged himself through the bars, grunting quietly as he wiggled his way past. He held the glass open as much as possible, waving Dakota through.

"C'mon, baby, I gotcha." He assured as he helped her.

"Don't call me that when you're like this, it's weird." Dakota grimaced, patting Dean's shoulder lightly. Dean shut the glass pain as quietly as possible. 

He sighed and hung his head, shaking it gently. 

The two pulled out their guns and flashlights, making their way through the dark basement silently. They walked into a cell, glancing around with sad expressions. Dean nudged a bucket away from the corner with his foot. 

He reached into the corner and grabbed the white object sitting there. Once he held it up, Dakota whimpered quietly--unable to contain the sound. 

Dean shivered, dropping the skull back in its place. 

Dakota's breathing turned shallow, she inched closer to Dean who stopped moving. He lifted his head before spinning around with his gun raised. Dean stalked forward with Dakota stumbling after him. 

Dakota gasped quietly as she attempted to regain her breath. She followed after her dad and tried to ignore the unsettling feeling in her stomach. 

Dakota was suddenly wrenched backward, thick arms wrapped themselves around the girl. She cried out in shock and pain as one of the arms wrapped around her neck. Dean spun around quickly, his eyes turning murderous. He glared at the man holding his daughter in a chokehold.

Dean tried to step forward, his gun held up, but the man strengthened his hold on Dakota. The girl choked harshly and fought against the man, watching her dad with panic filled eyes. 

Suddenly the man released his hold, stumbling forward and collapsing on the ground. Dakota crumpled as she sucked in a large breath, Dean caught her quickly. He whispered assurances as he pulled her back to where Sam was standing. 

The man started to get back up, rubbing his head where Sam hit him.

"Don't!" Sam ordered. Dakota's breath was returning but the panicked look remained in her eyes. She kept a tight grip on Dean's arm. 

"Where's the girl?" Dean hissed angrily, keeping his arm wrapped around Dakota's middle. 

"Upstairs. Alive." The man answered gruffly. 

"What did you do to us?" Dean demanded. 

"Nothing." The man responded, his eyes narrowed slightly. "I'm no witch. I just work for one." 

Dakota furrowed her brow as she stared at the man. 

"Crappy gig. Where is he?" Sam spat. 

The man looked up at Sam slowly, his expression blank. 

"She." He corrected. "And she is the worst person in the world."

"Is that so?" Dakota wheezed, the man turned his gaze on her. His head tilted creepily, Dean pulled Dakota closer to him protectively. 

"I've been with her for centuries. Things I've seen her do. My sister and I, she made us hurt people, kill people, and when we tried to escape, she caught us and tortured me, and then she made me eat poor gretel's heart." The man explained. 

Dakota narrowed her eyes, Sam mimicked her expression as they both pieced together the man's story. 

"Wait. Witch? Gretel?" Dean questioned, looking over at Sam and Dakota. "What, are you saying that you're..." 

"Hansel." The man, Hansel, finished. He glanced between the Winchesters in confusion. "My name is Hansel." 

"Hansel? And--and....Gretel?" Dakota stated in confusion. "Hansel and Gretel, like the...like the fable? Like Brothers Grimm?"

"It wasn't a fable." Hansel stood up slowly. Dean pulled Dakota behind him, raising his gun up just in case. "It was based on a true story. They just gave it a happy ending."

"Oh, okay." Dean said sarcastically. "We get to barbecue a celebrity. Cool." 

"You can't kill her." Hansel deadpanned. "You're just men with a small child." 

"We're more than that." Sam insisted, taking a couple steps back, picking up a vial of blood. "We're hunters." 

"Ah." Hansel nodded before pressing his lips together. "Then let me help." 

"Help? What's in it for you?" Dean asked. 

"Because if you're going to fry that candy-coated bitch, I want in. She killed my sister, how would you feel if she killed yours?" He asked, gesturing at Dakota as he stared at Dean.

"That's my daughter." Dean corrected, giving the man an unimpressed look. It was his fault that Dean looked like Dakota's brother at the moment. 

"You want to help?" Sam chimed in, sounding done with the conversation. He stepped forward and pointed his gun at Hansel's chest. "Tell me how to turn him back." He demanded. 

"Sam, it can wait." Dean argued. 

"Tell me how!" Sam urged, his voice raising. 

Hansel sighed. "The hex bag that I'm wearing. It will reverse the spell. Squeeze it, and you'll return to your proper age." 

Dean licked his lips, glancing at the bag before moving his gaze to Dakota and Sam. Sam lowered his weapon, his eyes planted on the hex bag. 

"Look, we waste the witch, I give you the cure. Deal?" Hansel asked. 

The Winchesters exchanged looks. Dean and Dakota gave each other a pointed glance. The three nodded at Hansel before they came up with a plan. 

<><><><>

The Winchesters followed Hansel up the stairs, Dakota took a couple deep breaths and grabbed onto Sam's hand. He squeezed her hand and gave her an encouraging and assuring nod. 

"Hansel." The witch greeted as he opened the door.

"And pals." Dean spoke up, rounding the corner into the room. Sam and Dakota quickly followed suit, the three Winchesters holding up weapons. 

Dakota and Sam held guns while Dean was holding the vial  and a lighter.

"Well, our lost lamb." The witch grinned at Dean. "I thought we'd have to go looking for you. Maybe even abandon our home sweet home here. I never dreamt you'd be stupid enough to come back on your own. Hansel, take care of them." 

The witches expression changed when Hansel didn't do as she said. Hansel walked around Sam and stood next to Dakota.

"Yeah, he's not exactly your biggest fan." Dakota hissed.

"Maybe you shouldn't have made him chow down on his sister." Sam added. 

"I never made Hansel do anything." The witch said.

Hansel gripped Dakota's gun as he slammed his elbow against her face. Dakota fell to the ground, crying out in pain. Hansel quickly punched Sam roughly, Sam collapsed with a groan. 

"Damn it!" Dean swore, he tried to light the vial's fuse, but the lighter wouldn't work. Dakota whimpered in pain, her vision turned fuzzy as she gripped onto her nose. 

"They're hunters!" Hansel spat. 

"Rumpatur!" The witch shouted, the bottle in Dean's hand flew toward the wall, shattering on impact. 

Dean sighed, nodding his head as he raised his hands in surrender. Sam collected himself, sitting on his knees next to Dean. He pulled Dakota across the ground and between him and Dean. Sam raised his hands up too. 

Hansel gave Dean a pointed look and gestured with the gun. Dean sighed again before he dropped to his knees next ot his daughter, he gave her a questioning and concerned look. She swallowed and nodded, her hand still over her bloody nose. 

"Now...who's hungry?" The witch smirked, placing her hand on her hip.

Dakota made a noise, trying to breathe through her nose but winced. Dean moved toward her but Hansel pointed the gun at him, stopping him in his tracks. 

"Don't move." Hansel ordered. 

The witch strolled over and stopped in front of Dean, placing a hand on his shoulder and squeezing. 

"Ooh. Oh, scrawny." She pointed out. "We'll have to fatten you up." 

"Don't friggin' touch him." Dakota seethed, glaring at the witch. She dropped her hand from her nose and narrowed her es at the witch.

"Oh, I'm going to do more than that." She grinned, grabbing Dean and Dakota's chins. They both squirmed in her grasp. "Children. Oh, they're so sweet and innocent. And delicious. You'll see." 

"Bitch." Dakota hissed, her voice too quiet for anyone but the Winchesters to hear her. 

"When I cook him up, I'll give you some, hmm?" The witch hummed. 

"If you like kids so much, why not go after kids?" Sam questioned. 

"Sammy, what the hell?!" Dakota snapped. Dean gave his brother a what the hell expression. 

"What's with this whole Fountain of Youth?" 

"Hmm, in the olden days, if a child went missing--ah, the young died all the time. Now, though, with all your amber alerts and your milk cartons, a person fillets one rug rat, and people get so angry." 

"Yeah, I blame Obama." Dean stated with a sarcastic smile. Sam gave him a bewildered expression, Dean shrugged in response. 

"So, I improvise. I take adults no one will miss and give them back their youth." 

Dakota's glare turned dark. She would miss Dean, of course she would. He wasn't just some random person that nobody cared about, Dakota needed him. 

"And then Kentucky-fry 'em." Dean finished. 

"It's the only way I can eat in peace." 

Dakota's hand started to inch toward her back pocket, she glanced at her dad--his eyes followed her hand. Dean quickly spoke up. 

"So, uh, is it worth it?" He asked. "I mean, word on the street is people kind of taste like chicken." 

"What the hell, dad." 

"A bit." The witch agreed. "European children are more, uh, free-range, gamier. Americans, though--ooh--they are Heaven." 

Dakota slipped her hand into her pocket, wrapping her fingers around her knife. Her eyes planted on Hansel, when he looked her way she released the knife. 

"Fattier." The witch continued. "The meat, so finely marbled, it's almost buttery. I just can't get enough." 

Dean held a sarcastic smile on his face as he hummed. "Hmm. Awesome." He held two thumbs up. 

"No, I am in awe." The witch spoke up, Dakota's eyes went back to Hansel. "This is my first visit to your country, and I have to say God bless the U.S.A." 

"Oh, so, you're a tourist." Dean said.

"No." The witch corrected. "It's business, not pleasure. An old friend is causing trouble, and the grand coven asked me to take care of her. Poor, stupid Rowena." The witch snapped.

Dakota and Sam's expression turned blank as they heard the name. Dean's brow furrowed. 

"Wait. Rowena?" Dean asked. 

Dakota pulled out her knife and pressed the button, switching the blade out.

"She got red hair, a thing for ritzy hotels?" Dean continued.

"How do you know that?" 

Dakota shook her head, and bolted forward--slamming the gun out of Hansel's hand as she swiped at him with her blade. Dean followed her lead and tackled Hansel, Sam stood up to the witch as she tried to swipe at him with a knife.

 He caught her arm, snapping her wrist down so she released the knife. It clattered to the ground, she quickly hit Sam's knife out of his hand. She placed her hands on Sam's chest and shoved him back, he flew across the room and into a cabinet. 

Dakota and Dean layed on Hansel, trying to keep him pinned. He shoved them both back, Dakota landed on top of Dean with a groan. Hansel grabbed Dakota by the neck of her jacket and threw her across the room. 

Hansel then began to slam Dean repeatedly into the ground. Dakota grunted and pushed herself up, she threw herself on top of Hansel, wrapping her arm around his neck and yanking backwards. 

Hansel shook her off quickly, kicking Dean in the face when he tried to help Dakota. Hansel grabbed Dakota and slammed her against the fridge. He punched her in the face a couple times, causing her to lose the fight in her and she sagged against him. She groaned softly. 

"Now you'll burn!" The witch shouted. 

Dean threw himself at Hansel, glaring at the man. But, since he was only a kid now, Hansel easily overpowered him. He threw Dean against the counter harshly, knocking the wind out of the Winchester. 

"Stay down, boy." He seethed, before slamming Dakota against the fridge once more before dropping her. "You too." 

Dakota whimpered, Dean gasped for hair and clenched his jaw as pain radiated throughout his back. He pushed it away and crawled across the floor quickly, wrapping his arms around Dakota.

"Turn him!" The witch yelled at Hansel. 

Hansel wheeled around on Sam with a creepy grin. Sam, still trying to recover from being thrown against a cabinet of glass and plates, groaned. 

Dean breathed harshly as he held Dakota, his eyes fell on the kitchen knife the witch dropped. He cursed quietly and kissed Dakota's head gently, the girl was out of it. 

She'd taken too many hits to the head, completely oblivious to where she was. 

"It's okay, baby. It'll be okay." He whispered to her quietly. He placed Dakota gently on the ground. 

Hansel went to grab the bag, but noticed it was gone. He turned around to the other two Winchesters. Dean held up the bag with a tired yet angry smile. 

The Winchester wrapped his hand around the bag and bright light filled the room. Hansel and the witch scream in pain as the light blinds them. 

Dean, now grown up, grabs the knife off the floor and stabs Hansel. He lets the man fall before turning toward the witch, no remorse on his face as he stalks forward. His face completely filled with rage as he grips onto the bag. 

He shoved the bag into the witch's mouth and pushed her into the oven, shutting the door behind her. He locked the door as her screams filled the room. 

Dean turned and met Sam's eyes, both of them sighing in relief that it was over. Dean closed his eyes briefly before looking over to the oven, he slid the tiny window closed and the screams stopped. 

Dean quickly rushed back over to Dakota as Sam untied Tina. 

"Kota? Hey, baby, you with me?" Dean asked, cradling Dakota's face. She blinked a couple of times as her hazy gaze locked onto Dean. 

"Daddy?" She mumbled in confusion. 

"Yeah, it's me, I'm here." He assured her, smiling softly. 

"You're you again." She pointed out, her words slurred together slightly. 

"Yeah." Dean chuckled. "I'm me." 

<><><><>

"That was crazy." Tina said as the four of them stood outside. "Like...psycho crazy." 

Dean held a still loopy Dakota in his arms, she slept peacefully on his shoulder. Once they deemed Dakota clear of any concussions, they allowed her to sleep. She had awoken from her foggy state of mind and her words turned clearer, they figured she'd be fine. 

"And you do this all the time?" Tina continued, glancing between them. 

"All the freakin' time." Dean shrugged a little, jostling Dakota slightly with the movement. 

"Not all the time." Sam corrected his brother, pressing his lips together. Dean made a face but accepted his brother's correction.

"So...can you turn me back?" Tina asked. 

Dean and Sam's faces fell as they sighed, glancing at each other. 

"The hex bag went up in flames. I'm so sorry, Tina." He apologized. 

"We may be able to reverse engineer the spell, though." Sam spoke up. 

Tina looked down and nodded. She turned her head and saw her reflected in the window beside her. Her expression changed as she thought about it, turning back to the Winchesters.

"Or maybe you don't." She said.

Sam blinked. "Come again?" 

Dean's brow furrowed as he looked at Tina in confusion. 

"I got three ex-husbands, 50 grand in debt, and not much else." Tina admitted. "I was..kind of a crappy adult. Maybe I'll do better this time around. Get out of town, get a fresh start. This is my second chance. Everybody wants a second chance, right?"

Dean's eyes held so much pain as he nodded his head to Tina's words. Everyone wanted a second chance.

"Sure you're gonna be all right?" Dean asked, changing his expression into a blank one. 

"Like I told you, I always am." She answered. 

Dean forced a smile and nodded, bringing Dakota closer to him. He looked over at Sam.

"Can we at least give you a ride somewhere?" Sam offered. 

Tina nodded her head and turned toward the Impala. Dean followed before looking at Sam. 

"Give me the keys." He ordered, having missed being able to drive. 

They dropped Tina off at the bus station, Dakota followed her in to make sure she was okay. Sam and Dean leaned against the Impala as they waited for Dakota. 

"Is it back?" Sam asked. 

Dean sighed and pulled up his sleeve, showing Sam the Mark that was back on his forearm. 

"Look, I know what you're gonna say, okay?" Dean said. "But you were in deep. Dakota wasn't even coherently." 

"I know, I know." Sam agreed. "You saved me and Kota, and you saved Tina, and...you pulled a Dean Winchester." 

Dean blinked and looked at Sam in surprise. 

"Thank you."

Dean blinked again and shook his head--ignoring Sam's remark about 'pulling a Dean Winchester'. 

"Anytime." Dean assured, smiling slightly. 

"Look, man...do I wish the Mark was gone? Yes, of course. Absolutely, I do, but...I wanted you back. And now here you are, and you didn't hulk out, so...I'll take the win. As for the rest of it--the mark, everything else...we'll figure it out." Sam said. "We always do." 

"Damn right." Dean agreed, a genuine smile on his face. It was small, but it was there. "Let's get out of here, as soon as Dakota gets her ass out here." He chuckled. 

"Yeah." 

They both got in the Impala as they waited. Dean started the car and a Taylor Swift song came on, Sam wanted for him to change it. Dean simply shrugged and left it on. 

"You were right, you know?" Dean spoke up, letting Taylor's song play. 

"I typically am, but what do you mean?" Sam boasted with a smile. 

"Kota...she needs her dad. She needs me, and I'm gonna make damn sure that I'm there for her." 

Speaking of the little Winchester, she came running out of the station toward the Impala. She slipped into the backseat and kissed Dean's cheek, hugging him as best as she could. 

"I missed you, dad." She said.

"I never left, Kota." Dean pointed out, chuckling at her. 

"I know...but it was weird when you were a kid. It wasn't you, I didn't feel like you were my dad like that. I mean, you were my age, it was just weird." She explained. 

"I know, baby, it was weird for me too." He agreed, patting her hand before telling her to sit back. "Let's get the hell out of here." 

Dakota chuckled and sat back, not even questioning the music that was playing. She exchanged an odd look with Sam, but didn't speak up. 

Dean tore out of the parking lot quickly, racing down the street. 

It's been a long time coming but I finally wrote this flashback! It's taken me a couple of days, given this chapter is over 6,000 words long. 

Okay, I feel like I owe you guys an explanation. You might not even care, but I'm going to tell you anyways. I disappeared last week because it was my first week of college and things are hectic. 

I'm going to school everyday and I work when I'm not at school, so I have very little free time. I'm going to keep updating as much as I possibly can, but things are going to be spaced out a bit. There might be a couple weeks before I get a chapter out. But I promise it will be out as soon as possible. 

I feel like now is the time to tell you this, but with the plot picking up with Jack and Dakota--this story is coming to an end. I'm not sure when exactly it will end, but I know it's coming up soon. I don't know if I will finish season 13 or not, I might skip through various episodes. 

I love Dakota, I truly do. She's my first ever character that I've shared with people. I'm beyond grateful for the response I've received with this book. I just feel like her story is coming to a close. 

I love you guys so much. I'm so grateful for every single one of you. You're beautiful, you're loved, and you're wanted. Always remember that. You're all perfect. 

If you read this little rant, thank you. If not, that's totally okay, it was just there for me to know I said it. 

Love, Kaz. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 2.1K 98
Never did you think you would have children of your own, especially with the love of your life. Now that you finally do, you have to realize that the...
12.2K 427 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
272 51 10
Dean Winchester is your classic playboy until he Meets a 25 year old badass hunter named Emma young Emma has had a hard childhood she never knew her...
150K 3.5K 21
Hello I'm Gabrielle .S. Winchester but you can call me Brie. I'm a young Hunter of the supernatural. I love books, Classic rock, and Hunting. Yes. I...