Punisher

By ILoveBooksAndMath

What happens when you push Marinette Dupain-Cheng too far? What happens when you break her heart into Shards... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Untitled Part 18

Chapter 6

4.6K 92 163
By ILoveBooksAndMath

This chapter is filler. With uh, some shippy stuff in it.

Search party

It had been weeks since Punisher was last seen and Lila went missing. The only thing the police could find was a hole in a wall caused by a dagger. But it was verified to be old. Chat rubbed his temples. What in the world was Marinette doing? He was frustrated and worried at the same time.

Did she...No, she wouldn't do that to Lila. Even if she did, she would've given up her akuma, her job would be done. She was planning something. And that girl was smart. He thought back to the battle they had. She knew the belt was detachable, and she used it to her advantage. Chat said au revoir to the police before using his baton to lift him into the air.

Chat ran across a few rooftops. Enjoying the wind as it blew through his hair. He landed on a rooftop. His pupils shrinking. He looked among buildings. "If I were a smart and beautiful akuma who hated Lila Rossi where would I be." He whispered to himself. In a feline-like pose. He leaped to the next building. Looking around.

Dammit. He couldn't think of anything. Damn Marinette. Damn Hawkmoth. He needed to find some clues to where she was. He had no idea when or where execution day was, or what was going to happen. Especially since that name was a bit..scary with no meaning.

He decided to go back to the one place where she could be but with a small chance. She returned to her balcony. Seeing if anything was out of place or recently used. Same with checking her room. He sighed and just went back up and jumped off. He really needed a close friend right now. And none of his classmates were available.

Chat went in an alley and detransformed. He grinned. Knowing just where to go.

---

Adrien stepped into the doors of the hotel. Looking around nervously. He heard the familiar voice.

"Addriiikiiinnnss!"

Before the other blonde could run up and kiss him, he awkwardly stopped her by grabbing her shoulders stiffly. He gave her an awkward smile before releasing. Chloe raised a brow at him and he just looked to the side. She rolled her blue eyes. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Well, I needed to talk to someone and Nino isn't an option and Marinette...is kinda dangerous." He could already hear her cold voice in his head correcting him. 'It's Punisher."

Chloe's eyes narrowed and widened. "You've been talking to that baker's daughter?! For how long!" Chloe's foot tapped her foot impatiently. "Oh my god did you come here to talk about your feelings! You're in love with her?!"

Adrien shook his head. "No! I-" He groaned. "It's complicated. Um, we've been talking like for forever now. But I think she hates me now and I hate myself for it." Chloe stared at him. "Ugh, very well. Let's go." She scoffed. They walked beside each other to the elevator.

...

"We had a fight. Not like an actual fist fight but an argument of some sort." Adrien explained. Technically they did have a fight but he couldn't tell his civilian friend he was Chat Noir and Punisher hit him with a giant fucking hammer. And that thing hurt.

Chloe filed her nails humming. "Well, once she does get over this akumatization thing. Honestly, I hope she murders that girl." Adrien looked at her shocked. "Chloe!" he yelled earning her a snicker. "Look, Lila ruined her. She took my throne. And now she's getting her karma. Chat might as well give up and let Lila have it." She shrugged with a smirk. "I heard that he got his ass handed to."

Adrien frowned. Sighing. She was a strong akuma. And he had no idea how he was going to stop her. He needed his partner but she was nowhere to be found. And it really wasn't going to help her reputation at all.

Chloe looked at him. Her blue eyes flickered back to the nail file. "You should probably keep by her side. Since she'll have no memory of this and will probably revert back into her shell. Just a friend Marinette is gonna need it."

Adrien nodded. Standing up. "I gotta go. Cya Chloe." She just waved at him before he left. Finding Marinette was his top priority.

---

It was night. Chat kept thinking. If he were vengeful of Lila and pretty violent where would he-

"Looking for me?"

Chat turned around to see Punisher. Sitting on a neighboring building with not too much of a gap, she could jump down if she wanted to. But she didn't look like normal Punisher. She was in a black crop top and leggings. Chat wondered how she even was able to remove the suit and remembered it had a zipper, duh, and probably had clothes under. He pursed his lips.

He was going to reach for his baton. But then she pulled it from behind her back twirling the silver object. A smirk on her face as she watched his surprised expression. "Looking for this?" Chat looked at her frustrated, she threw the baton, far, pretty far to be exact.

"Okay. You didn't have to do that" He hissed. Putting his fists on his hips. Tapping his foot. She just smiled at him. Crossing her legs. "You really are having a hard time finding me, aren't you?" He huffed. "Yes." He admitted. Punisher's face fell into her palm.

"Look harder than." Chat was getting frustrated and annoyed. "Where? You know what. What are you even wearing? Why did you come here in that knowing I have, well, had a baton?" She looked to the side. And then back to him. "Well, because you looked really frustrated the past few days trying to find me and her." Her smile twitched, he could tell she didn't like the thought of Lila.

"And it really isn't comfortable sleeping in a suit covered in belts. Unless you're saying you prefer me in a skin-tight suit then sleepwear." Chat's face blew up a bright red and he was glad it was night because it'd surely be the first thing you see. His facial expression left a big frown. "No!" He said quickly, flustered he scrambled to get something out. "Y-you, are a distraction!"

Punisher crossed her arms. "I could say the same for you." That left the two of them silent. Chat looked at the ground. "are you mad at me?" He said lowly. Punisher's eyes dulled. "After that day I was conflicted whether to be mad at you or not. But I couldn't, you were never on my side in the first place." He looked up at her when she said that. She was just as hurt as he was from that battle. And it wasn't just physical.

Chat stepped closer. "I'm just trying to help you." Her facial expression changed immediately. Punisher growled. "You want to help me? You can either go back in time and tell Adrien to expose Lila or you can sit back and watch Lila get what she deserves." She looked at him sharply. Chat gulped. She didn't move. "I'm guessing you don't trust me either." Punisher scoffed looking unimpressed. "You know very well that if you knew that this ribbon was my akumatized object earlier. The day I cried in your arms you would've de-evilized me." Her voice had pain in it. But she masked it with her angry looking face. "I told hawkmoth on execution day. I will take your miraculous, and get what I want. A win-win."

The ears on his head went back. He didn't have any words. "I-" He was cut off when she jumped down. Not giving him enough time to react, her face was in his. Slit pupils looking into his dilated ones. They could feel the scarlet heat radiating off their faces that caused their cheeks to go crimson.

Punisher's face remained stern. While Chat was surprised. His lips were in a straight line, his pupils dilated and his leather ears perked. Her hands encased in his. Which made him fidget, his heart beating rapidly. Her lips quirked up, her brows narrowed. Her actions were teasing, she knew how intimate this should be. But it was to keep him from touching her ribbon.

"You can keep finding me. It's not like if I told you to stop you would, you're a hero. And I'm currently the person you're trying to stop." She said. It was a calm, soothing, and flirtatious voice, and it was making him melt. "And I'm pretty sure we both know. That no matter how hard we try, we're still going to end up distracted and hurt this way." That was a little quieter. He was at a loss of words. "Just so you know. Most of the time, Hawkmoth is dormant at night." He opened his mouth to speak. But was cut off by the single finger. Shutting him up immediately.

Her finger moved down to flick his bell. Her ice blue eyes looked up into his acid green. It softened with affection making him freeze up. His shoulder's stiffening. She stepped closer to him. He stumbled as he took a tiny step back. He swore his legs were going to turn to jelly and he was going to die by falling off this roof or from this girl. "Bonne Nuit mon chaton~" She smirked walking backward and disappearing into the night.

Chat was pretty sure his jaw went slack, and his brain stopped working. He blinked into reality. His stomached twisted with a familiar feeling. "Oh, what the hell Punisher." He whispered to himself. She was nowhere to be seen, and his little feline heart was about to explode. She was so very close. Not only had she left. She left him with scrambled feelings.

Adrien tossed and turned the rest of the night.

...

Adrien was chewing his pen. And he was chewing it hard. All other noises were silence to him. He thought about last night. "Unless you're saying you prefer me in a skin-tight suit then sleepwear." He was practically grinding his teeth on the pen.

"And I'm pretty sure we both know. That no matter how hard we try, we're still going to end up "distracted" and hurt this way."

"Adrien."

"Just so you know. Most of the time, Hawkmoth is dormant at night."

"Adrien!"

"Bonne Nuit mon chaton~"

He could still feel the ghost of her fingers on his lips, and the movement that made his bell jingle. Her ice blue eyes softening into a warm affectionate gaze as she looked up at him. Her head tilting up as she stepped closer. Standing on her toes so she could-

"ADRIEN!"

Adrien snapped back into reality pieces of plastic in his mouth, the top of the pen broke from gnawing on it too hard. Nathalie looked at him like he was insane. Adrien grabbed a napkin spitting the pieces out and placing the pen down. A little embarrassed.

Nathalie rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Clearly you're focused on something else." Adrien looked at Nathalie. And then the table he was sitting out as his cheeks flushed. He remained silent Nathalie frowned. "You need to clear your head, return to your room, Adrien." He sighed. Taking his papers and going up the stairs to his room.

"Well, she sure made it so she'd be a real distraction." The black kwami cackled. Adrien flopped on his bed. "Shut up plagg."

---

Adrien had done what he needed to do in school. He didn't spend much time being social anymore, maybe occasionally talking with Chloe but that's it. He could feel the tension when people looked at him. Though, fixing relationships and giving answers wasn't his main priority right now.

He had to find Mrs. Akuma. Yes, he was calling her that. Otherwise, it'd bring back memories. He felt like Batman right now. He had a villain love interest, except, he and Marinette had a platonic relationship. yup, definitely just platonic. And it was only playful flirting.

The class was taking Lila's confession in different ways. But what they all felt. Was guilt. That they had put aside their closest friend for another who they'd known for merely months, opposing to Marinette who they'd known for years. They all kept in their inner circles. The class wasn't as social as it was before.

Adrien sat at lunch with Chloe and Sabrina. He wasn't hungry. Chloe was gloating about something while Sabrina just agreed with her on everything. Complementing the girl like she was some god. Adrien just stared into nothing aimlessly. Some many things were running in his head.

He had to find a way for her to willingly give up her powers. Because it looks like she was determined to ruin Lila. She was fueled with bad energy. He wondered. Just how? What would convince her to stop? He understood all those emotions couldn't be wiped so easily but how.

And then she hid Lila somewhere. Somewhere the police couldn't find. But where? They were searching everywhere. Maybe in hawkmoth's lair. He wouldn't be surprised, but Lila would know where he was and could reveal him. Where would she put Lila that's well hidden.

And then Marinette. Punisher. Had branded his mind with her emblem. And it burned in his brain. So not only did he have his goal to stop her and find Lila. But she was skipping in his mind and it was distracting. She was a distraction. And how terrible is that when the distraction is also the person you're trying to stop?!

Hawkmoth is dormant at night. What was that supposed to mean? A hint? A clue? Maybe she is in hawkmoth's lair...Or maybe it was an invite. His face flushed. His cheeks heating up. It was best he didn't think about it too much or he'd get all frozen and fuzzy again.

Chloe looked at Adrien. Her brow raised with curiosity. He looked at his childhood friend. His eyes widening and he began rubbing his cheeks. He then gave her an awkward smile.

"Geez Adrien I'm mad you don't look at me like that." Chloé said sarcastically Adrien looked at her poker-faced. "I don't think I ever could." She gasped. "Rude!" She grinned playfully. Adrien stuck his tongue out at her with a small giggle. "Since I care about you." She made a disgusted noise before continuing. "Who's the extremely lucky girl? But also, unfortunate."

Adrien narrowed his eyes. "Really? I can't tell you anyway but if I could I wouldn't just because of that." Chloé only snorted. Crossing her arms. "Well, Agreste. Shall I take a wild guess starting with who's ribbon that is?" Adrien looked confused. But then he looked to his wrist. He'd gotten so used to that being on his wrist he forgot it was there. Adrien put his arm on the lunch table. Leaning his face onto his face with a smug look. "That's for me to know and you to figure out."

Chloe was going to retort but the bell rang. Chloe stomped her foot. "That boy!" She shouted. Trying not to smile as she frowned, and Adrien was visibly cackling as he left.

---

Punisher was back in her akuma suit. Sitting against a wall as she played with her zipper. A fond and soft look on her face. Though someone had to interrupt her. "Bleh," Lila spoke. Narrowing her eyes at Punisher. Who glared sharp daggers at her. "Had fun with your boy toy?" Lila said flatly. The girl was tied to a pole.

Punisher grumbled. "May you kindly shut up?" she asked with a fake sweet tone. Lila scoffed. "Wow, you actually have manners!" Punisher rolled her eyes. She grabbed her hammer. "You know the only reason I went to see him was so my plan could go faster." Lila looked at her. "How is seeing Adrien going to make things faster?"

Punisher only grinned. Standing up and grabbing her hammer. Lila's eyes struck with fear. Punisher walked over to her, tilting Lila's head up with a single finger. "Be good while I'm away won't you?" She said tauntingly. Lila kept quiet, tearing her chin away. Staring after the akuma as they walked away. "What makes you think I won't scream right now? You've locked me in my own basement." Punisher whipped around "Because you know that I'll just find you again. And I'll make your life more agony than it is."

Lila looked at her with pure hatred and fear. Seething as she knew the girl was right. "Good luck." Punisher smirked. Walking away. Lila just stared at the floor. Best just to obey then agitate her if she would like to look beautiful at her funeral.

I decided to update on the same day I watched Reflekdoll

For those who didn't see it, the link is below.

https://youtu.be/pU1MNapZmyA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 684 16
After Ladybugs reveal, the chemistry between her and Chatnoir continue to get steamier, causing the sexual tension to rise. He longs to be intimate...
207K 8K 57
𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗: 13th SEPTEMBER 2016 𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟: A MIRACULOUS FUTURE (Completed in 2021) Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Paris's infamous superhero...
3.7K 200 24
Everyone in Paris remembers the fateful night of January 16, when the city was attacked by the most powerful and destructive akuma ever created. The...
24.2K 677 18
Adrien Agreste is a lonely boy. He has ever since his mother left.. People think his life his perfect..They are wrong. His Father is a closed off an...