Lover 000

By thegirlwithalife

The second book of the 000 Series. Wes and Katherine's journey may seem like it's going towards happiness and... More

000
1 Process
2 Fire
3 Hungry
4 Baggy clothes
5 Dare
6 Overreacting
7 Punches
8 Tipsy
9 Young
10 Slip
11 Luck
12 Accidents
13 Pretty Little Liars
14 One Gone
15 Bait
16 Old Times
17 Safe
18 Kennedy
20 The dinner - Te
21 The dinner - Amo
22 Cupcakes
23 Icy
24 Underland
25 Only one
26 Challenge
27 Spain - Day One
28 Spain - Day Two
29 Spain - Day Three
30 Lifelong
New Book

19 Slowly

22.1K 582 1.8K
By thegirlwithalife

"Stop, you asshole!" Alex screeches as a snowball hits her straight in the face. "You want me to be sick again?"

"Don't worry, I'll be there to take care of you." Adeen laughs.

A cherry red blush spreads over Alex's cheeks and I cover my mouth to stiffle a laugh. My glove slides off as I do that and I hurry to fix it. Then I form yet another ball with the little amount of snow on the ground and throw it at my best friend, the other one this time.

"Hey! I have eyeliner on!" Cindy whines, trying hard to avoid my great aiming skills. The snowball ends up hitting her in the chest and she growls.

"You're dead, Banner." She narrows her eyes at me and I can't help but think how cute she looks.

"Try." I shrug, waiting for her to do something. She grabs a chunk of snow and chucks it at me, or more like at the floor.

"Nice one, Cin." Alex rolls her eyes until another ball hits her. Alex turns to Adeen with an angry glare, hurling at him almost immediately.

I just laugh, looking around to see if anyone else is left in the parking of the building. All the students already left, seeing as it's the last day before winter holidays and there's no doubt they wanted to be free as soon as possible. We stayed behind, acting like little kids, but who cares? It's what keeps us young.

"I wanna build a snowman." Adeen manages through his laughs as Alex continuously attempts to hit him with a snowball.

"Do you wanna build a snowman?" Cindy twirls, singing the famous movie song.

"Alex, just kick him. It's what you know best." I suggest.

"No, hey, hey, hey!" Adeen starts running away from her mischievous glint. "Get away from me, Hulky!"

"Don't call me that!" Alex runs after him, starting a second match of theirs. They both start sprinting around the yard, both of them tripping every now and then. If they aren't the cutest.

Adeen is the first one to start running back to us, but he is stopped by a loud honking noise. He skids on the ground and places his hands on the curb of the car which appeared behind him. The driver steps out, shutting the car door as loud as he can.

"I could've ran you over, you idiot!" Wes's loud voice is heard as he pushes his friend, who instantly falls onto the snowy ground. My heart stops for a second at the sight of Wes.

"Hulk's after me! Save me!" Adeen jumps up and tries to hide behind Wes, who rolls his eyes, not moving an inch.

"I swear to God, Adeen, you'll -" Alex tries to get behind Wes but he grabs her hand, as well as Adeen's.

"Stop, you two. And get a fucking room." He mutters to them. The two glare at him, clearly offended by his words, but they give up anyway. Wes then slips his hands in his pockets, turning away from them. He catches my gaze and I try hard not to shudder beneath his eyes. Even from this far, I can see the blue shade.

He keeps the eye contact for a while before breaking it and turning to Adeen. They exchange a couple words, too quiet for me to hear. I can't tear my head away from him, and Cindy notices this.

"Kat, you're staring." She says, audible only for me.

"So?"

"Kat."

I wish I could hear Katherine for once.

"Kat."

I sigh, realizing it's Alex now. She sends me a look and I just roll my eyes. I hear laughing sounds from the side and it takes everything in me not to look in the direction of the two boys. And then I hear footsteps.

And I start to panic.

"Shit, are they coming this way?" I mutter.

And my question is answered as they appear by our sides. I stare at the white snow and count the sparkles that appear.

"Thought I'd find you here." Wes's voice is laced with humor.

"Girls, you in for another party?" Adeen asks and judging by his tone, he's so ready for the conversation.

"A party? Where?" Cindy speaks. I keep my eyes on my boots, creating different shapes in the snow.

"My family's holding a pre-Christmas dinner tomorrow. It's a Blue's tradition. You would also come to the dinner and I usually host a party afterwards." Wes explains and my head slowly lifts, carefully looking at him. He's looking at Alex but once I raise my head, he flicks his eyes towards mine. Something inside me twists with pain when I see him up close.

For the past month, we've been off limits, no contact, except for the occasional eye contact which doesn't last long due to his decision. It's hard for me, knowing I lost him to something I could've prevented. And despite my act of not caring, I've been more than moody. It's even harder for me when I truly realize how much it hurts me not to speak to him or be around him. It's been a whole month of avoiding each other and I started to break after the first day.

Now, seeing him so close to me, in a beanie that covers his hair and his ocean eyes staring right into mine, I am on the verge of crying.

"Cool. What's the time?" Alex asks, but Wes doesn't answer her question. Instead, his eyes stay on mine. But it's just torture for me.

So I break the contact.

"Seven." He finally answers and I see my best friend nod. Then her eyes switch to mine and I know what she's thinking, will I go?

The Blue's pre-Christmas tradition has included me almost every year. Not because of me specially, but because of my parents. Both my mother and father enjoy the fact that a week before Christmas, their friends host a great gathering. It's always interesting, and it was to me as well. Because every year, I'd pull a different prank on Wes. I had so figure out some way to have fun at my enemy's home.

The answer to her telepathic question is yes, I will go. But that doesn't mean I want to.

"What should we wear?" Cindy questions. I hear Adeen scoff at her question.

"Think runway, Cindy." He answers before Wes can say anything. Cindy nods, not really understanding his sarcasm.

"I just got a new dress. I hope your cousins are cute, Wes." She smirks.

Oh, Cin, if you only knew their age.

"Alright. I'll see you there." Wes says. He looks at me again and I bite my lip, not wanting to break in front of him. Knowing how much my feelings grew for him, how this distance made me feel, is enough to send a waterfall down my face. That stupid quote, distance makes the heart grow fonder, just became even more annoying.

"You need a ride?" He looks between us all. There's no answer, until a ridiculous bitch ass idiot with absolutely no brains speaks up.

"Kat does. I got some stuff in the car so only Alex and Cindy will fit." Adeen says and my eyes widen. Alex slaps her forehead with her palm and Cindy gasps.

But Wes, he smirks.

What?

"I'll walk." I try to fix the situation, attempting to sound and look nonchalant.

"Sure." Wes's sarcasm is as clear as water when he speaks. I really stay stunned, having no idea what's going on or why it's going in this direction. None of this should be happening this way.

"I will." I say and make a step to pass by Alex. She's staring at me, clearly not understanding anything herself. Adeen suddenly grabs my wrist, gently enough not to hurt me, but harsh enough to pull me straight next to Wes's side.

"You'll go with him." He points at him.

"No, I won't."

"I think you will." Wes says casually and I can't help but curse out loud, so all of them can hear me.

"Is someone pulling a fucking joke on me right now?" I look between the two assholes, who let me remaind you, are both grinning.

"April fools." Adeen wiggles his brows.

"But it's December." Cindy pouts.

"Jesus." Alex huffs, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I'm gonna leave now, thank you very much." I once again try to escape, but instead of a pullback, the breath is taken from my lungs, my entire body flying in the air.

I panic at the loss of contact with the ground and a shriek escapes from my lips. My hair flies around my face as I end up on someone's back. And it's none other than Weston Blue. As soon as I realise it's him, I open my mouth in protest.

"What the hell? Put me down!" I try to wiggle out of his embrace, simultaneously trying to ignore the sparks that fly through my body at the fact that he's holding me.

"Wes, let me go! I don't need a freaking ride!" I yell again but it's no use as I notice the new tires of his car.

"No, hell no!" I protest as he opens the passenger door.

Not even a second later, I'm sitting on the leather seats of his car. He keeps the door open and as soon as I get all of my hair away from my face, I look up at him leaning on the open door.

"What is going on, Wes?" I ask, feeling too much emotions at once. This all happened so suddenly I barely processed the fact that he talked to me, hell, acknowledged me.

"I'm giving you a ride, Katherine, relax." He explains poorly, looking extremely amused. Utterly lost, I stay seated as he shuts the door of his car.

Katherine.

I stare at the garden outside, my mouth slightly parted from the shock. Wes rounds the car and places himself in the driver's seat, instantly turning on the car. I bite my lip to ignore the satisfaction that the butt warmers bring me as we head off out of the parking.

The radio turns on automatically and a familiar song comes on, but I am in no position to sing it properly. I only hum the melody of the song's beginning but after some time, the asshole breaks the silence.

"Tú, tú eres el imán y yo soy el metal
Me voy acercando y voy armando el plan
Solo con pensarlo se acelera el pulso." His fingers drum on the wheel.

My eyes almost jump out of my sockets even though I try to keep a normal expression. What the fuck is happening?

"Ya, ya me está gustando más de lo normal
Todos mis sentidos van pidiendo más..." Wes sings, clearly enjoying this.

I press my lips together, not knowing if I want to laugh or simply curse out this entire situation. Wes speeds through the streets, as if the light snow doesn't even exist. It's more scarier that I'm not in the slightest worried about his driving skills.

It feels almost soothing.

We approach a red light and I stare in front of myself, only listening to the song. And his singing.

"Esto hay que tomarlo sin ningún apuro." He bolts out the note before his hand reaches the volume control and he turns it up so the beat blasts through the speakers, almost breaking my ears. I flinch at the harsh sound, wondering if the people on the streets can hear the music.

Then, as if he hasn't shocked me enough, he steps on the gas and zooms straight through the red light. I grab the seat, suddenly fearing for my own life.

"Despacito!" He continues singing, and this time I snap my head at him. A proud and wide smile is decorating his face, one I wish to wipe away at the moment. He switches lanes and turns his head to me, a dangerous spark filling his blue eyes.

"Quiero respirar tu cuello despacito
Deja que te diga cosas al oído
Para que te acuerdes si no estás conmigo!"

He hands the rest of the singing to Luis Fonsi while flashing me a million dollar smirk.

I can only stare at him until he turns to face the road again.

I hurry to turn the volume down. Then I fall back into my seat, my eyes still wide from this whole experience.

"Wes." I breathe, my chest rising up and down. It became really hot despite the cold weather.

"Hmm?" He hums, thankfully not taking his eyes off the road.

"Are you on drugs?" I manage to ask, very quietly. My eyes stay glued to the window in front of me, watching the small specks of snow as they litter the glass.

"Yeah." He chuckles, obviously finding my question interesting. "A very specific one. It's called amor."

My breathing stops.

And so does the car.

I notice we're in front of my house, but I'm unable to do anything. The only sound I can hear is my own heartbeat, the car's engine and the beginning of a new song on the radio. I stop blinking as well. My whole body literally stops working.

"See you tomorrow, princess." Wes murmurs, his tone so deep yet so entertained.

I reach for the handle of the door and jump out, not even saying goodbye. He doesn't wait for one either, as he speeds off down my street. I stare at the back of his car before it disappears, leaving me standing in the white snow, every sound leaving my ears.

The last sound I heard was the soft melody and simple lyrics of the song which started on the radio, sang by Mariah Carey.

All I want for Christmas

Is you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495 6 10
A story about two people that are meant to be, but fight their constant attraction to one another. They continue to find each other at different poin...
988K 18K 61
*COMPLETED* BOOK ONE OF THE FORESKELT SERIES (Trilogy One) Kiara Rivera has never been able to stand her brother's best friend, Damien Stone. Not w...
9.3K 266 19
Sometimes love is more about the learning curves than the fairytale "Happily Ever After". Because often the world shows us how unkind it can be, how...
176 8 20
Don't judge a book by this cover ( True ) don't trust people just by their love and concern When someone hurt , leave them L...