Space: 1999: The Varga Trap

By CaptainThunderWho

The moon has drifted towards yet another planet in the ever expanding dangerous universe of space, throwing a... More

Scene 1 - The planet Varga
Scene 2 - Launching Eagle
Scene 3 - Storm
Scene 4 - Collecting minerals
Scene 5 - Hiding
Scene 6 - The Gift
Scene 7 - Rushing back to the Eagle
Scene 8 - Analysis
Scene 9 - Growth
Scene 10 - The Gas
Scene 11 - The only answer!
Scene 12 - Second launch
Scene 13 - Return to Varga
Scene 15 - Back to Alpha!
Scene 16 - Commander, we can't hold out much longer!
Scene 17 - Report damage

Scene 14 - The Truth

28 0 0
By CaptainThunderWho

The chambers. Freezing cold, and the people of Varga are frozen in suspended animation. The doors slide open again. They have rushed in. Finally, the door closes shut. The Alphans lift up their glasses up, making them breathe oxygen once again as the oxygen begins to be pumped in. They begin investigating the familiar control console and the long chambers of frozen Vargan life forms, which is very difficult to make out.

Paul:

Alright, how do we get them open again?

The computer voice begins booming out once again.

Computer:

HUMANOID CREATURES DETECTED! IDENTIFICATIONS MATCH!

Dr. Russel:

How do they know it is us again?

Victor:

It doesn't matter how. What matters is that it does. And I think they know why we are here.

Computer:

CORRECTION – VICTOR BERGMAN! HUMANOID CREATURES – SEARCHING FOR SOLUTION!

Commander Koenig:

Get ready to kill!

Dr. Russel:

John!

Commander Koenig:

We don't have time to waste here, Helena! We don't act soon enough Alpha and everyone on the base will have been eaten by the plant!

Computer:

SOLUTION COMPUTED – INCINERATE!

Paul:

Look!

Seven sheets of glassed ice have risen up, and the seven begin to re-awaken.

Computer:

TROOPERS WILL DESTROY THE HUMANOIDS! THEY MUST BE INCINERATED!

They stand outside, stocky mechanicalized men dressed in silver like shinning nights, with their entire armour and helmets. Bright orange eyes glow menacingly at the six Alphans. They massively long ray guns point at them, dressed in a similar type of silvery texture. The triggers are held at the back with a massive cube where the long gun extends out from, ready to kill! Their deep voice projects from their massive helmets.

Trooper 1:

INCINERATE THE HUMAN STRANGERS!

Commander Koenig:

FIRE!

All the Alphans zap with their laser guns at the army of robots. They then dive for cover by the cold computerized reactor as the first has its circuits blown to bits and drops down in front of the other robots – down on the floor.

Victor:

We're still not evenly matched now!

Trooper 2:

DESTROY THE HUMANOIDS!

Trooper 3:

THE COMPUTER MUST NOT BE DAMAGED!

Trooper 4:

CORNER THEM AROUND THE COMPUTER! THEN INCINERATE!

ZAP! KABOOM! Ice fragments explode as the orange energy bolt blows the wall, intending as a threat for the Alphans.

Trooper 5:

CORNER THEM UP!

Victor:

Aim for their chests! That's obviously where their main computerized bank is located in them!

Trooper 2:

INCINERATE!

ZAP! ZAP! Koenig and Paul fire their lasers at two of the robots. BAM! BAM! Three are destroyed! ZAP! Paul shoots another. ZAP! The fifth robot zaps its laser against the computer bank, sending it in flames.

Computer:

INFORMATION! INFORMATION! INFORMATION! COMPUTER DAMAGED REPORT! THE COMPUTER MUST BE PROTECTED UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES!

Trooper 5:

ATTACK AND DESTROY THE HUMANS! SERVE NO MERCY!

Trooper 6:

BUT THE COMPUTER MUST BE...

ZAP! ZAP! Those two robots explode their circuits and are now scrap metal! The other storms over powerfully, its arms ready to smash through anything!

Computer:

RELEASING...

Koenig fires again. ZAP! KABOOM! All the seven robots had now been destroyed.

Dr. Russel:

John, Turab and Lara are waking up!

Computer:

MORE TROOPERS WILL DESTROY THE HUMANOIDS!

Paul:

Looks like more are on our way now!

Both Turab and Lara have been released, and begin breathing again. Since it has not been long they have been re-awoken before, they wake up much easier this time. Turab immediately notices an angry Koenig, grabbing him unexpectedly.

Turab:

Commander! You took the bait! And now you are back for the solution!

Commander Koenig:

Where is it?

Turab:

You cannot stop the plant! It is indestructible! You fool Commander! Some ruler you make!

PUNCH! Turab is punched in the face, knocking himself down he moans in the pain. John aggressively grabs him back again.

Commander Koenig:

Listen to me. These might be the last few words you will ever hear anyone ever tell you! My people are dying on Alpha and I want to find a way to stop it!

Turab:

You... You can't kill my daughter and me. If you do, then you will never be able to stop it!

Commander Koenig:

Then I'll just have to kill you then!

Dr. Russel:

John! No! There has to be a better way than this!

Computer:

TROOPERS TO INCINERATE THE HUMANOIDS!

Commander Koenig:

Paul, get Lana at gunpoint. It looks like we are going to get more company!

Paul grabs her up and points her stun gun at her head.

Turab:

You will never be able to stop the plant Commander!

Commander Koenig:

Then I will take you back to Alpha and let it eat you too!

Sandra:

More troopers are coming!

A further fourteen troopers rush out and prepare to fire at the Alphans. Koenig grabs Turab, and also holding him at gunpoint at his head as the robots prepare to invade.

Commander Koenig:

YOU VALUE YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER'S LIFE THEN SEND THOSE GUARDS AWAY! DO IT!

The troopers prepare to fire.

Trooper 8:

INCINERATE!

Turab:

STOP! STOP! This is your leader Turab! I order you to stop! Stop!

Commander Koenig:

Tell them to return to their chambers and are to remain frozen in them forever. And tell them that the order cannot be countermanded!

Turab:

YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS KOENIG!

Commander Koenig:

SAY IT!

Turab:

You are to return to your chambers and are to remain frozen in them forever. This order cannot be countermanded.

Trooper 8:

WE OBEY TURAB!

The soldiers return and head back.

Lara:

What do you want off us Earthlings?

Dr. Russel:

You knew what you were doing giving us that plant. Why?

Lara:

Because we want to protect our planet. Protect our planet from aliens that come to steal our minerals and resources off Varga.

Dr. Russel:

So you gave us a plant that would wipe us all out?

Lara:

You deserve it! And all those who try to steal our planet's riches.

Dr. Russel:

And you gave that to all the other races that have arrived on your planet that you have encountered with?

Lara:

Yes. And they've all died out. But you humanoids are obviously brave and stupid enough to fight us and it.

Victor:

How can you get a plant to grow into something so hostile?

Lara:

It was created by our scientists. We don't know how they did it. But we know that if the light intensity is so strong in something like your laboratories it would begin to grow.

Paul:

Look, we don't have any more time for this, we need to get going!

Commander Koenig:

Alright Turab, which one is it?

Turab:

What?

Commander Koenig:

The whatever that will stop it!

Turab:

There is nothing!

Commander Koenig:

Then we will take you back to Alpha and throw you into it. Is that what you want!

Lara:

NO! There is an antidote!

Commander Koenig:

Then tell Helena where it is! And if you are lying and it doesn't work then the plant will kill both of you!

Sandra:

You seem to be terrified of this plant Turab? Because you know what it can do?

Turab:

OF COURSE!

Commander Koenig:

Good. Now, the antidote!

Lara:

Its where the other plants are. The tray just below them. The Gift Of Lyrris.

Helena finds the tray on the right side of the massive corridor and finds this Gift at the bottom. She takes it. Yet, it only seems like a can of plastic weed killer, disappointingly.

Victor:

That's the Gift of Lyrris?

Commander Koenig:

If you find out two are lying then we will kill you on the spot.

Turab:

Firstly, you will only find out when you use it. Only we know that. And secondly, you are no killer John Koenig.

Commander Koenig:

To save my people then I will take any necessary risks. Now, cut the chatter out. And we hope you can breathe oxygen. Let's move.

The glass cylinders of their suits shut allowing them to breathe oxygen shuts. The opening door slides. Koenig turns back to the computer, ZAP! KABOOM! POW! The computer was now dead.

Turab:

You fool Koenig! Don't you realise that that was our entire life support system!

Commander Koenig:

Then all your people can melt, can't they? You are your so-called peace-loving race. Now, move!

They have left. The doors are shut. But the troopers emerge out from the corner, arming their weapons ready to strike revenge and kill...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 0 18
Moonbase Alpha are thrusted into another terrifying and dangerous encounter with unearthly life forms that threaten the existence of Alpha. When the...
86 2 31
After the global organisations of the world prevented their destruction from the Mitrochondrofrom, the heroes who have been taken out of their time a...
Coyote By Mr. Nobody

Science Fiction

13.4K 2.5K 58
Thousands of years after Earth became uninhabitable, humanity colonized other planets and moons around the solar system. Amid rising crime rate, the...
278K 13.3K 62
Abandoned and left to die, a human girl must fight to survive on an alien planet filled with monsters that want to kill her. That is until she meets...