Downfall | โœ”๏ธ

By downfallwrites

[C O M P L E T E D] Amara is drawn to him in a way she never thought was possible; intrigued by every secret... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
59 | The end.
Author's note.

Chapter 24.

8.9K 310 206
By downfallwrites

Once we arrive we take our seats and there's a strange silence, I know Mason is too scared to speak because he doesn't know how to act around her, and doesn't want to say the wrong thing—since the majority of Mason's vocabulary consists of 'fuck', 'shit', or inappropriate and sarcastic jokes.

We pick what we want to eat and I stand up to go order.

"Where are you going?" Mason asks me with a panicked look on his face.

"To order.." I laugh and he glares at me.

"Don't they come here.. to take our orders?" he asks awkwardly.

"No, Mason. I have to go up and order." I say shaking my head and walking away.

Mason's POV:

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. She's just staring at me, I don't know what to say. What do four year olds talk about?

"Hey." I say as she continues to just stare at me, ignoring my attempt at conversation.

"I like your bear." I say quietly, loud enough for her to hear, but not Amara.

"Mommy gave me it." she mutters, looking down at the small bear in her hands. At least she's talking to me.

"Nice.." I furrow my brow.

"Are you Mara's boyfriend?" she asks with the same mischevious smile that I see in Amara.

"Uhm.." I scratch my head, how do I approach this? "Not really.." I say awkwardly.

"Oh. Daddy says I'm not allowed a boyfriend till I'm forty two." she chirps innocently and I laugh.

"Specific.." I say under my breath.

"That's a good rule. Boy's suck." I tell her and she giggles.

"You're a boy." she says, smart ass.

"I am." I raise my eyebrow and she ponders for a moment.

"Mommy said you're Amara's boyfriend." she crosses her arms, she's such a mini Amara, it's scary.

"It's complicated." I sigh.

"What does that mean?" she asks and I take a deep breath.

"It doesn't matter, you'll know when you're a grown up." I say.

"I am grown up, I'm three and an almost half." she says in a sassy voice, definitely Amara.

"You're right, sorry." I laugh and she nods.

I move my elbow and knock a stack of napkins off of the table onto the floor.

"Shit!" I mumble as I bend down to pick it up.

"That's a bad word." the little voice scorns me as I sit back down.

"I'm telling mom." she laughs.

Why the fuck am I being threatened by a four year old.

"No, don't do that." I sigh in frustration.

"Okay... but I'll tell Mara." she whispers.

"No, that's worse. She'll be mad at me." I fake a frown and the girl seems deep in thought. Although the frown was fake, if she tells Amara, I'm screwed. I'll be in the dog house all night. I've been doing so well.

"How about some ice cream?" I ask and her face lights up.

"Chocolate ice-cream?" she asks, beaming.

"Yes, chocolate ice-cream if you don't tell Ma- I mean Amara." I scoff.

"Okay." she smiles widely and I chuckle.

"You remind me of Amara." I tell her.

"She's my favorite." she smiles again, hugging her bear.

"Me too, kid." I smile as I shake my head.

"The line was so long." Amara complains as she takes her seat at the table again.

"Everything okay?" she asks and Izzy nods, fucking thankfully.

The food arrives and we eat in a surprisingly non-awkward manner. Isabella spoke to Amara most of the time, I think I may have gotten a few words out of her but that's it. I notice how content Amara seems here, though. She doesn't seem as on edge or as nervous. I know she's nervous about how her family react to me, she's not the only one. But that seems to be okay for now. She's also fucking amazing with kids, Isabella is so happy with her and she always says the right thing. She made her laugh when she cut her lip from accidentally biting it - when she looked like she may cry. She entertained her the whole way through dinner, and she even got her to finish her whole meal through persuasion, surprisingly no bribery... unlike me.

"Are you finished with your food?" the waitress asks me as she picks up Amara's empty plate.

"Yep." I say, handing her the plate along with Izzy's.

"Do you want any seconds? It's on the house." she says, smiling at me - only me. Her question seems as though it was directly to me, as she doesn't even acknowledge Amara, or even the kid.

"No thanks." I say uncomfortably.

"Are you sure?" she says in a weird voice.

"He's sure." Amara butts in, her stare set on the blonde waitress, her eyebrow raised.

"Okay." she shrugs, leaving with our plates.

"What was that?" I ask Amara, trying to hold back my smirk.

"What was what?" she acts nonchalant, like she wasn't just rude to the waitress.

"That. You snapped at the waitress." I tell her.

"She was flirting." she mumbles, pretending to be pre-occupied with wiping the table where Isabella sits.

"No need to be jealous." I smirk and she looks like she may slap me, luckily there is a child present.

"I'm not jealous." she snaps and I notice the waitress coming back over to the table. What the fuck? Has she got a death wish?

"Would you like any desserts?" she says as she rests her hand on my shoulder and Amara's eyes widen. Even Isabella scrunches up her nose.

I shake her off and move over slightly. This couldn't get more uncomfortable if we tried. What the hell is she doing?

"No, we wouldn't." Amara says, frustration behind her voice as she emphasises the 'we'.

"What about my ice-cream?" Isabella chirps and I want to sink into the floor.

"What ice-cream, Iz?" Amara asks her.

"Mason said he'll get me ice-cream." she tells her and Amara looks at me.

"I don't remember." I lie and Izzy furrows her brow.

"Because you said the bad word, remember?" she says innocently and Amara shoots me a death glare.

"You bribed her, Mason?!" Amara says through her teeth and I scratch my head, meanwhile the waitress stands listening intently.

"I didn't mean to." I sigh and Amara takes a deep breath.

"It's okay." she fakes a smile and I raise my eyebrow, before realising she's just not going to argue with me in front of this flirtatious waitress, and a three year old.

"Snitch." I whisper to Izzy and she laughs.

"We'll take an ice cream to go." she tells the waitress.

"Chocolate please!" Izzy adds.

"And you? Do you want anything?" she asks me, leaning her arm on the table and it looks like Amara might possibly explode.

"No, I don't." I say as bluntly as I can, moving my chair back.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I say as the waitress walks away to get Izzy's ice-cream.

"Okay." Amara says lowly, she's mad and I know she is.

Amara's POV:

Who the hell does she think she is? She can clearly tell Mason and I are together. Well, we aren't. And we don't exactly look like a classic couple, but she knew - I know she did. Yet she kept pushing it. I keep my anger down in front of Izzy, but if she hadn't been there, I would've flipped on Mason. It isn't even his fault, why am I mad at him? I'm jealous. I don't like being jealous, I've never been jealous before. If she batted her eyelashes one more time I felt like I was going to lunge at her.

"Here you go." the doe eyed blonde returns, handing Izzy her ice-cream.

"Thank you." she beams.

"Hey." I say and she turns her attention to me, she couldn't look any more uninterested in what I have to say.

"If you flirt with my boyfriend like that in front of me again, I'll have your job." I scowl and she basically laughs in my face.

"Do you know who her dad is?" I say, motioning towards Izzy.

She looks at me for a second before shrugging.

"Steve Westwood." I smirk and her face drops.

"So, maybe we should keep our hands to ourselves. And our eyeballs in our skulls, yes?" I say firmly as she nods and walks away.

I have no idea where that came from, a wave of anger washed over me and I just had to say something. I shouldn't have used my uncle's position to get my way but it was a spur of the moment thing. Steve comes from a well off family, he's always been fortunate - and he just happens to own most of the buildings around here, including this one. They never make too much of a fuss of their wealth, especially Carol - she always says money is a complication when there's too much of it.

"Hey, Iz." I whisper.

"Yes?" she says with a mouthful of chocolate ice-cream.

"Don't tell Mason I called him my boyfriend, and I wont tell mommy we gave you ice-cream, okay?" I tell her and she nods.

"Okay, Mara." she smiles.

I know I just scolded Mason for bribing her, and now I'm doing it. But I know she won't tell him, I don't think she particularly likes him anyway.

"Ready?" Mason's voice appears from behind me.

"Yep." I smile and we walk to the car. I strap Izzy into her seat and walk around to the other side of the car.

"Amara." Mason says as he grips my wrist lightly.

"You know you don't have to be jealous, right?" he says, no hint of sarcasm in his voice, just sincerity.

"I wasn-"

"Amara." he cuts me off.

I sigh and realise how stupid it was to get jealous over a waitress that doesn't even know Mason, and whom we wont even see again once we leave. He picks my chin up with his index finger, bringing my eyes to meet his.

"You don't have to be." he says before kissing me softly.

I nod and smile before climbing into the car.

——————

"We're back!" I yell as we walk inside.

Izzy runs to her room as Mason and I walk into the living room where Carol and Steve are sitting.

"Your bags are in the guest room, we put them both in the same room, we assumed you'd want to share." Carol says and I nod, I hope that's okay with Mason.

"No funny business." Steve glares at Mason and I laugh.

"Yes sir." Mason says sarcastically, saluting him—then looks like he regrets it.

"We'll go unpack." I smile and lead Mason out of the room.

"You don't have to be so nervous." I tell him.

"Have you seen the way that man looks at me?" he whispers and I shake my head.

"Give it time." I nudge his shoulder and he sighs.

"This place is fucking huge." he gapes as we walk to our room.

"I know."

"How the hell did they afford this?" he asks as he admires the halls, and all the intricate designs on the walls.

"Steve's family is really wealthy, he and his parents own a lot of the buildings here, food courts, malls." I tell him.

"That makes more sense."

I show him to our room and he almost gasps.

"This shit is amazing." he says as he runs his hand along the bed, and I laugh at him, as I begin unpacking my clothes.

"That bed is strangely big." he jokes as he picks up his bag.

"It's so comfortable, though." I say as I remember how soft it feels, it's insane, I don't know what the hell it's made from but it's the most comfortable bed I've ever felt.

"So, what did you say to the waitress?" Mason asks and I cough, literally choking on air.

"What? I didn't say anything." I lie, avoiding eye contact as I fold my clothes onto a pile on the bed, my mind running wild.

"That's strange, because as I was leaving the bathroom she said 'your girlfriend is a crazy bitch.' as she walked past." he mutters and I drop the pair of jeans I was folding, my jaw hitting the floor.

"Crazy bitch?!" I yell.

"Who the hell does she think she is?" I say angrily, waving my arms around.

"So, are you going to tell me what you said?" he asks, walking towards me with a smirk on his face.

"No." I mumble as I look away. My blood is boiling, that bitch.

"Amara, I really want to know." he says slowly and as deviously as ever, god he knows how to get his own way.

"I've never seen you jealous before." he whispers as he runs his finger lightly along my jawline.

"I've never been jealous before." I tell him.

"So you admit you were jealous?" he asks as he kisses my neck, wrapping his arm around my waist, pressing his body against mine.

I pause for a second trying to think of what to say, or even how to function with words, I can't think when he's this close to me, his lips against my neck. My anger has dissolved and I can barely even remember why I was angry.

"There goes your heartbeat again, Amara." he whispers in my ear and I feel my cheek flush.

"Yes, I was. I was jealous." I choke on my words and I know he's smirking, even though I can't see.

"Stop teasing me." I stutter as his lips meet my jaw.

"Where's the fun in that?" he says slowly, devilishly and I melt into his arms.

"Amara." Steve interrupts, knocking on the door.

Mason jumps and I fall back onto the bed.

"Coming!" I stutter, trying to compose myself as Mason does the same.

I open the door and he looks at me suspiciously.

"I was just going to ask if you wanted to see the motorcycle—I painted it again." he tells me.

"Mason loves motorcycles, we'll be down in a second." I tell him and he nods.

"Why did you tell him that?" he whispers as Steve walks away.

"Because you do, I'll be there, it wont be awkward." I reassure him and he gives in. I know he's excited to see, he just won't admit it.

We walk to the front of the house where Steve is standing with his bike helmet in hand, staring lovingly at his prized possession. Mason walks reluctantly behind me until his eyes meet the motorcycle, where they light up almost immediately, literally light up. He can't hide the excitement in his eyes despite how I know he's trying.

"Is that a Harley Davidson?!" he gapes, looking up and down.

"It sure is." Steve says proudly.

Meanwhile, I couldn't care less what type of motorcycle it is—I would never get on it. It could be lined with gold and infused with emeralds and I still wouldn't step foot on it.

"That's crazy." Mason says as he runs his finger along the freshly painted machine.

"You know your bikes." Steve chuckles and Mason doesn't even hear him over his own gasps as he admires what's in front of him.

"These things can go up to like.. 150 on a straight road." he shakes his head in wonder and Steve nods along.

"You want to take it for a spin?" Steve asks to both mine and Masons surprise, Mason more so.

"Seriously?" he asks, trying to hide how obviously excited he is.

"You aren't going to crash it are you?" Steve jokes and Mason laughs along with him.

I don't like the idea of Mason going on there, I know he can ride them, and I know it's 'safe' to an extent.. but I still worry.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Steve smiles.

"Well, I'll leave Mason to it. There's no way in hell you'll get Mar on one of those, son. I wouldn't waste your breath. I've tried." Steve teases as he walks back into the house.

Mason hands me the spare helmet as he places his own onto his head, a few of his loose waves escaping as he fastens it.

"Don't worry, I'm just giving you it to hold." he whines as he mounts the bike, revving the engine and my heart batters against my chest.

I watch as he drives off, doing laps around the house and as scary as it is, it's amazing to watch. And not to mention, extremely, extremely attractive. He looks so hot on one of those, its insane. I gaze at him as he speeds past me, before eventually slowing down next to me, his face lit up like a child on Christmas morning. It's great to see him so happy.

"Get on." he says, smirking.

"No way, Mason. I told you it's not happening." I shake my head and he steps off of the bike.

"Amara, please get on." he says stroking my cheek. I am not letting him win this. He does this every time.

"I'll repay you for it." he says biting his lip and I almost even consider agreeing, he has an extremely unusual hold over me, especially when he teases me like this.

"No, Mason." I whine and cross my arms.

"Even after I came with you to see your family? And let a four year old come eat with us? And hugged your aunt, and drove here so you could sleep, and even... shook your uncles hand." he cringes as he speaks and I roll my eyes.

"You go slow, really slow, and one lap. One, Mason." I say firmly and he grabs my hand, leading me towards the bike. It's safe to say that right now I feel like I could faint from complete and utter fear. I sound dramatic, but these things are one of my biggest fears, I don't know why - but they terrify me through and through.

"Wait..." he says, turning back around to face me.

"Go get the jacket." he smirks.

"Seriously?" I raise my eyebrow.

"You're already going on a bike with me, you may as well wear my jacket." he wiggles his brows and I shove his shoulder playfully, walking back into the house to get it.

I rake through my bags and find the black leather jacket, although it has bad connotations.. after he gave me it I mean. But, despite that I love that he loves me in it. I put it on and roll up the sleeves, smiling to myself as I look in the mirror.

"Where are you going?" Carol asks as I attempt to walk through the house without being seen.

"Uhm.. outside." I scratch my head.

"Is that Mason's?" she smirks, eyeing up my jacket.

"No.." I lie and she laughs.

"Amara." she raises her eyebrow and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, and I'm going out on the bike with him." I say nervously and she looks so shocked I fear she may go into premature labour.

"Steve!" she calls on my uncle and I mentally face palm.

"Mar is going on the bike! With Mason!" she tells him and he looks just as shocked as her.

"Jesus, I've been trying to get you on that since you were ten, Mar." Steve says, his eyes wide in disbelief.

"I'm happy to see you with somebody you adore so much, Mar." Carol says lovingly as she rests her head on her husbands shoulder.

"He adores you too, you know that?" she says softly and I nod.

I know he does, sometimes I find it hard to believe—but I know he does. Just as he knows I do, despite his doubts and our stumbles along the way.

"Well.. have fun." Steve laughs and I feel my nerves growing as I walk back outside to see Mason.

"Wow, sexy biker chick." Mason smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, swing your leg over." he tells me and I sheepishly try to mount the bike.

"It's just like the fence all over again." he chuckles.

"Except I'm climbing onto a man made death machine." I add and Mason rolls his eyes at me.

"Amara, you're going to love it when you get on." he tells me reassuringly and I nod.

He places the helmet on me and fastens it, ensuring it was tight enough before climbing on the front.

"Hold on tight." he says as I wrap my arms around his waist, I feel like I could throw up I'm so nervous.

"Amara, maybe a little less tight." Mason mumbles and I loosen my grip slightly.

"Sorry." I bite my lip as I rest my head on his back, still clinging on for dear life.

He revs the engine again and the bike starts to move.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god." I mumble to myself.

I squeeze my eyes shut as the speed of the bike makes me nauseous. This is it, this is how I die. I think to myself, my grip on Mason's torso tightening each second.

"Amara, look up, enjoy it, don't fear it." Mason tells me and I open my eyes, still holding on tightly. Once I adjust to the speed, and how unbalanced we feel.. I start to feel a state of euphoria. My adrenaline has kicked in and the feeling is amazing, it's so.. freeing. I'm so glad I did this. I'm still terrified, but I feel invincible at the same time, its amazing. I rest my head on Mason's back again, this time with my eyes open and enjoy the sensation of the wind as we speed through the streets - it's unexplainable, the feeling it gives you. Mason was right, again. This is such a high - no wonder he loves this so much.

"Fear conquered, huh?" he says as he begins to slow down.

"I guess so." I reply softly.

"What else are you afraid of?" he asks.

"Heights, I'm terrified of heights." I mumble.

"Well that's next on the list, I guess." he tells me and I smile.

By the time Mason stops the bike I find myself even wishing we could've stayed on longer, I reluctantly take off my helmet and place it on the ground. I'm still fawning over how amazing that felt.

"How was that?" he asks as he steps off, helping me down.

"Mason, that was amazing!" I gush and he smiles at me slightly.

"See, you did it." he says to me supportively as he takes off his helmet.

Without any second thought I jump into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist, my arms around his neck, knocking the helmet out of his hands. He wraps his arms around me in return and I squeal, smiling like an idiot. I suddenly realise what I'm doing and panic, knowing this isn't exactly Mason's type of affection. I was just so happy, my adrenaline was coursing through me. Yet, to my surprise when I look at him, he's smiling, he's happy too. And his embrace didn't feel forced, for the first time.

"Thank you. For pushing me." I say warmly, but also for his show of affection, and his seemingly growing comfortability around me.

Without responding, he just kisses me. Softly. Sweetly. Passionately.

Being in his arms as his lips intertwine with mine, after having such an amazing experience, conquering something I was once so scared of,  feels amazing. His arms are my safe place, they're where I want to be, where I want to stay. Always.

Instagram: @downfallwrites )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.8K 1K 61
๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐†๐†๐„๐‘ ๐–๐€๐‘๐๐ˆ๐๐†: ๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š ๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐๐‚๐„, ๐ƒ๐‘๐”๐†๐’, ๐€๐‹๐‚๐Ž๐‡๐Ž๐‹, ๐–๐„๐€๐๐Ž๐๐’ ๐Œ๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’, ๐•๐ˆ๐Ž๐‹๐„๐๐‚๐„ ...
49.3K 803 25
"๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." ๐ˆ ๐›๐ข๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฉ. "๐…๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ฆ๐ž ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ž." ๐‡๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ซ๐ค๐ž๐. ๐‡๐ž ๐ฉ๐ข๐œ๐ค...
450K 12.9K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
9.8K 273 32
Warning This story it's for mental and emotional mature audience (18 and up) the contain is following: Strong language Graphic violence Nudity Drugs ...