The Time Travelers Son

By Justeen_96

Sequel to The Time Traveller's Wife Now you know the truth. Anne-Marie, the Girl Ripped from Gallifrey. Taken... More

The Girl Ripped from Gallifrey
Self-combustion
Core Temperature
Incaendium
Burn or Freeze
Burn
The Ripper
Jack and Jill
Five
Bubble Planet
Blood Crisis
Pt. 2 This Time of War
Unnatural
Fact or Fiction
Blackhole
Roanoke
Croatoan
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Blood Red
All You See Is Red
Sound of Bells
Are You Awake Yet?
Yellow Submarine
Under the Sea
Promise
Planet Daylight
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
After Silence Falls
The Silence Returns
The Descendants
The End of It All

Pt. 1 This Time of War

163 8 5
By Justeen_96

"Doctor, did you really think I didn't know?" Anne-Marie demanded after she woke up. "They look just like us." Anne-Marie rolled her eyes as Connor ran towards her. "Hi baby!" Anne-Marie cooed swinging him up and holding him tight. Connor whined.

"I'm not a baby!" Anne-Marie held him at arms length.

"You certainly are. You are my six year old baby boy." Anne-Marie replied kissing his forehead and setting him back down, wincing a bit.

"Your arms are sore." The Doctor stated. Anne-Marie gave him a pointed look.

"Yes Doctor, I could feel it." The Doctor shrugged smiling. Anne-Marie smiled back. "Anyways, back to the point. If they weren't humans they would've been Timelords which couldn't have been true, unfortunately and I don't know and you don't know of any other race that looks quite like us humans so there was only one possible option. Humans." Anne-Marie rolled her eyes again. The Doctor shrugged.

"I was trying to pick a time and place where there wasn't any danger. I've never heard of the Blood Crisis." The Doctor said scratching the back of his head. Anne-Marie laughed.

"You can't possibly remember the history of every plant Doctor. Your head might explode." The Doctor rolled his eyes.

"It wouldn't explode. I would probably just regenerate." Anne-Marie laughed and shook her head.

"Well, I suppose we aren't needed anymore. What do you say about talking us back to our time stream?" The Doctor smiled lightly and nodded.

"Wait! Let me get my book!" Connor cried out so the trio headed for the door. Connor rushed back behind them and swiped his book and pencils off the lab desk before racing back to his mother and taking her hand. The Doctor became intrigued again.

"Connor can I see that?" He questioned. Connor early offered up huge notebook. Flipping to a random page the Doctor found star charts and charts of different dolor systems. "Connor how did you draw this?" The Doctor questioned. Bending down on one knee and sowing it to him. Connor shrugged.

"You showed me and mommy the stars once. Taught me how to draw them. Don't you remember?" Connor questioned. He looked sort of sad. "I loved that day. It was my first real birthday." The Doctor didn't know how to respond.

"Of course he remembers Connor. He's just curious about your drawings is all." Anne-Marie lied easily. Standing back up the Doctor quickly flipped through a couple more drawings of plants and lady's in bubbles, ladies in water, more maps, and of course lots and lots of words. He was wondering why this little book looked so familiar when it clicked.

"The Voyinch Manuscript!" The Doctor cried out, snapping his fingers.

"What?" Anne-Marie questioned.

"The Voynich Manuscript! This is the Voynich Manuscript! Connor my boy this book will go down in history. Well it won't have your name on it but it is your book. Oh scholars will try to decipher this for years to no avail. It's one of the greatest masterpieces of all time. Of course I've read it because I understand but this. I've watched it get made! This is fascinating!" The Doctor exclaimed running a hand through his hair. Connor was confused though. He reached for his book but Anne-Marie squeezed his hand and he stopped.

"The Voynich Manuscript was made hundreds of years ago. Are you trying to tell me this is it? Right here?" Anne-Marie questioned.

"You said I bought this book? It's an old book. The carbon dating should still..." The Doctor scanned it with his screwdriver. "It's perfect! Perfect era! Brilliant." The Doctor said waving the book around. "I'll just have to drop this off in its time stream after I bring you two home."
"No Doctor!" Connor cried out. "It's my book! I want it. You gave it to me! Remember? It was my birthday!" Anne-Marie picked Connor up because she could tell he was about to cry.
"Of course I won't take it!" The Doctor exclaimed. "We have to make a copy first." Anne-Marie eyed him confused as Connor sniffles in his arms. What the Doctor meant by copy was his copying machine that could perfectly print out 3 dimensional objects, not only that but accurately print out full books, manuscripts, encyclopedias down to every last detail.

"So it's your Cloning device." Anne-Marie said. The Doctor frowned.

"That's it's boring name of boringness. Copy Machine! It's a copy machine." Anne-Marie rolled her eyes at him.

"Here you go my boy." The Doctor exclaimed pulling the copy free and handing it to him. Connor smiled and hugged the Doctor's legs.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed before rushing out into the hallway. The Doctor followed closely, ready to lead him down the right hallway if he took a wrong turn. To his surprise Connor hardly looked up as he walked through the long confusing hallways of the Tardis. It's like he knew he was going even though Anne-Marie and Connor swore they hadn't been in the room before. "Mommy look! The Doctor did it!" Connor shouted entering the console room. Anne-Marie shield snd picked him up.

"I knew he would and we're home Connor." The Doctor arched an eyebrow.

"We are? I mean.. You are?" The Doctor questioned. Anne-Marie rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I piloted the Tardis. Smooth ride, perfect landing. None of this crash landing you always do. I'm surprised half of the stuff in your Tardis haven't broken already." Anne-Marie told him. The Doctor mocked her and Anne-Marie laughed. "How about you head inside Connor and I'll fix us some lunch okay?" Connor nodded and was heading for the doors when he did a complete 180 and ran towards the Doctor, hugging his legs again.

"Thank you! Today we fun!" Letting go Connor rushed off into the house.

"Cute kid." Anne-Marie rolled her eyes.

"You always say something like that or a variation of it." Anne-Marie replied placing one hand on his shoulder and kissing him. The Doctor was still surprised even though he had expected it. Anne-Marie could sense this.

"Was this the first time we've kissed?" Anne-Marie demanded.

"No."

"Then don't act so surprised!" Anne-Marie exclaimed kissing him again. This time the Doctor placed his hands on her waist and pulled her closer. "Much better." Anne-Marie kissed his cheek and headed for the door. "I'll see you soon." It sounded more like a command than a statement.
"Of course." The Doctor replied with a nod of his head. Anne-Marie smiled as she headed out the door. The Doctor watched her wave goodbye on the monitor before heading inside. The Doctor blew air out from his mouth and ran his hands through his hair. He assumed the Tardis would do something drastic and pull him into a different time stream but he remembered the manuscript he had to drop off so that's where he went next.

Tearing out the appropriate pages the Doctor sold it to Wilfred Voynich for a reasonable price before disappearing. History would take its course. The manuscript would eventually get into the right hands. As the Doctor entered the Tardis he wondered if he should try to head to the date Anne-Marie had sent him when he first left to save Connor. Tapping his chin the Doctor input the date and the coordinates. Like expected the Tardis seemed to malfunction and threw him into Anne-Marie's past instead of her future.

Coughing, the Doctor opened the door of the Tardis and waved out some of the remaining smoke. "What's wrong with the Tardis?" A small voice asked. The Doctor turned to find a twelve year old Anne-Marie behind him, hands on her hips confused. "What did you do to her?" Anne-Marie demanded.

"Me! She's the one malfunctioning!" The Doctor exclaimed a loud, deep ding sounded inside the Tardis.

"She said its your fault." Anne-Marie replied.

"How do you know what she said?" The Doctor demanded.

"Because I'm a girl.shes a girl. We're both mad at you." Anne-Marie huffed.

"What? Why are you mad?" The Doctor cries out.

"I haven't seen you since my birthday! That was seven months ago!" The Doctor spins around taking in the scenery, falling leaves, bright colors.

"Oh Fall! I love Fall!" He exclaims. Anne-Marie glares at him. "I'm sorry! Where do you want to go! Anywhere, any time any place. Anywhere." Anne-Marie rolls her eyes.

"I know we can go anywhere, come on." Anne-Marie says entering the Tardis. The Doctor flips on the air vents and they suck up the rest of the smoke. Snapping his fingers he closes the door and twists a few knobs while Anne-Marie thinks about their destination. "George Washington." The Doctor looks up at her confused.

"What was that?" He questions.

"George Washington. I want to meet him. Wouldn't that be cool!" Anne-Marie exclaims, excited now. The Doctor know what that means unfortunately.

"Why not! President Washington it is!" Anne-Marie laughs as she watches him run around the Tardis preparing for their journey. "Very exciting man. He had false teeth!" The Doctor cried out running up to her and bending to her height showing her his teeth. Anne-Marie laughed.
"My teachers say that isn't true."

"Oh and what would teachers know! Have they met George Washington?" Anne-Marie shook her head smiling. "Then how could they know! We're going to meet him and I'll bet my Tardis that he has false teeth!" With a shuddering thud the Tardis landed.

"We're here?" Anne-Marie asked excitedly. The Doctor nodded and gestured for the doors.
"Let's have a look shall we?" Anne-Marie smiled wider and ran to the doors ahead of the Doctor. Except, when Anne-Marie opened the Tardis doors and found that they were in fact, not in the White House like she expected but on a battlefield imagine her complete horror when a soldier shouted,

"DUCK!" Anne-Marie ducked as a small oval object sailed over her head. The Doctor grabbed it up immediately and tossed it back right outside the Tardis doors. Anne-Marie stared up at him wide-eyed. They were tense in anticipation for an explosion that never came. With a questionable look on his face the Doctor slowly opened the doors.

"Doctor." Anne-Marie hissed, scared. The Doctor pulled the door open wider and nudged the grenade with the toe of his shoe.

"These old things are very unreliable." Anne-Marie laughed and the Doctor smiled down at her until he was wrenched from the Tardis.

"Doctor!" Anne-Marie shouted rushing out after him. The Doctor found himself yet again surrounded by military men with guns pointed at his chest. "Wait! No! Don't shoot him!" Anne-Marie cried out, clutching the Doctor's arm.

"Where in thunder did this girl come from!" A man shouted glaring down at Anne-Marie. Then he glared up at the Doctor, getting in his face. "Are you one of those twisted men who prey on innocent children?" He demanded shoving the barrel of his riffle under the Doctor's chin.
"He's my dad!" Anne-Marie shouted. The Doctor looked down at her a bit startled. Anne-Marie just called him her farther. Well, that will make for interesting conversation later. "Please, we didn't mean to end up here. We're in the wrong timeline. If you let him go we'll leave!" Anne-Marie bargained.

"Corporal, stand down." Every straightened up and the Corporal responded immediately. They saluted.

"General Washington sir." Anne-Marie turned her eyes to the man on the horse.

"Now what was that about wrong timeline?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 385 27
"I can't figure out how to show you how much you mean to me. You are my golden girl, my dearest friend. I am incredibly lucky to have you next to me...
4K 122 14
The Seer knows she is alone. She has a power that allows her to know this, although she has not seen another Time Lord for 500 years. Then, she meets...
207K 6.7K 26
Caramillia Jonicale, the last female Timelord among existence. After reaching Earth in a status bubble that kept her safe, with a stolen vortex manip...
155K 5.2K 24
"I'm The Reader, I'm the last Time Lady from the planet of Gallifrey, I have travelled for over 1000 years, And I'm the words on the page you're to s...