Rivals

By Bruno247day

(Story under Heavy editing) ************* April Anderson just wanted one thing, to get through high school w... More

Chapter 1-New School
Chapter 2-new school
Chapter 3-New Friends New Enemies
Chapter 4- New Friends New Enemies
Chapter 5- Humiliated
Chapter 6-Big mistake
Chapter 7- The Devil himself
Chapter 8: hit him where it hurts
Chapter 9: Ambushed
Chapter 10: Karma
Author's Note
Chapter 11- Karma
Chapter 12: Not complete monsters
Chapter 14: Scarred for life
Chapter 15:Strange Encounter
Chapter 16: Family Bonding
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18- Arrangements
Chapter 19-Projects, Cafes and Water.
Chapter 20- This is it
chapter 21-Incoming...

Chapter 13: Not complete Monsters.

30 4 1
By Bruno247day

April pov

I was still a bit shocked by what was happening, I mean Michael was Talking to me and he was really nice, which was funny because I thought he would kinda be like the others.

"So how long have you lived in this town?" Michael asked whispering.

"Not long, like two years actually." I replied imitating his tone.

"Oh, because I haven't been seeing you around here."

"Dude, almost eight thousand people live in this city, its no wonder you haven't seen me."

"Wow, you seem to know your Economics really well April." He said teasingly.

"Yeah, well..." I said, not really knowing what to say.

After that we didn't really say much anymore, just copying each others notes because we missed a lot of the stuff the teacher had been saying.

Please let the bell go off.

And as if my magic, the fifth period bell went off.
Yes. I internally did a fist pump.

I packed my books into my bag and headed out of the class.

"So what class are you having now?" Michael said walking side by side with me.

"Oh, I have a free period."

"Same...Wanna Go hang out in the library?"

"Sure, I'm actually heading there my self to meet up with Avery."

"OK cool." He said while smiling at me.

I blushed at that simple gesture.
Come on April get it together. You've only known him for like fifty minutes.

As we walked to the library, I noticed a few students giving us strange looks, like it was not normal for me to be seen hanging around Michael.
Idiots.

"Hey Ape." Avery squealed as she hugged me tightly.

I heard Michael let out a not so subtle chuckle behind me. At first I thought why exactly does this situation seem so funny... Oh no!
Avery called me Ape in front of Michael.

Groan!

"I told you to stop calling me that." I said as I gently pushed myself off of Avery.

"Yeah whatever, I like it, so you better get used to it." She said playfully pointing at me.

"Ugh, Whatever. Avery this is Michael." I said motioning towards Michael.

"Hey." Michael briefly waved with an amused smile.

"Hey, I'm Avery." Avery said smiling.

"I know."

"I know you know, I'm just trying to be polite." Avery said with an Eye roll.

"Will you kids shut up and take a seat. This a library for goodness sake." The librarian, Dorcas scolded angrily.

"Sorry ma'am." Avery said in A hushed tone.

We got tables at the far end of the library, away from the all seeing eye of Mrs Dorcas.

"So Michael, I was just wandering why you aren't, you know like Jackson and his buddies." Avery asked Curiously. I also wandered the same thing but I didn't want to ask, scared that I might Just push his buttons or something.

" you know, Just because I hang out with them that doesn't mean I'll have to behave like them." Michael said with a small smile.

"Ok. I guess that makes sense." Avery said with a shrug,

After that an Awkward silence fell on us and only the sound of the books that we had previously gotten from the shelves could be heard.

But we were saved by my talkative friend who kept the atmosphere lively.
We chatted a lot about celebrity gossip, Current Popular Movies and Songs And Avery even proceeded to ask Michael about his love life. She just had to be so inquisitive.

We were talking, laughing and Gossiping for so long that we almost didn't hear the bell go off.
We took our things and left the library. Checking my Schedule, i found that I had Biology and lucky me, so did Avery and Michael. We hurried to class so we could find seats Close to each other.

Once everyone had taken their seats, Mrs Shane then shut the door and wrote down the topic-Ecosystem, I seriously hated this topic so much and Normally I loved Every topic in Biology.

As i was taking down Notes, a rolled up pieces of paper landed on my lap, I opened up the paper, recognising Avery's hand writing, I began to read 'So what do you think of Michael?'

'He's nice.' I wrote simply then I passed the note back to Avery.

The paper returned back instantly, 'Don't you mean Adorably Cute?"

"No, I mean he's nice and besides you just met him today so you better not tell me that that you have a crush on him already." I wrote back and passed it back.

"April, you might wanna make the whole passing of Note thing more Obvious." Michael said sarcastically.

"Did the teacher notice?" I asked a bit worriedly. If she did and didn't say anything then that would mean detention for me and Avery and I don't think Mrs Shane is the type to ask questions and allow you to explain your selves, she might just jump into conclusions.

"I don't think so." He said while glancing at the teacher then back at me.

Thank goodness. I got out a piece of paper and quickly wrote down another message- we'll talk later.
Then passed it back to her.

"You There!" I heard Mrs Shane's loud Screeching voice from Across the room.

"What are you doing, passing Notes in my class?" Mrs Shane asked Angrily, with her eyes twitching and her nose flaring up.

"Uh...we were just...you see what happened was..." I was cut short by Mrs Shane

"I don't care. I would see you in detention. Both of you." She said and handed a detention slip to Me & Avery.

I placed my head on my desk in annoyance.
"Hey it gonna be Ok." I heard Michael say reassuringly.

"Yeah, I guess so."

After that the rest of the School day went by really quickly and Finally it was time for my detention.

"Hey, you Alright?" Michael asked with concern evident in his tone as he walked me to the detention class.

"Yeah, i mean its only detention, I'll be fine."

"Ok. Do you want me to wait for you?" He asked sweetly.

When he asked that Question, I was deeply Astonished. He was willing to wait in school an extra hour for me?

"Its Okay, you don't have to worry and besides I'm with Avery, so no problemo, Just go home Okay. See you tomorrow." I said, smiling at him.

"Ok, see you." He said letting out a short attractive laugh. He waved then began walking towards the exit.

Let the wasting of time begin.

... 1hour and 3minutes Later

I had said good bye to Avery and walked over to my car but not surprisingly I found one of my tyres flat. Great, just great. I had detention and had to stay another Extra hour in this horrid place Now I walked to car in hopes to get home fast enough only to find my tyre flat and what's worse I don't even have a spare tyre with me but like that would even be helpful given that I don't even know how to change a tyre.
What did I ever do to deserve this?

As I was internally panicking, wondering what I was going to do when a Black Jeep drove in front of me. Michael stepped out and walked over to me..

"In need of some assistance?" He asked with a small smirk playing on the corner of his lips.

I couldn't find my voice anymore to respond so I simply nodded my head.

"Whats the problem?" He asked as He walked to my car.

"I have a flat tyre."

"Ok, well I have an extra one in my trunk, I could fix it up for you." He offered as he pointed to his car.

"Uh...th-thank you." I said rather Shyly.

After the tyre had been changed...

"Oh my God, thank you so much. I seriously don't know how to repay you." I smiled wildly as I was looking at the tyre Michael had just Changed.

"only time Would tell, but now, all i want is to see a smile on your pretty face." Michael said Flirtatiously.

When he said that, I couldn't help but blush. I mean a Cute guy called me pretty so why wouldn't I blush?

Of course Michael let out a short laugh When he saw the expression on my face.

"That's not funny Mike." I said in Embarrassed.

"Oh, it so was. You should've seen your face and your expression, priceless." He said laughing harder and even wiped a fake tear away from his eye.

Jerk.

After my little embarrassing moment, we said our goodbyes but not without exchanging numbers. We hopped into our cars and drove off to our respective destinations.

Things with Mike actually seemed promising. I thought as i approached a Speed bump.

Next chapter soon. Sorry for the delay.
And Dont forget to check my New story WHEN TWO WORLDS COLLIDE.

When the first chapter is Uploaded💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.3K 46
"Autumn" he says a bit louder, I couldn't resist his voice so I look up at him. "Do you think everything I have ever said to you and done with you is...
2M 78.7K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...
165K 4.7K 31
"Leave me alone you ass nugget!" I call over my shoulder. "April stop! And did you really just call me an ass nugget?" he replies, scurrying after me...
282K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...