Fridays with Jesus

By xenonoble

A Friday reflection on the value of Jesus in the gospels. More

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3.1
Episode 3.2
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41

Episode 10

16 0 0
By xenonoble

"Mar, wala na si Lola (Mar, grandma is gone)." When I received this text message, my world stopped. I can only recall how kind and patient my grandma was with me. In that state of shock, the "would haves", "could haves", and "should haves" began popping in my head.

Regret is defined as sorrow aroused by circumstances beyond one's control or power to repair. Humans as we are, we want to fix the past, and we want to reconstruct a happy ending though we know that unhappy ending is also very possible.

In today's gospel (Mt. 25:1-13), we witness the unhappy ending of the five foolish virgins. These foolish virgins knew that the bridegroom will come but despite that fact, they did not prepare oil for their lamps. As a consequence, they were not able to unite with the bridegroom. In the same manner, we know that our time on earth will soon end but do we prepare the oil of thanksgiving, forgiveness, and love? Or do we let the moment pass regretful of the things we were not able to do? We still have time, we can still live to the fullest. May we light our lamps well ever ready to welcome the return of the Lord. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #10
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
August 30, 2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 899 200
God's Word is a secret for a better life. We need to meditate on it day and night. And for sure ourlives will become more useful and meaningful in ou...
75 5 22
The gospel of John from the Bible. If you would like to swear, please be respectful and avoid the comments. If you absolutely must tell a Christian h...
193 5 5
Most of the times ,we hit the rock bottom and trynna figure out how we can get back up ,so here are short stories of how people struggling with unfor...
104 3 31
What's inside of your Garden? love, patience, and many others. So let's begin the journey of Virtues