My Best Friend Is A Vampire A...

By BrittanyLeigh8

This a story about Ashlyn and her bestfriend Chase. Summer is over and now school is back in session and Ashl... More

Chapter 1- First Day Back
Chapter 2- The Truth
Chapter 3- Explanations
Chapter 4- Someone's Not Getting It
Chapter 5- Somebody That I Used To Know
Chapter 6- No Choice
Chapter 7- Learning The Truth
Chapter 8- Bonded
Chapter 9- Revelations
Chapter 10- Crystal
Chapter 11- You've Got Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12- Solution
Chapter 13- Relationships
Chapter 14- The Wedding
Chapter 15- Awakening
Chapter 16- The honeymoon is over
Chapter 17- Security Breech
Chapter 18- Heritage
Chapter 19- Don
Chapter 20- Surprise
Chapter 21- Getting back to humanity
Chapter 22- More Than Friends
Chapter 23- True Feelings
Chapter 24- Memories
Chapter 25- Taken
Chapter 26- Mover
Chapter 27- Surrogate
Chapter 28- New Feelings and Information
Chapter 29- Dreams and Warnings
Chapter 30- Arrival
Chapter 31- Unfortunate Events
Chapter 32- A Mutual Understanding
Chapter 33- Almost Gone
Chapter 34- Second Chances

Epilogue

108K 2.1K 272
By BrittanyLeigh8

(Epilogue)

-17 years later-

“Where do you think you’re going?” Chase asked our daughter Lily as she was walking down the stairs.

“Uh…school?” She guessed.

“Not in that you don’t. Go change,” he demanded, giving her a stern look, daring her to refuse. 

“Dad,” she whined. “This is what all the other kids are wearing.”

“Well you’re not like the other kids,” he argued.

“Just because I’m a soon to be vampire doesn’t mean I can’t fit in with the other kids," she said.

Chase frowned at her. “Don’t make me tell you again.”

Lily let out a frustrated groan and stomped up the stars. “I can’t do anything in this house.”

“We love you to,” Chase chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at him and turned back toward the stove to flip the pancakes. “You know the more you tell her not to do something the more she wants to.”

“The joys of raising teenagers,” he joked.

“Hey we were teenagers once too, remember?”

He laughed. “We still are.”

“Only in body, not in mind.” I smiled.

That was more true than you know. Chase and I had really matured since we had the kids. When Liam and Lily were born we got our priorities strait. We moved from the palace with River, Lily and Liam to a little town where no one knew us. I would have loved to move back home but the fact that we hadn’t aged a bit would raise suspicion about us.

Chase sat down at the table and opened the paper to read like he did most mornings before work. We tried to keep as normal a life as possible for the kids because we knew that when the time come for them to transition that everything would change for them.

I didn’t want them to feel like they were missed out on anything. I wanted them to go to prom and hang out with friends on the weekends and have the chance to date normal people before it all changed.

“Something smells good,” River said walking into the kitchen.

“That would be your mom's cooking.” Chase replied.

“Sit down and I’ll make you a plate.” I said.

“I can’t or I’ll be late for school.”

“How is college going for you?” Chase asked.

“It’s college,” he shrugged.

“How’s the grades?” I asked.

“Great.”

“Have you made any friends?” Chase asked.

“Yeah, a few. What’s with the all the questions?” He asked slightly annoyed.

“We just want to know what’s going on in your life. Ever since you started college it’s like you’re never here anymore.” I said feeling a little sad.

He sighed in guilt. “I know, mom. I’m sorry. I’ve just been busy, that’s all.”

He hugged me to make me feel better and it did. He always knew what to do when I was upset. He was so much like Don though I couldn’t help but think about him every time I seen him. They looked alike, they acted alike and their personalities were alike. Every day it worried me that the prophecy would come true. Every time one of them brought home a girl or every time they had an argument I thought about that day it was all revealed to me. The only thing that put my mind at ease was the fact that Liam and River seemed really close. Maybe that meant something.

“I gotta run, I’ll be home for dinner tonight.” River said.

“Ok, I actually wanted to talk to you about something tonight.” I said.

“Uh oh.” He chuckled. “What did I do?”

“It’s nothing like that. Just about your transformation and things like that.”

“I told you mom, after collage.” He groaned.

“I know, honey, but that’s only a year away. It’s time we start talking about it.” I said.

He sighed in defeat. “I know. I’ll see you tonight.”

He hugged me goodbye and left without another word. I hated to pressure him but he had to turn before he could become part of the organization. The only reason he was able to wait as long as he has is because they weren’t ready for us to take over the position yet but when we do he would have to change.

Chase’s phone rang interrupting my thoughts and he quickly stood up to answer it after checking the ID. “Hello?”

I walked out of the room to give him some privacy and went up to Liam’s room to find him since I hadn’t seen him this morning. I knocked on his door and waited for a reply before I went in but there wasn’t one so I knocked again.

“Honey, I made breakfast if you’re hungry.” I said.

“I’ll be down in a minute.” He said from the other side of the door.

Just as I was about to reply Chase came up beside me and took my hand looking worried.

“What’s wrong?” I asked noticing his tension.

He pulled me to our room and closed the door behind him.

“Chase what’s wrong, you’re scaring me.” I said.

“It’s Don. He’s back and looking for a fight.” He answered.

“What?” I gasped. “It’s been almost 17 years.”

“I know but he hasn’t let it go. He wants revenge and…”

“And what?” I asked impatiently.

Chase swallowed. “To take over the organization.”

No. It can't be. 

“What about River?” I asked.

“He’s on the list to. According to a reliable source, he has been building up an army and resources to get what he wants. No one knows what his plan of attack is or when it will happen but he’s coming and he won’t be alone.”

I walked around the room frantically thinking of our options. If Don is hell bent on revenge then I doubt there is anything that I can do that will stop him. He probably wants revenge on me too for all I know. I have to keep this family safe.

“We need to leave, to get away from here. He has probably already found our location.” I said.

“If we run he will still catch up to us eventually.” Chase said.

“Then we need to go back to the palace so we can all be together and plan our defense. It’s the only way. Call Josh and Crystal and let them know what’s going on.”

“Aren’t they on vacation?” Chase asked.

I nodded my head. “Yeah but they will come back once they know what’s happening.”

He crossed his arms over his chest.“So we go back to the palace and then what?”

I walked over to him and took both his hands in mine. “We prepare and wait.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

There it is! The book is officially finished. I hope you have all enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I hate that it has come to an end but it had to eventually so why not with a bang! I know I said before that the sequel will center more around the kids but now I’m thinking about making it equally about all of it, a little of everyone. I feel like Ashlyn’s story isn’t over and needed to continue so that’s what I’m gonna do.

I have so many thank you’s to send out I don’t even know where to start. My would first like to think everyone who has been there for me since the beginning you know who you are. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that this story would go as far as it has. I would like to send out another thank you to everyone who has voted and commented on this story, your words of encouragement and kind comments really kept me going even when I didn’t want to write. Also another thank you goes to all my fans for fanning me, I really appreciate it.

SEQUEL UPDATE (Sequel on hold) 

  When I get everything figured out I will add a chapter on to this story that will be titled (Sequel Info) and list everything you need to know like the when I will be starting it and all that other stuff so look forward to that. The title will be 'A Vampires Revenge'.

Cover of the second book to the side. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also if anyone has any actor suggestions to play River, Lily and Liam please let me know and I just might use them.

Again thank you all for everything. You all have been amazing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

I wish By Ana_rou23

Teen Fiction

664 181 38
Anna's life changed during the summer after her sophomore year of course Covid 19 but also boys, read to see Anna's teenage years get all f*ck up bec...
13.9K 1K 31
Three friends who been in and out of foster home turn 18 and going to college starting a new life. But they still have to see hard times.
129K 3.3K 37
Colton Ashwood was expecting big things from university life, but he wasn't expecting to meet the beautiful, shy girl with a tongue full of sass, Fai...
716 51 23
The new girl Megan is all the rage. While being bullied she makes new friends: Cole, Alx, and Jackson. After beginning a relationship with Alx she be...