The Bet

By soccer_crazy

Nicole was one of the schools most popular sought girl. She was easy going, stubborn and full or herself. Em... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue
Notes

Chapter 22

99.5K 2.8K 978
By soccer_crazy

Emilia's POV

I never felt so relieve for a long time. Talking about my past greatly help lessen the burden. Nicole and Natalia were both very kind and caring people. They weren't judgmental not looked down on me.

The incident on the woods was kept private that even the council was not aware of what truly happened. All everyone knew was that Nick had gotten into fight. My attack was not disclosed.

Nicole and I was allowed to get the rest of the week off but I chose not too. Nick did the same even if I told her to just rest.

"Em... we're here." She said and parked the car. But before I get off, she stopped me for a while. "Hey... Just wondering how we will be today... I mean... we're together now... I'm wondering of we would kept it to ourselves or you know..." She blushed as she tried to asked me those questions and she looked so adorable in being confused.

"Well... I don't want to stir much attention... And I wouldn't really want to get attack by your fan club so maybe we could keep it down a bit?" I responded.

"Sure... No problem." I was about to alight but I noticed that the door's still locked. "Is there anything else?"

"Erhmmm... you see... Next week's the ball... Would you be my date?" She finally asked.

"Yeah... About that... I'm not really coming."

"Why?"

"It's complicated." I lied but the only reason that I'm not coming was because I don't have anything to wear and I don't really want to spend my little savings on a dress.

"Okay then..." She replied.

"If there aren't anything else then can you unlock the door? We're going to be late."

"Oh yeah.., sorry."

Nicole's POV

"Argh... My whole body sore..." I whined to myself. It was best if I probably just rest since my ribs still hurts like a bitch.

There's only one place that I could go now... The clinic. I'm sure Lindsay will let me rest for the whole day.

"Heh Nick! I heard about yesterday. I'm glad you're okay." I said thanks and went directly to the bed. "So you finally graduated from my clinic to hospitals ah..." She joked.

"Yeah..." I ran along since I wanted to kill the conversation. "Can you wake me up at lunch?"

"Sure... Just rest."

Jane's POV

It was already lunch time and I have never seen my best friend around. I have sent her several messages but she wasn't answering.

"Hey Jane!" I turned around to see James. "Have you seen my iPad? I can't find it sine yesterday."

"You probably left it at the penthouse." I replied. "Have you seen Nick?"

"No... She wasn't at our class this morning. Have you tried the clinic?" I shook my head no. "She's probably sleeping somewhere since I saw her truck's still on the parking."

Brad, Tony and Tin then appeared from the corner. The three have the same classes before lunch. "Sup guys!"

"Jane..." Tin started. "Have you got your dress already?"

"Tin... I was actually debating on wearing a tux." I honestly said. "For a change..." I have nothing against wearing a dress... In fact, I love dresses and heels but this time, I feel like wearing a tux. I can already picture myself wearing an all black tux with bow tie that matches Tin's dress. Then I would just tie my long brown hair into a pony or something.

"Is that so..." She said in a weak voice as it she was against it. "You know you can't pick me up wearing a tux. My parent's will freak out. They are both homophobes."

"I know... But I'll find a way."

"Okay."

Nicole's POV

"What's up people? Why the sad face?" I greeted my friends as I approached our table.

It was Tony who answered. "Tin and Jane are having dress/tux trouble. James iPad is missing and Brad just broke up with his girlfriend."

"So basically, you're the only one that has no problem?"

"Not really... Since the person I asked to go to the ball still hasn't replied to me." Well... That's new. Tony was good looking and well built. I'm sure whoever that girl was trying to play hard to get.

"So how are you? You took quite a beating yesterday." Brad asked.

"It only hurts when I laugh or do sudden movement but other than that, I'm okay." I explained. "Sorry I stood you up yesterday, didn't know I was that tired."

"Nah... It's okay. Nat and her friend told us you were really exhausted." Jane replied. I wonder if Natalie told them about my living arrangement with Emilia.

"I'll make it up to you guys... I know we haven't bonded a lot but hey... Thank's giving break should be around the corner, what do you think of us hitting the road for a trip?"

"Great idea. We can go after that boring party that my parent's are forcing me to attend." James replied.

"You mean the Annual Enterprises Thanks Giving Charity Ball?" Tony asked.

"Yeah... That one. My parents said that it should be a good exposure for me."

"I'm required to attend that too." Tony said.

"Same here. Well at least I knew I wouldn't be lonely there." Tin added.

"I'll be there too." Jane replied.

I looked into Brad and he just shrugged. "Unfortunately yes... And I'm not allowed to bring a date. Said it's a family event only."

"So I guess we'll be seeing each other then." Natalie mentioned it to me. As a rebel, I rarely attend this kind of event but Natalie practically begged me and she never ever begged. I'm sure Em and Maddy should be okay for a couple of hours in the unit alone.

"Will you be able to play at the championship?" Jane inquired.

"I'm not sure... It depends on my healing."

"Okay,.. Take it easy... We already managed to reach the finals. I'm sure it was already a great achievement for the school." Jane assured me.

"Yeah..." I nodded. "So... Have you done your shopping?" She shook her head no.

"Tin and I are scheduled to go to the mall this weekend. And I'll get your dress don't worry."

"What dress? Nick's going to wear a dress? Oh ehm geeh! Is it the end of the world?" Brad exaggerated.

"It's for Emilia. I wanted so surprise her."

"Okay... How are you two by the way?"

"We are good. Getting there." I lied. I knew they were my friends but I think it's best if we kept our relationship hidden for a while.

"We're really happy for you Nick. It's time she makes an honest person out of you."

"Thanks guys!"

John's POV

"Em, I heard about yesterday. Are you okay?"

"What version of the story did you have?" She asked.

"That delinquent friend of yours had gotten into fight and you were caught in the middle." I replied.

"Nick's not a delinquent. She's a good person. And yes, I'm okay. Thank you for asking." Was her cold response. I can't help but think that there's more to it than it was told.

"Okay... I'm sorry."

"It's okay John, again, thank you for your concern and I'm sorry that you team loss."

My team loss by one penalty point. If my stupid team mate didn't trip our opponent at the penalty box then we could have gotten a tie and might have a chance in overtime.

"Emilia... I have been meaning to ask you this but will you go to the ball with me?" There, I finally managed to asked her. I have been asking her for the past three years but she refuses to go.

"I'm not going John and you know why."

"Then let me take care of it."

"Please don't John. And Please stop courting me already... we can't be together."

"Why? What's wrong with me?"

"It's not you John. It's me. Please understand and let me go."

Her words struck my heart. I felt a lot of pain. It's not my pride anymore but it was something deeper. "Okay Emilia... as long as you're happy but always remember that I'm here for you."

"Thank you John."

They said that if your really love someone, you better set them free.

Well... They were wrong.

One way or another, Emilia's going to be mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779 160 37
Nicole Miller has gone through a terrible heartbreak and before she could recover she left for fashion school in a different city. Gia Hart, the offi...
4.8K 307 31
In your first year, you're just thrown in there. Your freashmeat, and your gonna be torn apart; Well unless you do what I did, get popular and stick...
28K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
10.6K 344 32
Emily, Anne, Taylor, and Jane finally move up to high school and go to the school affiliated with their middle school. Now many more problems arise f...