Fate has a Mind of Its Own (S...

By CrazyforWoo

SEQUEL OF UNEXPECTED WEDDING CEREMONY. What happened when the person you love told you to wait for nine years... More

Chapter 2 xx
Chapter 3

Chapter 1 xx

16.1K 208 45
By CrazyforWoo

Was that… Ames? As in Amethyst Wyatt? It can’t be…I think it might just be me. I stop Louis from walking past me and look at him. He looks kind of… frustrated.

    “Boobear, I thought I saw Ames in the crowd, is she actually here?” I ask.

Instantly, Louis’ face lit up.

    “Gosh, Haz, I thought you’re not going to notice her!” he says excitedly and pulls me in a hug “what did you do?”

I scratch the back of my head.

    “I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me… so I ignored her stare…” I say slowly, knowing what I did was wrong.

    “The heck are you still standing there? Go back and tell her that you’ve find her!” Louis directs and gives me a shove towards the exit.

I quickly make a run towards the exit. Ignoring Paul that shouted for me to stop.

    “Paul, leave him, he’s finding the love of his life.” Louis says and I give him a little smirk when I turn my head around.

There are fans everywhere… who cares; I'll just go straight to the point. I run around, hoping to find her face.

    “Oh my god!” few people gasps in shock, pointing towards the road.

I focus on the road. A woman pushes the little girl out of the van’s way and she looked like she tripped over herself, because she doesn’t seem to be moving out of the way. I run towards her and a gasp comes out from my mouth.

    “Ames!” I yell out.

I was a tad bit too late… the van crash into her before halting into a stop. Ignoring the stares on me, I run towards her and cradle her in my arms.

    “You, call the ambulance!” I say, directing one of the people in the crowd to do so.

I place my fingers on the pulse of her neck. I sigh in relief when the pulse is still beating. But… she’s going to lose too much blood!

    “What happened?” Liam asks, pushing few people out of the way before apologising.

    “She—she got hit by the van” I say stuttering few words.

I wipe away the warm water that got leaked from my eyes. Then finally, the ambulance’s siren can be heard. The crowd makes way for the ambulance to come closer. A little girl came up to Ames with tears streaming down her face.

    “Aunty!” she yells out before shaking her arms, as if waking her up.

    “Claire, come here, they will check her.” Niall says, crouching down and holding his arm out for her.

She runs towards Niall and hugs him tight, still crying. The people in charge get bandage from the ambulance and wrap it around her head tightly, covering the wound up, so that the blood won’t come out as much as before. They then carry her onto the bed-like thing.

    “Who are you to her?” the nurse asks.

    “I'm her husband.” I say, confidently, before showing her my ring finger.

The nurse looks shock when I said that but still let me to be inside the ambulance. Inside, I hold onto her cold hand, praying that she’ll be fine.

I sit on the seat that’s provided outside of the room she’s in. The doctors are checking her.

    “Harold, it’s not your fault.” Liam says, rubbing my back.

With my head in my palms, I shake my head.

    “It is my fault, if I was a bit earlier, I could save her!” I say, wiping the tears out of my eyes.

I never thought that I would be meeting her in nine years like this. All this while I've been searching for her frantically, and then when I finally get to see her again… she got hit by a van.

A person sits next to me and sighs.

    “Harry, it never is your fault.” Says a pregnant woman with short dark blonde hair; the same as the little girl from earlier.

    “Who are you, if you don’t mine me asking.” I say, glancing at her.

    “Oh, I forgot that you don’t know me,” She says, waving her mistakes away “I'm Emilee, Ames’ aunt. She’s been living with me all this while.”

I nod, so… that’s where she was for the whole nine years. That’s why when I visit ma and pa two years ago her room looked dusty like she hasn’t even been in there. So now I know why.

I lean back in my chair. Niall is still holding onto the little girl that he called Claire. Liam is next to me, looking really worried. Louis and Zayn leans on the wall. Zayn bites his lip nervously while Louis taps his foot on the ground, calming himself. Ma and pa are sitting anxiously on their seats. The woman who claims to be Ames’ aunt holds onto her tummy and her husband’s—I assume—hand. All pair of eyes avert towards the person that opened the door that leads to the room.

Pa and I quickly stand up. Pa looks at me and motions for me to sit back down while he talks to the doctor. I slump myself down with a sigh and look at my dried-blood stained shirt. No wonder Claire refuse when I want to carry her, I'm covered in blood!

I look anxiously at the doctor and pa, who are talking to each other at the corner of the room. Well, I guess I'm not the only one with an anxious look on my face. Finally, pa comes back with the doctor.

    “I have good news and bad news.” The doctor who goes by the name Carlo says.

We all look at him and nod, motioning for him to continue.

    “The good news is that she’s still alive with a broken arm and a fracture collar bone.” He says.

I look up at him, like he’s a hero with a huge smile on my face. Thank goodness she’s still alive!

    “The bad news is that… she might lose some of her memories. That is because of the great force that hit the back of her head and she also loses some blood.” Carlo explains.

    “W-what type of blood does she has?” I ask, stuttering.

This will be the second time she lost her memories. What I really hope is for her to remember me… once is hell... second time will be—what’s worse than hell?

    “She has AB blood type, so anyone who wants to donate can. Do you want to?” Carlo asks me.

    “Sure!” I say over enthusiastically.

    “Me too!” Louis says.

    “Me three!” Niall says, accidentally waking Claire.

    “Can I?” Zayn asks at the same time as Liam.

I smile a little at them. That’s how much we care about Ames.

    “Pa, do you want to donate some blood for her?” I ask.

    “Nah, if I do then, her body will have overload blood.” He says jokingly.

I take off my blood stained clothes and change into a fresh new one. I look at my arm that has a band-aid on it. It feels good to actually help her, though not much, but it feels good! I chuck the dirty clothes into the washing basket. Luckily for us, Perth, Western Australia is the last place we’re touring. We get to stay here a little longer.

The lads and I are staying in ma and pa’s house. Well… we kind of said that we’ll be fine living in a hotel, but they insisted.

    “Harry…?” a voice calls out, opening the door.

I turn around and smile at the petite figure.

    “Claire, what happened?” I ask, picking her up off the ground.

    “Is aunty going to be fine?” she asks, playing with the hem of her dress.

    “Yeah, she will.”

    “That’s what everyone says!” she says, sulking “you guys are wying.”

I chuckle at her cute little accent.

    “That’s because we are telling the truth.” I say, pinching her chubby cheek softly.

She frowns. I bring her downstairs outside, into the garden.

    “I'll bring you to her tomorrow, alright?” I say, crouching down so that our eyes level.

    “Why can’t I see her today?” she asks.

    “She’s asleep. She’s tired after saving you.” I say, rubbing her soft hair.

    “Awright, she’s a hero!” she says enthusiastically and giggles.

I start tickling her until the lads come, joining me.

    “Stop, stop!” she says, still giggling and a little bit out of breath.

    “We’re the tickling monster, arr!” Niall says before attacking her.

After a while, we stop tickling her and drop down on the grass. Claire then crawls and lay down in between of me and Niall.

    “I'm going to tell my friend that One Direction tickwed me!” she says cheerily.

We all laugh spontaneously at her remarks.

    “How do you know us?” I ask, turning my head towards her.

She’s looking up at the sky with a beam clear on her face.

    “Aunty towd me aww about you guys.” She says “she’s a direct—derek—I don’t know how to say it!”

    “Directioner?” Louis offers.

    “Yes! That! She said she wove you guys. Especiawwy Harry.” She says before poking me in the stomach.

    “Pfft, no, I bet she likes us all the same.” I say, hinting a smile.

Why am I so stupid? Why did I let her go away? Why am I hiding my true feelings towards her from the day we met? I'm one cruel lad…

I turn my head towards Louis who’s been elbowing me. I raise one of my brows at him, a questioning gesture.

    “She loved you all this while.” He whispers before patting my arms.

    “Harry, if you don’t bewieve me, come to my house tomorrow. She has a whowe cowwection of things that’s 1D rewated.” She says with enthusiasm.

    “We can come, can’t we lads?” Niall says before standing up “now come on, it’s dark now.”

He picks Claire up off the ground and goes inside the house before locking the sliding. Frantically, we run towards the sliding facing one amused Niall and Claire. We knock on it hard.

    “Nialler, open it!” Louis screams and knocks on the sliding door like a maniac.

    “It’s not funny, Niall.” Zayn says, making an attempt.

Niall pokes his tongue out and pretends not to hear a word we said and talks to Claire before walking away.

That leprechaun!

I walk around the house to check the kitchen door.

    “Lads! Come here!” I whisper loudly, twisting the knob.

We enter the kitchen in sleek motion. I quietly shut the door behind me.

    “Where is he?” Zayn whispers quietly, but loud enough for us to hear.

    “I think he might be in the spare room, which is where Claire is sleeping at.” Liam suggests.

We creep upstairs and slowly but sleekly we bend down a bit, I don’t know why we did that… but we just do. We stop in front of the door to the spare room.

I press my ear against the door and there it is; Niall’s laughter can be heard from thousand miles. Suddenly Louis bolts right up and clicks his finger.

    “Louis, quietly!” Zayn hisses.

    “Whoops!” he whispers guiltily “I've got a bloody brilliant idea.”

We all look at him with no hint of amazement. To be frank Lou’s ‘bloody brilliant idea’ sometimes isn’t ‘bloody brilliant’. Let’s see what ‘bloody brilliant’ idea he has in mind, shall we.

Without hesitating, he continues.

    “Do we have any silly strings?”

Okay… maybe sometimes his ‘bloody brilliant’ idea can be brilliant, drop the bloody. We all shake our head.

    “Maybe Niall does. He carries that thing like it’s a freaking weapon.” Zayn says and stands up.

    “Zayn, watch your word.” Liam warns before slapping Zayn’s buttock.

    “I said freaking, chill, Leeyum.” Zayn says, pouting.

Louis and I give him a smirk while Liam is still glaring at him. We know that Liam was just joking. He has this tone that he specifically use when he’s actually, truly mad and that wasn’t it just now.

After a while of crouching on the floor, Zayn finally comes back from Niall and his room with five bottles of silly strings and… a huge smile on his face. He hands each to us and motions for me to open the door. We position our silly strings can tightly in our hand. After counting to three, I motions for the boys to be ready. I open the door while Louis screams:

    “Charge!!!”

Hello!

We meet again :P Okay, since you guys are just awesome… I've decided that I'll continue on writing LWWY AND sequel of UWC which is this; that you’re reading right now. Just a friendly reminder, the updates would if not will take a loooooooooooooong time, so don’t go around shooting me with carrots… :( hee~ anyway, tell me what you thought of it and this story will be written in Harry’s P.O.V :D because UWC was written in Ames P.O.V so, I made a little change >.<

Fate Has a Mind of Its Own… what do you think of the title? What about the cover? Vote, comment and fan!!

                Till we meet again,

                                DirectioneralltheWay

Continue Reading