Chapter 1 xx

Was that… Ames? As in Amethyst Wyatt? It can’t be…I think it might just be me. I stop Louis from walking past me and look at him. He looks kind of… frustrated.

    “Boobear, I thought I saw Ames in the crowd, is she actually here?” I ask.

Instantly, Louis’ face lit up.

    “Gosh, Haz, I thought you’re not going to notice her!” he says excitedly and pulls me in a hug “what did you do?”

I scratch the back of my head.

    “I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me… so I ignored her stare…” I say slowly, knowing what I did was wrong.

    “The heck are you still standing there? Go back and tell her that you’ve find her!” Louis directs and gives me a shove towards the exit.

I quickly make a run towards the exit. Ignoring Paul that shouted for me to stop.

    “Paul, leave him, he’s finding the love of his life.” Louis says and I give him a little smirk when I turn my head around.

There are fans everywhere… who cares; I'll just go straight to the point. I run around, hoping to find her face.

    “Oh my god!” few people gasps in shock, pointing towards the road.

I focus on the road. A woman pushes the little girl out of the van’s way and she looked like she tripped over herself, because she doesn’t seem to be moving out of the way. I run towards her and a gasp comes out from my mouth.

    “Ames!” I yell out.

I was a tad bit too late… the van crash into her before halting into a stop. Ignoring the stares on me, I run towards her and cradle her in my arms.

    “You, call the ambulance!” I say, directing one of the people in the crowd to do so.

I place my fingers on the pulse of her neck. I sigh in relief when the pulse is still beating. But… she’s going to lose too much blood!

    “What happened?” Liam asks, pushing few people out of the way before apologising.

    “She—she got hit by the van” I say stuttering few words.

I wipe away the warm water that got leaked from my eyes. Then finally, the ambulance’s siren can be heard. The crowd makes way for the ambulance to come closer. A little girl came up to Ames with tears streaming down her face.

    “Aunty!” she yells out before shaking her arms, as if waking her up.

    “Claire, come here, they will check her.” Niall says, crouching down and holding his arm out for her.

She runs towards Niall and hugs him tight, still crying. The people in charge get bandage from the ambulance and wrap it around her head tightly, covering the wound up, so that the blood won’t come out as much as before. They then carry her onto the bed-like thing.

    “Who are you to her?” the nurse asks.

    “I'm her husband.” I say, confidently, before showing her my ring finger.

The nurse looks shock when I said that but still let me to be inside the ambulance. Inside, I hold onto her cold hand, praying that she’ll be fine.

I sit on the seat that’s provided outside of the room she’s in. The doctors are checking her.

    “Harold, it’s not your fault.” Liam says, rubbing my back.

With my head in my palms, I shake my head.