Let's go back, back to Cloud...

By LeMayora07

Lan Wangji woke up to find strange things started happening, feeling as if he was missing something important... More

Chapter 1: And so he woke up
Brothers
Town of Caiyi
Drunk
Forehead Ribbon and Rabbits
Go back where?
Kiss
The Truth and Lies
Lan Sizhui
Jiang Cheng
Where It All Begun
Hear Me Call For You
Waking Up From This Endless Dream

Seclusion

9.1K 428 76
By LeMayora07

 -Cloud Recesses 

- 3 months ago

Lan Wangji tied his forehead ribbon with utmost care, delicate fingers tightened the knot and smoothened the hair framing his face as he stood in his room, the Jingshi. Its been three years since he last stepped into this place after spending his days in seclusion to recuperate caused by the discipline whip. thirty three lashes for thirty three elders he caused harm three years ago.

Three Years ago.

That word left a bitter feeling on his chest, he didnt hear any news about Wei WuXian or what happened to him, his mind could not help but wonder if he was safe, what happened to the battle? did they found him? he had so much questions but for now he would have to take things slowly. it was clear they are hiding something from him, Lan XiChen had been avoiding his questions about Wei WuXian,when he was on his way to the Jingshi the other Lan disciples didnt talk to him either, when he tried to approach them they would bow and excuse themselves, he knew something is really up.

After fixing his clothes and making sure he looked presentable he grabbed Bichen, caressing the scabbard he relished the familiar feeling of holding into it. once he was prepared he walked out of Jingshi and headed to the dining hall where the other Lan disciples and elders are. Majority of the people who didnt know that Lan Wangji was already out of his seclusion was shocked to see him everyone knew what happened to Lan Wangji and because of this they are wary of their words especially towards the reason of his punishment.  Lan Wangji didnt mind them and carefully walked towards his designated seat beside Lan XiChen.

“Wangji, how are you feeling?” Lan XiChen smiled at his younger brother observing him.

“Fine” is the only response he gave and glanced at the people around him, the elders along with Lan Qiren had been discussing something in a hushed tone which made Lan Wangji frown. the dishes was served and they started eating.

Lan Qiren then looked at Lan Xichen carefully setting his chopsticks down. “XiChen, how was the conference this time?”,

“Oh, everything is all settled, Sect Leader Jiang is already taking care of the surviving people, while Jin GuangYao had some people survey over the burial mounds” Lan XiChen carefully chose his words.

“Good, are you leaving today? “ Lan Qiren enquire further.

“No, but tomorrow i will, we need to discuss what we should do with.. those items” he murmured and Lan Qiren nodded the conversation should have stopped there however one elder voiced his opinion.

“Hm.. you better throw those items of his, that Yiling Patriarch would probably use those forbidden tools to summon himself back even after death he w--”

CLANK!

Lan XiChen glanced beside him and saw Lan Wangji's chopsticks placed on top of a white porcelain dish, his palm is pressed on the table.

Lan Wangji looked at the elder who spoke and he recognized that this was the one who he had injured the most, he held a staring contest with Lan Wangji while Lan Qiren looked like he wanted to strangle someone.

“Ill go first, i am already full, excuse me” Lan Wangji slowly stood up and left the dining hall, Lan XiChen looked at the food that was barely touched, he stood up as well bowed and followed Lan Wangji.

“Wangji!”

Lan Wangji stopped and looked back at his brother with a small frown on his face, he was not even trying hard to hide how displeased he was. “Brother, what happened to Wei Ying?”

“.. Wangji.. Young Master Wei, He died on the burial mounds” Lan Xichen said softly and looked at his younger brother waiting for his reaction however Lan Wangji only looked at him without blinking and slowly turned back, he started walking back to the direction where his Jingshi was. Lan Xichen was about to say something but he stopped and looked at Lan Wangji's figure disappearing from his line of sight. He was expecting for Lan Wangji to at least have a reaction, sadness, anger or even being surprised but he didn't see any and it scared him, he was worried if Lan Wangji would do something, but he knew his younger brother, the more he force him into saying something, the more he wont talk and so the only thing he can do now is to look after him.

Lan Wangji slowly closed the door once he arrived, leaning against it he let out a shaking breath and closed his eyes. Lan XiChen's voice echoed on his ears, the words stabbed his heart, it was difficult to swallow and accept. he bit his trembling lower lip, taking a deep breath he slowly opened his eyes and looked ahead of the room, in the corner a small table was situated in front of a window and his eyes focused on the instrument that was placed there, with wide eyes he immediately walked closer to it, brushing his robes aside his finger ran in the familiar surface of his Zither. it was clean, no dust, it was very well taken care of despite his absence. Looking at it he plucked a string the tone vibrated in the quiet room and suddenly Lan Wangji looked out of the window as he realized something. He immediately stood up not even bothering to fix his robe he went to his wardrobe and took out a white linen cloth, he made a quick steps into the table and slowly covered his Zither with it. he slung it behind him and left Cloud Recesses.

.

.

.

.

.

“Hey have you heard? the Yiling Patriach is dead”

“oh, I heard that! about four weeks ago the four major clan sieged him in Burial Mound”

“Ha! serves him right! did you know that because of him his Shijie died! even betrayed the family who fed him!”

Lan Wangji walked in the town of Yiling with his straight back and fluttering white robes he was eye catching and the people could not stop gossiping of the possibility that he was here to search for any remains of the Yiling Patriach, since a lot of cultivators had visited the place to salvage any goods they could get from the cave where Wei WuXian recides. some of them are doing a summoning of his soul to capture it and insure that he wont be back again. every step Lan Wangji takes a rumor could be heard.

“They said his Shidi lead it and ended his life” The hush noises from the vendors.

“Tsk! he had it coming! he killed a lot of people with his army of corpse!” The spite of the drunks in the road.

“This is why you should not go out late and avoid anything about these dark path or else you will end up like the Yiling Patriach, being eaten by his own corpse army” The stories of some mothers to scare their children.

“He was such a promising cultivator , smart and talented its a shame” regrets of the people who knew him.

Lan Wangji heard them all and he was restraining himself to act out, he wanted to cover his ears, he didnt want to hear this! who are they to talk like that about Wei WuXian?! who are they?! They have no rights! They didn't know Wei WuXian like how Lan Wangji came to know him. A person who smiles despite his agony, a smart and free man who made the impossible theories came to life, A person who gives and sacrifices everything he had without asking anything in return, A beautiful and kind person that cant be restrained, Wei Ying is Wei Ying.

Lan Wangji didnt notice that on his brooding he had stopped walking and just stood in the middle of the road with his head hung staring at the ground, his fist clenched tightly. he was able to get out of his trance when he heard someone call for him and he slowly lifted his head and saw a old woman with a stall beckoning for him to buy.

“Young Cultivator sir, take a look at my stall and you might find something to bring home for your wife” She smiled and Lan Wangji eyed her stall, there are accessories and charms, talismans, pouches, incense burners, hair pins and other  assorted items that Lan Wangji could not identify. Lan Wangji looked at her and shook his head before continuing his walk.

Lan Wangji arrived at the mountain, the sun was up but the wind that blew his white robes felt cold, his light colored eyes surveyed the place, he found small clearing under the shade of an old tree. Lan Wangji cleared the ground, laid a cloth and sat down he slowly unwrapped his zither and placed it on his lap. long white fingers stroke the string as he closed his eyes, the first tune of Enquiry echoed in the silent mountain, Lan Wangji continued to play, the vibrations of the zither sung for Wei Ying’s name yet he received no answer. he tried again now openly calling anyone who might have seen what actually happened during the night of the siege. Lan Wangji asked if there was someone who is around him, the question was delivered and he stared at his Zither for a long time until a loud tune can be heard, someone answered him.

yes

Lan Wangji immediately asked Wei Ying?

No

A sigh. Lan Wangji stared at his Zither for a while before playing his next question Do you know Wei WuXian?

Yes

Taking a deep breath Lan Wangji wanted to ask  lot of questions, is he with you? did you see him? what happened to him? but he knew that he could not rush things so he carefully picked a question, white long fingers swept and the question was asked. Did you know how he died?

A long silence is followed by a loud tune. No

Light colored eyes stared at the Zither, this soul probably died before the siege happened. Lan Wangji was about to end the enquiry and thank the kind soul when the strings of the Zither vibrated again.

Help.

Lan Wangji contemplated for a moment, this soul must be desperate to seek help for it to voluntary convey a message without being asked and Lan Wangji could not ignore it. he asked, What do you need help for?

.

.

The last tune of Enquiry ended and Lan Wangji was able to get the request of the soul who seeked him out. wrapping his Zither back on the white linen cloth Lan Wangji stood up and fixed his robe he looked around and started walking to the direction where the soul had informed him. it was a very secluded part of the mountain, there are more bushes and trees. the soul had informed him that something was hidden in this area of the mountain. Lan Wangji stood in front of a large old dead tree, the branches barely holding each other off and on the leaves are dry falling in the ground even with just a small whisper from the wind, his line of sight fell on the huge trunk. there were bushes and big piece of wood is plugged there making it look so out of place, Lan Wangji swept his robes and crouched removing the dried bushes and leaves he removed the piece of wood and took a sharp breath as he saw what was inside the tree hole.

A child about four to five years old is curled up, he was covered with dirt, sleeping. Lan Wangji noticed his unusual breathing and reached out to touch his small forehead which was burning. this made Lan Wangji frown and picked up the child on his arms and upon closer inspection his eyes widen, this child..

A flash of familiarity and warmth gushed on Lan Wangji as the image of Wei WuXian with his beautiful smile cradling this child on his arms walking in the town of Yiling.

Lan Wangji immediately took Bichen out and rode it, there is no time to waste, the child must have gone days, weeks without food. his body is frail and his breathing is uneven. he must hurry and treat him, save him.. if he failed to do this what would become of him? he already failed to protect Wei WuXian how could he do the same thing to this child who was so dear to Wei WuXian. he tightened his hold on him as he passed some spiritual energy, this child will definitely live.

.

.

.

“That child?”

“Oh this, I gave birth to him"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Note: I really do apologize for not updating, I was busy these past few months with new job and all. Im so sorry, I was on hiatus as well for quite some time.

I will try and update this moving forward im glad for everyone who keeps motivating me to update and enjoying this story.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 1.1K 21
What if Lan Wangji suffered in Wei Wuxian's stead?
61.2K 2.6K 11
Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's Second Life after Reincarnation, but this time Wei Wuxian didn't want to be the underdog to Lan Wangji. ️ Top/Seme : We...
21K 743 9
After Wei WuXian is torn apart, he wakes up in cloud recesses in the middle of a lecture. Still in his traumatized state, how will he survive? The We...
15.3K 849 35
On his way to his nephew's 100-day celebration banquet, Wei Wuxian was ambushed by Jin Zixun accusing him of putting a curse on the latter. Even afte...