Punisher

By ILoveBooksAndMath

What happens when you push Marinette Dupain-Cheng too far? What happens when you break her heart into Shards... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Untitled Part 18

Chapter 5

4.9K 100 232
By ILoveBooksAndMath

Last Appearance

Alya paced around the room. Her nails digging into her arms, her hair frizzy, and every word that came out her mouth sounded like gibberish. It took a few minutes before Alya even realized Nino was calling her name. Her head shot up. "Alya. Stop, sit, and breathe" She nodded. Sitting beside him. She took deep breaths. Breathing in and out slowly.

She calmed. Nino rubbed her back comfortingly. Alya looked at the ground. "Punisher confronted me." Nino looked at her his eyes widened with concern. "Did she do anything?" Alya shook her head. "No, but she took me out of the fictional world I was in and body slammed me into reality." Alya chuckled, but it was weak and faded quickly. "I've been a terrible friend." Nino furrowed his brows. "To Lila?" Alya scowled when she heard that name. "No, Marinette." Before Nino could say anything, she began to speak.

"Her words were so genuine. Filled with real hurt and anger." Alya had to keep herself from crying again, remembering the moment. "She wasn't lying." Nino looked at her. "Are you sure she wasn't lying?" Alya frowned. "That's the thing Nino. I thought she was just having a tantrum because the attention wasn't on her. But she was being completely honest. Out of all the years you've known Marinette. Does she seem like the type to lie? Out of maliciousness? For attention?" Nino's eyes left Alya. His heart beating rapidly. How could he have been so blind? He was in love with the girl once for god's sake, how could he just leave her.

"She gives us everything. But when it's her turn to take. We refuse." She choked on her sobs her face growing hot from tears once again. "Not only did we refuse, but we also hated her for it, we let the real monster rip her apart piece by piece." Her voice broke from her crying. Nino hugged her. Still processing the information he was given.

Alya looked up at him. Staring into his eyes. "Nino..." She breathed. "We created Punisher."

---

Adrien lifted his shirt. Looking into the mirror. It was the night of the fight he had with Punisher. The mirror revealed a big bruise. "Dammit, they're everywhere." He whined. At least most of them could be covered with makeup. But not when he had a black hole on his waist. Plagg floated beside him unimpressed.

"Miraculous ladybug would be really useful wouldn't it?" Plagg smirked. Adrien glared at the kwami sharply. He only smirked. "I'm hungry, is there any camembert?" The little god zoomed away in uninterest. Adrien just decided he'd tell Nathalie he'd gotten sick or something. He changed into his PJ's and tucked himself in. His green eyes following the being with a stack of camembert. Adrien looked at him flatly. "You have to bring that while I'm trying to sleep?" Plagg ignored him. "Well, your Princess hit's hard. That tells you something." Adrien narrowed his eyes. "What's that suppose to mean?" Plagg ignored him once again and swallowed some camembert whole.

Adrien decided not to press. He groaned laying on his other side because she hit him with a giant flucking steel hammer and that hurt like hell. "Plagg do you think she hates me?" The blonde whimpered looking at him for a response. "Probably." Plagg said chomping on some more camembert. Adrien went deadpanned not knowing what to expect from Plagg of all people. Plagg observed him and sighed. "What did you think I was going to say." Plagg cleared his throat in a mimicking voice. "Ohh Adrienn! It'll be okay everything is finne! You and your girlfriend will get over this forbidden romance and make out in a closet soon after!" Plagg fluttered his eyes. He was expecting Adrien to deny all romance to Marinette and call her just a friend but he didn't, the kid stayed silent. "Hmph." Plagg said with curiosity.

Adrien shoved a pillow in his face. "Plagg she hates me!" He yelled into his pillow. Which was muffled and inaudible. Plagg rolled his eyes. "This is why I love camembert and only camembert. Because they can't give you big bruises and they can't enchant you with deep blue eyes and a lovely smile." Adrien snorted as Plagg caressed the cheese with his paw. "I refuse to believe you're describing a real kwami. And you know anything about love."

"Geez, kid don't be so harsh." Plagg laughed. His acid green eyes flickered to the blonde. "I've been married for a millennium. How about that?" Adrien choked. His jaw dropped. "You, sarcastic, rude, and greedy god of destruction have been MARRIED. For a millennium?!" Plagg just nodded. "Ladybug's kwami to be exact. Opposites attract said Wayzz. So, we got married at an Egyptian temple. LB's kwami created Ladybug's and Cats. And we had 4 kids afterward." Adrien was just so in shock. "So, she's like the total opposite of you...You have kids?! H-how- You know what. Goodnight Plagg." Adrien pursed his lips. Turning to his side and then letting out a string of curses as he laid on his bruise. Causing Plagg to cackle.

---

Alya came in late that day looking distressed. She observed at her classmates, they were still under Lila's manipulation and only she and Nino were aware. She noticed Lila and Adrien weren't there today. Alya stood in front of them all. Breathing in and out she prepared her voice "I have something to an-" Before she could tell them. Ms. Bustier came into class asking Alya to sit. She hesitated but went to her seat frustrated. "Hello, class." She smiled warmly at them waving. "Lila left us a message since she'll be away for a few weeks." Alya slowly seethed. Nino put his hand on her shoulder.

The video started with a cheerful Lila. Before she said she needed to confess. One by one. She started telling the truth about her lies. Undoing the strings, And releasing the truth.

"Starting on day one. I lied. It was really easy too. No, I didn't save Jagged Stones kitten. He's allergic to those things. I lied about having tinnitus so I could sit with Adrien, Jagged didn't write a song about me. And I'm not best friends with that insect ladybug. Matter fact. I hate her. She exposed me right in front of Adrien. Ruining my chances with him, but that wasn't going to stop me." She smirked at the camera. "I don't know Prince Ali either. Don't think he even knows I exist." She shrugged. "Nino, same thing with that famous DJ guy I told you about, hell I already forgot his name!" The entire classes jaw dropped. Some looked hurt. Some were angry.

"Before you ask. Well, you couldn't anyway. No, I'm not sorry. Honestly, you guys were so open to manipulation it was amusing, you filled yourself up with my lies so fast it was like watching someone drink down a cup filled with poison and enjoying it. Not only had you made my life easier. But Marinette became broken so fast. Killing 2 birds with one stone." Lila grinned. Making Alya burn inside. "You've guys known me for like four months. And some of you have known her since childhood." Lila smirked. They saw her true side. A slick and manipulative liar. "That girl couldn't bully me even if she wanted to. And once she did finally come to her breaking point. I Could get her cornered without a problem. You know when I got caught and she was crying I class? That was one of those moments." She winked at the camera. "Oh, Adrien knew by the way. He was the cause of my last akumatization. He tried to convert me into a goody two shoes." The girl moved. Crossing her legs and moving her hand to cup her cheek. Tapping her fingers on it.

"He also cut me off about a week ago. Because I had tried to win him over and that didn't work out for me quite well." Alya looked at the screen. She wasn't even sorry. The way she looked at the camera. She felt as if the whole thing was amusing. And it made her rage with anger. A fire starting within her.

"You know. You made Punisher. You made Marinette turn into an akuma. You glared at her. Abandoned her on the road and left me an opening. I want to thank you for making things easier for me." She kissed her fingertips and blew a kiss at the screen with a wink. "See you never!" And that was it. It was almost if a wave of guilt washed over the class. Ms. Bustier was shocked. And Alya considered Adrien lucky because the boy would be missing a few teeth if he was here.

Alya stood up in her seat. Looking at everyone. "We all should be ashamed. We're terrible friends." She looked at all of them. "We need to help Chat Noir as best as we can."

...

Adrien had eaten the soup Nathalie brought him up. Because he was hungry, and because he needed to keep up the act. Adrien sighed. Looking at Plagg. "Do you think you can do anything for me with this?" He said with hope. Plagg shook his head. "When transformed will probably ease it and it won't hurt as much. But that's all." Adrien groaned. "You still fought with broken ribs from miraculer. You can handle a bruise, can't you?"

Before Adrien could respond his phone started vibrating. He took it in his hand and looked at the contact.

'Nino.'

Adrien decided on whether to answer or not. But he did. Hesitant to even speak. "Hello?" He spoke. "Dude." Nino sounded a bit angry. It wasn't a good 'dude.' Adrien quirked a brow. "Yes?.." There was a little bit of shuffling on the other side. "Don't tell me you knew Lila was bullying Mari." Adrien's eyes widened. They knew. Lila was exposed. Everything must have been revealed.

Technically, he did. Chat Noir did at least. He felt bad for not confronting Lila as Adrien but there was nothing he could work with. He bit the inside of his cheek. "No, I didn't." Adrien sighed. "And yes, I did know Lila was lying. But before you yell or confront me. Apologize to Marinette first. And then we'll have this talk." And then he hung up.

Adrien didn't feel like being yelled at. He had to de-evilize Punisher before she did something dangerous. And he cared too much about her to let her do that. Adrien rubbed his chin. Then an idea came to him. He took off his shirt. Going to the bathroom and wrapping gauze around the bruise. Looking at himself proudly in the mirror. Plagg looked at him like he was in a clown outfit. "Why in my name do you have gauze?"

Adrien just smiled ignoring him. "Don't I look like a badass anime protagonist?" Plagg looked at him. "No." Adrien quickly deflated. "Well, it makes me feel better." Plagg just rolled his eyes. "Whatever floats your boat kid."

---

It had been about almost a week after Lila had sent the video. She had blocked everyone because she knew they would've spammed her with 'hurtful' messages.

Even as an akuma, Marinette was still helping them. She exposed her. Honestly, Lila didn't think the truth would ever come out. But she had been dethroned from her castle so it was time to move on to the next. That was probably the easiest class she's manipulated. If she was ever in Marinette's position. Which she'd never be, she would've left them. They were terrible especially if they'd drop her that quick. It was almost hilarious. But she jumped once her window shot open and the clack of heels was heard.

Punisher came through her window. Lila looked at her. She was scared but angry. "I did what you wanted! I sent the video! You can't hurt me!" She said immediately. But her words were limited. She learned, don't get sassy and don't raise your tone at this akuma.

Punisher looked at her unamused. "I said I'd hurt you if you didn't send the video. And you did. But I never said you were off the hook." Lila looked at her fearfully. "What else would you want from me?! I've been exposed! Perfect! You have all your stupid friends back! Adrien hates me so he's all yours!" Lila was desperate to be left alone. Most likely because she valued her life.

"Do you think I just wanted to expose you?" She cackled. "No. That's not enough, you will pay for every, single, thing, you did to me." Lila felt herself coming to tears. She just wanted this to be over. Punisher grabbed her wrist, gently for once. "You're coming with me."

Note about Lila's confession. She was willingly brutally honest. Because her life was on the line and she might as well. She was going to lose power either way. This might make you guys hate her more but like meh. Anyways sorry that it took longer than expected.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 6.6K 76
**1ST IN ADRIENETTE 2020 MIRACLE AWARDS** Lila's a lying little brat, but what if her manipulative tactics backfire on her when trying to get closer...
818K 26.7K 26
❝Even if there was no gravity left on earth I'd still fall for you.❞ Sometimes, failing at things can lead to something beautiful; just like when M...
483K 11.3K 60
During their Junior year in Highschool, Marinette was forced to go back to her roots. The country of China. Leaving her friends, and Adrien was hard...
3.6K 194 24
Everyone in Paris remembers the fateful night of January 16, when the city was attacked by the most powerful and destructive akuma ever created. The...