Walter Mitty's Window

By PrincexKai

Chuuya and Dazai are both her saviours, but what happens when both of them develop feelings for the young gir... More

Prologue
Chapter 2

Chapter 1

56 2 12
By PrincexKai

"Chuuya, I have a request."

Chuuya was never a very smart man, or loyal man, or patient man... to put it simply, Chuuya isn't a very good man.

His boss, however, made Chuuya appear a saint.

Chuuya just stared down Mori as he sat in his seat, mindlessly running his fingers through Elise's hair. Mori took this as a sign to continue.

"There's a girl... not much younger than you. She has a gift."

It wasn't unusual for one to be born with a gift, not to Chuuya, at least. Chuuya was one of the lucky ones, after all.

"And? We have plenty of gifted people here. Why send me to the middle of nowhere to search for some girl?" He sneered at his boss. He was impatient, not that he was exactly a very patient man in general.

"What if I told you she could make anything she wants just appear without giving or doing anything in return?" He smirked lightly at his subordinate, knowing he'd peaked his interest.

"Well why do we need her then?"

"Think of what we could do with her on our side, kid. Anything we want right at our fingertips!" Mori unknowingly clenched his fingers, pulling at Elise's hair and making her cry out. The girl got up, her face red, and started screaming at the tall man.

Chuuya stared at the two, a familiar frustration arising within him, having experienced this exact situation many times before.

"I'll do it, boss." He spoke calmly, interrupting Elise's rant and Mori's pathetic apologies.

Mori glanced over to the short man with a smile. "Perfect." He spoke as if Chuuya had much choice anyway.

Mori threw over a stack of paper and Chuuya read through the first page, noticing quickly just how difficult this job was going to be.

"Mori I'm going to need an entire army to get through this there's no way I can do this alone!" Chuuya was starting to get angry now, his boss's casual approach to this situation frustrating him.

"Oh don't worry, you won't be alone." Mori was starting to smile more now, clearly thinking about his devious arrangement.

Chuuya was about to protest until-

"Chuuya~!!!" A cheery voice yelled out from behind him and immediately anger thrummed through his veins.

The short man turned around to pounce on his taller companion but was stopped by Mori.

"The plane leaves in an hour boys, better get going~"

And with that they were sent out to get ready to save this random girl they don't know.

——————————————————————————

"Her name is (y/n) (l/n)... ooooh I wonder if she's pretty? Do you think she'll do a double suicide with me?!" Dazai's eyes were shining as he leaned in to Chuuya. The shorter man just glared at him before hitting him upside the head.

"I can do this alone so just stop pestering me already!" Chuuya yelled storming as far away from him as he could.

"But that's not what you said to Mori. You were all like 'I need an army I can't do this alone!!!!!'" Dazai's impression of Chuuya was just as offensive as it was funny... Chuuya didn't think the same however.

——————————————————————————

The plane took 4 whole hours to get to where they needed to be.

A secluded tower in the middle of the woods was the last thing they expected. Then again, they had barely any idea what to expect.

Due to the size of the defences, they had to try and go in unnoticed. Especially because, other than guards, it was rumoured there was a giant monster guarding her.

"Giant monster my ass, this isn't some goddamn fairy tail." Chuuya rolled his eyes as he read the file again, Dazai followed close behind him.

"Ooooooh maybe this monster can finally kill me! Oh, what a great way to die! Maybe it's a dragon... or a werewolf! Or is it-"

"SHUT UP!!" Chuuya yelled. He'd been with the man less than 24 hours and he was already constructing so many fantasies in his head where he kills the taller male.

Sadly, Chuuya's scream didn't go unnoticed and multiple guards were now headed their way.

There were only about 6 guards, none of them gifted. Needless to say, Dazai was sufficiently entertained while watching Chuuya deal with them all in under a minute.

"Chuuya you took so loooooooonnnnnggg!!!" Dazai whined as he started walking to the tower.

"Shut up you annoying prick!!! I didn't see you helping!!!" Chuuya yelled once again, bashing a random guards head against a tree as they approached the tower.

"On your left." Dazai spoke nonchalantly.

"On my what?" Chuuya asked confused before Dazai swiftly kicked a guy about to hit Chuuya from the side. "... I had him."

Dazai didn't comment and kept moving forward.

Shortly they were in front of the main entrance.

"Do they think they're being subtle? There's like 50 guards out here." Chuuya whispered, staring at the miniature army in front of them.

"Hmmmmm... maybe there's a back door." Dazai was tapping his chin in contemplation, an irk mark appearing on Chuuya's forehead at the ridiculous suggestion.

Just as the ginger man opened his mouth to yell, the tall brunette covered it with his hand. A finger was placed over his mocking smirk, telling the short man to be quiet.

"I have an idea." Dazai said with a smirk.

——————————————————————————

The two men stand there, wearing very ill-fitting uniforms stolen from the guards.

Chuuya had to roll up the sleeves and legs on his uniform due to his shorter stature, much to Dazai's amusement.

Shockingly, the plan worked. Dazai and Chuuya were able to simply saunter through the front door. However, finding the girl wasn't going to be easy...

...or maybe it was.

There was only one door to go through and the first thing they saw was a board with various light bulbs next to the names of several rooms. The bulb next to the sign saying 'art studio' was lit.

"Oooooh what does this do?" Dazai said as he pulled a lever. Immediately the metal shutters in front of them opened to reveal a girl.

She had (h/l), (h/c) hair and (s/c) skin. She sat on a small stool as she flicked a paintbrush along a canvas.

Dazai's eyes lit up once he saw the small girl, immediately fantasising about a double suicide with such a pretty creature.

Moments later she accidentally knocked over her pallet, all of her paint staining the floor. She sighed tiredly and got up, staring intently in front of her then she motioned her arms as if trying to open to very heavy double doors.

The men were silent as they watched the girl create and then open a literal tear in reality. The world inside of the tear was black and white, but it was definitely real.

She reached in and grabbed a wet towel before closing the tear, the process clearly taking a lot of effort.

"What the-" Chuuya wanted to say something intelligible, but honestly had no idea what to say or even how to say it.

The metal shutters closed and they were no longer watching the girl.

"We should get moving." Dazai spoke seriously.

The board now had a light next to the library.

As they moved down the hall and up several flights of stairs, they came across a door with no sign above it. Dazai gently opened the door and peeked through to see electrical wires scattered all over the place.

Opening the door further, a glass cage was revealed in the centre of the room. Dazai opened the cage and walked in, inspecting the chair in the middle.

It was equipped with restraints clearly meant to hold someone down against their will, and various devices laid scattered around the cage.

"What the hell are they doing to her here?" Chuuya spoke in disbelief. He'd never been a man of sympathy. He did what he needed to, to survive. But this...

"I don't know, but this isn't the library. We need to find her soon." Dazai spoke emotionlessly and moved to exit the way he came. Chuuya wanted to argue with him, but knew he was right and followed closely.

It wasn't long until they found the door marked 'Library' on the 20th floor. The door was heavy and hard to push open, but when they got through they were only met with a platform which lead to another door.

Chuuya walked ahead oh Dazai to the next door, but Dazai stayed behind and observed.

Before the short male could think or stop it the platform beneath him broke apart and he feel straight down into the library. He screamed all the way down before his instincts kicked in and he started floating before he hit the ground.

Glancing around he saw the girl from before slowly walk up to him with the book she was reading in her hand, a rather heavy one at that.

"Who are you?" She spoke sternly, holding up the book threateningly. She jumped as Dazai jumped down gracefully.

The tall brunette used his power on Chuuya, making the man fall to the ground from where he was floating. Needless to say, Chuuya wasn't very happy when he fell flat on his face. Just about to scream at his partner, he was interrupted by the girl.

"I'll say it again. Who are you and why are you here?!" She lifted the book up threateningly, this time staring at Dazai.

"Would you..." Dazai spoke lowly as he took a step towards the small girl, her taking a step back from the threatening man. She furrowed her brows as she moved further back, having no idea what he would say next.

His head bounced up and his eyes were sparkly as he smiled at her brightly, "like to take part in a double suicide with me?!".

She'd never heard anyone sound so joyful. Well, she'd hardly ever heard anyone speak in general to be perfectly honest.

Unaware of how to react she tried to bring the book down on his head, but Chuuya was quick to react as he grabbed the arm holding the book, his strength clearly far greater than hers.

"Now, princess. Don't go throwing around heavy books you can barely lift, you'll hurt yourself." His tone was very mocking and the girl clearly didn't appreciate it.

(Y/n) ripped her arm out of his grip and stared at him blankly.

"You're right. It's too heavy for me." She said, smiling sweetly.

"Good gir-" Chuuya began to praise her but was cut off as she let go of the massive book, letting it fall directly onto the toes of his left foot. Strings of curses left the short man's mouth as he grabbed his foot in agony.

Dazai, however, found the situation hilarious and was on the floor holding his stomach as raucous laughter left his body.

A familiar tune sang through the library, easily heard over the loud yelling of Chuuya and the boisterous laughter of Dazai. The tune sounded exactly like the kind of song an ice cream truck would play so all the local children would know it was nearby. This told you something far worse was coming, though.

Knowing the tune well, the girl immediately started panicking. "Oh god it's coming. Please tell me you know how to get out of here!" She was clearly desperate as she stared at the pair.

"Yeah we've got a key right he-" Dazai started but the girl ripped it out of his grasp and turned it over in fascination. The top of the key was white with a simple design. A bird on one side and a cage on the other.

A loud squawk shook the whole room, loud enough to almost burst the boy's eardrums. They didn't have time to question it as the girl screamed at them "we've got to go!!!" As she opened the door.

The door was too heavy for her, but Chuuya managed to run over, while ignoring the pain in his foot, and haul it open with great force.

The girl quickly sprinted through, the two men following closely behind. As soon as the door shut behind them a loud crash was heard throughout the building, followed by an ear piercing squawk.

The men wanted to question it, but the girl was already running as fast as she could through the hallways, before coming to a large piece of metal blocking the hallway.

"Shit, it must've been blocked off when he came down." She mumbled, lightly kicking the blockage in frustration.

"Who the fuck is 'he'?!" Chuuya shouted at the girl, clearly still annoyed at her for trying to break his toes.

As if on cue, the wall right next to them was ripped apart by giant claws - no, giant talons.

"Quick, this way!" The girl ran toward a large hatch-like door on the wall. She tried to turn the wheel to open it but it was stuck, so Dazai quickly did it for her and pushed it open.

Upon opening the door, he was met with a harsh breeze and a thick wind pushing him. "Quick, we need to go out, there might be another door leading in on the other side of the block!" Dazai said, the young girl quickly going out and Chuuya following behind before Dazai finally took the tail.

The path from the door only went one way: up. The group all had no choice but the head to the very top of the tower, which wasn't far off. Another loud squawk was motivation enough to start sprinting up the path.

However, the path only lead to the top with no clear way down from there. The girl reached the top first and a gigantic black raven landed directly in front of her, knocking her back from the sheer force of it landing. A loud squawk was sounded right in front of her face as the two men finally caught up with her.

Before all three of them, the bird morphed to a tall man, about 6 foot tall with black hair.

"Leave her and I won't kill you." The man said as he stared down (y/n)'s rescuers. His voice was emotionless but he was smirking, showing off his razor sharp teeth.

Chuuya cracked his knuckles and smirked back at the man, ready to fight him. Just as Chuuya was about to pounce, a large tear opened, revealing a train with infinite carriages travelling by, blocking off the man.

"Don't fight him, we need to go!" (Y/n) screamed, running back towards the path. Suddenly the whole building started to rumble and shake, clearly collapsing after the damage the massive bird-like creature inflicted before.

As the building started to collapse Dazai ran over and grabbed ahold of (y/n), knocking them both over the edge. "CHUUYA!" He screamed as he fell down.

Convinced she was going to die, (y/n) buried her face in Dazai's chest, mumbling incoherent prayers to whoever was listening.

Then, suddenly, the wind was no longer rushing past her ears. She could feel two pairs of arms around her and she lifted her head up slowly and cautiously. She was being held in place by both Chuuya and Dazai as they floated just above ground, a faint red glow surrounding the trio.

She started laughing manically as she stared back at the building which was formerly her prison, the sweet taste of freedom now resting gently on her lips.

"Hey Chuuya, you really stink." Dazai said, sticking out his tongue. Not long after, a thud was heard as Dazai hit the ground, only falling a few feet but still enough to leave a bruise.

Chuuya slowly let himself and (y/n) onto the ground and he glared at Dazai, walking over to him and moving to kick his stomach. Dazai caught his foot before it made contact, though, sticking his tongue out.

(Y/n) laughed at the scene before her, tears of joy pricking at her eyes as she gave Dazai her hand to help him get up.

The moment was cut off way too quickly, as they always are, as another squawk, so loud it made the earth rumble, tore through the atmosphere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 38.3K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
617K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
333K 10.1K 110
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.1M 20.2K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...