𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐎𝐔𝐒 [chronicle...

נכתב על ידי -WINEAUNT

𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐎𝐔𝐒 ━━━━━━━ Narnias people needed saviours, and instead they got a ragtag group of siblings... עוד

EPIGRAPH
SYNOPSIS
ACT ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
Epilogue
RETURNING HOME FROM NARNIA [oneshot]
ACT TWO
SYNOPSIS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
Epilogue
ACT THREE
SYNOPSIS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
read

10

3.2K 146 83
נכתב על ידי -WINEAUNT

ELIZA HAD MANAGED to get ahold of a new outfit. She was offered a long navy dress, but refused with the claim that fighting would be easier in pants- and who was to disagree with the future queen of Narnia? The girl now adorned the typical 'Male outfit' consisting of a blue tunic with a long sleeved brown top underneath, and a pair of simple tan pants tucked into appropriate boots. The girls sword was hanging from her hip, as she stood talking to Oreius.

"How difficult is it?" Eliza asked, look up at the great centaur who tilted his head at her.

"How difficult is what, your Majesty?" The centaur replied, a look of slight confusion across his face. Eliza scrunched her eyebrows together and looked down trying to find an appropriate way to word the next thing she was going to say.

"First off, please don't call me that. I've done nothing to help Narnia so far." Eliza began, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "Secondly, how difficult is it to see Narnia being ruled by the witch?".

The centaur sighed and bowed his head, "It is hard. These people are my family, we have lost many men to the witch, and I don't want to lose anymore." Oreius answered truthfully, "And if you don't mind me saying it, upon your entering to Narnia you've already done so much to help us. You might not see it but you have- all of you have."

Eliza nodded silently, as a shadow was cast over her. Oreius' eyes met the shadow's and the centaur instantly kneeled. The girl turned slowly to face the majestic lion who stood in front of her and followed the centaurs lead, dropping to her knee.

"Rise, my dear one." Aslan said, as Eliza rose quickly to her feet, "Follow me." Eliza nodded and waved a small goodbye to Oreius, as Aslan began walking up to the highest point in The Valley, where she'd seen him talk to Peter previously. The girl followed alongside him, her heart was pounding but she felt a sense of tranquility wash over her. They soon reached the flat hilltop, and walked towards the edge, so the two were overlooking the entire camp.

"Cair Paravel..." Eliza whispered softly, looking beyond the hills at the beauty standing between mountains. The girl was filled in on the majority of what she needed to know about Narnia from the centaur, including its origins and how the white witch had taken Narnia for herself. The lion nodded, his gaze falling upon the castle in the distance.

"The castle of five thrones, one in which you will sit upon." Aslan stated, making the girl look down uncomfortably, "Do you doubt the prophecy, Eliza?".

The girl took a deep breath in, "I was never the girl to believe in fairytales growing up. I was raised being allowed to act like 'one of the boys', but would often be scolded for it." Eliza answered, "Now, being here, learning that I'd be a Queen to sit upon a throne, have to wear ornate dresses, act proper and set an example for the people of Narnia- I just don't think I'm ready for it."

"I understand child," Aslan began, "You are scared. Scared of change, scared of losing your brother, scared of sacrificing your old life. I understand, but- no one will force you to adorn an ornate dress or to 'set an example'. You have Susan and Peter to do that. Maybe they need someone to look up to in the midst of a battle. Maybe they need a Knight, someone who isn't in full command but someone who will lead them, even if that's usually the High kings job."

The girl was silent trying to process what the lion had said, "What a-are you saying-?" Eliza stammered, her nerves rising.

"Eliza Pevensie, Daughter of Eve, you will be our Knight of Narnia, A great leader of the Order of The Lion. You are young and in dire need of training but I believe one day, you will do Narnia justice." Aslan nodded, making the girls mouth open slightly in shock.

Eliza gulped, "Aslan... how do you know I'm ready when I don't even think I am." She sighed, "It's a lot to take on."

"My child, Narnia needs you and your siblings in order to reach its destiny." Aslan continued, "Do you know what's inscribed into the metal of your sword?". Elizas hand gripped the hilt and she drew her sword out slowly.

"I don't speak Narnian-" Eliza began, only to be cut off by a deep chuckle from the lion.

"It's Latin, Young one." Aslan smiled encouragingly, "Audentis Fortuna Iuvat, Aut Viam, Iveniam Aut Facium." Eliza scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"Do you know what it means?" The lion questioned making the girl shake her head, "Fortune Favours the Brave, I will either find a way or make one." Eliza studied the sword, her fingers once again tracing the silver lettering.

"That's- incredible." Eliza stammered in bafflement, as the lion turned to her.

"Eliza, place the sword in front of you." Aslan suddenly instructed, as the girl obliged, "Now, Kneel."

Eliza knelt down on a singular knee, her head bowed as Aslan looks down to her. The lion placed a heavy paw on her shoulder, making her a unsteady for a few seconds before she regained her balance. "Queen Eliza, Second Daughter of Eve, I grant upon you the Knight of the Noble Order of the Lion. Rise, Dame Eliza, bringer of peace and protecter of the people." The lion roared loudly, as he lifted his paw, signifying that the girl had officially been knighted.

A few cheers from below rang through The Valley as the girl stood. She hadn't realised that there were onlookers watching the ordeal from below. The people on the ground all let's out yells of joy at their newest knight.

"Thank you, Aslan." She nodded in gratitude, her face plastered with a grin, the smile soon turning to a straight line as her nerves once again spiked... surely this wasn't happening, she was still a kid, a kid who was barely reaching eleven years old.

"You are braver than you think, Eliza." Aslan stated, The girls eyes widened upon hearing. First Father Christmas, now Aslan? Surely she couldn't be that brave.

The girl opened her mouth to reply but the sound of a horn echoed through The Valley, "Is that-?" She began

"Susan's horn." Aslan interrupted gravely, "Let's go." The girl nodded and sprinted down the hill following her brother who was sprinting ahead of them, crying out for their sisters. Eliza finally arrived at the scene, while Aslan and a small group of soldiers appeared. Aslan pinned the second wolf to the ground as Eliza drew her sword ready to help Peter.

"No! Stay your weapons." Aslan commanded, "This is Peter's battle." The girl sheathed her weapon and locked eyes with Lucy, giving the smaller girl a reassuring nod.

"You may think you're a king, but you're going to die... ...like a dog!" Maugrim snarled, as he leaped towards Peter.

"Look out!" Susan cried as Peter and Maugrim both fall to the ground. "Peter!" The two sisters  in the tree exclaimed.

Eliza glanced at Aslan who nodded, she instantly rushed towards her older brother, as Susan and Lucy jumped to the ground. They pushed the wolf away to reveal a shaken up Peter whom they all encased in a hug. Aslan released the other wolf he'd pinned down, and watched as it ran away.

"After him. He'll lead you to Edmund." Aslan said to Oreius who nodded leading his troops after the other wolf. Eliza perked up at the sound of her twins name, her hand clenching around the hilt of her sword. They would find her brother- they had to.

ELIZA STOOD AMONG a few fauns laughing at their stories and listening to them as they recalled the tales. The girl didn't notice Aslan and returned Edmund talking on a rock overlooking camp in deep conversation, she only realised it when her little sister called out for him. Eliza's head whipped to where Lucy pointed and sure enough there was her brother, looking down at Lucy, his eyes then scanning the crowds.

The boy and Aslan soon finished their conversation and walked down towards the onlookers. "What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." The lion spoke up, as he walked away.

"Hello." Edmund mumbled, looking down in shame, Lucy quickly hugged him and Susan does too. A sense of relief washed over the boy but his eyes still scanned their surroundings looking for one more person. Suddenly his eyes landed on that one person, who was running towards him full speed.

Eliza tackled the boy in a hug making her twin stumble back, as he chuckled lightly. "Hey Liza," He said weakly, as the rest of their siblings watched the two interact. The girls arms tightened around his neck as she buried her head into his shoulder.

"You are such an idiot." Eliza muttered, as he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I know..." Edmund sighed lowly, clutching the girl tightly as if in fear she may disappear, "I'm sorry" he choked out quietly, Eliza pulled away slowly, looking him directly in the eyes.

"I know," she replied softly, smiling at the fact her brother had returned and was safe at last, "Are you all right?"

"Just a little tired" Edmund admitted, scratching his head, as Peter stepped forward.

"Get some sleep." Peter advised, as Eliza took the boys hand to lead him to his tent, "-And Edmund...try not to wander off." Edmund smiled lightly and was dragged off by his sister.

THE FIVE CHILDREN sat around a low table eating breakfast. Edmund had changed out of his old clothes and had dressed in a tunic similar to Peter and Eliza's. He munched hungrily on his toast with honey as Eliza chuckled at how fast he was eating it.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." The girl remarked, earning an eye roll from her twin.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." Peter sighed, as everyone turned to him.

"We're going home?" Susan questioned, her brows scrunched in confusion.

"You are. I promised Mum I'd keep you four safe." Peter nodded avoiding everyone's gaze, "But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

"But they need us. All five of us." Eliza argued, her eyes darting straight to Peter.

"Eliza, it's too dangerous." Peter snapped, "Lucy almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!".

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund spoke up, all eyes cast on him now. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." Eliza encouragingly grabbing Edmunds hand who squeezed it in response.

"Well, I suppose that's it then." Susan shrugged as she abruptly stood up.

"Where are you going?" Peter questioned, as the older girl picked up her bow and quiver.

"To get in some practice." The older girl smirked, before walking off into the crowds.

ELIZA SAT A TOP a horse as she sparred with one of the centaurs. She swung her sword at the centaur, who ducked and aimed for her chest. The girl leaned all the way back on her horse as the sword narrowly missed her face, she quickly recovered and lifted her sword as the centaur lifted his and a loud clatter of metal sounded as the two swords hit. Eliza struggled to push pressure down on the centaur but he prevailed and threw her off her horse, leaving her disarmed and winded.

"Awfully sorry, your majesty." The centaur apologised, offering the young girl a hand up. The girl merely laughed, standing up slowly, still trying to regain her breath.

"Don't apologise," the girl started, "If I am to fight on the battlefield- I refuse to be babied, Veermor."

"Understood" Veermor chuckled, as the girl picked up her sword from the floor, and calmed her horse. Her eyes drifted to her brothers who were sparring each other, then to Lucy and Susan who were at the targets and finally to the distressed beaver running towards them.

"Peter! Edmund!" Mr Beaver cried, running towards her brothers. Eliza politely dismissed herself as she wandered towards the commotion.

"Whoa, horsey!" Edmund exclaimed, as his horse reared.

"My name is Philip." The horse grunted, steadying himself.

"Oh - uh...Sorry." Edmund stammered, as Eliza joined them, rubbing Philips muzzle to calm him, earning a soft whinny from the creature.

"What's wrong?" The girl asked curiously, tilting her head,

Mr. Beaver looked panicked, "The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan." He yelled, "She's on her way here."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1M 27K 39
" He set fire to the world around him but he never let a flame touch her. " Jasmine is the daughter of The Great Lion Aslan, sent to the hum...
110K 4.5K 22
James Pevensie loved fiction, so when his youngest sibling claimed to have found a new world, it was no surprise that he was taken to it. Only when i...
668K 19.8K 85
"𝑌𝑂𝑈 𝑊𝐸𝑅𝐸𝑁'𝑇 𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑁," 𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑑, "𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐼𝑅𝑅𝐼𝑇𝐴𝐵𝐿𝐸." ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥ℎ𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑝𝑙𝑦, 𝑙𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔. "𝐵𝑈𝑇 𝐴𝑆 𝐹�...
491K 14.8K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...