The Taking

By LoveScripter

Every half century in a small little town hidden in the woods, a beast comes out from the forest to claim his... More

The Taking
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-32
Chapter 33-34
Chapter 35
- Afterwards -
Sneak Peak: Book 2

Chapter 18

796K 28.3K 8K
By LoveScripter

[Celeste]

What the hell did Charlotte just say?

That is Trent!?

With my butt firmly planted on the ground, the wolf-who is apparently my brother-grazed his claws into Greyson's arms. Blood dripped from the cut wounds, but Greyson clenched teeth and gripped the base of Trent's throat. Trent thrashed back and forth willing to free from Greyson's grasp.

"No one harms what's mine." Greyson snarled. "I'm going to destroy you before you try."

He was going to kill him! "Stop!" Charlotte and I screamed in unison.

Noticing only me, Greyson looked straight into my eyes and as if understanding my feelings, he released Trent's throat and dropped his hand to his side.

I would have been relieved after that but instead I was once again breathless when Trent took Greyson's surrender as a chance to attack. I watched helpless as Trent's claws scratched across Greyson's chest. Within seconds, Greyson was lying on the ground, bleeding profusely and clutching his chest.

"No!" I shrieked.

"Wait Celeste!" Charlotte shadowed behind as I ran towards Greyson.

Trent's wolf looked up, ears perked, body straight and his tail wagged when he saw that it was I coming his way. My brother, a werewolf-I think I've just about seen it all. Trent expected me to great him with a warm hug, but when I crouched down to his level, my focus was on Greyson. He gave a whistled whimper before growling his disbelief. I didn't have to communicate with him to know that he felt betrayed over me choosing Greyson over himself.

The feelings I felt over Greyson's well being confused me. A need to know whether he was alright consumed me and I don't know where these emotions came from.

Trent wasn't the one hurt; Greyson was.

The sight of Blood covering Greyson's entire chest horrified me. My fingers shook and i had to clasped them together to stop the trembling. I didn't know how to help him without hurting him. His eyes squeezed together and a hiss escaped his lips. As prideful as he was, he did not utter a single word. Anyone with the agony of pain he felt would have either been pale as a sheet, or crying like a neglected baby. But Greyson kept calm and maintained an even breath.

I kneeled next to him and clutched his shoulder, he flinched and I recoiled my hand away.

Oh god, he got hurt because of me.

"I'm sorry, Greyson. It's my fault." Sweat beaded his forehead and his body was hot to the touch beneath his tux.

"Greyson!" Bennett appeared with four men behind him, Leo being one of them. "Someone, get that mutt locked up. I'll deal with him later!"

Two men tackled Trent to the ground and one man held out a stun gun. Immediately I stopped him from using it on my brother.

"Wait, no! He's my brother!"

"Your brother?!" Bennett's eyes widen.

"Alpha Grey," Leo saw his friend in a state of pain and quickly went into action. "I want a doctor this instant."

"He's right here." Robert ushered an elderly man across the throng of people gathering into the front yard.

"Oh dear!" Laura gasped. "Is my son going to be alright Dr. O'Dell?"

The doctor sat next to me examining Greyson with the careful precision. "He's already healing, thanks to his wolf, but the puncture wounds are a little deep. It might take a few days for him to heal. He should concern himself over the scaring afterwards, they will be faint and eventually overtime they will fade."

"That mutt is your brother?" Bennett was still perplexed about this.

"We're shocked as you are. We didn't know our brother is a werewolf until just now."I told him.

"Robert, I want you to do a background check on their grandmother. Find out who their father is too." Our dad? What does dad have to do with this?

The two men who held Trent down were struggling to keep him calm. The more they restrained Trent, the more Trent attempted to strike at them. Even as a wolf, he is persistent and hot-tempered.

"Please don't hurt him," Charlotte pleaded.

"We need to get him under control." Bennett muttered.

"What are you planning to do to him?" My sister wrapped her arm around me trembling at Bennett's intimidating appearance. He ignored her and ordered the men to send Trent to the dungeon. "The dungeon!?" Charlotte looked like she was about to have a heart attack.

She hasn't been there, so she doesn't know it's nothing as bad as it sounds.

Trent was forced into the house with a few more men to help carry him away. They had no choice but to restrain him with a muzzle around his jaws. I wanted to go with them and make sure no harm was done on him, but at the same time I felt like I wasn't liable to leave Greyson, or my sister.

"Don't worry. They won't harm Trent unless they want to make me angry. We can check on him later. " I assured Charlotte.

She looked at me strangely wondering why my opinion would matter to these strangers. Then her eyes watered. "Celeste..." her lower lip trembled and that's when the rain shower began. "I can't believe it's you!" She threw her arms around me and cried her heart out burring her head into my shoulder. "I thought they killed you, or worse! I'm sorry for thinking the worst."

She peeked over my shoulder and looked at the crowed of spectators. Her reaction was normal to anyone seeing almost a hundred pair of eyes staring back with glowing eyes.

Charlotte screamed and backed away. "What the hell are these people?"

I groaned because obviously this was getting really old.

"Is this Vincent's mate?" Laura smiled wickedly which further frightened my sister.

"Mom, giver her some space." Lexie pulled her mom back and offered my sister a hand. "Don't worry, I'm not anything like these freaks. My name's Lexie, your brother just tried killing my brother."

Can she be just a tad bit less comical considering the situation? The half smile on her face tells me she is amused by the whole situation. Her brother is bleeding and she's smiling!

Debbie made her way towards Charlotte with a huge smile on her face. It was so bright; I was almost blinded by her zest.

"Charlotte, I'm so unbelievably happy that you are Vincent's mate! That makes me and Tracey mother-in-laws!" She squealed in excitement.

Charlotte's face twisted in dismay. "I want nothing to due with that jerk."

Debbie looked like someone kicked her puppy. Actually scratch that, Vincent did get his but kicked just little over a few minutes ago.

Greyson stirred and rolled himself up to all fours. "Something always happens." He grumbled.

"What are you saying?" Laura hovered impatiently over him.

"Every time...we are always disrupted." He successfully got on his feet without help. The bleeding looked like it stopped. How was he able to recover so quickly? "You were supposed to be introduced to the pack tonight. And again we are disrupted."

I was secretly relieved.

"We can easily remedy that." Leo exclaimed. He turned to the crowd and blew out a loud whistle. "Yo, listen up folks. This is your future Alpha female. Respect her as you respect our current Alpha couple and our future Alpha Greyson. Any questions?"

First it was an awkward clap, then a ripple of applause. Cheers arose from the crowd and they started chanting "Alpha".

"This is not how I pictured it." Greyson shook his head. "We can't dance with you looking like this." He gestured to the blood on my dress. "I wanted tonight to be perfect so that you would feel welcomed into the pack." He stumbled a little and instantly I stood next to him allowing him to lean into my side so he could use me as support.

Why was this so important to him? I just don't understand him and his customs. The object I hid in my pack pocket earlier is now tied to my thigh. suddenly I felt like it was burning through my skin. I wondered how I thought of using it in the first place. Guilt washed throw me and I felt like a fool.

"I'm sorry." I said under my breath.

He winced after adjusting his arm around my shoulders. "Don't apologize. It isn't your fault."

"But if it weren't for me, you wouldn't have been..."

"Don't. If you hadn't stopped me, it would have been your brother injured and it would have been harder for him to heal right away. I'm guessing it's his first shift, so his body is still getting used to the transformation. If I had inflicted damaging wounds it would have physically damaged his human form."

"Celeste." Charlotte looked from me to Greyson with curiosity. She must be wondering why I was casually interacting with Greyson...my kidnapper.

I decided to introduce them--just because. "Charlotte, this is Greyson. Greyson, this is my sister Charlotte."

Greyson nodded with a grunt. "I would greet you, but as you can see I'm kind of covered in blood."

Charlotte flinched. She also turned white as a ghost. "I can see that." Now she looked blue.

"Ah." I was going to tell her to sit down, but before we knew it, her pupils circled and she swayed on her feet.

"I got her." Vincent appeared out of the blue. He looked disheveled; a couple bruises and cuts marred his face. Someone must have handed him some clothes. He wore a dress shirt and a pair of jeans. When he caught her from behind, Charlotte pivoted and slapped his touch away.

"Don't touch me!" Charlotte shrieked. "I hate you!"

She sounded like a brave Amazonian woman, but in actuality she was shaking like a tall tree. My skittish little sister couldn't hold on for so long.

Greyson smirked. "I totally see the resemblance."

"I told you." Leo shook his head. "Now we have two of them."

What are these to mumbling about?

"Aren't you supposed to be getting treated or something?" I looked at the blood crusting on Greyson's clothes.

"I'll be fine." He said stubbornly.

"Your brother is a werewolf." Again Bennett asked.

"Gee, I don't know." I said sarcastically.

Bennett growled. "Don't be sassy with me young lady!" He sounded like he was my father, but my dad never yelled at me. I was too young and innocent when dad died, so I never experienced his scolding.

"Dad, stop it! I feel like your talking to me. It's so weird." Lexie covered her ears.

"I told you already, we had no clue Trent is a werewolf!" I told Bennett again.

He wouldn't accept it. "I'm positive your grandmother doesn't have a recessive gene and her father wasn't a werewolf. It could be possible that her mother..." He dazed off, lost in his thoughts.

"Is this party over, or what?" Leo blurted. "The window's busted and Alpha Grey is banged up, but I'm sure we can still party!"

"Is partying the only thing in your mind? And I told you one, too many times. It's Alpha Greyson, not Grey!" Greyson glared at his friend.

"Dude, it's my off day. You haven't let me had a day of sense two weeks from now. I'm burned out and I'd like to have fun tonight." Leo asked for a glass and someone handed it to him. "Bottoms up!" He chugged the glass.

"Don't drink too much, I need you sober early tomorrow morning." Greyson rolled his eyes.

"Ay-ay captain!" Leo mocked saluted.

"I already think he's drunk," Robert blew a tired breath and looked hopelessly as his eldest son asked for another glass.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Vincent trying to voice reason with Charlotte. "It was an accident. I told you before I wasn't trying to hurt you. It just happened." He furiously scratched his head. "I was trying to stay away from you, but you followed me into the woods and my wolf took over. I wasn't in control when I bit you."

"So you're saying it's my fault?"

Vincent should learn right now, you could never tell Charlotte she's wrong, or she will give you hell.

Leo crossed his arms and sighed. "I'm so glad I don't have my mate yet."

"Mark my words, Leonardo. Your turn will come." Greyson punched him on the shoulder.

Laura clapped her hands. "We can't let this party go to waste. Greyson, Celeste, you two can retire for the night. I don't think Greyson should be walking around-

"Mom, I'm fine."

Laura shook her head. "You are going to get that treated, then you are heading to bed. Both of you!" She looked at me. "Take care of him."

I didn't argue. "Okay."

"But Celeste..." Charlotte pleaded with her eyes. She wanted to talk to me alone. I am very familiar with the look she was giving me.

"I'll talk to you after I see to Greyson's wound."

Her lips pressed together holding back a protest. There were too many unfamiliar people around her and after what happened earlier, I don't think she wanted to get anyone angry.

"Okay. Can I come with you?"

Behind her Vincent mopped in defeat. He wasn't taking her cold shoulder attitude very well.

"Um." On instinct, I asked Greyson for permission. "Can she?"

"I don't see why not." He shrugged.

We excused ourselves from the party and everyone continued their festivities. Bennett and Laura entertained the crowd by introducing the pack to the two new wolves. Vincent skipped introductions and busied himself with Leo's shenanigans. I saw him frowning as Charlotte followed Greyson and me upstairs.

I felt sorry for him. Maybe later I can talk to Charlotte to lighten up a bit.

"This place is a lot bigger than Gran's." Charlotte awed at everything her eyes landed on. "This place is like a castle fit for a king!"

"That's what I thought the first time I came here."

Because of Greyson's wounds, we had to walk slowly to accommodate his pace. He refused any help from father or anyone who offered their assistance.

"Celeste can help me," He said.

He must be overestimating my strength; I can't carry all his weight alone. He didn't even ask for Charlotte to help and my sister was not keen on helping him either.

"I don't know what's going on in your head, seeing your sister after so long-

"you kidnap her, because I can't imagine Celeste willingly leave the night with a stranger!" Charlotte interjected.

"I stole her. It's an unlawful act but I had to take her."

"You can't take a person against her will!"

This conversation sounds too familiar.

Greyson's skin warmed more and sweat tricked down his forehead. My dress was no longer the pure white I so admired earlier today. Blood stains smeared the front. wearing the dress made it difficult to maneuver with Greyson leaning on my side.

"Charlotte, can you please open that door?" I pointed to Greyson's bedroom.

She did as told, but glared when she saw the contents of the room and realized who's room it had to belonged to.

"Why are you taking care of him?" Charlotte spat, then moved close to my ear as possible to whisper, "This is our chance Celeste, while he is helpless, we can take Trent and leave!" If you only knew how hard it is to walk out of this place without being seen.

A growl vibrated through Greyson's throat. "I won't allow that. If you want to leave so much, take your brother and go! Celeste is staying here with me."

I stood between them so to block each other's view. I didn't want to hear another argument.

"Even if we tried, though I'm not saying we should, we would get lost in that stupid maze. Isn't that right Greyson?"

"Yes." He glared at Charlotte.

"Lay down." I told him. He rolled on top of his bed and winced when a section of his fresh cut touched the fabric of the sheets. "We should probably call Dr. O'Dell to bandage you up."

He grabbed my hand before I could leave the room. "No. You can do it. It's a simple procedure."

"I can't bandage you up! I'm not a nurse or a doctor. What if I hurt you more?" Charlotte remained an awkward bystander. She blended well with the wall and watched us interacting. She was taking in every bit of the conversation and analyzing.

"You won't hurt me. I trust you. Go to my closet, you will find a first aid kit in there."

Frustratingly, I marched into his closet and searched through his things. Dwelling in this house for two weeks, I've learned the ins and outs of every nook and cranny. If there were a scavenger hunt, I would win first place.

"Found it." I took it from one of the shelves and quickly returned to Greyson's side. "What do I do?"

"Take my shirt off."

"Huh?"

I looked between my sister and Greyson. Charlotte's brow curved, waiting for my choice of action. Was I really going to take his shirt off in front of my sister?

"What's wrong?" Greyson obviously didn't understand how awkward this situation was.

My face felt flush. "Can't we have your dad or Leo help you?"

"I don't need them. You're here. You can do it...unless you'd rather have your sister do it."

Charlotte grimaced. "Hell no. I'm not helping you! And I can't even stand seeing the sight of blood. Why do you think I stood all the way over here?"

"Then why did you stay?" He sounded annoyed.

"I wasn't going to leave Celeste here alone with you!"

A grin played on Greyson's lips. "What do you think I'd do to her in my room?"

If he weren't hurt, I would have smothered him with a pillow again. "Why don't you be a good patient and sit quiet."

"Oh?" Arrogance rippled from him in tidal waves. "Are we role playing now? It's been a while since we've done that..." He peered at Charlotte's direction and lazily traced his hand across my arm.

Charlotte gasped.

Moron, what the hell does he think he's doing?

"Shut up already! You're corrupting my sister with your sick twisted mind." I ripped open the coat jacket he wore and Greyson growled like a tortured animal. Charlotte didn't even try to hold back her scream. She rushed to my side and pulled me back as if Greyson was a danger hazard.

"Oh my god, he's going to kill us!" She cried.

"Shit, Celeste. That freaking hurt! Did you have to take it off that fast?" Greyson swore under his breath.

The wound bleed again and I felt really guilty. "Sorry..."

I took a step forward and Charlotte yanked me back. "We have to leave. We have to get out of here! Mom is going to have a heart attack if she wakes up the next day and all her kids are gone!"

Mom...

"She's right. Mom is literally going to die if she realizes she lost all her kids! Greyson, I can't let mom suffer more than she has already!"

"I'll talk to my dad about it..." He said it flatly I didn't think he meant it seriously.

"Charlotte you are allowed to go home. Vincent can escort you back."

"NO. I won't leave without you or Trent."

"Your brother stays here." Greyson butted in. "He is newly shifted and he is not in full control of his wolf. Releasing him puts everyone around him in danger."

"So you're kidnapping my brother too!" Charlotte looked ready to strangle him.

"Only for two weeks, but I can't have him be a wolf without a pack. Once a boy shifts, they are a werewolf forever. If he leaves and never becomes part of a pack, he will be considered a rogue. I don't know how other packs work but in mine, rogues are killed."

"You're not going to kill our brother!"

Greyson touched the back of my hand. "I wasn't even thinking it."

"What are we going to go Celeste? I can't go home and tell mom Trent is missing too."

"Then bring her here." The door opened and Bennett walked in. "I would like to speak with her." He had a book in his hand and he opened it were the bookmark was saved. "Take a look."

The markings on the book was hand written in elegant script. There was a long list of names and numbers.

"What is this?" I asked him.

"This is a record book of all the families that live in town. Werewolves and humans are both written on here. This is how we trace lineages. This page marks your family history. Your great great grandfather is human and he moved here two centuries ago. He bought the land your grandmother owns. He married a human and had a son. Then that son married had a daughter with a human as well...your grandmother. So that leaves your grandfather and your father.

"The records show your grandmother had one child out of wedlock. And your mother left town after high school. I want to get to the bottom of this and find out how the werewolf gene is in your veins...unless your brother has a different father--

His assumption pissed me off. I stopped him before he could finish that last sentence. "No offense to you Alpha, but you need to be considerate of the things you say. Just because your the boss doesn't mean your words are justifiable."

Bennett snorted. "You sure have backbone to talk to me that way."

"Touché."

"I want your grandmother and your mom here tomorrow morning. I'll have Leo and his team personally escort them. I've already planned a set up to make it look like a covert search part to find your body."

"What?!" Charlotte voiced my thoughts exactly.

"You're going to pretend to kill me off?" He can't be serious.

"I'm killing two birds with one stone. The humans in town have to think you died and the police search party is an excuse for your grandmother and mother to be gone half the day without question"

He sure has this all planned out.

NOTE: Dec 24, 2016

HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU FREAKISHLY AMAZING PEOPLE!!! I'M BACK!!! I've graduated and I'm ready to write again after a year of constant chaos. I have edited this book again so you will find some changes to the style of writing. This book has been closed off from the public but I have made it visible once more. SO YOU BETTER BE GRATEFUL, you marshmallows! Let's make one thing clear though IF YOU COPY MY BOOK...I WILL FIND YOU.

BE WARNED. xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418 52 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...
12.3K 675 19
After being forced into following her mother's footsteps and mate the alpha because her parent's were brutally murdered, Jennifer finds a way to rega...
2.8M 91.3K 20
Gabby's brain is like a human fish finder. It comes in handy when she wants to avoid people. Mostly men. They seem to like her a bit too much. It's l...
2.2K 251 59
He finally found the one. The one that he had given up on finding at such an early age, he finally found the person who could complete him. Now he ju...