The Taking

Note: Dec 14, 2021

Can't believe I wrote this book seven years ago. Gawd, I feel so old! Though I feel like nothing much has changed. For example: (1) I'm still in school; (2) my grammar still sucks; (3) and I'm still using creativity as an outlet for stress management. My writers block has magnified exponentially, as some of you may have observed. Thank you all for your patience and support. I'm super grateful to all of you who are still reading my work and periodically checking in on my wellbing. I started writing back in high school when life was just way too confusing and I was struggling with figuring out the complexities of becoming a grown-a$$ adult that my parents would approve of. Through Wattpad, I found a community from writing novels online and a safe space to express my creativity. Despite some road bumps online (plagiarism and unpleasant individuals), the Watty experience was a meaningful and served as my stepping stone to learning how to connect with others.

In the past 7 years, I've experienced challenges and forced myself out of my comfort zone. I learned how to expand my voice and be a positive impact on others. Either through leadership, my career in healthcare, or through my creative works. There were times were I felt stuck and nothing would happen--it was like living each day the same as the next. I often compared myself with others and felt not enough. But I've learned that when that happens, it's up to me to make the initiative and place myself in a better space (physically and mentally). Bad days always happen, but how you react makes a difference.

If I were to give advise to myself 7 years ago, I would tell myself:

"Life doesn't pause. You get stuck in a moment, but moments are not a lifetime. You will get too where you want as long as you stay resilient. AND YOU ARE RESILIENT."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

July 7, 2014: note from the first day published.

Hi readers!

I hope you will learn to love this story because I am quite enthusiastic about this one. What inspired me? Well...I had a brain fart the morning of July 7 after eating cereal and started writing. This is to cover up the major writer's block that's clotting my creative brain from working on my other books: His Dominion and When It Rains. "

Read on :)

OXOX,

LOVESCRIPTER <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Every half century in a small little town hidden in the woods, a beast comes out from the forest to claim his bride on the night of an eclipse. The people of call this phenomenon "the taking". This beast is said to be very dangerous. It roams door to door searching for the woman whose being calls to his animal instincts. He will kill, mutilate and destroy everything in his path until he finds his bride. In the past, the townsmen have tried to hunt the creature and kill him before they can steal one of their marriageable daughters, but the beast does not hunt alone. He has followers among the shadows to make sure his goal is accomplished. Once he finds his bride, he carries her back to the forest where she is never seen or heard from again.

"The End."

"That's the stupidest story I've ever heard."

Trent, my one and only annoying little brother grumbles form his seat at the front passenger side of our airport rented van. For the last 48 hours, he's been making his boredom apparent to everyone that crosses his path. Sadly his iPad was out of coverage range, so nothing at this point could keep his obnoxious self sedated.