The Keeper's Tale {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

They witnessed her destruction, They were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars... More

Character List
T e a s e r
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter 23

20.7K 1.6K 1.1K
By TaeTae_lyfe

I'm back baby.

I've serious missed writing in this book. I swear, my professors are trying to kill me, but ya girl aced her history exam.

Feel free to shoot me some questions/comments.

I love you guys so so much!

Enjoy!

////////////////////////////////////////////

"I will not repeat myself again, Jungkook."

Jimin's voice came out in a deep, warning tone, his eyes stern and cold as he sent his twin a hard glare.

Jungkook's brows furrowed in confusion, his body moving forward.

"We have to take this into consideration, if what the cat said is true, then we-"

"No, Jungkook."

The chestnut haired prince let out a huff of frustration, golden eyes studying his brother's form.

"Taehyung said that he has an army, Jimin." Jungkook stated softly, running a hand through his hair. "We only have a few hundred soldiers at most...This is a battle we cannot win."

The blond prince nodded his head in agreement.

"You don't think I know that?" He asked, turning to face Jungkook. "Titan and his army will be at our gates within the next few days."

Jungkook frowned, running a hair through his thick, wavy locks that fell over his eyes.

"We cannot stay here and wait for them to conquer us." He stated. "This is The Keeper's castle, if he manages to lay siege to this sacred place, he will destroy everything. There will be nothing left...and we will never be able to find The Keeper."

"Then what do you suggest we do, Jungkook?" Jimin snapped, placing his hands on the wooden desk in front of him. "My leg is still healing, I cannot take up arms and even if I were able to fight...we're still outnumbered greatly..."

The young prince rubbed his forehead, placing a hand on his hip as he glanced out the window, watching as you walked alongside Namjoon in the snow below, a leather-bound book in your hand and a bright smile on your face.

"He's ruthless." Jungkook muttered. "If he gets his hands on her-"

"I know." Jimin sighed out, hanging his head. "Surrender is not an option. He'll kill us and take her either way."

Jungkook nodded in understanding, eyes never leaving your figure.

"You could-"

"I've already said no, Jungkook." Jimin interrupted.

The young twin turned to face his brother.

"Why not?!" He asked. "By the time he arrives, it will be a full moon, you would have all of your abilities-"

Jimin sent Jungkook a hard glare.

"I am not having this discussion with you. You know that I have put that behind me."

Jungkook frowned.

"I understand that, but this is an emergency." He stated. "If you would allow yourself to transform, we could win this battle. If people were to see The Great White Wolf, we'd-"

"Absolutely not." The blond prince snapped angrily. "People would see me-she would see me...and I don't want her to know what I am...what I truly am."

The golden-eyed prince let out a heavy sigh of defeat before moving his gaze back to the window.

"So what do we do?" He asked softly.

Jimin shook his head, moving to look out the window alongside his brother.

"You do nothing."

Both men jumped in surprise at the new voice that filled the air of the study, gazes snapping over to the familiar orange-haired hatter that now stood before them, his expression void of any emotion.

"N-Nothing?" Jungkook stuttered. "But he'll kill us! We have to think of some way to-"

"You'll do nothing." Taehyung repeated, his tone stern as his multicolored eyes flickered between the two brothers. "I will take care of this."

"You?" Jimin repeated. "But you're just one man, how can you possibly defeat an entire army of men?"

The hatter took a step forward.

"I have been around for a long time." He stated. "Leave Titan to me."

Jungkook shook his head fervently.

"I don't think you'll sway him with a tea party, Taehyung."

Taehyung grinned.

"You'd be surprised of how effective my tea parties are, my prince." He said. "If Titan takes the castle and breaches our walls, everyone here will die. I'll make sure he never even gets close."

"How are you going to do that?" The blond-haired prince asked.

Taehyung turned his body, walking towards the door.

"It is better if you do not ask questions."

The two brothers watched with awe-struck expressions as the orange-haired man exited the room, his smile growing as he softly shut the door behind him.

Jungkook swallowed hard, sensing the thick tension that filled the room.

"You want to know something?"

Jimin looked at him.

"What?"

The chestnut-haired prince turned to face his brother.

"That was the first time I've ever seen Taehyung use a door."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A soft hum left your lips as your e/c eyes scanned over the numerous titles that were engraved on the spine of each book before you.

Your fingers brushed over their bindings, searching for a title that managed to snag your attention.

You had originally hoped to spend your day with Jimin, as he had promised to take you horseback riding on the country side, but he could not make it, telling you that he and his brother had important business that needed their immediate attention.

So, you settled for your old friend...the library.

You had just finished reading an interesting story with Namjoon, who showed you around the castle grounds for most of the day, listening intently as you read to him.

You were in need of a new book.

Your movements halted as an odd title came into your vision.

"Life"

You frowned in confusion as you slowly pulled the leather-bound book from the shelf, eyes scanning over it intensely.

"Have you found one yet?"

Hoseok's voice called out to you from the small seating area that rested in the center of the library, hidden from the world by numerous, book-filled shelves.

Your gaze never left the book as you spoke, fingers brushing along the designs that were etched into the leather that held it together.

"I think so."

The sound of footsteps filled your ears, but you paid no mind, entranced by the way the book looked.

It was old and worn, yet it was well-kept and held together nicely.

You felt drawn to it for an unknown reason and your found yourself idly toying with the edge of the pages.

"Life?" Hoseok said from beside you, his own gaze taking in the sight of the book. "That's a weird title."

You nodded in agreement, slowly opening the book and reading the contents of the first page.

As you read, your eyes began to widen. Every single word you took in only led to more shock and confusion.

Hoseok read over your shoulder, a shocked expression falling over his features.

"Isn't this...."

His words trailed off as he turned to look at you, watching as you stared at the book in awe.

"The Pages." You mumbled out. "These are their stories. The stories that The Keeper wrote."

Hoseok fell silent, swallowing hard.

"L-Let me see it."

You nodded slowly, a million thoughts filling your mind.

Hoseok grabbed the book from you.

You watched with an awe-struck expression as the words on the pages began to change on their own, the sentences, the handwriting, even the title changed as Hoseok held the book, all of the stories that previously rested on the parchment were now changed.

"What?" Hoseok breathed out, flipping through the pages hurriedly. "They're gone?"

You swallowed hard, hesitantly reaching your hands out.

The orange-haired male gently placed the book back in your hands.

The two of you gawked as the previous words and stories came flooding back to the pages, the entire look of the book changing as you held it.

"Th-This is impossible." You muttered with wide eyes.

"This is why no one has been able to find The Pages. They've been here all along...but it changes appearance."

You frowned, looking up at the tall man.

"Then why can I see it?" You asked softly. "Why can I see the words?"

Hoseok took a step forward, his expression softening.

"Wh-What if Taehyung is right..."He asked, "What if you're The Keeper...That's why you can see the stories."

You stared at him with wide eyes.

"M-Me?"

He nodded his head.

"You."

You remained silent, trying to process all of the information that you were being fed.

Everything was slowly beginning to click into place. Things were beginning to unravel and make sense.

"We should tell the others-"

"N-No." You interrupted, placing the book back on the shelf and turning to face him. "We don't tell anyone. N-Not yet."

"But why?" He asked with furrowed brows.

You bit your lip, looking down at the ground.

"I need time to think." You stated. "J-Just give me some time."

The young archer reluctantly nodded his head, a sigh leaving his lips.

"Alright." He said, looking at the book you had just placed on the shelf. "But you have to take that with you."

Your gaze snapped up to him.

"But-"

He shook his head.

"If you're The Keeper, then The Pages belong with you. You have to keep them safe." He said. "Take some time and read the stories...You may learn something."

You watched as he grabbed the book, the cover changing under his touch as he extended it to you.

You paused for a brief moment before hesitantly taking the book from his hands and tucking it under your arm.

"Fine." You mumbled.

Hoseok sent you a reassuring smile, nudging your shoulder playfully in an attempt to lighten the mood.

You frowned, glancing down at the cover, which had already changed back to it's original form.

This was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1.4K 87
❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐞. ❞ ━ bts | bangtan x gn reader
283K 8K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...
1.6K 295 40
"Your eyes" "Your nose" "Your lips" "Your body" "Are all mine from now on" - Min Yoongi Wearing a contact lenses and then you can see a soul named M...