Otherworldly Redemption [Book...

By chiskey56

Horus needs redeeming but who will be the one to do it? More

Authors Note.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

15

1.5K 121 21
By chiskey56

Confusion.

Pure confusion is all that flowed through my mind.

What was I supposed to say to that? What was I supposed to do? There were many questions floating around in my mind but I couldn't quite put it all together into a coherent thought. I needed time, something I really didn't have at the moment. 

"I think I need some time by myself to figure things out. I know that's not really possible with your family still here but I'll figure something out." I sighed knowing that my options truly were slim. I couldn't go back to my original hiding place because his sister might show up once again. The last thing I needed was her trying to cloud my judgment and give me false hope. 

"I understand." Jelani answered, his tone sullen. His strong features, although beautiful, only depicted sadness as he stared at me. The small beauty at his side didn't seem to agree with him allowing me the time and space I needed.

"But-" Marin spoke up but was immediately cut off by Jelani again, who simply held up his hand to silence Marin.

"He deserves some time to himself. He needs time and space to think." His tone sharp as he addressed Marin. "There is only one place that I can think of where you can go. However, it's not located in the best of environments but if you need solitude it certainly provides that." 

"I thought there wasn't any open rooms left in the house." I accused, narrowing my eyes at him. 

"There isn't. Although, I do have a spare room located in the same area where we keep most of the prisoners in case I need to be closer to them, for whatever reason. It's far enough away that it won't be a safety issue, so no need to worry there. It's fully furnished and even has a mini kitchen attached. Think of it as a small apartment of sorts." He explained. "If you want, you're welcome to stay there for a little bit."

"Jelani, you can't be serious. It would be better if he stayed here." Marin whined, sounding frustrated and displeased with how this was all turning out. Soon their attention turned to me. "We can find another bed or something that way you won't have to sleep with us and we can just leave the room so you have time to think."

"I would prefer to use the room." I replied. "I need complete space and time away from you two to think about things."

Marin's eyes flashed from gray to purple and then back again, a clear sign that their two sides were not in agreement with what was happening. However, this wasn't about them. This was about me and what I needed and for once I was going to take my time to figure that out. Or, if I could I would figure out a way of escape. Maybe putting distance between us would help me find a solution to my problems.

"Alright, I'll show you how to get there." Jelani sighed, clearly he was hoping that I wouldn't choose that option either but it seemed like he was mature enough to realize that they had done me wrong and I needed space. I watched as he reached over to the bedside drawer and pulled out a wooden box, unique designs carved onto each side. 

Once he opened it my curiosity caused me to lean over to sneak a peek inside of the ornate box. There were a few objects in there, some papers and several pieces of golden jewelry all crammed inside. He pulled out a ring and a key on a looped through a braided leather cord and handed it to me.

"This is the only way you're allowed access to that area so make sure you don't lose the ring. The key opens the pathway back to the house." He explained as he walked towards the door. I surmised that I was meant to follow, so follow I did.

I made a mental map as we walked so that I would be able to find my way back, should I ever need to. With all the twists and turns we were taking it seemed that many people weren't supposed to even know about this entrance considering it was hidden inside of what seemed to be an office, maybe his.

A dark room, with very little light sat before us. A large wooden desk with paper strewn about and what seemed to be a laptop as well. There were a few chairs and a whole wall covered in books. 

"This all seems a bit unnecessary." I mumbled as he opened his hand, requesting the key back. 

"You may be right but it works for me." Jelani chuckled as he stuck the key in between two books on the tall bookshelf. A click sounded in the quiet of the room unlocking what I assumed to be a secret passage.

As he slid the bookshelf to the side he handed back the key before walking into the dark passageway. Once again Marin shuffled closer to my side as we made our way down, further into the darkness. The stairway was narrow and damp, reminding me of the cells we had just left from earlier.

After about five minutes of walking straight down Jelani announced that we were there. A small torch flickered on illuminating the small hall we had just ended up in. In front of us was a large, wooden door but on either side I could see that the hall went further in. I committed that piece of knowledge to memory, hoping that I would get a chance to explore soon enough. 

"Now hold you hand up to this metal plate here on the door." Jelani instructed, causing me to focus on the matter at hand once more. Lifting my hand with the ring on it up to the door I could feel almost a pull between the two. Quickly I jerked my hand back, staring at it in wonder.

"Wha-"

"They're made of complimenting magic. It's a lock and key so to speak. The door will only open to someone who has one of these rings. I have the other one but I will not come in here unless I ask permission first. I understand that what we've talked about is a serious topic and I respect the fact that you need space. I only request that you join us at meals and then you are free to spend any time you wish to down here." 

My chest ached at the look on his face and the sound of his voice. I knew that it was the bond that had been awakened between us fighting to make sure we stay close but this is what I needed. This is what we all needed if I was going to figure anything out. If I made too quick of a decision simply because we were mates then that wouldn't help any of us.

"Thank you. I have no problem coming up for meals. I'm not exactly the best chef around here, remember?" I chuckled trying to ease some of the mounting tension.

"Oh, I remember." Jelani teased, a soft smile replacing the grimace he had before. I raised my hand back up to the door, pressing it against the cool metal. The door clicked and I pushed against it and walked in. Jelani and Marin walked in behind me with Jelani flicking a switch to give us some light. 

The whole place was illuminated and I was shocked to see such a modern living space before me. It wasn't as big as their room but it was certainly close. There was a large bed pushed up against one wall, a small couch in front of it, a table and a television mounted on the wall in front of all of that. A mini kitchen off to the side, a stove and fridge included. He pointed out two doors one leading to a bathroom and the other leading to a smaller office where he told me I could keep some of my clothes as well as there was a closet in there.

"Wow. You're weren't kidding. This is definitely a small apartment." I whistled in appreciation.

"And you're free to stay here as long as you need. Our room is always open if you need to talk with us, ask questions, or if you just miss us." Jelani smiled. 

"Thank you." I replied with a somewhat forced smile. I don't think I will be going to that room any time soon. "Oh. I know I agreed to join you guys for meals but just for today I'd like to spend the rest of my night down here."

"That's fine." Jelani replied, although his tone suggested to me that it was, in fact, not fine. "Well we'll see you later then."

"Bye." Marin's voice was soft and I almost forgot that the little deviant had tagged along.

"Goodnight."

With that they excused themselves and left me to my own devices. With a great exhale I decided to further explore this room that I would be calling my own for a while. The kitchen, while not fully stocked, had plenty of dry food and snacks that would hold me over til the morning. The bathroom was quite lavish, though small but no complaints here. 

The office mirrored Jelani's with the addition of a closet space off to the side where there was already clothes hanging in there. I doubted he would be mad that I borrowed some of his clothes considering I hadn't brought any of my own when we came down here. I'd have to get some things tomorrow when I went up for breakfast.

"Well I suppose all that's left for me to do is to think." I mused to myself as I walked back out into the main room and collapsed on the bed.

*******************************************************************************

The knives and forks scrapped against the plates, creating a very irritating sound as we all sat around the table like one big, happy, and dysfunctional family. There was no small talk, no questions about our daily activity, or anything. Just the sound of breakfast being consumed.

"Will we be able to see Jali again?" Jelani's mother questioned.

Oops, I spoke to soon.

"Later today, since you'll be leaving tomorrow." Jelani muttered, not giving his mother his full attention.

Surprisingly, she said nothing about his blatant disregard of her. Instead opting for a simple nod of her head. I wasn't the only one who noticed the odd behavior coming from the woman as Asha looked up at her and then at the rest of us to see if we noticed as well. Unfortunately, Marin and Jelani were both consumed by their thoughts and I doubt that her husband has really paid attention to much she has ever said to notice the difference.

The rest of breakfast was a quiet affair up until Jelani excused the three of us once he was certain we were done eating. Marin and I followed behind him back to his study where he collapsed into his chair with a very audible sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'll be glad when they are finally gone." He groaned.

"Today wasn't as bad as the other days. Aren't they being a little too behaved?" I questioned, suspicious of their motives.

"They are but I'm keeping a closer eye on them for that exact reason. All staff is to report to me anything weird they see not to mention I brought a few guards from the cells up here to keep watch around their rooms." Jelani answered as he began typing at his laptop.

"More importantly, how are you doing?" Marin questioned, plopping down into one of the cushioned seats.

"I'm fine. I slept well and thankfully there were a few snacks to keep me from starving." I joked, hoping to lighten the air around us.

"Oh, I forgot there wasn't much food down there. Also I noticed you were wearing some of my clothes. Clearly we were not very prepared for this, huh? We didn't think that far ahead when leaving you down there."

"It's fine. I survived. It was only one night. Besides, I had planned to get a few provisions while I was up this way to last me a while."

"Or..." Marin started. "You could just come back to the room where all your stuff is already."

"Marin..." Jelani's tone held a silent warning.

"I can't. I haven't had any real time to think things over. Besides, I'm sure spending time around you guys will cloud my judgment."

"Fine. Whatever." Marin huffed before hopping out the chair just as quickly as she plopped down, and storming from the room. With a loud slamming of the door they were gone and without my command my eyes rolled at Marin's tiny tantrum. Jelani sighed again and I couldn't help but feel bad for putting more stress on him.

He had his family terrorizing him on one hand and then me on the other. With him being able to feel the bond between us I'm sure it was painful that I was so far away from him for this long. Even though he had Marin as well I knew that mating bonds weren't so easily pushed aside.

"I'm sorry about that. Marin isn't really taking this very well." He spoke up. 

"Well how else did Marin think this was going to turn out. It's crazy to think that I would have already come up with a decision after only one night. I'm trying to stay civil but there's only so much of a front I can put on before I snap. So please remind Marin of that the next time they decide to invite me back to your room. And on that note, I believe I'll head down to mine and clear my mind and this bad energy." 

I turned from him and walked over to the bookshelf, located the two books hiding the secret keyhole, inserted the key and turned it, listening for the click. When it sounded I slid the bookcase to the side ready to walk through but my heart wouldn't let me leave it at that. Whatever small part of our bond that had been awakened still yearned for him and it made my guilt even stronger. I could kick myself at my decision to turn around and address him.

"Look, I know this isn't easy for you. You're trying to balance your family, and Marin and I all at once. I get that and I'm sorry but I can't just let you two off the hook and I have to figure out how this will work for me because I've been wrong in a lot of things in my life and I can admit that but I know I'm not in the wrong now. And I won't be punished for how I feel about all this."

With that said I turned back around, walked into the narrow staircase and closed the bookshelf door behind me. My heart was pounding out of my chest at what I said to him. I meant it. I couldn't deny that I had some feelings for both of them. The instant attraction to Marin was there from the start and I could admit that I thought that Jelani had some impressive features as well but when it came to something this permanent I couldn't put desire over my needs. 

And what I needed was someone I could trust, someone who would see me for me, and someone who loved me just as much as I loved them. Right now my tough decision was to decide whether or not Jelani and Marin were the right people for me.

Before I knew it I was standing in front of the door to my temporary room. However, I didn't feel like heading in there just yet. My mind was set on exploring whatever was down here. Although I knew that the other people who were sentenced here were down here I hadn't really seen what it was like, except when we visited Jali and he was a special case.

So without any thought I turned to the left and followed the damp hall deeper into the abyss. I was worried that I would essentially have to feel around to figure out where I was going but it seemed that these walls were lined with enchanted torches that flickered to life as I got within range.

Soon the sound of voices began to filter into the hallway, alerting me to the fact that I was close to my target. And soon enough I was greeted by the sight of a large group of people all roaming around inside what appeared to be a wide open cell of sorts. There were bars created from the natural cave that surrounded them and looked unbreakable. 

The men in there hadn't noticed me just yet but soon they would as I hadn't planned on staying in the shadows for long. As I stepped out the ones closer to the entrance noticed me first and their conversation turned from rowdy to quiet whispers, questioning who I was. Well, that was until one of them called out to me.

"O Sky God, holder of both moon and sun. Great falcon who flies the horizon. I call to you for favor. I call to you for strength. I call to you for mercy. O Horus, guardian of the people, grant me divine protection for I am your follower." A loud voice wailed from further in. Never would I have imagined that I would find someone who would recognize me down here. However, I should have known better considering beings are sent here from all over.

The voice got louder and louder as the man approached the bars. His face now clearly seen. I didn't recognize him but it was clear to him who I was, even from a distance. He had dropped down to his knees, bowing in front of me. When he started getting into my lineage and accomplishments I had to stop him.

"Is there something you want from me?" I questioned, only slightly annoyed.

"Please free me from these bonds. I have been unjustly imprisoned here for far too long for a crime that was not that grievous." 

"Unfortunately for you I am not able to help free you from anything. I have no power here and am practically a mortal. Serve your time and live an upright life once you return home." 

"My Lord?" He questioned confused as he began to stand back up to address me better.

"I may be back to visit this place. Next time please do not call out to me. I wish to keep who I am under wraps, so to speak." I hummed as I looked around at the attention we had garnered from this exchange. 

"Please, Sky Go-"

"Enough! I have given you my answer. Do not anger me further." My tone was harsh and my voice echoed off the walls of their prison but I needed him to understand. He had fallen back to the earth, hid his face in the dirt and apologized. This was escalating far beyond my ability to control it so I turned back around and followed the hall back to the door that led to my room. 

I wasn't quite ready to call it a day but should I venture in the opposite direction? Would I only find more cells? After weighing my options I decided that I wouldn't know unless I went to see for myself. 

The second hall was much like the first in where it lit up as I approached each enchanted torch. I felt myself coming to the end of the long corridor but I heard no voices. Ahead of me it seemed that the hallway opened up into a larger area. Once I stepped foot into the space I knew exactly where I was.

There were bars like the other side except instead of many men meandering about there was one man sitting along a side wall. A book in hand, fierce golden eyes focused on it's pages, lost in the world that it provided. I stopped short of going all the way in hoping that he hadn't realized that I was there.

I was wrong.

Without even looking up at me from his book. He spoke. The same deep, commanding voice from before bounced off the walls of his cell and reached me where I stood, hiding in the barest of shadows.

"Hello little bird."

***************************************************

Well! It has certainly been a while since you guys have heard from me. So what do you think?

Horus has heard a lot and has been through a lot as well. What do you think he should do? 

Vote and Comment! I love to hear your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 2.2K 16
Yizhan fanfic Cover by @DaYaVi
814 9 28
God wants to fix the problems that humanity made in the world but sadly he can't do it himself. So he send one of his best children to fix them. God...
11.3K 540 23
When Scott meets Alex will his life be changed? Will he finally be happy? Or will he fall back into the dark hole of depression that he had been spir...
108K 1.1K 29
Random male kpop idol x male reader Both sub and dom male reader This book does include smut. (Requests are open)