Lies and Roses°nctxbpxrv

By princehendery

"You've been living a lie your whole life. Don't you want to avenge yourself from the people who kept you fro... More

Trailer + Posters of Main Casts
°prologue
°01
°02
°03
°04
°05
°06
°07
°08
°09
°10
°11
°12
°13
°14
?
°15
°16
°17.1
°17.2
°18
°19
°20
°21
°22
°23
°24
°25
°26
°27
°28
°29
°30
°31
°32
°33
°34
°35
°36
°37
°38
°39
°41
°42
°43
°44
°45
CHARACTER TRAILER (VIDEO)

°40

461 37 14
By princehendery

MONDAY; 11:09:27 PM

"Her condition is normal. Although a huge amount of blood was lost in the last hours but there's nothing to worry about. She's going to recover soon,"

I don't feel anything at all.

I don't sense any feelings of pain.

I don't feel like I'm a living person either.

"She's conscious but she's not yet ready yet."

I wanted to open my eyes. I wanted to see what was going on. Surely, something good must have happened. But I was such a coward. I was too terrorized to find out.

I can't entirely recall the previous moments ever since I shot the Alpha. It all happened so quickly. I don't have memories or whatsoever of getting in this room.

I wanted to hear assurance. Not the kind of assurance that would just only make me wonder why words can't guarantee anything but disappointment. I wasn't surprised knowing how things turned out obnoxiously awful. I knew it would all boil down to me squeezed in between worst incidents.

It was no surprise for Park Jiseul, or should I say, Kang Seulgi, to be caught in trouble. It was already part of me.

I carefully open my eyes, gradually gaining sight as a luminous light beamed upon me.

"She's awake!" I heard my father yell in delight.

I saw indistinguishable shadows circling before me. I figured they were from the people whom I know. I was then able to recognize my father, who was standing to my left and Jaehyun who was across me. I am not quite sure with the rest yet.

I bat my lashes and finally was able to see my surroundings clearly.

"My princess," Father croaked. "You fought well. Thank goodness you're fine." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, yanking me lightly as he tightens the hug.

"Mr. Kang, I may have to speak to her privately," Jaehyun interjected. "I also would like to request everyone to wait outside for a while."

There was a momentary exchange of knowing glances between Jaehyun and Father to which I found odd. It was as if they had talked about it and agreed beforehand.

Nonetheless, everyone followed Jaehyun's orders without any unnecessary remarks. They did as instructed by the man and it was only Jaeyun and I in the room.

He sat to my right and pulled the stool closer to me.

"Seulgi, it's good to have you back. You had everyone worried." Jaehyun muttered in a rather calming tone.

I nodded. "How long have I been out?"

"More than 12 hours."

"Ah. . ., I see." I replied, grinning afterwards.

Jaehyun was genuinely smiling at me. I admit, I was caught off guard seeing him this so indescribably ethereal. I mean, despite all the stress he has been through, he still managed to look so beautiful.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"Well," I lick my lower lip. "I'm alive and miserable as always but I'm not totally feeling fine. In a nutshell, I'm doing not so great."

There was a slightly awkward pause after my last word.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" I looked at Jaehyun whose face suddenly lost life. His expression tells me it wasn't going to make me feel better at all. This boy is very transparent to me. I've known him for a while and I can read him better than anyone else could. And from the looks of it, he was definitely having a hard time thinking on how he was going to say it to my face without hurting me.

Jaehyun cleared his throat and leaned closer, staring right into my eyes. He heaved a deep sigh and said: "The thing is. . .What was the last thing you did before you passed out?"

I snickered, realizing where this was heading.

"Shooting Mr. Lee," I rolled my eyes. "What about it?"

He pursed his lips into a thin line and the look on his face softened. It felt like to me he felt pity towards me.

"Mr. Lee filed a complaint to the SPD," He said in a much lower voice. "He. . . he is charging you for attempt murder and he has eye witnesses and sufficient evidence to prove you. . . guilty. Apparently, the weapon used against Mr. Lee had your prints on it. They have already ran a DNA test."

I honestly didn't know how to feel. I was no longer flabbergasted. I mean, this is nothing. After all the misery I have been, this wasn't affecting me I any sort of way. I wasn't just tolerant to this. I have accepted it. This was my fate and there was no way of escaping it.

"You don't have to worry. I can save you from all of this, Seulgi. I know this is hard for you to take in but I just need you to tell me the truth for me to help you," He placed his hand on top of mine. "Did you really do it?"

I unconsciously let out a chortle, one corner of my lip twitched upward which earned a mope from Jaehyun. Disenchantment was the best word to describe how he looked at me.

He deeply inhaled and ran his hand through his face whilst exhaling roughly. He swallowed the lump in his throat and avoided my eyes.

"So, you really did do it, huh."

I remained silent, only making the tension rise.

"Do you even know what happens when you step out of this hospital?" His voice was much stern this time. He was definitely frustrated.

I shook my head out of ignorance.

"You're going to go through trial. And looking at the situation, you're not denying it and the other party has a very strong evidence, you're not going to win."

"At least I nobody can harm me when I'm in prison," I mumbled. "For the record, it's a criminal whom I shot. Why the hell am I the one going to prison?"

"Because you don't have enough evidences to prove that Mr. Lee is a criminal. You have nothing in your plate to serve the judge pertaining Mr. Lee's records. The man played dirty and yet left the scene untouched," Jaehyun's voice raised. The veins on his neck as he was speaking. "People like you are no match against horrible people like Mr. Lee. And the only thing you could do now is wait for a miracle for you to get out of this hole."

"Jaehyun," I said almost in a whisper. "Do I deserve this?"

Jaehyun's eyes were suddenly pooled with tears. The tip of his nose started to redden. He balled his hands into a fist and his jaw was quivering.

"Oh, god. No. You don't deserve any of this. . . ," His voice was beginning to sound shaky. "You deserve a far much better life. And everything that's happening right now to you is making my heart break. I am ashamed of myself because I wasn't able to protect you. I wasn't able to do my job. I failed to defend the innocent. And I couldn't blame anyone else but myself for making you suffer like this."

I lifted a hand and cupped Jaehyun's cheek. Gently caressing his skin with my thumb as I glance upon the teary-eyed man.

"I've never seen you cry before," I chuckled. "I'm sorry for making you cry."

Tears rolled down his cheek when he shut his eyes close, dearly grasping on my wrist. He pressed his lips together as he tried to hold back his emotions. His chest puffed as he was trying to do so.

"I won't stop until justice is served," He said behind gritted teeth. "I won't stop until the wolves are dead."

My heart pounded so fast all of a sudden and somehow, there was a flash of genuine anticipation that struck me.

"Seulgi, I want you to stay strong," Jaehyun regained his composure. "I want you to wait for a little while. Help is on its way."

A/N:

WELL HELLO. I KNOW IT'S BEEN A WHILE BUT COLLEGE REALLY CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD. i wasn't expecting i'd be instantly busy in the first week but ya know. ya girl is trying to manage her own shit. Well anyways, we only have 5 chapters left before the story ends :(((

a question that needs to be answered:

How do you feel after this chapter? 

Please do leave comments. I want to know your thoughts so far. It'll mean so much to me as it will help me write better and get to know you guys more hehe thanks for waiting

ILY <33333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.3K 23
Kim Haewon, a 21-year old university student that decided that she would only focus in her studies and her part-time job. A boyfriend is a big no in...
5.5K 408 29
"Doctor Kang this is Nurse Kim Dal Hee, your nurse assistant from now on" When Doctor Park said that Doctor Kang's smile dropped and his gaze switche...
393K 14K 86
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ ᴄɪᴛʏ ᴏꜰ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ 1.5/21 ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ "𝘞𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦?" "𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵?" "𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬...
497K 16.1K 82
𝔾𝕒𝕟𝕘 𝔸𝕌 2/23 - follow up of 'Just like you' Choi Sebin, like any other 20-or-so year old working individual in Seoul, led a pretty standard lif...