The Neverland Inn : One-Shot...

By Sparky503

A combiled version of one shots from the adventures of Shan, Faith and Dee as they run the ghostly bed and br... More

NL Breakup
NL Birthday
Lazarus Machine
Partner Polygraph
NL Valentine's Day
NL Break In
NL Daughters
NL Physics
NL IPhones
Butterflies
(Authors Note β™‘)
NL Glitch : S2E1
NL Symphony S2E2
NL Investigators S2E3
NL Nephews S2E4
NL Puppies S2E5
NL Ex Wives S2E6
NL Wisdom Teeth: S2E7
NL Movie Night: S2E8
NL Baseball : S2E9
NL Chances : (S2 Finale)
NL Recovery : S3E1
NL Forever: S3E2
NL Phone Call: S3E3
NL Halloween: S3E4
NL Fatherhood: S3E5
NL Christmas : S3E6
NL Pain Pills: S3E7
NL Replacement : S3E8

NL Trainee: S3E9

81 6 2
By Sparky503

Dee paced infront of the giant window with numerous panes that Michael kept in his study. They never enjoyed the atmosphere of the study.  All the undertones of business and maturity never suited Michael but Dee enjoyed the view that stretched across the front lawn.

She still wore her hostess blazer and Shania knocked on the door. Dee was jolted to attention being someplace else and Shania scoffed,
"Jesus, I've been looking for you everywhere."

Dee sighed sitting down in the leather office chair and she said,
"I've been up here ever since we let what's-his-face go. I hate that I'm this unsteady, but I have to be. I think Michael hates it too."

Shania sat on the side of the desk and she motioned with a finger to wait reached for her cell phone. She opens Instagram and hands it to Dee across the desk,
"Check out his instagram for yourself."

Dee skimmed through his profile. He did have a lot of followers, enough publicity to certainly have a more upbeat impact on this place. She goes further and further to see all of his photos of his impressions of Michael's outfits and eras. All were astonishing but none were good enough to let her standards falter.

She sighed and handed the phone back,
"I feel like drinking."

"We haven't drank since Valentine's Day." Shania said going to the liquor cabinet kept in the study and Dee goes to fetch glasses. She shook her head knowing she would never see Romeo the way Shania or anyone else did and it was heartbreaking.

"I don't know what to do with myself."

Shania twisted the cap from some spiced rum and she flicked the cap away smirking. She poured them both a drink and she spoke,
"I've been friends with you for as long as I can remember, I can read you like a book. And I've only been wrong once."

Dee took a sip and she smacked her lips from the burning of alcohol in her throat, "And?"

Shania tipped her entire glass back like a man with one gulp and continued, "You've got your panties in a twist over us replacing, Faith. You think we will no longer be this outstanding, world conquering trifecta that we've always been once she leaves. And you think this guy is probably the first step in kicking Faith just completely out of our lives."

Dee shook her head and she shrugged, "Okay yeah, I'm pretty sour about replacing, Faith. She's basically my sister and she's been beside us ever since we started the Inn. I just wish she would suck at science and physics just a little more."

Shania giggled and she urged Dee to scoot over so they could both fit into the leather office chair behind Michael's desk. They clinked their glasses and Shania assured,
"Dee. I'm sad about Faith leaving, I am. I mean, we've basically been sisters from the start but she's going to college, she's not dying-"

Without either of them knowing Michael sat on the other side of the desk listening and watching as they conversed. He smiled seeing them both be so careful and business smart as they always seemed to hate the idea.

"Besides she'll be back during the summer, all summer. Just with us, sour puss. I honestly think Romeo deserves your blessing to honor Michael like we do."

Dee nodded taking a small sip and she says,
"It's just hard to read, Michael. And the last thing I want is to let him down. That's a fate far worse than death for me. He's basically our boss in everything."

Michael scoffed and he said unable to hear,
"Hey, I don't pay you. And how am I hard to read? The cryptic phase ended when I kicked the bucket, guys."

Shania smiled and she said,
"Yeah, were basically Michael's little angels walking around this place."

Dee chuckles under her breath and said blushing, "And we've dreamed about it since we we're twelve."

Michael rolled his eyes laughing with them as he stayed hidden conserving his energy. They both giggled more and Shania added, "I'm glad you're lightening up, ya sour puss. We need to drink more obviously."

"I'm such a light weight." Dee chuckles and the phone in her breast pocket began to vibrate. She was receiving an unknown phone call and she didn't recognise the number.

"That's weird." She answered the phone careful then her eyes widened, "It's him!"

Shan leaned in to listen and Romeo stood in the heavy thunderstorm that poured outside of Santa Monica. He pulled his jacket tighter inside the cold payphone booth and he asked,

"Sorry to bother you. I just wanted to know when you'd be okay with me dropping by to begin my training?"

Dee began to think and she swallowed a big lump in her throat that she prayed was her pride and she answered,
"What are you doing tomorrow morning, around nine?"

Romeo smiled and he said,
"I'm wide open. "

He hung up with the girls smiling ear to ear. He stepped outside and cringed at how low his battery was getting on his IPhone.  He stepped out of the phone booth and into the hotel lobby. The graveyard shift had just begun and a bell boy zoomed by with a cart of luggage.

Romeo caught the attention of the front desk attendant who rolled her eyes. Romeo shuffled over to not draw attention although the room was deserted. The attendant with a name badge that read 'Tiffany' leaned in to keep her voice down and she says,
"Ramone, I love you, you're my brother, but I can't keep doing this."

He kept his head on swivel and pleaded,
"Please, Tiff. I just need a room for tonight, I got a job."

She rolled her eyes and snarled still in a whisper, "You've said that before! No more lying!"

Romeo showed the contract given to him by Shania and Dee. Tiffany scanned it with her eyes and still kept watch for her manager. She sighed heavily and she said with brimstone eyes,
"Rome, you better stay in there and not make a sound. Be quick."

She tossed a key across the desk nonchalantly and said,
"231, go!"

She pointed to her left and he hurried up the steps. He looked over his shoulder and he whispered so she could hear,
"Love you!"

She turned around snarling for him to disappear,
"Moonwalk, boy!"

He smiled and shut the door to the stairwell. He rushed for the second floor and kept his fedora low. He reached the door, swiped the key card, and began his normal routine.

He replaced the sheets on the bed, and shedded his clothes for a shower and for them to wash in the sink. He wanted to look his best tomorrow but was disappointed he had only a t-shirt and jeans to wear for his first day.

He went over to begin washing his face of the Jackson make-up and he noticed the closet being slightly open. He opened the door and saw a forlorn garment bag. He unzipped the long zipper before looking inside and he found a classy navy blue button up and a pair of slacks. Both in his exact size.

He was left in shock with the sink still running. He said thank you outloud to whoever may hear and knew tomorrow might actually be a good day.

~~ Meanwhile~

"How's everything going, sweetheart? We haven't heard from you?" Michael asked on the phone on the swing set outside. Faith listened on the phone and she removed the heels from her aching feet. She sighed and said,
"It's been a long day, Michael. I'm really tired. I've spoke to so many people and have sat through a thousand orientations."

Michael chuckled, "Are you ready to be home?"

She listened to the creaking of the swing before she answered heavily in the heart, "No."

Michael held still and he asked surprised, "Why not?"

A warm tear began to trail her cheek and she said, "because I know I'm gonna have to leave again-" she sniffed beginning to sob, "-very soon."

Michael was moved and he held the phone tighter, "Darling, you won't be gone forever. We know that and so do I. Don't cry."

Faith held her head with her shoulders dropped in despair. She looked around the drab dorm, the cement blocks that kept the space cold and small outside light that illuminated the floor. She closed her eyes tight to rid herself of tears. Michael begged her to speak. She cleared her throat and said finally, "I'm gonna love you, forever Michael."

Michael was at a hault for words and he heard Faith beginning to lose herself in sadness on the other end. Her breath quivered and she tried to wipe away her tears with her sleeve. Suddenly, a cold draft began to surround her. She thought of the cement walls again and kept her eyes closed. The light in her room flickered and she wiped her eyes to look.

"Michael? Hello?" She asked into the phone and she heard no response. She cussed at the bad signal in this dorm hall and she hung up the phone. The room grew colder and she had a crazy thought. She felt safe in this very familiar draft.

She turned to see what was making that strange shadow from her lamp. When she did, she saw him there draped against the wall. He placed the phone in his pocket and dusted the illusive "dust" from his shoulder. His face never seemed so beautiful until she had missed it for a day.

He smiled and she ran into his arms for a hug. She rested her head on his shoulder.  His illusion giving his body warmth and a faux heart beat. She sighed relieved and he wrapped his arms around her. He rested his chin on the top of her head lovingly and she pulled away to say softly,
"I mean it."

He smiled and he said, "I know that you do."

He took her hands carefully and he joked, "Yanno, it'd be one thing if you were leaving me for a romantic Fabio type character to get married in Boca Raton with matching tattoos."

She laughed but he continued, he wiped her tired eyes softly, "But you're leaving to better yourself and to gain an education that won't be offered twice."

His voice became stern and he explained further,
"That is something that I will never look down at you for."

He shook away his serious and so did she. He kissed her hand innocently and he said,
"I love you more. And for longer."

He squinted his eyes and made a mean face, "So don't try to step to me. Kid."

She pushed him away playfully and she took a long look at that ghostly form of his. One that would stay with anyone forever.

"I'll just miss you."
~~

That next day, 9 am~

"He should be here any minute, Dee."
Shania said as they stood at the top of the stairway, guests entered and exited from the garden outside. They both moved the sleeve away from their uniform to look at their watch. "He has two minutes." Dee said cynically and she sighed, about to start tapping her foot.

"We said 9, right?" Dee asked and Shania rolled her eyes beginning to laugh,
"I can't tell who's more on edge. Me or you?"

"I'm sorry." A voice said from infront of them.

Dee and Shania both spun their heads to face the person now speaking and they were shocked. He seemed familiar. He wore a navy blue button down with black slacks and dress shoes. His hair was gelled and combed backwards in a slick. A small silver chained lined his throat and he spoke again,
"I'm sorry, my cab driver didn't believe where I was going."

He reached for his pocket and he pulled out an ID card. He handed it to Dee as she was still perplexed to what he was talking about. "We almost spent 10 minutes arguing." He said.

Shania began to piece it together as she hovered over Dee's shoulder to see.

"Ramone Camirez?" Her eyes widened and Shania smiled wide.

"Yes." He looked around and said, "I figured you'd need a real name instead of my Insta handle."

It was Romeo but he was different. He was without make up or a wig or black loafers and sparkly socks. His eyes were free of heavy eyeliner and contouring. With heavy brown iris's he searched to why they might be staring so lost right at him. Shania and Dee shared a glance before saying together,

"Let's get started."

They began up the steps, into the office and Michael watched from around the corner of the hallway. He sighed and grunted under his breath,
"Damn it."

Ramone kept his eyes glued to the masterpiece of Neverland. His stares bounced from floor to ceiling, taking it all in, closely this time. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small glint of light dash across the window. Michael smiled knowing he was almost caught. He disappeared further into the sun and Ramone took another glance.

"Rome-" Shania stuttered, "sorry, I mean, Ramone. Michael's office is this way."

He took a final look and he shook away they weirdness of how it felt.

"Sorry." He smiled and rubbed his arms in a chill, "Guess I got the goosebumps from something."

Dee looked to Shania intently. They shared an excitable thought of Michael trying to reveal himself and they stepped into the office together. Ramone took his offered seat and Dee smiled closing the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 1K 25
A mixture of one-shots fluff and smut and a lot of love. Requests are open, inbox me or comment your requests and I'll tag you if possible! If it is...
98 3 12
Afew horror one shots i've written myself.
30.4K 1.5K 23
|| 2022 MJFAs WINNER ; BEST MATURE ERA STORY || 𝑨 𝑴𝑰π‘ͺ𝑯𝑨𝑬𝑳 𝑱𝑨π‘ͺ𝑲𝑺𝑢𝑡 𝑹𝑢𝑴𝑨𝑡π‘ͺ𝑬 𝑺𝑻𝑢𝑹𝒀 π’Žπ’‚π’•π’–π’“π’†/π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” π’Šπ’” π’Šπ’• 𝒆𝒓𝒂 **M...
73.9K 640 20
Bnha or Mha, no matter what you call it we love these characters. I saw other people do this so I was like....Instead of making a book for each indiv...