Freak Shake (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

Jevan Hollen, son of the billionaire Evan Hollen, was the most popular boy in his highschool. His excellence... More

Introduction
Being The New Girl
Underneath Wings
It Starts With A Smile
Ending The Beginning
Cheer For Us Or Against Us
Get Your Lunch On
Roses Are Red
Only Fools Rush In
Crazy
You Got That Right
Sealed With A Kiss
Tell Me About It
Anger Written In Red
When The Moms Meet
History Has It
The First Argument
When The Pressure Arrives
Certainly
Happy Birthday Jevan
The Last Hold
Without Her
Truth
The Letter
Pop Up, Guess Who?
Night Flight To France
Lost For Words
Meeting Jason
Set The Date
What You Don't Know
What Are Friends For
Too Close For Comfort
Trouble In Paradise
A Wrath and A Secret
The Bedroom Picnic
MamaBear
Red Flag
Blast From The Past
Unexpectedly
All Things Lost
Force To Reckon With
Trail Of Fire
In Your Shoes
Dark to Light
Supposed To Be
Disastrous Dates
Parental Control
The Recovery
Truth and Trust
The Event
Are You Ready
What's Coming ???
From One Hundred To Zero
The Misunderstand-Ring
Confessions Of A Bitch
Additional
Dahlia
The Hunt Continues
Rocks In The Head
Crossing BorderLine
Who Knew
Chip Off The Old Block
Dare The Dream
Come Back
To Have And To Let Go
The Light At The End
Trial
Happy Ever After Does Exist

Let's Party

12.1K 709 175
By MavelineBelle

Blossom's POV

I loath walking into the house but I had to whether it was today or tomorrow or next year.

I had to face her.

It was 5:45 in the P.M when I walked through the door. Brooke was still sitting on the couch, wiping her eyes with a tissue, my mother stood next to her.

Her eyes traveled to me as I entered and closed the door behind me.

"Good evening, ma."

"I want the truth and I want it now!" she immediately started. Although I was expecting this, I was still startled by her tone. It was something I've never gotten use to because I hated yelling.

Brooke took it upon herself to leave right afterwards.
If looks could have killed, she'll be dead walking out that door.

"You were with that boy, weren't you!?" my mother yelled again.

"And so what if I was?" I sassed.

"I specifically told you to stay away from him and you deliberately disobey me! What do I have to do to get through to you, huh?"

"How about you accept us? How about you stop comparing your past life to my present and future?"

"Blossom, I'm protecting you as a mother should!"

"You're protecting me from what? What have Jevan ever done to you! You're only doing this to keep your damn job as Brooke's maid!"

She was astounded by my revelation but I couldn't keep it bottled up anymore.

"Aren't you?" I finished.

She pressed her lips together and exhaled heavily. "I don't want you to end up like me."

"I'm not you. Mama, I love you with all my heart. You're my rock. My bestie."

She smiled at the word 'bestie'.

"But I need you to please cut me some slack here and accept the fact that I'm in love with Jevan Hollen. He's a really great guy once you get to actually know him. He's passionate, he's caring, he's protecting. He's everything. I'm so glad I have him in my life. Please don't take that away from me. Please," I begged.

"You're right. Brooke was here to inform me about you and Jevan. She said she saw you getting into his car."

"I'm sorry I lied to you. It's just that I wanted to spend time with Jevan and I know you'll go ape shit if I was honest up front," I explained and apologized.

"Oh, I would have."

"But why was Brooke crying?" I asked.

"She's still in love with Jevan but he doesn't want to be with her because he's with you."

"She's pathetic mom. Just recently, she was kissing a guy from college in the hallway in our school. She lied to the police about Jevan putting his hands on her. She's nothing but a liar and a jealous ex-girlfriend."

"I understand that but you need to be very careful with her. Her folks are some powerful people and I don't wish to see them angry. That's why I was so quick to have you stay away from Jevan when I noticed he was the same person in Brooke's photo on her night stand."

I couldn't believe Brooke. She had the audacity to going to my own mother over this. It was her own fault Jevan didn't want anything to do with her anymore.

_______________
*Two Weeks Later*

It was finally the end of the first term of the year and I was so eager to see my grades that my little butt couldn't settle in the chair.

Our class teacher entered the classroom and simulaneously did the roll-call while handing out our grades.

I inhaled then exhaled before looking.

The biggest smile plastered on my lips. I knew I did great but I wasn't expecting it to be this great, especially in history. But being as it was one of my favorite subjects, I knew I excelled.

At lunch, Nina and Sophia showed me their results as well. They also did exceedingly well in every subject.

"I wonder how Jevan did?" I asked them.

"Oh please. Mr. Straight A. You have nothing to worry about," Sophia answered.

"Wait a minute, how did you do so freaking excellent in history?" Nina asked.

"I leave clues in the context," I answered with great confidence.

"Clues like what?" Nina asked.

"Okay. For example, if the question ask 'How many monarchs of the great kingdom of Great Britain ever had?' My context clue would be Great Britain which has twelve letters. Hence, the answer would be twelve monarchs."

"NO FREAKING WAY!" Nina and Sophia said in unison.

"I would have never thought of doing something like that. That's dope!" Nina added, "And congratulations on your grades. You did great."

"Hey baby," a voice interrupted and snatched my grades out my hands. His eyes scanned the paper with a smile.

"That's my baby," he said and kissed me on the forehead before giving me back my grades.

"Where's yours?" I asked him. He retrieved it from his pocket and just as Sophia predicted, all A's with pluses.

Mr. and Mrs. Hollen would be so proud.

"Let's all do something to celebrate. I'm having a small party at my home and I'm inviting the three of you. On Wednesday when school gives break," Jevan said.

School would be out on Wednesday until the following Monday.

"Sounds great."

"We can't wait."

________________

Wednesday afternoon came too quickly. Nina, Sophia and myself were at my house getting ready for the party. My mom was at work.

"I'm so excited!" Nina squealed.

"Me too," Sophia said and applied some lip gloss to her lips.

"Is Jevan coming to pick us up?" Nina asked me.

"No. He's sending someone to get us," I answered and re-read the text message from him.

One hour later, we heard a honking outside. I peered through the window and saw a limousine.

"I'm gonna have a heart attack. I've never been in one of those before!" I said.

"Us too. Let's go!"

We ran out of the room and down the stairs like kids in an outdoor park. We burst through the front door before I locked it and made our way to the ride.

_____________________

"YOU'VE MADE IT," Jevan said when we arrived to his house. "Right this way to the party, ladies."

Music was blaring through some speakers. Balloons and confetti lined the ceiling. Eats and drinks covered two tables and I couldn't wait to quench my thirsty self. There were several other students, mainly guys, from his football team.

Nina and Sophia were already mingling with drinks in their hands.

"This doesn't contain alcohol, right?" I asked.

"Of course not. My parents would kill me if they knew I had alcohol at my party."

"Perfect." Jevan handed me a glass and I started drinking right away.

Everyone talked to each other and laughed and shared jokes, even Jevan's siblings, Jase and Jada, were laughing with everyone too.

Then everyone started dancing.

Jevan circled my hip with his hands from behind as we grind to the beat of the music together.

"AND WHY WASN'T I INVITED?" a voice bellowed. The music stopped at once and everyone turned to the voice.

Brooke stood there with a red face. Shortly after, another woman, appeared.

The diamond necklace in her neck made me feel worthless. Her bob hairstyle looked like it can cut a rock in half. Her perfectly tailored suit complimented her height and slim figure along with her ivory skin. Everything about her screamed sophistication and power.

"What is Brooke and her mom doing here?" I heard someone asking another.

A few seconds later, Mrs. Hollen walked into the room.

"My apologies. Mrs. Diamond, my husband would home shortly. In the meantime, you and your daughter can wait in the living-room," she informed them.

"Mom, what's going on?" Jevan asked her.

"Oh it's fine. Mrs. Diamond is just here to see your father on business and Brooke accompanied her."

"Well, in case Mrs. Diamond wasn't aware, dad has an office at Hollen Tower. At home, it's for his family, not for people who wants to make profits off someone else's hard work!" Jevan said.

Brooke and her mother were even more offended.

"Jevan," Mrs. Hollen scolded but Jevan just drank his drink without another word.

"Please continue with your party," Mrs. Hollen finished and ushered Brooke and her mother out the room.

_________

The party resumed but my mood didn't. Seeing Brooke's face changed everything and Jevan noticed.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Brooke was at my house. Two Saturdays ago. I can't help but think that she's up to something."

"Don't let Brooke distract you again. There's nothing she can do to come between us. Nothing."

I hope you're right about that.

_____________________

Brooke's POV

I sat next to my mother in the living room Jevan's mother led us to.

I could hear the party in the other room. The music. The laughter. The joy. The fun.

And I wasn't invited to it.

Instead, he invited Blossom. The girl is a nobody from Africa.

What can she give him that I can't?

What does she have that I don't?

It was so damn ridiculous that Jevan downgraded. He has no idea how bad that reflected on me.

But I had a plan. A plan that was so damn good, I laughed whenever I think about it.

______________________

A/N

You asked for another update. I had time for another one today, so here you go my beautiful readers. 🥰

But you gotta ask yourself, what is Brooke up to this time around?

Look out for more chapters.
Don't Forget To Vote 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...
191K 4K 34
So yes this is a student/ teacher relationship it's not really like the others so please read and give it a chance! Never know if you don't read!! N...
866K 14.7K 43
They say that nowadays, love cease to exist. It's just a myth. To which it never existed. That it was just in fairytale. Or in movie's, book but not...
15.4M 631K 68
"What happened last night was a mistake. We both had too much to drink and one thing led to another. It was an act of alcohol and nothing more. I don...