social | meanie

By gyusuke

Jeon Wonwoo suffered from social anxiety. ©gyusuke 2019 | completed More

social.
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
thank you !!
bonus: soonhoon
bonus: my vow to you

thirty seven

2.8K 150 69
By gyusuke

"so, have you thought about who you were going to prom with?" mingyu asked, hands behind his back as they walked through the park that was just across the street from the café.

"nope. everyone else is going with their boyfriends and stuff so i'm not even sure who i'd ask, i doubt someone would even ask me to go with them." wonwoo chuckled.

"why would you say that?" mingyu said, looking at wonwoo who had a small smile plastered on his lips.

"why would someone ask me? even though i've become a bit more open and talked to new people, i'm still awkward and shy. who would want to go prom with someone like that." wonwoo said, still having a smile on his face as he said that. mingyu frowned, not knowing wonwoo still thought this way. he felt like he needed to prove wonwoo wrong, that he is good enough to be asked to prom.

"i'll take you to prom." mingyu stated, stopping and turning to wonwoo in the middle of the pavement.

"you would? why?" wonwoo questioned.

"because i want to show that it doesn't matter that you're awkward and shy. i mean it's not my prom, but i want to enjoy it with you. i want you to enjoy prom as well." mingyu smiled before bowing and putting his hand out, almost as if wonwoo was a prince. "now, jeon wonwoo. will you be my date to prom?"

wonwoo laughed at mingyu's cheesy gesture. "i'll gladly be your date to prom." mingyu chuckled after returning to his original position, straightening his back. they continued to walk through the park, joggers occasionally running past and parents with their kind's tiny hand in theirs. it was almost the end of july and it was meant to be the summer, but it wasn't hot enough to call it summer.

when they passed a group of trees, near a bench, they saw a toddler sobbing into her hands. she had a small teddy bear sat next to her, leaning against the child's body. there was no adult nearby that seemed to be the girl's parent. hearing the muffled cries, wonwoo and mingyu jogged over to the little girl.

mingyu bent down to see the toddler's face, "hey- hey, why're you crying? are you lost?" mingyu asked in a concerned tone. the little girl didn't speak for a moment before saying in a small voice in between cries,

"i-i can't find my mommy.." mingyu looked up at wonwoo and mouthed 'what should we do?' wonwoo shrugging in return. mingyu started to rub the back of the girl, trying to calm her down and stop her crying.

"what's your name?" mingyu said. the girl pulled her hands away from her face and wiped her tears away. "lee yeseul."

"lee yeseul? that's a pretty name. do you know where your mom is?" mingyu asked brushing some of yeseul's hair from her baby face. wonwoo sat down next to her and stroked her head, calming her down much more, though she still cried a bit.

"she said w-we were playing h-hide and seek, so i closed my eyes a-and started counting. when i opened m-my eyes, i looked around for her b-but i couldn't find her anywhere." yeseul stuttered, sniffing and wiping her tears into the pink cardigan sleeve.

"ahh, do you know your mom's phone number?" wonwoo asked sweetly. yeseul shook her head and wonwoo thought of something which would cheer her up. "are you hungry?"

"i-im a little bit hungry.." she answered, hugging onto her teddy bear. wonwoo stood up and held out his hand, smiling. "why don't we get you something to eat whilst me and my friend figure out what to do, is that okay?"

she jumped off the bench, much happier and nodded, taking wonwoo's hand. mingyu stood up as well, watching as wonwoo and yeseul started to walk to the café again. mingyu smiled at the sight, he didn't know wonwoo would be good with kids.

they walked to the across the street, looking both ways and entering through the glass doors. wonwoo and yeseul joined the line whilst mingyu sat down in a table close to the window, having a small view of the bustling city.

once they ordered, yeseul came waddling towards the table with wonwoo closely following behind. mingyu carried her into the seat and smiled, watching as the toddler played with her teddy on the table. wonwoo sat down next to mingyu and said, "what are we going to do? should we go to the police?"

"i mean, what else can we do? the best option would be to go to the police. it's not like we can take care of her ourselves." mingyu said, he glanced to yeseul who was watching outside the window, fascinated by all the cars passing by. one of the employees came up to their table holding the plate with yeseul's dessert. she happily jumped up and down, eyeing the delicious food that was placed in front of her along with a knife and fork. yeseul thanked the kind employee in a sweet tone that both mingyu and wonwoo found adorable.

the dessert was a vanilla crepe filled with peach slices and white chocolate drizzled on the outside to decorate, two dollops of cream in each corner of the square shaped plate. mingyu took the knife and fork from the top of the napkin and cut yeseul's crepe into bite size pieces, the melted white chocolate dripping down the side of the dessert. she stabbed a slice with the fork with one had and started to happily eat her food.

"you feeling better?" mingyu asked. yeseul nodded, munching on a peach slice. "do you have any other family besides your mom? where's your dad?"

"mommy has never mentioned daddy, i don't know who he is." she pouted, growing sad again but she smiled anyway. "thank for buying me food..." she said, not knowing what to call wonwoo and mingyu.

"i'm wonwoo."

"and i'm mingyu."

"thank you wonu and mingoo!" she smiled cutely again, stuffing another piece into her mouth. yeseul finished all of her crepe and drank the water wonwoo had bought earlier. they stood up from their seat and walked outside, mingyu crouched in front of yeseul who was holding the teddy by the arm.

"yeseul, we going to the police station so we can figure out where you can stay, are you okay with that?" mingyu asked with a concerned look for the girl as she nodded, holding mingyu's hand and reaching up for wonwoo's.

wonwoo took yeseul's hand and the three started walking to the police station mingyu and wonwoo were brought to early this morning. going through the sliding doors and went up to one of the counters where a police officer was sat, scrolling through records on the computer.

"excuse me?" mingyu said, the officer looking up from the screen. "we found a girl alone in the park without her parents. can you check if she has any other family or someone she could stay with?"

"what's her name?" the man asked.

"lee yeseul." mingyu answered. the man typed in her name and started clicking and looking through profiles. he turned his screen around and showed them a picture, "is this her?"

mingyu nodded, holding yeseul's hand tightly. the officer turned his screen back around and started typing and scrolling again. "well?"

"there are no records of who her father is and we have little information on her mother. from what we know, she has no close family that are currently living in korea." the man said, looking closer at his screen.

"if she has no family, where can she go?" wonwoo asked concerned.

"where all the kids with no parents go, an orphanage." the officer said bluntly. he looked so moody as if he's had the worst day of his life, uninterested with everything being said to him.

"can we adopt her?" mingyu said.

"aren't you two a little young to take care of kid?" the officer suspected, raising his brow at the two.

"i meant i know someone who can adopt her, would that be okay?" mingyu corrected.

"probably. as long as the adoption is approved then i guess it's fine." the man shrugged, sipping on his coffee.

the three left the station and yeseul looked up to mingyu and asked, "mingoo, who's going to take care of me?"

mingyu crouched down to yeseul's height and stroked her head, cupping her face. "a friend of mine. i can assure you she'll take good care of you." he smiled and gave yeseul a hug. even though mingyu had just met yeseul an hour ago, he has already grown quite attached to her, so has wonwoo.

"why can't you and wonu take care of me?" she asked pouting.

"we are very busy with school and work, yeseul. but we promise to visit you anytime we can." mingyu smiled, he looked to wonwoo and said, "right?"

wonwoo nodded, crouching down to mingyu and yeseul. "you'll be okay. and anytime we visit you, i'll take you to get your favourite crepe."

the little girl giggled happily, hugging the two boys. mingyu and wonwoo stood up, mingyu saying, "come on, i'll take you to go meet her."

they walked to mingyu's house and took his car to yeseul's future carer. yeseul was excited but scared at the same time. although she had just met the two guys who found her in the park, she felt safe with them and had taking a liking to them.

(time skip to after they gave yeseul a new home bc i'm lazy to write all of it out , sorry)

driving back from the house which was only on the outskirts of the city, mingyu and wonwoo sat in the car. they spent a few hours there so it was already the evening, staying longer than expected.

the city was already lit up, a beautiful sight at night with the multiple coloured lights flashing. wonwoo's head up against the window, already asleep. mingyu looked over and smiled at how wonwoo's mouth hung slightly open as he snored quietly.

admiring small features on the elder's face, he pushed up wonwoo's glasses that were falling to the tip of his nose.

mingyu thought back to what seungcheol had said to him earlier in the day. "have you even thought about confessing to him, yet?"

and to be honest, he has thought about it, many times. as much as he wanted to confess, he was scared. scared that confessing to wonwoo would ruin what they had, and that they would never talk to each other again.

wonwoo isn't the type of person to just shut people out, but mingyu didn't want to risk it. but it hurts so bad.

it hurt mingyu that he didn't have to courage to make wonwoo his. it hurt that wonwoo talked about how much he loved someone else even though they hurt them.

it hurts to love somebody who he feels he can never have.

but he's willing to maybe take that risk.

sorry for a vvv long chapter. it was kinda random bc i was just in a mood for writing some fluff. i got quite lazy towards the end so it's not as great, i'm sorry :<

i feel like i'm dragging the story out too much so i'll try to get to the next big part of the story quicker so there will be a few time skips.

thank you for reading if you made it this far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 615 31
𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒈𝒆 : 𝑬𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉
56.6K 2.7K 11
wonwoo is a huge ass flirt and mingyu forgets how to be smooth. ♫ 아낀다 - Seventeen alt title: i adore you (enough to get dizzy) ✓ 190302 | #2 of boy...
67.3K 3.4K 33
wonwoo can't let anyone know he has a weakness, and that it is a boy named kim mingyu. ©ASTRALJUN started | 010118 ended | 100718 completed ✓