The Eight Part Soul

Bởi DhizKCH

Odysseus, Hercules, Romulus, Aeneas, Percy Jackson, just to name a few demigod heroes whose lives kinda suck... Xem Thêm

Prologue
The search begins
To know
The dream
Gringotts
Diagon Alley
The Third Horcrux
Nightmares
Hogwarts Express
Sorting Hat
First Day
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Detention
Hogsmeade
Educational Decree
Truth Out?
The DA and Fourth Horcrux
Escape!
The Fifth Horcrux
Back Again
Interrogation
Return of...
Onto them
Which House?
After lessons
Meddlesome Ministry?
Comfort
Valentine's Day
Behind the Gargoyle
Headmistress
Do What I'm Supposed To
Chaos
Confront!
The Battle Of The Elder Wands
Intertwined
Beat Or Break
The Last Horcrux
Last Hurrah
Epilogue

Exploring

6.2K 248 92
Bởi DhizKCH

We were all escorted to our dorms or whatever in this school. I followed the rest of the students, Malfoy and another girl in the lead.

The newly minted Slytherins were escorted down to the underground, or the dungeons, where they were all huddled together, saved me who was at the back being myself.

We stopped at the wall and I saw Malfoy tapping on a brick while saying 'Salazar'.

The brick moved and turned into an opening. We all filed in to see w luminous green room that was filled with eerie light.

Upstairs where we were escorted, I found my dorm where four other boys my age were getting ready for bed. I could only thank the Gods that I wasn't with Malfoy.

My trunk was near one of the beds where I dressed into more comfortable clothes and slept, Bea curling up with me for the night.

I awoke sooner at the sound of midnight. Once the others were securely asleep, I snuck away out of the dorm.

It was a shame that I cannot shadow travel because Moody, even if I left the damn Headquarters, would still not lift that curse!

So, I had to move around the castle, mindful of everywhere I go.

Hecate did say there was a Horcrux in the school.

But before I attempt to find it, it was time for a one-to-one with the ghosts.

They felt my presence and cowering slightly as I addressed them to meet at a lower part of the dungeon that was roomy. Once there, they all bowed at the edge of nervousness on their part.

"Your Highness," they all said.

"No need for that. I'm just a normal student, got it?" I asked.

This was indeed the first time that the ghosts have indeed treated me with deference instead of the uncaring attitude towards me. My guess to this attitude was that they were here because they escaped the Underworld by Hecate's permission.

It was thanks to Hecate's permission that I don't really care about this bunch of escaping souls.

Not that they really needed to know that.

"What do you want from us, sir?" One of the ghosts asked. I could sense he died by being beheaded but was done poorly.

"Drop the sir too," I said, "I'm here on a mission and the students here must never know who I'm really am. So, whatever you do, lie about me and when I need your help, you'll help, got it?"

The ghosts nodded eagerly, as if they wanted to get into my good graces.

"That's it. You can go now," I said.

They bowed a last time and left. I sighed. Ghosts...

Then, I decided to find the Horcrux that Hecate mentioned to be in school. I can really sensed it inside this castle and instincts took over.

It led me to the seventh floor near a tapestry where trolls were seen clubbing some poor man. There were no other doors and no object to signify a Horcrux. In fact, I'm just standing in front of a blank wall where there was nothing to be seen.

But the Horcrux has to be here. My instincts are never wrong.

But facts are facts when the Horcrux is not here.

I tried to sense deeply for the Horcrux and my hand instantly went to the wall, stroking it. That's when I knew.

It was at the other side.

But how to get it?

I could blast a hole in the wall but that will cause a commotion.

Then...

I stiffened. A feeling ran through me that was familiar and chilling.

Thanatos.

But he can't be here. As far as I know, no one died yet.

In fact, there was no one in the immediate area except me.

Unless...

The feeling of Thanatos grew as I walked to a certain spot and immediately, my hand reached something unseen and grabbed it.

What I grabbed was a cloak and out came two wizards.

I examined the cloak and recognised from stories that it was Thanatos' cloak of Invisibility. He claimed that he lost it ages ago and deeply missed it.

It's not fun when you cause a mass evacuation just by stepping into a building, you know?

Then, I saw clearly the two people and in astonishment, recognized both.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Harry and Ron.

***

Harry's POV

"That Nico di Angelo, in Slytherin!" Ron ejaculated for what seemed the 100th time as we (me, Ron and Hermione) were seated in armchairs having a heated discussion.

"Ron! For the last time, that does not mean he is evil," Hermione said.

"But 'Mione," Ron started though Hermione cut him off.

"All this prejudice with Slytherin..." Hermione shook her head, "It's sad that we really can't get along with Slytherin like the Hat sang about."

"Well, I still think Harry was right: With Malfoy around, fat chance," Ron snorted.

"Still a shame," Hermione said airily, "I know some people in Slytherin and truthfully they are not all a bad bunch," then she stood up.

"I hope you two don't do something stupid. Remember that he hung out with us during the holidays and he wasn't all that bad."

"But he's still suspicious..." Ron muttered when Hermione was out of earshot.

"So what d'ya reckon?" I asked. I agree with Ron about di Angelo's suspiciousness despite Hermione's objection. His timing was way too good and strange things have been happening lately. 

Like the dragon loose on Gringotts. It actually appeared in the Daily Prophet front page today and I heard snippets. But the time the dragon was loose was the same with when both Mrs. Weasley and Nico were there...

The Boggart incident had given me a better glimpse of Nico's life, and I do feel sorry for him, but Moody was also right when he said:

Keep an eye on that di Angelo. We don't know his circumstances, so he has to be kept an eye on...

"Should we check the Marauder's Map?" Ron asked.

"Maybe later, mate. If he's going to break rules, it would be about midnight. That's what we did," I said.

So, we slept some and woke up around midnight. Like my suspicions, Nico did walk out of the Slytherin's common room and on the prowl.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Ron asked. There was absolutely no question. We took out the Invisibility Cloak.

Unlike Nico, we have been here for 5 years and through shortcuts, managed to reach to Nico. He was having an audience with the ghosts but was finishing up.

"...when I need your help, you'll help, got it?" Nico's tone was slightly commanding and to our surprise, the ghosts nodded eagerly including Peeves who was a very difficult poltergeist.

"That's it. You can go now," Nico said, and the ghosts bowed as they left him.

Nico sighed and then walked away.

Both me and Ron were raising eyebrows at each other.

Why were the ghosts so eager to please with Nico di Angelo?

Help with what?

Then, we were to get the bottom of this.

Nico went through the castle as in a daze until he reached the seventh floor. He was looking around as if confused.

Then, he stood still and slowly approached the wall, stroking it.

We were very confused. What was he doing?

Then, he immediately stiffened. We did as well. What's going on?

After a few moments, he finally walked to us as if possessed and... took out the Cloak!

We fell out in shock. How on Earth could he have sensed us?!

He was examining the Cloak until he looked at us and seemed to recognize us. Then he asked, "What are you doing here?"

I straightened up, along with Ron but it was the latter who asked, "What are you doing here?!"

Nico looked at us with a blank stare. "So you were following me?"

We looked shock, "How did you know?" I asked.

"I guessed, because someone who ask what I'm doing when I found them unseen is probably stalking me," Nico said somewhat sarcastically.

"Fine. Since you know, what were you doing with the ghosts?" I asked.

"The ghosts are scared of me. So I decided to get things straight with them," Nico said immediately with a shrug.

"They are scared of you?" I asked shrewdly. Sorry if I'm skeptical.

"My dad's a ghost hunter, remember? World wide famous, so all ghosts are at least intimidated by him and his lackeys, which includes me," Nico said.

I decided to let it drop, but came on another point. "What were you doing here?"

Nico took a bit longer, "Thought I saw something."

"Not buying it," Rom said quickly. "What are you really doing here?"

"Where did you get this Cloak?" Nico asked in turn, ignoring us. He's hiding something...

"It's from my dad," I said curtly, "So..." I let my hand outstretched for it.

Nico remained still for a while, staring at the Cloak and then me. Before I could thought that he was going to keep the Cloak for himself, he handed it back to me.

"Thanks, how could you sense us under it? We were invisible!" I exclaimed.

Nico was stony silent, looking around, then said, "Is that a cat?"

Indeed there was a cat with lamp like eyes. It was hissing at Nico, then scurried away.

"Oh no, that was Mrs. Norris!" Ron said.

"Mrs. Norris?" Nico asked, puzzled.

"That means Filch, the school caretaker will find us and send us to detention. Let's get out of here," I said, putting the Cloak around Ron. Nico tried to blend in the shadows and we went our separate ways.

"That Nico bloke is weird," Ron said as we reached our dorm room.

"Yes," I said, suspicious of him, "What's he hiding?..."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

173K 4.2K 29
(WARNING! THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO MOVING ON!) Everyone is destined for greater things; therefore death can't stop you from achieving your goals. At lea...
55.4K 1.3K 28
The second Titan war and the second giant war is over. Gaea is defeated. Peace has returned to the world. Everything is back to normal. Zeus, Poseido...
the boy at sea. Bởi althea

Tiểu Thuyết Chung

309 7 4
"𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣...
1K 47 12
THIS STORY IS DISCONTINUED AND UP FOR ADOPTION This is a terrible cliche, and my writing was (still is) absolute shit. If you want to look past all...