the devil in disguise, the va...

By sensitiveluver

in which, she falls for the devil in disguise every single time ! ☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★ [ KLAUS MI... More

INTRO.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL!

XXIV.

7.8K 331 234
By sensitiveluver

"so, i hope you guys are hungry," abby waltz into the room the three were in with a tray of food. "because food has always been my go-to icebreaker."

"you have a really beautiful home." elena said, sending the woman a gentle smile. jocelyn rolled her eyes as she studied the pictures and paintings hanging in the room.

"you're so sweet, just like your mom." abby responded with her own smile. jocelyn glanced to her mother at her words. the heretic knew the story, or at least, from her perspective along with klaus'.

"you knew my mom?" elena quirked an eyebrow, shock evident on her features.

"miranda was my best friend." abby refused to meet her daughters eyes, for she didn't know how much either of the two knew.

"so you had daughters and a best friend and you still left?" bonnie was quick to question the woman.

"her best friend is the reason she left, bon." jocelyn didn't meet their eyes either, continuing to study the room. abby glanced over to her youngest daughter, feeling guilt build.

abby took a seat at the table. "about eleven years ago, a vampire came to town looking for you, elena. looking for the doppelgänger. no one could manage to kill him or take him down, until jocelyn siphoned from him until he desiccated. giving me enough time, saving me enough energy to finish the spell in charlotte."

jocelyn mumbled loud enough for the girls to hear. "i remember feeling so scared for your life. for bonnie's. for everyone's."

"jocelyn?" bonnie furrowed her eyebrows at her sisters words, turning to her mother. "she was only six years old."

"you didn't accept your powers, bonnie. your father wanted to keep you from it, but," abby began to inform the girls. "jocelyn's siphoning power has shown since she was in my womb."

"why am i the only siphoner in this fucking family?" jocelyn pressed her hands against the table. "had a witch in chicago claim she'd tell me, but almost killed me instead. i'm the only siphoner in the bennett line. why?"

abby looked away in a shameful sense, as if guilt was eating away at the woman. jocelyn slammed her hands against the table again, catching her attention. she was tired of the secrets, being in the dark for things she had the right to know.

"what are you hiding from me, mom?" jocelyn's voice broke, surprising both elena and bonnie.

"about eighteen years ago, i met a man from portland." abby whispered, almost too ashamed to speak it aloud. jocelyn pushed off the table as disbelief set in.

"he was apart of the gemini coven." jocelyn breathed out. "tell me you're not about to tell me what i think you're going to say."

"i was young. impulsive. my relationship with rudy was struggling. the man, joshua, had just lost some of his children in a terrible accident. we found comfort in one another—"

"not only was i lied to about why you left, but i was also lied to about who my father is." jocelyn's veins showed under her eyes as the anger grew. bonnie was quick to step in front of her sister, taking a hold of her arms.

bonnie flinched away when she felt the girl siphon from her. jocelyn was too angry to feel guilty for hurting the girl. when jocelyn made a move towards their mother, bonnie was quick to put a pain inflicted spell on the girl. jocelyn dropped to her knees, holding her head in her hands as she let out a groan. "calm down, jocelyn!"

"did grams know too?" jocelyn peered up at her mother, using all the strength she had left. she couldn't deny how strong bonnie actually was. when abby sent the girl a hesitant nod, the heretic felt the sobs threaten to fall from her lips.

"i'm going to step outside." elena whispered to abby, becoming uncomfortable and out of place in the room. the doppelgänger made her way out the front door, leaving the bennett's to finish their talk.

bonnie dropped the spell after a moment, seeing the way her sisters breathing began to steady. the witch fell to her knees as well, too scared to touch the heretic, but close enough to bring comfort to her.

"i just want to know the truth." jocelyn said after the long moment of silence. "why didn't you come home? is that why? you were too ashamed of your afflictions to face me?"

abby let out her own breath, feeling a tear fall down her cheek at the heartbroken expression on her daughters features. "i had no magic. i was in a new city, then i realized i had a chance to be someone else. to be abby wilson, the woman not abby bennett, the witch. i'm not proud of what i did, jocelyn. leaving you behind to deal with that trauma or leaving bonnie behind without a word. i ran, i know i ran, but you both had rudy and your grams and okay, let's face it, your grams is way better at this stuff than i am."

jocelyn wiped the tears away roughly, standing to her feet. bonnie followed the girls actions, her eyebrows furrowed.

"you don't know?" bonnie questioned, though she knew the answer. abby didn't need either to speak what happened, for by the looks on both the girls faces just reassured her thoughts.

"how?" abby mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest as the tears continued to build.

"we were doing a rough spell and we both exhausted ourselves." bonnie couldn't help the tears that fell down her own cheeks. "her more than me and it'll always haunt me because i didn't just lose my grams that night— i lost jocelyn too."

jocelyn felt her heart break at her sisters words. "bonnie, i should've never blamed you for that." bonnie met her sisters gaze for a moment, both communicating just by a look.

"she raised you both right." abby spoke softly, guilt never leaving her chest. "i'm sure she'd be very proud of you two."

before anyone could say another word, jocelyn felt her attention peak at the sound of a familiar vampire's voice coming from outside the home. she let out a growl before disappearing from the room, appearing behind stefan just as jamie fired the shotgun.

jamie turned the gun to the heretic who threw her hands up in mock surrender, tilting her head tauntingly at the boy. "jamie, i don't want to hurt you, but i will if i have too."

stefan stirred on the floor in agony, elena watching with wide eyes as jamie fired the gun once again. jocelyn dodged the wooden bullet, roughly grabbing the boy by his throat.

"he's been compelled, jocelyn!" elena yelled out towards the heretic. "don't hurt him!"

jocelyn tightened her grip on his throat for a second, tossing him to the side before realization dawned on her suddenly. "bonnie."

the heretic appeared back in the house in time to see abby press her hand against bonnie's mouth, knocking the witch out cold due to the herb she'd wiped on her palm.

"i'll kill you." jocelyn growled out, shoving her mother against a wall. "with no remorse. no regret. i used to think that's why you left. because you were scared of the darkness i carried, but really, it was just you running away from the responsibilities and mistakes you made."

"please, jocelyn." abby breathed out due to the lack of oxygen. jamie pulled elena with him, the shotgun in his hand as he rushed inside the home.

jamie's presence caught the heretics attention, giving the woman in her grip enough time to throw the herb she was all too familiar with in her face just as jamie pulled the trigger.

elena let out a gasp as jocelyn fell to her knees. the heretics fingers pressed against the wound that blood had began to ooze out of before she fell limp on the floor.

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"you know, the funny thing about witches is that living or dead, they care about their own." klaus breathed out in agony as the spirits of the witches caused the man to fall to his knees in pain. "a hundred dead witches has a thousand living descendants and i don't have a problem killing every last one of them if i don't get my coffins back. as we speak, my hybrid friend is prepared to end the bennett line."

jocelyn awoke with a gasp in the back seat of her mother's car. bonnie laid unconscious next to her. "bonnie, i'm so sorry." the heretic pushed the hair out of her sisters face. "i won't let him hurt you."

"she didn't tell me where the coffins are." abby informed the hybrid, daniel, who looked at her expectantly as she walked up to him. "my other daughter and that vampire showed up."

"jocelyn?" daniel pushed off the car, worry etched on his features. it was the first thing klaus had ever ordered his hybrids to do.

protect jocelyn.

"where is she?" daniel glared at the woman, seeing her point towards her car hesitantly.

jocelyn groaned, feeling the wood move around inside her. she let out a breath, her eyes catching onto the hybrid who made his way to the car. the heretic glared at the man despite knowing, in the end, he didn't have a free will. he'd do whatever klaus wished of him.

"jocelyn." daniel opened the car door, helping the heretic to her feet. he didn't try to hide the worry and fear he felt. if klaus was to find out she was put into harms way, he'd have his head.

jocelyn shoved the mans hands away from her, leaning against the car as she let out a groan. "he ordered you to end the bennett line?" jocelyn motioned towards bonnie who still laid limp in the back seat of the car.

daniel looked between jocelyn and the unconscious witch. "if she was to try and stop the plan, yes. i was ordered to do so."

jocelyn growled as she shoved the man against the car by his throat, using her empty hand to rip the hybrids heart out of his chest.

bonnie stirred awake as daniel's body dropped to the ground. jocelyn let the heart fall from her hand as she leaned against the car once again due to the pain she felt from the wood scraping her heart.

"jocelyn?" bonnie mumbled out, her gaze on the limp body now on the ground. "what'd you do?"

"protected you." jocelyn breathed out, her hand over the bleeding wound on the stomach. "i'm sorry. for all of it. doing things to purposely hurt you. for blaming you for what happened to grams. bonnie, you're the only family i have left."

abby's gaze left the two, knowing jocelyn's last few words were a shot at her. she loved her children, but she knew they were better off without her.

"i forgive you." bonnie wrapped her arms around her sister, letting the tears that had built in her eyes fall silently.

jocelyn pulled out of her sisters grip, taking a few steps away from her. the heretics gaze fell on her mother. "get her out of here."

"jocelyn, wai—" bonnie started, but stopped in her words when her sister disappeared from her sight. the witch let out a sigh before whispering her next words. "thank you."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"where's daniel?" klaus glared as he spoke to another one of his hybrids. he pulled his phone out, seeing no new messages or phone calls from jocelyn. no word from her the entire day. "where the hell is jocelyn?"

"you lied to me." jocelyn appeared, leaning against the door frame of the room klaus and his hybrid had put the coffins.

"jocelyn," klaus' head turned to her, worry showing on his features as he heard the heavy breathing leaving her lips. "what happened?"

"wooden bullet." jocelyn whispered, almost inaudible had it not been for the mans supernatural hearing. "courtesy of your hybrids compulsion on that boy living with my mother. you know, the one you just happened to not tell me about?"

klaus' face dropped at her words, jocelyn quick to catch onto the guilt he'd let show for a moment. the girl tried to stand on her own, but felt herself sway to the side as if she was going to fall. the original hybrid appeared by her side within a blink of an eye, pulling her into his chest. jocelyn let him hold her for a moment, feeling his gaze flicker to her stomach. his fingers went to touch the wound, but the girl was quick to use her magic to throw him across the room.

"don't touch me." jocelyn breathed out, holding her hand over her stomach. jocelyns strength, despite being hurt, had shocked him. he didn't bother hiding the hurt that appeared on his features.

"don't be stubborn, love." klaus could see the blood that had soaked her shirt. "you can feel it, can't you? the wood scraping against your heart? let me help you."

"that hybrid makes another move towards me and i'll rip his heart out, quite like i did daniel." jocelyn glared at the original hybrid across the room. klaus felt his own glare form at the news, reluctantly sending the hybrid away after a moment. "i don't want your help."

"you need my help." klaus said, taking steps closer to the girl. "admit it, miss odessa. you need me as i need you. you're hurt i kept this information from you, but that woman abandoned you. became your first heartbreak. left you to make you think you did something wrong when really it was her. you're better off without her. i'm trying to protect you!"

"are you talking about my mother or your own?" jocelyn felt the anger in her grow considerably at every word he spoke, at every step he took towards her. "this wasn't your choice to make. that was my choice and you tried to take that away from me, like you took the choice away from rebekah, elijah, all of them!"

klaus eyes flickered to their yellow shade for a moment before turning their normal shade only to flicker yellow again. jocelyn took a step away from the man, feeling a sense of fear when his hybrid eyes were directed at her. without a thought, she used her last bit of energy to put a pain inflicted spell, making the original hybrid drop to his knees as a yell of agony fell from his lips.

jocelyn took another step backwards, dropping the spell when she felt someone grab her. klaus' hybrid didn't get a chance to harm the girl due to another original appearing behind him, ripping his heart out.

jocelyn let out a breath when she felt the body drop behind her. elijah's gaze flickered between his brother and the girl, letting the heart drop from his hand.

"oh, god." jocelyn felt the wood scrape against her heart once again, feeling her knees give in. elijah caught her in his arms, feeling klaus come up in front of him quicker than a second. her eyes flickered shut as she went limp in the original's arms.

elijah stared down at the girl for a long moment before he glanced up, seeing the jealousy etched on his brothers face. "what have you done, niklaus?"

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

AUTHORS NOTE,
um this is so long, but elijah's back :)

i hope everyone can see why jocelyn's so upset with him! she feels like he's making decisions for her, keeping her from things she has the right to know, blah blah like the chapter says. klaus sees so much of himself in her. in his mind, he's protecting her, but she sees it differently.

i've been waiting so long to add that she's kai parker's half sister, but i didn't think anyone else should've told her, so i waited until this episode for her to finally TRULY find out uh haha! but that's what gloria was hinting at in that chapter! if no one caught on to that

anyways, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter. we're about to get a lot of jealous klaus moments and more bonnie/jocelyn scenes. i'm excited!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 1.2K 7
ᵃᵘᵗᵒᵖʰᵒᵇⁱᵃ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵉᵃʳ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵉⁱⁿᵍ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵉ
410K 8.8K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
316K 6.9K 32
My name is Ariel Forbes and this is going to be the story of my crazy messed up life. My adopted sister is a vampire, Katherine is a b**** but she's...
28.3K 963 10
The Vampire Diaries Season Three to TBD Kol mikaelson x OC