Driver (Sebastian Vettel) - O...

By TeamStyles01

"It's all on you, Megan." Being a karting pro had boosted Megan Moore's career as a test driver, she'd hopped... More

0.1 - Cast
0.2 - Playlist
0.3 - Important Notes - Disclaimers
1.0 - Megan
2.0 - Charles
3.0 - Friends
4.0 - German Language
5.0 - Lewis
6.0 - Natalie
7.0 - Sebastian
8.0 - Italy
9.0 - Paola
11.0 - Calling Simeri Mare
12.0 - Tears
13.0 - Italian
14.0 - Vincenzo
15.0 - Wine & Talks
16.0 - Returning To Work
17.0 - Little Talks
18.0 - Smiles
19.0 - Hungover
20.0 - Kater
21.0 - Losing
22.0 - England
23.0 - A Long Week
24.0 - Karyn
25.0 - France
26.0 - Outbursts & Alcohol
27.0 - Less Words, More Actions
28.0 - Explaining
29.0 - Catching Up
30.0 - Own Worst Enemy
31.0 - Small Things
32.0 - Austria
33.0 - Struggles
34.0 - Visitors
35.0 - Just Listening
36.0 - Hoping
37.0 - Mother

10.0 - Alive

1K 17 0
By TeamStyles01

MEGAN MOORE

Paola was quick at finding me some overalls to wear, once she had given them to me she pushed me in the direction of the changing rooms which was situated by the track. I stood by the bench and pulled out my driving clothes from my holdall before I stripped down and pulled on the thin leggings and thin grey cami grateful for the temporary relief from the heat. 

For a moment I just sat down in these clothes as I sprayed myself with deodorant and took some time for myself. "Are you ready, Megan?" I heard Paola shout as her heels approached. 

I tried to grab my jacket but she was entered and looked over at me, "Wow!" She walked over to me as stood behind me and checked out the large tattoo that covered my back. "This is amazing, why don't you show it off?"

Pulling my blazer over it I turned to face her, "It's unprofessional." These were the same words I had repeated to me when I got my first job. It might have been seven years ago but it stung and it stayed with me. Ever since that day, I covered up any tattoos that I had covered my body with when working. I worked in long sleeves and high jackets every single day to hide all my art. 

Paola looked at me with a puzzled look, "It's part of your identity."

"This," I waved a hand up and down my body. "This is my work identity. My tattoos are part of my personal life, I don't mix my work and personal life if I can help it."

She walked towards the door as I pulled my overalls on, only removing my blazer to pull on the overalls covering my back and arm tattoos. "No one is going to judge you here," she told me as she smiled at me. 

Zipping up the red overalls I turned back to her and returned the smile. "This is totally my choice," I reminded her. I sat on the bench and pulled on my driving shoes strapping them up as I took a deep breath. Jumping to my feet I smiled excitedly at Paola, "Now this is the best part of the day."

She didn't speak, she only laughed as she followed me out to the tarmac, waiting for us was two test F1 cars, Sebastian and two gentlemen. "This is where I leave you," Paola smiled as she nodded at me. "If you need anything you know where my office is," she shook my head before she headed off inside. 

I walked over to Sebastian who was talking to the two guys, they stopped as I approached and looked at me. Sebastian was wearing the same overalls as myself only in his size, the two other guys had headsets on and both held helmets. 

"Megan," Sebastian said my name as I stood next to him, my right hand reaching for the hair tie around my wrist only to find it wasn't there. I would have to find another way to distract myself from the nerves I felt right now, I put my hands behind my back and found myself holding my hands together before I slowly started to pinch the skin on each hand going from one hand to next. "This is Nico and Gianluca, they are going to be on radios whilst we're on track."

Nodding my head I managed a smile at them both before the taller male handed me a helmet, I took it from him and smiled. "Thanks," I wrapped my hands around it, giving myself something to hold now. "So, you're going to be talking to me while I drive?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips as I tried to act casual.

"Gianluca," he offered his hand and his name to me as we walked towards one of the cars. 

I cautiously shook his hand before I reached into the helmet and checked the padding, he handed me two wireless headphones which I took and placed in my ears before pulling the helmet over my head, my blonde hair trapped under it as I adjusted the visor then climbed into the awaiting car. 

REaching on the bonnet I took the steering wheel before I looked up at Gianluca, "So, what, I just drive now?"

"For now, yes. The tires are just on the car, they haven't been warmed up or anything but for now, we just need some basic data on your driving style compared to Seb's." He stepped away and continued to talk as he turned his back on me, only this time I could hear his voice through the headphones. "So, can you hear me, Megan?"

"Yeah," I answered him as I smiled to myself. 

"Let's get some data then."

I looked down at the steering wheel in front of me, my hands were shaking as I pressed on the button to start the car. You would think it gets easier with each passing time but it doesn't. Knowing that I am in charge of something so important and dangerous scares me a little bit.

As I moved the car off I found myself being overtaken by Sebastian who was already winging it around the track. I bit my lip as I started to drive, I couldn't fuck up again after the last time he saw me drive and this time I didn't have Charles here to help me out. 

I put my foot down as my hands did all the work on the wheel pressing the appropriate buttons and turning when required as I built my speed up and started to enjoy the track. 

"So," I heard Gianluca's voice which startled me as he had been silent since I started. "Can we ramp it up a notch? I want to get some corner data when you're ready."

"Okay," I replied before I continued to increase my speed on the straight, my lips curling into a smile as I approached the corner, my braking was harsh as I took the corner returning to the gas.

"Too much brake!" Gianluca shouted into my ears. "Smooth on the corners, please. Follow the racing line."

I nodded to myself as I saw the next corner come into view, maybe I was a little rusty. As I got closer to the corner I decreased my speed my thumbs pressing on the steering wheel as I changed through the gears before smoothly travelling around the corner and into the next turn. 

"Much better," Gianluca praised. "Now catch up with Seb, let's see you both on a corner."

Moving the car around the track I got behind Sebastian who was moving slowly until I approached, I assumed hed been told to wait for me. He moved a little quicker, before taking the next corner. I followed him matching his actions as best I could. 

"Next corner, I want you to overtake him." Gianluca was spitting out the commands to me. 

Overtaking someone was easier said than done, espcially if they are a previous world champion and yu aren't even a recognised professional driver. 

I bit my lip hard as I sped up to get ready, my hands shaking as we approached the corner, as he went round I tried to cut past him on the inside but he was much quicker than me, he moved over blocking me. Instead I tried to go wide around him, my nerves shot as he swerved back in my path as I braked harshly to avoid hitting him as he sped away from me. 

"Better luck next time kid," Gianluca supported me. "We've got the rest of the afternoon to catch him up. I want one overtake before the end of the day."

"Yes sir," I saluted as I took a hand off the wheel before increasing my speed. I had my work cut out for me this afternoon. 

XOXOX

The end of the driving session came too quickly and I hadn't once overtook Sebastian, he was prepared for me everytime I tried to make a move. It was like he knew exaclty what I was thinking. 

I didn't hang around when I left the car, I basically ran to the changing rooms where I hopped into the shower. Once I was satisfied I no longer smelt I dried myself off and returned to my smart white outfit and heels, a stark constract the to girl who was racing around the track. Taking my bag I headed back out, Gianluca and Dino stared at me as I walked across the tarmac to their work shack.

"You look-" 

"Different," I cut Gianluca off. 

He laughed, "I was going to go with amazing, but different will do."

I blushed at the Italian man's words, I wish I could have said the same from him. He was a sweet lad but he just was not a looker. He had a strange look about him, his features were large but not too large, his bone structure on his face seemed off to me. 

"Thanks," I mumbled as I held my bag strap tightly. "So, I left my overalls and helmet in the changing rooms, is that okay?"

Gianluca nodded, "Sure, they will be cleaned ready for the morning."

I looked at Sebastian, "So, what happens now?"

He smiled at me, "These two will run the data they captured. We're here to practice and get in tune with each otehr, so we can go now. Besides it's only half a hour till 5."

"Thank you," I said to both Gianluca and Dino before we all bid our farewells. 

Sebastian and myself headed to basement level, we were goign to collect our transport and head on out of here. I had decided that once I left here I was going to get some food before returning back to the apartment. We both got into our cars before leaving the facility, I watched as he sped off into the busy streets. I took my time not wanting to get into some kind of accident on a road I didn't even know. I smiled as I got onto the road, I could see people looking at my car, it was differnt to most other cars on the road. I could get used to this. 

GIANLUCA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.8K 1.9K 43
Joey, Irish born female racing driver, has been offered the experience of a lifetime to support the FIA safety car driver Bernd MaylΓ€nder during the...
45.9K 1.5K 25
He was her favorite driver but when they start to drive for the same team, all they do is fight. She is the forbidden fruit he knows he can't have an...
3.2K 164 7
𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 ❝ you look nice ❞ ❝ blink twice if you're being held hostage ❞ from go-karts to formula one cars, nicolette mille still can't esca...
237K 4.7K 60
It had been 10 years since the last time Valeria had set foot in a kart, or a circuit for that matters. She had grown up watching Formula1 with her d...