♞ Claiming His Filly ♞( Compl...

By BombcheleBooks

♞Hutch Brother's Book 1♞ Harley Hutch has waited years to claim his Filly. He was 7 years older than her bu... More

♞ Claiming His Filly ♞
♞ Chapter 1 ♞
♞ Chapter 2
♞ Chapter 3 ♞
♞ Chapter 4 ♞
♞ Chapter 5 ♞
♞ Chapter 6 ♞
♞ Chapter 7 ♞
♞ Chapter 8 & 9 ♞
♞ Chapter 10 ♞
♞ Chapter 11 ♞
♞ Chapter 12 ♞
♞ Chapter 13 ♞
♞ Chapter 14 ♞
♞Chapter 15 ♞
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19-Final

Chapter 18

12K 393 10
By BombcheleBooks

Chapter 18

Harley and Kevin had lost a measure of hope of finding them this night and rode with their heads hung low. If only they hadn't listened to their father and stayed behind.

Harley and Kevin both felt the weight of the world on their shoulders, that is until a lone paint horse stepped out from the shadows distracting them.

The brothers pulled their own mounts up short as they scanned the horizon for the horses rider.

"What now?"

Kevin muttered. "This night just keeps getting stranger."

Harley silently agreed as he scanned for any signs of life but saw nothing besides the saddled horse grazing in front of them.

At this point seeing no rider made them very nervous it could belong to anyone. Someone injured and dying, or it was as simple as someone that was up to no good. On this night nothing surprised them.

Harley was the first to call out "Who's there" what answered back what's a surprise to him and his brother.

"The who don't matter, I ain't here get myself in trouble and lose my life. I just come to warn you, on my way out of town, that all is not as it seems back at ole Jenson's place. Them ladies you're looking for, I'm almost certain that their there. I can't prove nothing and I sure can't tell you where they're at but I'm almost positive their there. Old Jenson and that Foreman of his like to get up to no good. I don't need to see it to know it and no man who gets up to no good with another man and ain't brave enough to bring it to light is a liar in my book and I ain't working for no liars."

Harley cleared his throat clearly getting uncomfortable with this conversation he didn't need to know what the old man did under the cover of night, behind locked doors. What his preferences were and what kind of games he played whether it be with a man or woman was not for him to judge that was left to the maker, he just wanted to know if they had his Little Filly.

" Well, what the old man does is for him to answer for on the day of judgement . It's not for us to judge, so you can keep that information to yourself. What I want to know is this..Is my ladies in that house and who took them?"

The man couldn't answer that so at that point he whistled for his horse and swung himself up on the beast but before he rode out he looked back. His identity protected by the night leaving Harley to wonder who would betray the old man.

"I will tell you this I saw horses ride in with women tied on and that Foreman of the old man's went in the house to get who ever he fetched them women for. Past that I don't know because I wasn't taking the chance I'm getting caught so I packed my stuff to ride out as soon as the coast was clear."

Harley nodded and thanked the man. Wishing him the best of luck as they turned and fast as lightning made their way back to the Jenson Ranch.

When Harley and Kevin pulled up in the yard it was silent as a tomb the bunkhouse and ranch house was all dark except for one small light in the very top of the House. Which they didn't see until they quietly circled the house peeking in every window.

In the back towards the woods so as not to raise suspicion a dim light in what would be the attic shown bright enough to see shadows passing before it.

It didn't take a smart man to realize at this time of night and with everything that was going on there was no reason why multiple shadows should be moving in the attic he didn't think the old man was taking up spring cleaning. Especially after midnight when he appeared to have been awakened by their visit, so something or someone was up in that attic. This wasn't adding up and he didn't care what the old man did behind closed doors he was about to find out just what was being played out here tonight especially after the grim warning he had just received. The fact he had been told he was lied to by one of the Ole man's hands was enough evidence for him to break down the door.

His brother followed him has he went back around the front and stood behind him and he kicked in old Jensen's front door. It didn't take him long to make his way up the stairs and he wasn't being too quiet about it either. I guess that was his downfall as the old man's Foreman met him at the top steps.

"What in the tarnation is this about?" Kale asked with a voice full of indignation.

" This is about a little bird telling me you were seen tonight with two women slung over your horse. Upon reaching the yard you came inside for help. With that light on in the attic when I was convinced I woke you, I am gonna believe that little birdy because there is something fishy going on here. If you got my women in there your in for one hell of a ride when I hang you in the nearest tree just to hear your neck snap and that's after I beat you to a bloody pulp."

Harley growled out, he took joy in the three shades of white that the mans face turned.

Harley not wanting to wait any longer when Myley could be only feet away pushed past a now intimated Kale. Kevin followed behind but Kale seemed to recover from his shock and with a growl of rage pushed Kevin back down the stairs. Harley turned in time to see his brother tumble down the steps. Harley called his name as he landed, Kevin moaned and blinked to clear his head clearly stunned.

Harley turned and punched Kale so hard he heard the crunch of the cartilage as it broke.

The man hollered out in pain but Harley ignored him, snatching him up by his collar and dragging him the rest of the way to the attic door.

The crack that sounded loudly to the room over the door hitting the wall is Harley kicked it open was the only sound as Harley took in the scene that lay before him.

Old man Jenson was tied to a wood X of sorts, a black ball gag that reminded him of a horse bit in his mouth.

The scene made him shudder, with disgust at the lifestyle he wished

he never had to be witness to.

The thought of these two men play I such games was too much. So he blocked it out and looked down to see a very embarrassed Kale. Right now he could care less about their games only the truth.

"Where are the women Kale? What did you do with them?"

Harley turned at the muffled shouting sounds coming from the old man and went to undo his bindings. Jenson pulled the gag from his mouth and grabbed his pants. "What have you done Kale?"

The old man shouted.

Kale shook his head in shame.

"You said it was her fault. You said if she hadn't rejected him it would all be different."

Jenson sighed. "I said a lot out of anger but I never raised a hand to harm anyone nor would I ever."

Kale looked up from his seat on the floor where Harley had thrown him.

"You said it and then we found out we could loose everything. So when I saw Colt's man, Trevor, I made plans. I snuck over to their property and set fire to the feed and tack barns. While everyone was distracted I took them. Trevor met me here while you were upstairs and took them away. I had hoped if Colt could convince Myley to be with him he'd stay and help."

" You damn old fool. That boy was never gonna stay and all you did was help him get revenge on that poor girl for turning him down. Which by the way she was almost raped by him on their one and only date, now thanks to you that nightmare is being relived and even worse. What the hell was you thinking. This didn't help anyone but Colt. I never wanted revenge on anyone." Jenson was shouting now and pacing the floor.

"Harley I can never fix this for you. I can never repay this blyth that will forever stain my name against your family. I will send men to rebuild for you and your father. At my cost, which at this point with take everything I have left."

The last part was a shot at Kale no doubt as Jenson cut his eyes at him.

"It was their fault your son left." Kale defended himself

"That boy has always been rotten Kale and I wanted him gone once I had the proof of it."

Kale hung his head and wept.

Harley looked at the broken man knowing leaving him alive was worse than killing him.

"I will let you live but you will disappear or I will come back and kill you for what you've done to my family. I think casting you out is punishment enough. Showing you how it feels to loose your family.

Jenson nodded, "I agree. I have no use for men like you Kale. Like my son, lying and conniving. Go sleep in his bed. Now where is Lady Myley and Lady B.?"

Jenson asked.

"I think they took them to the old bunkhouses past the west pastures, about a mile back in the tree line."

Kale said through his tears.

Harley looked at Jenson and shook his hand.

"I am sorry I intruded on your personal affairs. I promise to repeat nothing I saw here."

The old man nodded, " Much obliged."

Harley waited no longer but sprinted down the stairs to find Kevin sitting on the porch swing. Cold towel held to his head.

"Can you ride?"

At his brothers nod they mounted and took off at a gallop. Kevin asked no questions just followed hoping his brother had finally discovered the answers they needed to find Myley and Momma B.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 11.5K 19
***Exciting news everyone!! I've hired an editor!! If you're a fan of Wilson Ranch make sure to follow as major grammar/spelling corrections are go...
1.8K 76 15
Colby Roselyn's life hasn't given him a break through his eighteen years of it but as a graduating senior, with a good foster family and still being...
1.4K 94 25
Nicole was raised in a big city a but when her mom loses her job and is forced to live with her uncle. Who owns a horse breeding ranch. Will she be a...
2.1K 185 31
Join April Lilic with her horse and her horse's angel. April is an average 16 year old dealing with the stress of her family and school. She is lucky...