The Golden Girl(Niall Horan/1...

By MouseStyles

A basic Olympic show jumping gold medalist by the name of Lauren Gravel. A huge popstar that is making millio... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

544 11 2
By MouseStyles

"I want her home by ten o'clock, no exceptions," Fiona scolded, taking a step forward the glare up at Niall. Which looked really funny, because she is only around five two, a whole five to six inches shorter than him. Her stubby finger was centimeters away from poking his nose, her face twisted into a serious scowl.

"Woah no worries," Niall laughed, taking a step back from the little women who looked quite fierce despite her size. "But you know Fi, Lauren lives with me, whether you like that or not. So you won't really know.."

"Oh, I'll know," She said, narrowing her eyes again, and whipping out her finger to point just as quickly as she had dropped it. "I can sure send Louis or Harry over to check on you. Or I'll just go sit on the porch steps until you get there." 

 "You will not, you are not my mother," I muttered under my breath, folding my arms behind my back and looking down at the ground, hoping she hadn't heard me. But, of course, she did.

"Actually, your mother put me in charge of you while we came over here. But now that you are eighteen, she informed me that I can act as your mother, even if you don't have to do what I say. Not that you would anyway," Fiona started, but Niall broke her off, holding up his hand in her face.

"Calm, Fi, I'll have her back in plenty of time," Niall chuckled, reaching over and wrapping his hand around mine. "Way before ten. No need to gut, kill, or scare the shit out of anyone. Although, I'm sure Harry would love it if you called him." He winked in my general direction.

"He realizes she's like, twenty-six right? And he's still eighteen?" I snickered.

"Caroline Flack," Niall coughed into his arm, before grinning brightly at me. "Enough about Harry, c'mon let's go." He began tugging me out the door.

"Don't forget Horan! Ten o'clock! I'll be waiting!"

"Yeh, yeh," He said, smiling at me and waving his hand to dismiss Fiona's loud yells and demands, tugging me down the sidewalk toward his awaiting car.

"So, we aren't going to Nando's, which I presume is a fast food place, for this surprise date are we?" I questioned, slipping into the passenger seat as elegantly as I could whenever Niall held open the door for me.

 "Ha, no something a bit fancier. Actually, I rented out the restaurant," He shot me a happy look as he slammed the door behind me, stalking the other side and climbing into his own driver's side and pulling out from the curb.

"Is it food I will eat?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow. "You know what, scratch that, I will eat any food. And I'm starved. I haven't ate since lunch because you had Fiona take me out for like five hours, and then work on my hair and makeup for another two."

Niall laughed that loud and adorable laughter, glancing at me from the corner of his eye, keeping his other on the road intently as he turned down a few sharp cut streets. "I did that on purpose, so you didn't see me making plans and freaking out all day." He smiled adorablly, and I could tell his smile he paired with it was nervous.

"It sucked, and never do it again. Next time just lock me in my room," I said, poking his arm. "I never want to see that jumping combo she set up in the arena ever again. Not even kidding, we did it roughly around thrity times."

"But it kept your mind off things didn't it?" He asked seriously, slowing the car down and pulling to a stop in a parking lot. 

"It did.." I trailed off, looking out the darkly tinted windows toward were we where. The resuarant appeared to all be outside, except for a small building about the size of a concession stand at a sporting event, surrounding by multiple iron tables with little iron chairs surrounding those. Little candles were scattered around various tables, sending soft light flickering across the area that was quickly darkening from the sunset. Flowers vined along the iron rails that surrounded all the tails, sending bright colors of blue, purple, and red into sight.

"Is this an outdoor restaurant?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows together and watching the scenary with newfound interest. "It looks absolutely beautiful."

Niall didn't reply, instead he climbed from his seat, stalking hasitly to my side before I could push open the door and pulling it open for me instead. He held out his hand, grinning broadly at me as he replied, "Not as beautiful as you."

"Cheesy," I commented with a sly smile, even if my burning cheeks didn't back up my sarcasm. Gingerly, I slid my hand into his, pulling myself from the seat and shutting the door behind me. Taking a deep breath, I picked at the new wrinkles forming on my dress, looking nervously toward the area as I clutched onto Niall's hand like it was my lifeline.

"Hey, I rented it out, remember? You don't have to worry about others, except maybe the waitor," Niall assured me, squeezing my hand back, and leading me up toward the iron gates that enclosed everything.

"Mr. Horan?" A potite looking lady greeted us at the gate, smiling brightly at us as she held a clipboard under her arm. "And Ms. Gravel too! You were stunning at the Olympics, love."

No matter how much time I spent here, I don't think I would ever get used to their accents, and the way they spoke so kindly to everyone. I hadn't met a rude person yet.

"Thank you," I murmured shyly, picking at my dress again in sheer nervousness. Niall squeezed my hand one more time, before leading me through the gate that the young girl swung open for us. We walked all the way back to a corner of the closed in area. 

He gripped one of the chairs, slipping it back with a loud squeaking sound, and offering me a smile with a wave of his hand. "There you go, love."

"Thanks," I murmured shyly, sitting down and scooting in my chair, cringing each time the metal screeched against the rough contact with the concrete.

He sat down across from me, shooting me a smile as he slipped his menu into his hands, reading down the plastic. "I can recommend some things to you if you don't know what you want."

"Why don't you just order for me. If you do, I will love you forever, because I can't read half of this stuff on here. What language is this in?" I looked up from over the top of the plastic covered menu, my eyebrows crinkled in confusion.

"French," Niall replied without looking up, his eyes scanning a few more times before he slapped the plastic down onto the table covered with a fancy table cloth. "I'm going to get you basically grilled chicken with more seasoning, okay?"

"Sounds good," I said with a small grin, sliding my own menu over to him to stack on one end of the table. "You know me too well."

"Well, I do get the groceries sometimes," Niall replied. "which come from your lists. Which you write. Which are generally your tastes because you know I eat anything."

"True," I said with a sigh, leaning back in the seat and folding my hands neatly in my lap and looking past Niall's shoulder as a dark haired teenage boy approached, dressed all in black except for a small white bowtie that stuck out from the dark color of his top. A fake smile was plastered on his features as he continued to approach, slinking over to stand over Niall's shoulder.

"Hello there, I'm Thomas, and I'll be your waitor for the night. By the looks, you have already decided on your meals," He spoke quickly, his eyes flicking back and forth between the two of us before they settled on me, a sinister smirk forming. "What would you two be having?"

Niall snapped his fingers in front of the boys face to break his dark eyes from staring at me. Quickly, Niall began speaking sharply in English, adding a few on the French words in their for the food, before nodding at him, and saying calmer. "Would you please get us both some more water? Thank you."

"I'll be back with that," Thomas replied, his gaze locking with mine one final time, that silly little smile still there before he disappeared back through the iron tables and into the small bulding.

"Idiot," I heard Niall mutter under his breath as he took a small sip from his cyrstal water glass, eyeing me.

"Jealous there, Nialler?" I grinned, despite thinking there was something wrong with that kid. His dark gaze scared me in the slightest.

Oh shush Lauren, he's just some kid who thinks he can get in your pants, but sadly he doesn't know you don't do that kind of thing. My thoughts seemed to be having a conversation with someone else. Myself, really.

"What are you thinking about?" Niall questioned after my few moments of silence. "Something you need to talk about? Did Jennings come back? Something at the barn?" His voice was so concerned, his eyes wide too as he went to reach for my hand. The caring expression on his face made my heart melt.

"Nah, Niall I'm good," I grinned, letting him cover my hand with his, biting my lip as the normal butterflies that refused to leave began their new party.

"Here's your waters," I didn't even notice Thomas appear, this time behind my shoulder. He sat the two crystal glasses down over my shoulder, his hot breath breathing in my ear, like it was intentional. I saw Niall clench his fists, and close his eyes. 

"Could you back up please?" I said coldly, holding up my hand. "Thank you."

He tried to look taken aback, but I could see right through his expression. He was enjoying this for some apperent reason. A tiny grin formed on his face as he disappeared again into the darkness.

"I think I have to use the bathroom," I told Niall hasitly, rising in my seat, and creeping cautiously the other way than that creepy Thomas kid had gone, heading for the small building.

I ducked my head down into the dark shadow of the building, reaching for the doorknob that was attached to the labeled girls bathroom. Right as I went to turn the knob, a hand captured around my wrist, and yanked me harshly in the other direction.

I was pulled around to meet those damn haunting hazel eyes.

"Thought you could run away, didn't you little girl?"

-------------------------------

TOLD YOU. DRAMA LLAMA.

More in the next chapter though. this book will be like 22 chapters, maybe. that's all it needs. ALMOST LIKE RTF. WOAH.

Jk, that had 20.

Anyway, I hoped you liked this. Maybe. I thought it was better. Maybe. Just maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...
43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
324K 8.6K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄α΄κœ±α΄› ʀᴇᴀᴅ κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ α΄‘α΄€Κ€κœ± κœ°α΄€Ι΄κœ°Ιͺα΄„α΄›Ιͺᴏɴ ᴏɴ α΄‘α΄€α΄›α΄›α΄˜α΄€α΄… ⭐️ ʜΙͺΙ’Κœα΄‡κœ±α΄› Κ€α΄€Ι΄α΄‹Ιͺɴɒꜱ ꜱᴏ κœ°α΄€Κ€: #1 ΙͺΙ΄ κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ α΄‘α΄€Κ€κœ± (2017) #1 ΙͺΙ΄ α΄‹ΚΚŸα΄ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...